main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF Members check in here!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K4-713

K4-713 Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2008
    Name: K4. ...seriously, most people around here actually call me K4.
    SW Related Interests: ...uh, this was me: http://www.katiehorn.com/starwars/XwingCar/Red502.jpg
    I no longer own the car, though I do want to do something with the one I've got now.
    Mostly, I like running around in costumed groups, mostly from the OT, and would gladly trade at least one of the prequils for more Clone Wars cartoons from the Samurai Jack guys.

Non-SW Related Interests: Nintendo, bands most people have never heard of, solving problems with computers.
    How did you get started on SW: Aw, geeze... I don't remember a time it wasn't in my life. But I realized just how in to it I was, when I spotted the first Zahn novel in a bookstore and blew my top. Was that 1993?

Anyway: Hi guys! I just moved to the area. :)

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Welcome, K-4! Do you still have the pilot costume? Welcome to the Bay Area!

3. K4-713

K4-713 Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2008
    Hi, and Thanks!
    Yup, I still have the pilot outfit, though I never did finish my custom helmet (as opposed to the Don Post I carted around for YEARS). Something else to add to the To Do stack. :)
    I also have a greenish Jedi outfit, mostly because my last name actually is Horn, and I thought it was funny.

Okay, back to lurking.
    *lurks*

4. PIXELPUNK10010

PIXELPUNK10010 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    Name: Steve
    SW Related Interests: I love costuming, especially building lightsabers. I am a member of the Rebel Legion Endor base. Im currently getting started on an R2 unit as a new member of the R2 Builders.
    Non-SW Related Interests: I love photography and web stuff (I used to be a web developer professionally). Im a big X-Box 360 fan, paint baller and player/GM of RPG's (SW D20 or any Palladium Books title). My geek profile is pretty much complete. If only I were a trekky too... I love sunset walks on the beach, cuddling up with a good book by the fire...
    How did you get started on SW: I saw A New Hope when I was 4! I loved it and started playing with the action figures as soon as I could get my mom to buy them for me.

I must also confess that I love the prequels, even if Jar Jar Binks is a scourge to the franchise.

5. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Hi, Steve. It was nice talking to you at the Easter service this morning. :)

6. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    Hey I would love to be a member of SF fanforce. I just moved here and would like make some RL friends who love SW as much as me and to wait in line with for the upcoming new movie. I play SWG on the bria server in case any of you guys play.

7. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    woops, didn't know there was a format to this, so here's the real one.

Name: Thomas

Age: 26, but I have the maturity of a 35 year old... It's not the years, its the mileage.

SW Related Interests: Playing Star Wars Galaxies on the Bria server (IGN nebulwerfer), and listening to all the SW podcasts I can find.
    reading some of the novels, but not the NJO, or any of that far out stuff, very much looking forward to reading The
    Force Unleashed.

Non-SW Related Interests: shopping downtown, biking, working out at the gym and snowboarding.

How did you get started on SW: In 1985 my dad rented a "VCR" and through this mechanical wonder I was able to watch this totally awsome
    movie called "The Empire Strikes Back" as a 4 year old I pretty much didnt understand a thing that was
    going on in the movie, but I was instantly hooked. Unfortunately those were the "dark times" and I remember
    searching garage sales for the toys, and anything else on store shelves that didn't sell. Then some time
    in the early 90's I remember seeing Star wars: A new hope nintendo game... and then a new novel by zahn...
    and the eventual return to star was goodness

8. JediKnight-Cicero

JediKnight-Cicero Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2008
    Name: Jezus Cicero (Call me Cicero)
    SW Related Interests: Video Games, Comics, Movies, Books, Costumes(Havent tried making any but if anyone has tips I am a really good listener :) )
    Non-SW Related Interests: Tv, Movies, Trying new Foods, Yoga, My Daughter, Friesbee, Just hanging out and making new friends. If anyone in the Area wants to get together and go to the movies or just get a cup of Coffee and talk about Star Wars or anything, message me :)
    How did you get started on SW: When I was 6 I was in a bad home with a bad step mother, so I would watch Star Wars to kind of Dream up a new reality for myself. Ever since its made me happy and brought me some great ideas. Thank you Lucas :)

Btw I was MasterJedi_BaelVer but I thought I would redo everything and be more detailed on my answers :) Message me if you wish to learn more.

9. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    Well I guess I should post in this thread. :p

Name: ...guess.

Location: Hmmm...I'm sort of a hobo right now, dividing my time between Albany, San Fran, Daly City, and Fairfield (Solano County)

SW Related Interests: I LIKE DESE MOVIES

Non-SW Related Interests: Television and Filmmaking -- all aspects, computer generated effects, editing, cinematography, sound, lighting, costuming, props, acting, just no directing or writing...too much work for this lazy bum. Currently at SFSU pursuing a BA.

How did you get started on SW: Over at a friend's house when I was 7 or so, interestingly enough the first two I watched were ESB (My friend was convinced the Taun-tauns were Llamas) and The Ewok Adventure spin-off. I didn't watch the trilogy for ages until one day we saw them in class, and I thought to myself, hey, I saw these ages ago! That evening I went to the toy store and bought a Han Solo in carbonite action figure.
    Now that I've taken more of an interest in filmmaking, I see star wars in a different light, fascinated by the dazzling effects and intricate costumes.

