SFFF's 6th Anniversary - May 31st

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by JedHead1, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    So if it doesn't open until June....:confused:
  2. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    The community lake doesn't open till then (July actually). The picnic areas are open as far as it seems on a first come first serve basis according to the website. This would be a straight hit and hype. Come in to the system, do whatever we want and then jump whenever we're ready. It's a nice area, not that huge but big enough. It's actually better without the lake cos then there would be hella heads up in the joint.

Look at the website:
    "Park Activities
    Swimming

NOTICE: Don Castro swim lagoon is currently under construction which will delay the opening of the swim season to July 4, 2009. The rest of the park is unaffected and picnicking, fishing, and hiking are still available. Other local EBRPD facilities are available for aquatic recreation.

Swimming in the lagoon is the park's main attraction. There is a beach access fee. Swim hours are from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., and only when lifeguards are on duty. For operation hours and lifeguard service schedule, visit the Swim Facilities page. Organized groups planning to use the swim complex should call 1-888-EBPARKS, option 2, then 1, to notify park staff and to receive necessary facility information. There is a bathhouse, a vending machine, a sandy beach and large lawn areas. Dogs are not allowed in the swim complex. Beach wheelchairs are available free of charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Back to top
    Picnicking

Sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis, although some reservable group sites are available. There is a fee for reservable sites; for information call 1-888-EBPARKS or 1-888-327-2757, press option 2, then 1."
  3. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Pics

[image=http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v3859/223/110/675457209/n675457209_1690890_4955077.jpg]

[image=http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v3859/223/110/675457209/n675457209_1690891_6951049.jpg]

[image=http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v3859/223/110/675457209/n675457209_1690894_7098130.jpg]

[image=http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v3859/223/110/675457209/n675457209_1690899_4832613.jpg]
  4. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Looks great! When will we have official confirmation of day and time?
  5. SiaLanWezz Force Ghost

star 2
    The park is small and very clean. Hayward is always sunny with a little bit of wind coming off the bay. This park is our hidden jewel , in Hayward hills in between the homes up there. Coming into the park, there is a fishing small lake to the right and a steep revene to the left, pass that, you pass the small ranger booth. Right after that you enter a parking lot which is a round circle with the swimming on the right with picknick tables around that. I was thinking we would use the barbeque pits on the left hand side from the entrance called the Twighlight". It is a small place with trees over the pits creating shade for the whole pick nick area with about 3 or 4 barbeque pits and tables, very close together. This time of the year it is pretty empty and only people walking their dogs or jogging go through. When me and Ming were there, I think we have seen the total of about 4 people.1 fishing, 2 walking their dogs and 1 jogging. Parking lot had 1 car.
    If you would like me to make reservations, I can do that tomorrow. Let me know. Is the date set in stone yet? Saturday or Sunday?

Don Castro Regional Park
    22400 woodroe ave
    hayward calif 94541
    510 538-1148

directions: HWY 92/Jackson or Mission to Foothill blvd north, right on B street turns into Kelly street( take the right fork at the light where street splits into 2),left side goes to Castro Valley and 580, right fork goes into the Hayward hills. If you google the park, you can view all the info and directions.
    Left onto woodroe, there is a green sign for Don Castro Park.
  6. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Looks like a nice site and should be warmer than last year. If someone is willing to go early and get a spot, we wouldn't have to pay for a reservation.
  7. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Hayward sounds like a good location, it's kind of central and seems to be easy for most people to get to. And Hayward is typically quite warm! (Watch, it will be 100 degress - lol!)

Matt, could you send out an e-mail to SFFF members with the date and time of the picnic? That way some members who are not online often will be sure to get the invite and check out our forums.
  8. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Here's a link to the park:

http://www.ebparks.org/parks/don_castro
  9. SiaLanWezz Force Ghost

star 2
    Okay, I have made reservations for Don Castro on May 31th for "Twilight" spot, it holds several barbeque pitts and holds 50 people for the cost of 133 dollars per day with 50 dollars refundable if we leave it in good condition. What do you think?
    Matt, Kathy the reservation number on the contract is "# 21565" Twilight hold
  10. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Err I think Rachel's plan of sending an expeditionary force early to claim the territory was valid and more importantly FREE. I thought you were trying to buy a house Eva, shouldn't you be saving all those nuts for winter? lol Also there isn't full agreement yet that this is our location of choice. I actually like the D&B idea too personally but then again I got a $10 credit that expires at the end of this month so I'm a lil biased. lol

Regardless, either one is fine with me but the okay hasn't been issued yet.
  11. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, I wasn't expecting or planning on inviting 50 people :eek: , just a couple maybe from GGG and/or RL who might want to join SFFF. So the payment might not be valid if its more like 20 people or less, like we've had for picnics in years past.

