main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF SWEATSHIRTS

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Dec 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Here are some planets in Novels and EU people may take an interest for:

BAKURA (A planet in the outer rim occupied by the Empire who were invaded by the Ssi Ruuk (A warm-blooded saurian species) with special drone fighters that run life enegy captured from slaves and prisoners. Main exports are nama fruit and repulsor technology. It's also the first planet in Galactic history where the Rebel Alliance and Empire joined forced against a common foe.)

SSI RUUK (The home world of the Ssi Ruuk, the believe if the off there homeworld their souls would be eternally lost in space and thus they use drone fighters for their dirty work or P'weck slaves)

ANOAT (A planet in the outer rim where young Anakin Solo was hidden from the Remenant of the Empire, under the care of Winter, friend and aide to Princess Leia.)

SLUIS VAN (Home of one the primary shipyards of the New Republic fleet.)

NKLLON (A planet with a close proximety to it's sun but rich in mineral ore. Lando built a small moving city staying in the shadow of the planet called Nomad City using 40 captured AT ATs.)

OMWATT (Home planet of Qui Xux who's setiments are built in a honeycomb configuration. The spieces inhabiting this planet is highly intelligent but very naive.)

THYFERRA (Galaxy's center of bacta production mainly controlled by two conglomarates thanks to the Empire, Zaltin and Xuchapa)

FONDOR (Home of another set of shipyards of the New Republic formely under Imperial control. Home to the construction of the Super Star Destoryer "Lusankya")

MALASTARE (You forgot this one Matt! Home of the Gran species, Quite and advance spieces, those who commit violence are banish from the homeworld. Also home of podracing and Nexu (that freaky cat/rat creature in the arena scene))

FALLEEN (Prince Xizor's home planet. Male of the species are capable of emitting a pheramone that's very alluring to females.)

CARIDA (The main imperial stormtrooper training facility of the Empire. This planet was destoryed when the sun went nova when Kyp Durron used the Sun Crusher's resonance topedoes in a bungled attempt to rescue his brother from the planet and free him from the Empire.)

CSILLA (An ice planet and home world of the Chiss in the unknown regions.)

ANSION (Here's another one Matt! Obi Wan settled a border dispute here.)

ONDERON (Homeworld of the beast riders of Onderon during the ancient days of the Jedi Order.)

ANDO (Homeworld of the Aquilash species. Ponda Baba aka walrus man in the cantina scene of ANH was an Aquilash)

CAMAAS (Like Alderaan this planet was destroyed due to unnatural causes which is still unclear but Bothans had involvement in disabling the planetary shields that allowed this catastrophe to happen. The Camassi are a peaceful species which have enhanced photographic memories in which memories are passed on to one generation to the next OR certain memories can be passed on to Jedi. Not only the images and memory is passed but also the exact feelings that went along with the moment which can be very traumatic. Therefore pacifism rather than violence is prefered due to the this ability.)

BYSS (Capitol of the cloned Emperor Palpatine in the Deep Core from which 7 years after the events of ROTJ launch a new campaign to destroy the New Republic using newly designed super weapons.)

RODIA (Homeworld of Rodians, Greedo's species. They are known for their hunting and scouting abilities)

RYLOTH (Homewold of Twi'Leks, Oola and Bib Fortuna's species. It's proximety to the sun creates heat storms on the planet's surface in which no creature can survive the intense heat.)

ALZOC III (Home world of the Talz, that big furry white thing in the cantina which a proboscus)

AF'EL (Homeworld of the Defel speices aka "Wraith" who are able to wrap and bend light around them so that the appear as moving shadows.)

CHAK'DOR VII (Homeworld of the Bith, the musician guys in the cantina with the freaky craniums and are known for the musical talents and math skills.)

KUAT (One the the main shipyards of the Empire Kuat Drive Yards (KD

2. TK-855

TK-855 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004

Before you put it on a sweatshirt ... it's DATHOMIR.

And, for the Sith among us*, from Jedi Academy:

Luke: "Kyle, Jaden; you'll be going to VJUN."
    Kyle: "Vjun? Isn't that just a big, dead rock?"
    Luke: "It's also the location of one of my father's strongholds."
    Kyle: "Oooookay, so it's a big, dead, important rock."

Kyle : "Well. This ought to be fun."
    Jaden: "What's so important about KORRIBAN?"
    Kyle : "It's the burial place of a whole bunch of Sith Lords ..."

