main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF November Meeting Summary (Cozy up for this one!)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Nov 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey all,
    I will now update everyone who couldn't make it to the meeting to the best of my ability. If I forgot anything please post what I omited.

1) First off our club name was unanimously decided on to remain San Francisco Fan Force. No flashyness for us, we're just that damn good. This was also decided since it was Chanel's choice to keep it simple. SFFF rulez!!! ;)

2) Club logo was discussed since thus far there only 1 logo submission we also figured that with any logo we will memorialize Chanel somewhere on it since she was one of the founding members of this Fan Force chapter. I have already modified the one I made to say "In loving memory of Geb" in Aurabesh on the top and San Francisco Fan Force on the bottom. Any other submissions should have something similiar. Also we will have to vote on a logo eventually so once the rules are formalized concerning the voting and procedures then we'll have our clubs in full swing. Also we discussed having membership cards once your identity has been confirmed and people will agree to follow the general TFN TOS and any other club rules we may impliment for the security of everyone fairly. I will draft up something soon and run it by the other council folks soon. :)

3) City Rep (CR) and SFFF Council Members. Once again once we formalized voting procedures and Identity checks we'll be voting for our club representation and council. Alex was dropped off the nomination list due to his leadership if the Black Fleet Club. This now leaves up with a good scenario actually since we have four nominees total. What I propose is that out of the four currently nominated Matt, Robert, Erick and myself. We take a vote on out of the four of who'd be good as the CR of SFFF. Leaving the three remaining as the council for our club. As our club grows we will then eventually have 5 seats on the council then 7, 9, etc... For now we will have our nice number of 3 just like the OG Trilogy. Until voting procedures are completed as the same with the issue with the logo we will have a vote in Janurary's meeting for CR of our sector of space. It was decided the term limits will be one year and renewable if everyone is happy with the leadership and thus we have no dictatorships. No recall elections either! lol

4) Birthdays, Chanel was really into celebrating birthdays so we are definetly going to continue the tradition of have a b-day celebrations each month for the respective b-days of club members who are active and who's birthdays fall into the month of the meeting we currently are in. Thus we shall have cake and cards and perhaps even gifts. Umm... in this case, we need to start compiling a list of b-days and keep it on our calander. I recall there was an old list earlier a few months ago so any new folks feel free to report your b-days to myself and I will start to compile a master list of the day you were hatched, I mean... born. hehe... :p

5) The Coronet Theater Closing SW Event, we are hoping to get the Coronet to play all 5 SW movies before the place goes down sometime between Feb-March. Hopefully by the end of the week I have some working idea of if this will be brought into reality, if I have no reported by this time next saturday please give me a reminder but last I heard from AJ he seemed optimistic. It was just a matter of when and other logistics when the time comes we will need to prepare for this and muster with everything we got. The theater seat appox. 1200 and if the last movies it will ever show are all SWs then I say it's a good way to end. Hell I don't care if we show it in the parking lot along the side of the building and have a night time marathon. By the Force we will see this done!

6) A gather of all the major and minor Star Wars groups and clubs in California (and maybe beyond!). In the wake of tragedy some good has come out of this. Chanel for this very reason is a hero in the very end. I have been talking to many leaders of virtually every major and minor club in California and especially the Bay Area stemming from the 501st, Rebel Legion, other Fa

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    That may have been one of your shortest posts, Ming. Chanel would be so proud!

3. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    It's not my fault!

4. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Ah... ok I got it. I break up all these topics into individual threads. Though keep in mind that this over all thread was a summary of what we discussed. So ok I'll make it like Kill Bill and have multiple volumes if it's too long. lol ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.