10. jMfL4sH

jMfL4sH Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2008
    Name: Greg
    SW Related Interests: I'm a huge fan of the movies going to every midnight premiere. I also read all the novels and comics trying to keep myself updated on the Expanded Universe. I would love to dress up but sadly, no costume yet since I love the Empire and most armors are expensive :) I was also the manager of the Star Wars exhibit in Boston and actually got to meet George and show him around the exhibit. I can show you the hand that he touched. Hahaha
    Non-SW Related Interests: I love cars, movies, tv and wandering around the city. I also love to read
    HOw did you get started on SW: I can't remember a time I didn't like star wars. Whenever I have a bad day at work or in life, I just put in one of the original trilogy and I feel much better

I actually just moved here from Boston and looking to meet new people. I feel like meeting Star Wars fans would be the best bet for me!

11. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Welcome Greg. I have family in Boston and actually went to that exhibit at the Museum of Science. Boston in some ways is similar to SF so hopefully you will soon feel right at home. We even have the same subway cars.

12. jMfL4sH

jMfL4sH Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2008
    I find SF to be a lot like Boston. And if you went to the Star Wars exhibit, I hope you liked it. We worked hard on it. So when do you have meetings? I would love to come and meet people that share the same passion that I do

13. ArindianSolo

ArindianSolo Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2007
    Name: Arin
    SW Related Interests: I'm a big fan of the NJO+ era and anything remotely related to Mandalorians. building a set of steel beskar'gam (mandalorian armor for those of us that don't know any Mando'a) :p also, if there is a star wars video game out there, i've probably owned it at some point
    Non-SW Related Interests: the rest of my life is pretty heavily dedicated to cars/motorcycles and guns. I prefer American Musclecars to anything else, and my bike is an 80s japanese bike being rebuilt as an old school bobber style. im also a student at the Academy of Art in SF for automotive design.
    How did you get started on SW: my cousin was around for the original trilogy and helped me get into it more than i might have otherwise when "the special editions" came out. a few years before that though, i had seen ROTJ on TV somewhere, and for many years until TSE came out, i would play with a flashlight and pretend to be luke skywalker despite having no idea about anything star wars related at all XD

Its stuck with me ever since and it ain't going away anytime soon. Star wars has been the cause of alot of the things ive done in my life and its defintely helped me become the person i am today, and thats why i proudl show off the rebel crest thats inked into my right shoulder every chance i get lol

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Welcome, Arin!

Be sure to keep an eye out on the boards for our next meeting in January.

:)

15. ArindianSolo

ArindianSolo Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2007
    meetings? cool!

what do the meetings entail and where do we meet? Sorry i'm asking things that are common knowledge, but im a total newb here :p

thanks for the welcome!

16. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Hey all

I've met and hung out a great deal with you in the past. The long and the short of it is I'm living closer to your guy's neck of the woods and with the schedule and responsibilites I now have it will be much more condusive to roll SF Style ( I'll always be a SVRF Rogue but getting up there is a lot harder these days but I will always try my best to do) I will be at Super-Con this upcoming weekend and look forward to seeing you guys as well as meeting your newer members.

17. JediMasterAolaTualin

JediMasterAolaTualin Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2009
    Name: Sabina (I cosplay a char I created named Aola'tualin.)
    SW Related Interests: I do costume recreations and used to work in Tomorrowland at Disneyland. For a while I just worked at the booth where they superimposed your face into a SW scene in the Star Trader, but for a few months I worked as a character at the Jedi Training Academy.
    Non-SW Related Interests: I'm a makeup artist and a ferret enthusiast. I also like to camp out for a day at comic book movies for the premier, just to watch it and point out what was wrong.
    How did you get started on SW: When I was 3, I had a stuffed Chewy and some Millennium Falcon sheets.

18. AolaTualin

AolaTualin Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2009
    ignore this message plox

19. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Mando'a eh?... Nice... Kote An!

Lou! I think you've met your match... lol

edit: I just notice the date on that post... lol ah well.

20. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Oakland eh? I know how you feel... Well not exactly cos I'm in Piedmont... but yeah Oakland's like Mos Eisely (hive of scum etc etc) but not as interesting. lol Welcome to our corner of the galaxy here though. :)

21. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Okay for the EU impaired. Green is the color worn by Corsec (The Corellian Security Force) AND Corellian Jedi Knights.... Corran Horn is a human make from Corellia who first appears in the novel X-wing Rogue Squadron and a surviving member of a Jedi lineage that was hidden even from himself. He become a great pilot in Rogue Squadron AND he later becomes a Jedi Knight. He's actually my favorite EU character.

Oh and the Thrawn Trilogy came out in 1991. Although I didn't read it till 1994 when I rediscovered the Force (found Star Wars again).

Damn I should really keep an eye on this section of the boards more...:oops:

22. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Upping to prevent re-locking

23. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    The last time we use this was 06/22/09... So it shouldn't have locked cos they are even longer periods of inactivity here that didn't lock. It was definitely related to that idiotic incident a couple weeks back with the spamming...

24. krissy1kenobi

krissy1kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2010
    Name: Kristen
    SW Related Interests: I love everything Star Wars, Luke Skywalker is, was and always will be my hero!
    Non-SW Related Interests: I like movies, writing, baseball and ice hockey, and cooking
    How did you get started on SW: I had a horrible VHS copy of Star Wars from since I don't know how long ago, but the sad thing is, I saw ROTJ FIRST so I already knew Vader was Luke's father. I always wonder what kind of surprise that would have been if I'd seen them in order. I have quoted Star Wars lines since I was a kid and I'm proud of that fact ;)

25. Handmaiden_Abri

Handmaiden_Abri Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2010
    Hey everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.