Bob

*C'mon. You know we're here. Light casts shadows, after all. <evil laugh>

3. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Ah! yes, Vjun from Jedi Academy, Darth Vader's Castle. And Korriban was mentioned earlier. Let's take this a step further then:

KALIDOR (from the game Rebel Assualt, a planet full of crystal mineral formation used for Rebel pilot training, not exactly cannon to the rest of SW due to Rookie One destroying the Death Star but SW related none the less.)

SULON (home planet of Kyle Katarn from Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight)

RORI (In the Naboo system in SW Galaxies, terrian is similiar to Naboo but has no galactic affiliation.)

LOK (Korthokk System. Homebase of the Nym criminical syndicate in SW Galaxies.)

ANOAT (which is a planet along the Ison Coridor mentioned in ESB. There's not much there. There's also always Lando System... haha)

DERRA IV (Site of an Imperial ambush that cause the Rebel Alliance to seek a desperate measure and maintain a base on Hoth)

All the planets in the Corellian System: of course Corellia, Selonia, Talus and Tralus, and Center Point Station which isn't a planet but still important.

Another location could be the Dreighton Nebula which is like the bermuda triangle of the SW universe in Rebel Assualt II. It's known for ships disappearing but once again not completely cannon since Rookie isn't in the cannon SW story line.

4. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    WOW! Thanks for the SW astronomy lesson Ming and Bob. I gotta start reading those EU novels...where should I start?

Also, do any of you know where Mace Windu was born? Just curious...

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    You know I don't recall ever hearing the birth place of Mace Windu... I'll have to look into it. If you just starting out with EU then the Timothy Zahn Trilogy is in the middle of all the main events with Grand Admiral Thrawn and stuff. If you like straight up action and battle tactics and stuff I recommend the X-wing Rogue Squadron series, (Wraith Squadron is okay, but it's fodder compared to the Rogue Squadron novels... ).

The Hand of Thrawn duology is really good too. The Jedi Academy Trilogy novels are ok if you like the whole super weapons thing. NJO starts off slow but when you get to Traitor... oh man. The Force is taken to new levels. I really like I, Jedi because it has a unique perspective since it's written in the first person.

Although if it were me, I'd read everything in chronological order in which I intend to do someday. lol... The only books I'd skip would be the Corellian Trilogy which are kinda boring, Ambush on Corellia, Assualt at Selonia, and Showdown at Centerpoint sound exciting but they absolutely suck rocks.

The Truce at Bakura would be a good one to start with too.

The only area I'm kinda weak in is prequel era novels. I need to get some of them. I may get Rogue Planet soon because of Zonoma Sekot.

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Actually, Mace was born in the DC system (Washington, D.C., that is).

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just to let you guys know: March 27 is THE deadline for me to receive payment from anyone who wants a sweatshirt in time to get them for WonderCon. You can PayPal me or give me the $ at the next meeting, or at the con in Sacramento.

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    OK, Casey has claimed "Kamino".

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Who has one/paid for one, so far: Matt, Chanel, Angelica, Dale, Ming, Alex, Mike, Jennifer, Dan, Rachel, Casey, and Anne2. Remember, deadline for payment is Sat. Mar. 27. to get on in time for the WonderCon group photo at Unity (possibly for sw.com of for the SW Insider?).

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Casey, Rachel, your hoodies are being made as we speak! A little side note: a saw Danny DeVito and singer Thalia wearing our brand of hoodies! Also, I read that more and more celebs like Halle Berry and Beyonce are getting them made! We're the first Star Wars club in the country (as fas as I know) to have these! *pats self on back* SF3 rawks!

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Robert has claimed "Korriban".

12. Kessel Runner

Kessel Runner Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 10, 1999
    I'd just like to say it's great to have a face to attach to all the planets, err, I mean sweatshirts.

It was wonderful meeting all of you, and as a former SF'er, and hopefully future SF'er, I hope all of you can consider me an auxilliary member of your little world.

Now if I could just get the Kessel Sweatshirt away from Cirrocco ;)

13. TK-855

TK-855 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004

Matt:

Still eyeballing Vjun, but an order will wait for the time being - had a chance to score a Don Post TIE helmet.

Bob

14. cirrocco

cirrocco Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Well, it may be out of the ordinary but I think there might be a Bylaw in the Official SFFF Rules that might allow for someone who lives in a significantly distant area to possess a sweatshirt with a repeated planet name. Or, if there isn't, I might ask the Council to consider allowing it.

