main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF Members check in here!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar Fett

Jar Jar Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2000
    Been a while since I've posted regularly...

Name: Lawrence
    SW Related Interests: Collecting, watching hte films every once in a while, etc.
    Non-SW Related Interests: anime, movies, I'm somewhat of an artist as well.
    How did you get started on SW: Saw them on TV when I was a kid. Haven't seen them
    again until 1995, then was hopelessly hooked since then with no stop in sight.

2. rougeliter

rougeliter Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2006
    Name: Joey

SW Related Interests: OT, Episode III, KOTOR, Clone Wars animated, Natalie Portman, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Storm Troopers, Shatterpoint, Lego Star Wars, Episode 1:podracer video game

Non-SW Related Interests: Writing, Film, Playing Baseball, Gaming, Firefly

How did you get started on SW: I saw the re-release with a few friends when it came out. I initially didn't like it but my friend told me the original release was better so she rented it and I was hooked since.

3. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Name: Matt

Location: Near LA for another couple weeks, then somewhere in SF.

SW Related Interests: Collecting, books, comics, video games, costumes (attempting to make them or convincing others to make them for me), fan events, yeah, pretty much everything.

Non-SW Related Interests: Playing hockey, music, Harry Potter, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Joss Whedon TV and movies, Marvel Comics and a lot more ...

How did you get started on SW: When I was 8 some friends had a sleep over at my house. One of them brought ROTJ and it blew me away. The next day, without sleep, I watched ANH and ESB and I was hooked. I spent the next few years watching one of the movies every single night before bed. I also began collecting almost immediately, it was tough since I was 8 in 1989 when there wasn't really any new Star Wars stuff being made. Thanks to supportive parents and a lot of garage sales I began a build up collection of vintage toys (all of which I played with). I've been collecting ever since... now when I move to San Francisco I'm going to have to leave most of my stuff, sad day.

If you're really bored you can check out my MySpace page.

4. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
  5. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    Name: Shawn

Location: A very snowy Denver Colorado for a week or so (if it doesn't snow anymore next week) and then Fairfield for a a few months.

Interests: Anything Star Wars, I also like the new Battlestar Galactica. Starring in a fan film under production in Pueblo, CO.

Just wanted to say "hi" to everyone on Sf boards I am going to be home on Jan 6th (barring anymore blizzards, like the next round that we're getting ready to get hit with) and I should be there for a couple of months, would to attend any meetings you guys might have. Anyway, look forward to meeting everyone. I am also on the SVRF boards as well.

6. ScootyPuffJr

ScootyPuffJr Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2007
    Name: Mary Thomson
    Location: San Fernando, CA (but I'm from Albany originally and go to the BA a lot)
    SW Related Interests: Costuming, going to cons, whatevs.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Beading, collectible model horse shows and judging, writing, drawing, reading.
    How did you get started on SW: Was 16 when the first came out, saw 50 times in theater the first year. Basically, "Star Wars fan BEFORE it was fashionable..." in the 70's we geeks used to be laughed at and ostracized for what is socially cool and acceptable today. Paved the way for the younglings, we did...I know there's a lot of you old school people out there, so shot-out, baby!

Mary

7. Nienna_dedan

Nienna_dedan Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2007
    Name: Nellie

SW Interests: Battlefront (1 and 2), SW novels (Hans Solo trilogy is my favorite), Trivia, Celebration IV!!!. The science behind the movies, and I am pretty much in love with Charles Ross- the one man star wars guy

Non-SW Interests: Painting, climbing, tennis, drawing, hiking, playstation, road trips, ect.

How you got started on SW: Well, my brother and dad used to watch the origional trilogy a lot when i was younger, and when i was 10 or 11, Episode 1 came out and I was obsessed with it for a while, but then I became pre-occupied by Harry Potter (sad, i know) Then a few years ago, I came across Battlefront, and fell back in love with SW.

