main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF PLANET HOODIES

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Some people have asked me before about these after seeing them, so I'd like to explain a little about them. When the SFFF first started, I came up with the idea of having each member have a hooded sweatshirt that had the name of a Star Wars planet on it. It would make our club unique among other clubs in that no one else ws doing it at the time (and to my knowledge, still isn't), and it's very "only in San Francisco". Each hoodie would have a two-color scheme that had something to do with that planet. For instance, mine is "Tatooine": sand-colored hoodie w/ brown letters (like the landscape); Chanel's is "Naboo": yellow hoodie w/grey letters (like their starfighters); Anne B's is "Alderaan": white w/grey (like Leia's dress). Get the idea?

Each member is to have ONE planet, and NO planet or color scheme will be repeated, so each one is truly unique! The planet you choose doesn't have to be a planet seen in the movies. It could be something mentioned in the films or books, and even the Expanded Universe or cartoons. Here's who has what so far:

TATOOINE - Matt
    NABOO - Chanel
    HOTH - Dale
    ENDOR - Angelica
    CORELLIA - Ming
    KORRIBAN - Robert
    ALDERAAN - Anne B.
    IRIDONIA - Jennifer M.
    CORUSCANT - Mike M.
    KASHYYYK - Rachel
    KAMINO - Casey
    ORD MANTELL - Brittany
    DANTOOINE - Dan
    MUSTAFAR - Erick

Here are some planets off the top of my head that haven't been taken yet:

YAVIN 4
    BESPIN
    DAGOBAH
    KESSEL
    GEONOSIS
    DEATH STAR
    DEATH STAR II
    UTAPAU
    CATO NIEMODIA
    FELUCIA
    MYGEETO
    MUUNULIST
    ILUM
    ANSION
    SUB TERREL
    SULLUST

You can order one if: you post pretty often, go to meetings/events, etc. I don't really want to get one made for someone who'll show up or post once, and never come back! You have to EARN it! ;) I think they're unique, stand out, and are perfect for our SF weather! If you're interested, they are $60 each, including cost of the hoodie, hand-stitching, and shipping. If more than one person wants a certain planet, it's basically whoever gets me the money first! If you have any questions on what colors are available, ask me.

2. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    OK, I decided to send you paypal payment Matt so hopefully I have dibs on Yavin 4 :)

Questions:

a) Is this made locally? Would I be able to be in touch with the maker of the item?

b) For someone like me who sews I kind of feel like if I had the resources I could make this myself. Is that a possibility if this is in fact a hand made item?

c) Do you get to choose your color scheme to go with your planet?

d) It kind of sucks that the good Leia/Padme planets are taken ;) C'est la vie. At least Yavin 4 is where the ceremony took place at the end of ANH (fits my two Leia costumes).

- kay dee

3. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    I doubt anyone else would take this one.
    I have dibbs on Concord Dawn.

Matt, is Dark Blue/Silver letters taken? (Jango's Armor)

4. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    :cool: dude! i totally wanted camino, but changed my mind to dagobah i thought someone else had taken it already. plus with my brand new green eyes it would match! LOL.

so any ideas on the color scheme for dagobah that goes with green? brown and green, i guess, but that is kind of too neutral...

5. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Dagobah is cool - I was also considering that with the brown/green colors (swampy colors - lol!)

I was thinking that Yavin 4 would have to be green. Well, I think of greeen trees & blue sky. Hum, maybe I should have picked a planet that actually had a better color scheme. Not sure I want a bright green sweatshirt!

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/yavin4/img/movie_bg.jpg]

Eh, I'd imagine there is a way to make it work. I'd need to see the exact shades of green or blue that the base sweatshirt is available in so I don't wind up with something so loud I'd never wear it.

Size question Does anyone have a small hoodie they could bring to a future outing/meeting for me to try on? Sizes on these things vary for me and at 60 bucks, I want to make sure it will fit :) Thanks so anyone who has one they can lend me to try on.