Can someone call the park and find out? I'll be at an all-day event each day this weekend.
  12. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, 50 people would be lot. At best I would estimate 20. And we still have not firmly decided on this location yet either. D&B would not e bad either.
  13. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Let me know when you guys make up your minds. I'm not into bars, so D&B would not be my first choice, either.

I'm with the picnic people!

And I vote for a joint picnic/Dale birthday party. We won't cut the cake till he gets there!
  14. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah doubtful we'd get 20... The Twilight spot didn't look that big though. I think the one across from it was way bigger. Just cos MyBlasterGoesPewPew likes Twight doesn't mean we need to picnic there. :p Just play'n Heli. :p
  15. MyBlasterGoesPewPew Jedi Padawan

Woah the pics turned out really good.Nice Camera =D I Like the Picnic idea better cuz thats what I thought a picnic should be like...green grass....not windy and cold.. :eek: And Ive been to Dave && Busters before its like a better version of Chuck E Cheese and more expensive. Oh and Theres this Twilight area we should go there I mean you get pulled in by the name!*TWILIGHT* [face_batting]
  16. MyBlasterGoesPewPew Jedi Padawan

ITS TWILIGHT NOT TWIGHT
  17. SiaLanWezz Force Ghost

star 2
    I wasn't planning to pay for the whole thing myself Ming. It is first come first serve bases unless you want to reserve a spot , than they charge you by how many people come. I just gave her a number because I did not know what was planned yet.
    I am up for the picnic myself. I will not go to Dave & Busters , it sounds like Chuck E. Cheese for adults. I don't like to play video games. I was under the impression this was a social event where people talk and enjoy each others company. How can this be accomplished at Dave and Busters?
    And that weekend is Charles days off, he wants to bring the kids.
  18. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    I vote we should rename the area TWI'LEK[face_alien_1]
  19. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    We need to decide on what day to do this - Saturday, May 30th, or Sunday, May 31st (SFFF's actual anniversary), and we need to decide soon. Otherwise, let's just get together at a restaurant or something - all dressed up perhaps. :)

But lets's decide by Friday at the latest, then someone should reserve the park, or just scope out a good area, and have everything set by next week, so everyone can post on what to bring.
  20. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Either day works for me although I have an event on the night of the 31st that starts at 7pm. By the way, if anyone wants to go bowling for a good cause, let me know. I am volunteering to be part of the scouting force to secure a spot. I think we have decided that none of us wants to pay for a reservation. I don't mind getting there early to help make sure we have a good place. Hey Helli, maybe there will be a meadow there. ;)
  21. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    lol Rob, I'll vote for that, nothing a lil paint can't fix! ;) and Heli... I could of just taken out the GH in TWIGHT... or... well let's not go there. :p
  22. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Alright folks, I say let's aim for Sunday the 31st, picnic at the Hayward sector, the day of our anniversary. Let tag and bag this fierfek. I talk to Eva and she DID NOT make the reservation she thought we needed one but it's first come first serve and well all know we're the best at being first to secure a site, line ups, etc etc etc... :p

Reservations are optional anyway so we just need a scout team to secure the location first and have people start listing the stuff they wanna bring. Alright team Fan Force let's kick @ss! Let's do this!

Also I vote for alcohol. It's gonna come up so let's get this out of the way too. :D
  23. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Hehe you wrote that after I wrote mine.:p Like the camera eh? :cool: Yes everyone, I have a new toy: The Nikon D90 DSLR. Takes HD video to at 720p, it is very awesome. I can totally be our official photog dude. ;) Also got 4 lenses for other special scearios. Anyone need photo session. I have no idea what they charge but I always great shots and am bad @ss at photoshop too boot. :D
  24. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Okay, I'll bring potato salad.

I don't know if EBRPD allows alcohol in their parks. Someone might want to check on that.
  25. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.