8. Red_Mandalorian7887

Red_Mandalorian7887 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2007
    NAME: Even , That's Even as in Odd N Even, not Evan

SW INTRESTS: OMG ANYTHING!!!! But mainly collecting anyhting SW and watching the movies for the Quadrillionth time,,, would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get into costuming, tho i have none and have never made one,,,, and making new SW buddys!!

NON SW INTRESTS: Music, movies, LOVE LOVE LOVE Stevie Nicks!!!! ,,,, Favorite tv shows include "Roseanne" , "King Of Queens" and "South Park" love anything to do with cats,,,, I love to play and tend to my own four babys!!! (Ok I know its weird but they are like my kids!!)

HOW YOU GOT INTO SW:
    Well its kinda a long story but I love it just the same!!
    I was 7 in 1977, and I went to school and it was pouring down rain, that May,, so I went into Miss Harold's second grade class, where my best friend (Who had been out sick for quite some time ) Had just come back to school. and as I went to say hello to him, he held up the soundtrack to SW and said, "Even,,,'Member??? Star Wars??" I looked at him with question marks all over my face and said "Whaaaaaaat?" and he proceded to tell me all about the movie!! OMG I was TOTALLY hooked!!! At recess we stayed inside and he played the music for me and OMG THEN showed me the pictures from the LP, and I was gone!!! HOOK LINE AND SINKER!!! We wrote notes to eachother all through class, and I went over to his house after school and he showed me some other comics and pictures he had and OMG I was enchanted!! I ran home and ran circles around my mom and BEGGED BEGGED BEGGED to go see it. My parents thought I was too young to see it but by June when school was out I was able to cry and beg and plead and be the best darn brat my parents had ever seen so my dad finally took me to see it, and when "STAR WARS" came on the screen my jaw fell to the floor and broke ina million peices!!! You can barely see the scars where they opreated to fix it!!! And when R2 and C-3PO came on screen I knew then that I would marry this movie!!!!

9. krazysloth37

krazysloth37 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2007
    Name: Andrea
    SW Related Interests: the original trilogy is my main focus
    Non-SW Related Interests: art, screenwriting, every genre of movie, reading, music...alot of other stuff, I dont really care to list it all.
    How did you get started on SW: My friend Liana got me obsessed with the wonderful world of Star Wars in my freshman year of highschool, and then we spent the majority of our time running around playing Star Wars or just sitting around watching Star Wars.

10. SW_Fan_5-25-71

SW_Fan_5-25-71 Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2007
    Name: Michael

SW Related Interests: I love to watch the movies any chance I get. Huge fan of the soundtracks. I have also read several of the novels, and played several of the video games, with the Dark Forces series and Knights of the Old Republic being my favorites. I also love the original arcade game, as well as the relatively recent Star Wars Trilogy arcade game. I used to play the West End Games version of the role playing game fairly regularly.

Non-SW Related Interests: Surprisingly similar to my SW Related interests. I love to see movies, read novels (mostly fantasy when I am not reading a SW novel), collect comic books (mostly Marvel and DC books), listen to music (love many different genres, but recently I mostly collect movie scores), and play video games.

How I got into SW: My parents took me to the original Star Wars soon after it was released, and I have loved it ever since.

11. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    Name: Eva

12. tacblue

tacblue Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005

Greetings,

Name: Keita
    SW Related Interests: Hmmm... Er, everything? Just about anyway. In particular, all things Imperial! Also, most anything tangible (i.e. 3-dimensional stuff, be it figures, costumes, models, etc.-as opposed to things like posters, books, etc.) Also the music!
    Non-SW Related Interests: Reading, writing, painting, tabletop wargaming, shooting, Kendo, playing the violin, working out, classical music, dramatic soundtracks, zombie stuff, and H.P.Lovecraft's works. Probably a dozen other things, but I guess I've bored you enough for now.
    How I got Started in SW: Hard to remember that far back, but my mother took me to see it when it first came out. I was three, so I don't remember much, but apparently it had quite an effect on me. Ever since then, it's been a part of my life, whether it be playing in the (Hoth)snow in Georgia in the 80's, starting up a new collection of figures when they were released in the 90's, or finally building a stormtrooper suit in the present day. I guess it's been the one love that has always remained constant throughout my 32 years on this rock.
    Hopefully I haven't gone on for too long... I look forward to meeting all of you, and hopefully making a whole new circle of friends!
    Best Regards,
    Keita