- kay dee

6. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Ohhhh I really want one. I'm thorn between Kamino or Death Star. I like the Death Star because I always belong 2 the dark side and Darth Vader Rules! For the hoodie can I choose Black hoodie & Red Letter :p but I also like Kamino, because its a water planet (also my regent element), it have great storms (my nick) & the clones (bad people also belong 2 the dark side :p). Kashira kashira? Which one should I choose? hummm . . . Which one would you guyr recommend?

7. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i call dibs on "Bespin". Darn I wanted Kamino too bc Kamino is such a mysterious and cool planet. i'll give the cash to u (matt) at SR screening.

8. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Arashi, Kamino is already taken by someone (it was made for Casey). So I guess it's the Death Star for you :)That's a man made mood that makes a statement!

- kay dee

9. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    ok i made up my mind about dagobah. i'd like to place an order but dunno what size until i try them on:

http://liberty.warp1.net/unsorted/dagobah.jpg:D

matt, may i place an order for a dagobah hoodie in dark green please with white lettering?

10. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    If I remember correctly, my sis has the color scheme of black(hoodie) and red (lettering). but maybe gray hoodie and black lettering would work for the death star.

11. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Or black hoodie with pale gray lettering? (If she really wanted black)

Hopefully if Sharon is getting dark green and I also want dark green, I can get pale blue lettering or pale green lettering to make mine slightly different yet appropriate for Yavin 4? (I'm not gonna wear bright kelly green like the trees in the photo)

I do need to see color options that the sweatshirts are available in though before I set this in stone :)

12. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    what colors would look good on a hoodie for Bespin? i don't want a "fruity" color like pink and orange hehehehe [face_blush]

13. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    last minute change..i'll take "Ilum" the snow covered planet where the Jedis collect the crystals to make lightsabers. also known as the planet where padme had the "snow bunny outfit". now to decide what color...

14. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Snow = white. LOL! You probably would need to find out what the Hoth hoodie colors are (I think I've seen Dale's - wasn't it pale blue?). Maybe the sweatshirts come in various shades of pale blue so if you wanted blue it wouldn't be an exact match of his. Or blue with different lettering color than his?

- kay dee

15. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    i was thinking white hoodie with light blue (not quite baby blue) lettering. a full baby blue hoodie would look to feminine hehehe. darn looks like i'll have to choose another planet!! [face_peace]

16. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Ok Death Star it is :). Color: Hoodie Black and letter: ??? so red is take it right? wut bout white, orange or another color relate with the dark side :)

17. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    i was lookin at the starwars databank online and saw that the caves of ilum are dark blue with colors of the crystals used for lightsabers. maybe blue hoodie on lime green would work?

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Whoa! Whoa! Can we say bombarded with questions?! My fault. To answer some:

"Made locally?" No. The company is based in NY.

"Anyone have a Small?" Yes. Brittany has one. Erick has a Medium.

Here are the colors of the HOODIES available:

Black
    Burgundy
    Columbia Blue
    Heather Grey
    Hunter Green
    Navy
    Orange
    Red
    Royal Blue
    White

Here are the colors of the LETTERS available:

Baby Blue
    Black
    Brown
    Green
    Gold
    Grey
    Navy
    Orange
    Pink
    Purple
    Red
    Royal Blue
    Shiny Gold
    Shiny Silver
    Teal
    White

I should've posted the colors used w/ the hoodies so here goes, with hoodie color, followed by the letter color (NOTE: some of the hoody colors listed below are no longer available):

TATOOINE - sand/brown (the landscape)
    NABOO - gold(yellow)/grey (the Naboo starfighter)
    ENDOR - heather green/brown (the landscape)
    HOTH - white/baby blue (the landscape)
    CORELLIA - navy/red (Han's Corellian pants in ANH)
    KORRIBAN - black/baby blue (a Sith-related planet=Sith lightning)
    ALDERAAN - white/grey (Leia's dresses in ANH)
    IRIDONIA - black/red (Darth Maul's home planet)
    CORUSCANT - black/gold (the planet at night)
    KASHYYYK - brown/green (Wookiees & trees)
    ORD MANTELL - navy/grey
    KAMINO - indigo blue/grey (Jango's/Kaminoan's colors)
    DANTOOINE - dk. green/baby blue
    MUSTAFAR - heather grey/orange (ash & lava)

