San Fran, CA SFFF's 6th Anniversary - May 31st

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1 Jedi Master

star 5
    Since it falls on a weekend, I'm just putting an interest thread for a possible picnic for SFFF's 6th anniversary. It's the week after the Memorial Day weekend. We don't even have to do a picnic, and do something else.

Is this a good date for everyone, or is the 30th better? Opinions? Suggestions?
  2. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    Either day is good for me. But Saturday, the bus to home runs later, so I wouldn't have to take a taxi, but it's not a big deal.
  3. Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Since we have not had good luck with weather the last couple of years, I vote we do something other than a picnic. Or else just find someplace less windy.
  4. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    im down for anything for that weekend!
  5. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    6 years... Dang, where the bottle of Glenlivet... :D
  6. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3

more like bottle of Talus
    [image=http://www.dbhq.hu/en/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/talus_chardonnay-copy.jpg]
  7. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    I thought we agreed no picnic unless it was someplace warm!

8. AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Why not play t by ear. Say picnic if the weather is fine but also have a plan B.... Dave and Busters![face_laugh]
  9. Harlock415 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Just where is the nearest Dave & Busters?
  10. JedHead1 Jedi Master

star 5
    The Great Mall in Milpitas.
  11. Harlock415 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ahh, though so. Sounds doable.
  12. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    omg... I was just at the Milpitas D&B last night! They charge a cover now too ($3-$5 depending on weekday and weekend respectively I think) but they give you a couple of gaming cards with arcade credit on them. Although if we do go, then go to the website and get a $10 gaming credit for free when you sign up. It comes via e-mail and you just gotta redeem it with in the month.

Dinner and drinks are reasonable and if you get their TNTea (their equivilent of a Long Island), you get to keep the glass. I have 5... [face_laugh] (but I broke one in transport last night so 4). Also they have dinner packages where you can eat and play that range from $10-$20 powercards for the arcade.
  13. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    Pfft... only if you're having chicken with the side of your fan club man. :p Besides Ravenwood's Muscato Allegro is the shiznit. :cool:
  14. AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think an outing or park setting would be best.... can we bring booze?[face_beatup]
  15. Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 3
    May 30 works and I'm ok with either a picnic (weather permitting) or D&B. By the way, I used to live in one of the apartments by the Great Mall years ago. It will bring back memories of beer, video games and fried food! :D
  16. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    Considering how much booze talk has been thrown around in this thread I vote yes. If not I'm flasking it... :p
  17. TionneHawk Jedi Knight

star 5
    I'd like to try to make it to this. I vote for a picnic or potluck or something relatively cheap. I am very much strapped in the cash department lately but would love to come hang out with you. Reunite with the old gang as it were and make my vaguely glorious return to fandom. :)
  18. Taeriel Jedi Master

star 5
    A picnic potluck sounds nice, but it really does need to be someplace warmer this year! We were all freezing last year and the year before. IIRC, the general consensus last year was that we would have to move the picnic to a warmer locale next time.

I can do either the 30th or 31st.
  19. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    There's a park in Hayward that would suit our purposes nicely actually. I'll post some pics soon.
  20. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    Yay! I vote for Hayward--I can get there easily.

Hey, Tionnehawk, sure hope you can make it, I would love to see you and catch up!!
  21. Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I know I probably have the smallest tenure of any member but would still love to go. Plus, I live in Livemore not too far from Hayward at all.
  22. JedHead1 Jedi Master

star 5
    As of now, I'm probably only available for Saturday the 30th.
  23. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 6
    Saturday is good, I can do either day.
  24. Taeriel Jedi Master

star 5
    What is weather typically like in Hayward now?
  25. Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master

star 4
    http://www.ebparks.org/parks/don_castro

It's got plenty of parking and it doesn't officially open till sometime in June because they have a man-made lake that's drained right now but the space is usable for our needs. It has picnic tables and benches and also has BBQ grills. The weather in Hayward is pretty good this time of year. I'd say High 60s-High 70s if not higher... Eva and I scouted it last week and I'll post some pics soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.