13. badtz313

badtz313 Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2007
    Name: Elaine
    SW Related Interests: Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader. Padme is cool too =)
    Non-SW Related Interests: Wasting time on the computer, reading, collecting urban vinyl, traveling, taiwanese/korean/japanese dramas, Badtz Maru.
    How did you get started on SW: When I first saw Episode I in 4th grade, I instantly fell in love with Anakin Skywalker. I only love the first three Episodes, because I'm lame and I thought they were good.

14. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Hi, Elaine! 'Hope you can make the next meeting, scheduled for Oct. 20. :D

15. swgurusgirl

swgurusgirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Aug 22, 2007

Name:Jessica
    SW Related Interests: I <3 Yoda!
    Non-SW Related Interests: I love baseball, football, I'm in college for speech therapy and i LOVE kids!
    How did you get started on SW: I had 7 uncles and my dad... I watched it when i was a kid and NOW I AM AN ADDICT:) I was one of those girls sitting in line for I II and III with my light saber for HOURS and playing with other SW friends:). But V is my favorite

I actually started here on the JCC my boyfriend got me on there... But I would like to know some people in my area

16. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey Jessica Welcome to SFFF - you know Tony!?! (SWguru2004!) Is he still down in Southern California? We'd love to meet you :) Feel free to come out to one of our monthly meetings in San Francisco if you can. Our next one is on October 20th - probably at 1:00 at the Metreon. Some of us may get together tomorrow night at the metreon too at the Playstation store if you want to venture out to that!

17. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Hi Kathy! Yes I am still in San Diego. I successfully convinced Jess here to join the JC/FF.

18. LadyGuru2005

LadyGuru2005 Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2007
    Yup Swg is my boyfriend and he is in socal... I am hoping to convince him to come here... Thanks for the welcome... I dont think I will be able to make it this month but I would love to meet you next month! Let me know! BTW this is my sock because I was gamebanned

19. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh no! You already have to use a sock - LOL. I think we'll pretend you didn't announce that ;) Well, swgurusgirl - if you can't make it to the October meeting maybe another meeting or event. Just keep an eye on our message boards, as this is usually the first place we talk about where we'll be meeting up. Movies, events - whatever!

*Waves to Tony too* You guys seriously need to live closer to one another! But I'm sure SD would miss ya if you moved.

20. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hi Jess! Be good. ;)

Kathy, get this woman into a costume. NOW. :p

21. swgurusgirl

swgurusgirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Aug 22, 2007
    Haha O YES!! Costumes all around for me;) Get me into a Slave Leia outfit[face_blush]

22. jschlosser

jschlosser Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2007
    Hi,

New member here.. so let me introduce myself:

Name: John Schlosser, but everyone calls me Schloss or Schlosser
    SW Related Interests: Member and officer of the Golden Gate Garrison of the 501st
    Non-SW Related Interests: being married with a beautiful 15 month old daughter. Tennis, hiking, biking, kickboxing or anything else to get outside and be active.
    How did you get started on SW: loved it as a kid and have always been "in" to it.. didn't go off the deep end until I got my bikerscout costume after thee 05 Comic Con.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Schlosser

23. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Name: Dan
    Location: San Luis Obispo, CA....Moving to Mountain view in June
    SW Related Interests:Costuming, gaming and action figures
    Non-SW Related Interests: Bike racing, Rock climbing, building things( im an engineer after all)
    How did you get started on SW: Have been a fan as long as i can remember, but really got into it when i joined the San Diego Fan force in high school and was very active there for several years.

24. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Welcome, "Dan #2"!

25. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Looking at your profile, i realized we've met several times at Comic Con lol. Thanks for the welcome!

http://photos.signonsandiego.com/gallery1.5/Comic-Con-04/DSC_3743 (green pilot)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.