Here's a size chart:

SMALL - length (from shoulder to bottom): 25"
    - sleeve (from armpit to end of cuff): 22"
    - chest (under armpit, around chest & back): 39"
    - shoulder (shoulder to shoulder): 20"

MEDIUM - length: 27.5"
    - sleeve: 23"
    - chest: 43"
    - shoulder: 22.5"

LARGE - length: 29.5"
    - sleeve: 24.5"
    - chest: 46"
    - shoulder: 24.5"

X-LARGE - length: 31"
    - sleeve: 26"
    - chest: 51"
    - shoulder: 25.5"

Here are some ideas I had for some planets:

BESPIN - orange/baby blue or white (the sunset & sky/buildings of Cloud City)
    DAGOBAH - hunter green/grey (swamps & fog)
    YAVIN 4 - hunter green/red or orange (trees of the moon/Bespin is a red planet)
    DEATH STAR I & II - heather grey/black
    GEONOSIS - orange/brown (the sunset/rocks of the planet)
    KESSEL - heather grey/white (salt mines on the planet)
    FELUCIA - orange/teal (the flowers seen in ROTS)
    SULLUST - red/black (Nien Numb's costume in ROTJ)
    CONCORD DAWN - hunter green/grey (Boba Fett's costume)
    ILUM - white/navy (another snow planet)
    MUUNULIST - hunter green/gold or silver (home of the Banking Clan)

Whew! Hope this helps! [face_beatup]

19. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks Matt. Yes, that helps :) Just a few more questions if you please [face_praying] :)

- For instance, are the sweatshirts a certain brand (line Hanes) where I can go online and actually see what the Hunter Green is like? (Sorry to be a pain, I'm picky on color combinations)

- Will there be a way to see a sample of the lettering color against our sweatshirt? For example, if the gray is too dark it won't stand out against dark green very well (not enough contrast).

- I noticed some older sweatshirts were tan/brown. Is that color no longer available?

Um, I actually wouldn't want orange or red on my green sweatshirt. Too loud and christmasy. I'd say light blue letters, but Rachel already has that (unless her sweatshirt is not Hunter Green. Then I'd want that combo). I'd perhaps do gray if Sharon wanted white. Gray like the buildings in the midst of the forest.

- kay dee

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I understand your concern Kathy. Two or more people can have the same color hoodie, as long as the letters are different colors. :) As for the Hunter Green, it's basically the color of those trees in the screencap you posted.

EDIT: It's the same color as Angelica's below:

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/IMG_0032.jpg]

21. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Sorry, I edited my post above to be more concise. So, if you've got a place I can see the colors that would be best. (like, where are you seeing the colors?) For example, most hunter green sweatshirts I see online are this color:

[image=http://gospelpublishing.com/store/images/items/081378L.gif]

That color is OK. But if it is bright green like this sweatshirt

[image=http://fullmoonfamily.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/KIDH2G_lg.jpg]I may not want that.

Edit

Thanks for the photo Matt. Oh heck, now I'm trying to decide if maybe it would be cuter to do Bespin in a heather gray with pink lettering? (Are you just about ready to kill me tonight?)

- kay dee

22. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I guess I better get dibs on Bespin while I still can. I think the lot of you are nuts for not choosing it! More power to the planets you like tho. I want Bespin! I should be able to get it in July or so. I know the money rule applies, but I'll do my best to get Bespin before anybody else does!

23. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    bespin is urs my friend. i'll take ilum, the planet where lightsaber crystals come from, and the debut of snow bunny padme! :cool:

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    On a related note, Sideshow Collectibles is releasing a 12" Snow Bunny Padme that looks like Natalie Portman! =P~

25. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    is it a comic con exclusive? where's the link matt. i'm gonna preorder it now :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.