It might even be wise to consider making this a one-time ruling so as to avoid creating precedence.

For the Council's consideration, allow me to point out that my sweatshirt is brown with red letters outlined in white. On the front it reads Kessel. On the back, however, is something additional, that something being Kenobi, meant to be reminiscent of the "Kenobi-Fett Rumble in the Rain" sweatshirt that I've seen Cabbagestew wear from time to time.

Perhaps the sweatshirt could be a different color, with a different (or completely absent) saying or name on the back. Perhaps Kessel Runner would prefer that his sweatshirt be black or some other significantly different color. This would allow for distinction between us and even allow for recognition BETWEEN us, as we would be recognized as those who have the repeating planets.

What say you, Council? Shall this be allowed? I'm certain that with your wisdom we can reach an agreement that will allow us both to benefit.

15. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    The SVRF is out of our juristication... They can do whatever they want. This council nor I has any power to sweaters... Hell I don't think we even have the power to stop people from getting the same planets in SFFF. Although I dunno what Matt's rules are for this particullar theme of his.

16. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    I think the point is that I'd like to consider myself a part of the SFFF, even though I don't live there currently. I lived there for over 10 years, camped for over a month at the Coronet for TPM, saw the SE's at the Coronet, saw Art of Star Wars at Yerba Buena. lived in Pacific Heights, Richmond, and Sunset districts. I am a dyed in the wool San Franciscan.

I appreciate the kind offer from my Spicy brethren, and hope to don my own version of the sweater with you at future events.

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Dude Ric, as far as I'm concerned you are all honorary SFFF. :)

18. cirrocco

cirrocco Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    ALRIGHT! The Council has no official stand on sweatshirts! ANARCHY!

In addition to Kessel, I think I'll take one for Kamino, too! What the heck, have fun with it: I'll take TWO AT A TIME!

Nabooine! Hothdor! Kaminoscant! Yavinosis! Dagobespin! It's SWEATSHIRT ANARCHY!

Okay, fighting sleep now and it's showing. I'm getting silly. Goodnight!

19. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    ok here's the only rule I think, that the shirts have to be of planets that actually appear on the galactic map that is most up to date. OR is confirmed to exist by yours truely. ;)

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    OK, when I started this idea, I wanted to have each active member have ONE planet, so each new member could choose from a world no one had taken. Also, I'd like as much as possible for each sweatshirt to be unique, by that I mean no two sweatshirts would have the same color combo, so they would stand out more. For example, Hoth and Ilum both are snow planets. Dale's Hoth is white with lt. blue letters. So if someone got Ilum, it might be white with navy letters, or lt. blue with white letters. That's why I was working with the same company, so that the sweatshirts would be high quality and have the same letter style, while at the same time, look different. You know, a sense of "unity". That's what makes our club stand out!

21. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    ok I want in on this too.

Can I get Dathomir (sp?) that sith witch planet. if not I'd take Ord Mandel

22. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    Poolio, I think you look like an Ord Mandell ;)

OK, so if it is Kosher, I'm going Kessel, and on the back, I'll have "Spiceman"

Given my Giants thing, and how Spice in my head has always been orange, I'll go with a black sweatshirt with orange letters.

If that is cool with y'all.

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    The colors I chose for the sweatshirts had something to do with that planet's actual color or landscape. For example, my Tatooine one is sand with brown letters. Alex's Yavin 4 is green (the 4th moon's color)and orange letters (the planet's color). Since so many planets have green in them, and they aren't many shades of green sweatshirts out there, I've had to make certain exceptions. For example, Chanel's Naboo sweatshirt (which is officially "retired") is yellow with silver, to match their starfighters. As for Deadpool, I think Ric should make the "Giants Fett" mandolorian costume we talked about! BTY, isn't Kessel mostly a salt planet, which would be grey w/ white?

24. Kessel Runner

Apr 10, 1999
    I've never looked into the color of Kessel. But I've always taken the spice to be sort of an orangy-red. Akin to the colors of the lettering in cirrocco's sweatshirt.

I have to say I was slightly confused by that last post since my real name is Ric, and I didn't recall ever talking about a Giants Fett costume ;)

25. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Poolio, I think you look like an Ord Mandell

Oh sure a guy has a little junk in the trunk so you want to stick him with a "junk" planet. I see how it is.

Tee hee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.