main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF Monthly Meeting - Saturday April 28th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by kay_dee, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Well, so far it isn't looking good for what I was trying to schedule. I'll try once more, but if they are not returning my calls it is because they don't want to help us out.

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hmmm should your contact fail Kat. We can try mine but needless to day, it will be AFTER April. lol

3. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I meant to say "needless to say..." lol ^^^^^^^^ Posted at 11:38! haha

4. Red_Mandalorian7887

Red_Mandalorian7887 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2007
    Are the monthly meetings always on weekends?? I understand that most people are off on Sat-Sun, and I realize Im not an official member, (although I would like to be someday!) So its not like Im expecting everyone to re-arrange just for me. But weekends are the worst time for me as I work in retail,,,working weekends are a must. Maybe if the meetings are schedualed later in the day, as suggested, then I could maybe get off work early, to be able to go!!

5. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Red_M - I don't know if Matt will every schedule a meeting really late in the day on a weekend. But keep an eye out for our other events. With the summer movies coming out, you could always meet up with us at a group movie night or something. That's often been a way for members who can't attend the meetings on the weekends to at least meet and hang out with the fan force at an 'event'.

6. Red_Mandalorian7887

Red_Mandalorian7887 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2007
    OK, well I can do that! And hopefully as the weather warms up and things get even busier at work, then the money situation will get better, then if I had enough notice, I could take a Sat off here and there with any luck! :)

7. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    How about Friday night (this Friday)? And we can see Meet The Robinsons at the IMAX. I want to go Friday anyhow, if anyone wants to go.

8. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Don't wanna see it and can't make the night.

9. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I will go with you Lou. The movie looks funny. It would just need to be a show 7:30 or later (don't know what the showtimes are).

10. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999

Technically, if we held it this Friday, we'd be having the April meeting in March.

11. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Besides spending $15 for yet another CGI animated film. If it was Miyazaki's newest film in IMAX, no problem.

12. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    I was just talking about going to the movie. I'll probably go see it myself at some point.

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yes, let's have April's meeting in March. Brilliant! They'll never see it coming!

14. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    so the meeting is tomorrow - what time? I get off work at 5pm and walk to the metreon.

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    NO APRIL MEETING TOMORROW! IT'S STILL MARCH! :oops:

Everyone, please join the Yahoo groups for reminders on meetings, events, etc.

16. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    See... they never saw it coming. ;)

17. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Sorry for not giving my feedback earlier, but I've had a bunch of other stuff I've been trying to take care of first.

It looks like the last weekend of April (28th) is probably the best for me. (Or maybe it's just so far out that nothing has shown up on my radar yet.)

18. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Ack. And it turns out there's a possibility I may have a comittment on the last weekend of April, too. We're in the planning stages for a lab picnic, and this is one of the weekends under consideration. First weekend is definitely out for me. Second, third and last are up in the air. *shrug*

19. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Sooooo.... when?

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, it looks like our meeting is set for SAT. APRIL 28. Whether it's at Metreon or the Presidio will be determined during the month. Stay tuned here and on the Yahoo groups. ;)

21. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Matt, Should I post our meeting dates and times on the MySpace page and send out MySpace event invites? This may rally more troops for our cause.

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Good idea, Lou.

23. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I'll say it again... I'm not all too uppity about recuitment and all that stuff. I actually like a trackable steady state of growth. That is all.

24. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    So are we sticking with noon or did we decide to have it later in the day?

25. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I say 1pm. I'll be there at 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.