main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF Table for WonderCon

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Feb 11, 2010.

?

SFFF Table for WonderCon

Poll closed Feb 17, 2010.
  1. Yes, we need to recruit!

69.2%
  2. No, its too much work!

30.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'd be happy to lend a hand at putting things together for this. Just let me know what I can do!

2. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    funny! i thought i was dressed "star wars-ish" [face_blush]
    i do LOVE that the club doesn't discriminate against non-costumers.
    there are some of us fans who appreciate the costumes but don't partake
    it's all fun in any angle :)

3. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Perhaps we can discuss this at the meeting, but I think it would be a wise idea to at least have a table sign-up schedule posted here in the forums and tracked/edited by Rachel as people sign up. Again, no pressure to have to fill every single shift since this has caused problems for our group in the past, but we should have an idea of when people do plan to be there. The table should be manned for some portion of the convention. Dale's idea of some sort of sign that reads 'we will return at ---------------' could be good. Rather than invest in a dry erase board, I could print up signs, they can be stacked into one of our plexi frames, and we can pull a new one out and write in the new return time.

The con schedule should be out in a few weeks so that will help for those who have panels that are a priority.

Matt - could you take an inventory of your plexi holders, etc to give to us before we have our meeting on Sunday so we can figure out if we need to make any kind of shopping list for our table?

4. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I think instead of doing formal shifts, we should have everyone list what days they are going to be at the con, since I know everyone's schedule is limited this year. Then I'm going to ask that people try to do an hour a day while at the con. We have a hard enough time doing formal shifts during a normal year and this year due to the holiday weekend, I don't think we have enough people to cover it.

5. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'll be at the con on Sat only.

6. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    i'll be there all 3 days

7. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I can definitely do the first hour on Friday, since I'll be setting it up anyway.

8. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Well, I just want to make sure the table doesn't wind up empty because nobody is aware of when someone else plans to be there. I know that it helps me personally to know when others plan to be there (what time period) so I don't have to nervously walk by the table all the time to see if anyone is there or wonder if I should jump in or not. That's all. If the table goes empty more than 50% of the con (no coverage) I don't know if we'll be able to justify keeping it in future years. That's all.

So far I plan to be there Thurs for set up, Fri, Sat and probably Sunday. I am visiting my sister and mom tomorrow, so hopefully I can find out from them if they are cooking something up for Easter or not.

9. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    I think this is something we will need to discuss at the meeting when we can get an idea of everyone's schedule.

10. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Our booth location:

[image=http://endorbase.org/images/wc-2010.gif]

11. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    I agree, we should have some type of signup for the table

12. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I'd still like to know who is going to set it up every morning and then close it down in the evening. It only takes a few minutes to organize the table but I'd like to see someone other than myself step up to do this very small task. Rachel, is this something you can do since you have one of the exhibitor badge?

13. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah I can do that. I think Matt was going to do set up on Friday morning but I can get there early to be back up. The only time I probably won't be around is Sunday evening but if necessary I can break down the table early.

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I can try to get there to help with setup Sat morning if another person is needed for it. Since I won't be getting my badge till Sat morning, though, would I still be able to get in for early setup? Or is the sticker only good if you already have a badge?

15. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    The stickers you are thinking of Alison are only for actual set up Thurs night. Don't worry about trying to get there early Saturday. I can make sure the table is ready because I know registration can take awhile. Its getting more like Comic-con every year. :rolleyes:

16. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Ok, sounds good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.