main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA SFM hall of fame induction ceremony

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cliodna_ben_Lhee, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Do we want to do this as a group?

http://www.sfhomeworld.org/make_contact/details.asp?display=cal&m=6&d=17&y=2006&eventID=417

2. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I say do it. But I won't be able to go. I'll be out of town then.

3. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Sounds good! How much does it cost though?
    It sounds like SFM members will get the upper hand in tickets.
    Hope there will be some left for us SW fans.

4. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    I just bought an SFM membership online, it is $40 for an individual (includes unlimited visits to the museum during the year) So hopefully, it will be in effect in time to recieve the advanced ticket purchase info. Right now, there is no info on the SFM website about how much the tickets to the induction ceremony will be.

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh lordy do I want to go....

6. dragonmar

dragonmar Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2003
    Don Glover at the social on saturday said that last years tickets were $85 dollars. This also includes dessert at the awards ceremony. Hopefully they worked out the problems with ordering that they had last time. They are also inducting Anne McCaffrey, and posthumously Kelly Freas and Frank Herbert. Hope at least some of will be able to go even if George is not there. We could always chip in some money so at least one or more of us could go to represent the Mos Everett group.

7. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    *cough Cough*

[face_batting]

But Serioulsy, we could all chip in and have a pool? A mini fan Force Lottery? Say 10$ a ticket with the extra money going to charity?

Note that this would ONLY be in house freindly kinda thing.

8. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    Sounds good to me! $10 ea. for a chance at going seems fair.

9. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    I would be willing to throw in $10 for that.

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I'll pitch in too, though I won't be able to attend.

11. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    I found more info on the ceremony, there are some other events going on connected to it that weekend, see these links for more info:

http://www.sfhomeworld.org/make_contact/special.asp?articleID=235

the tickets to the other event is only 25 dollars according to here:

https://www.locusmag.com/About/LocusAwardsAd.html

the ceremony is separate though and info on ticket prices is not on there site yet, although they supposedly go on sale to members this Wednesday!

http://www.sfhomeworld.org/make_contact/details.asp?display=cal&m=6&d=17&y=2006&eventID=417

I am seriously considering attending for the other events if not for the ceremony, but would most likely want to stay overnight at the marriot or some place real close to the SFM, if anyone else wants to go and would want to share a room to offset the cost, let me know

12. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    tickets for members are on sale now! they are $40 and only $45 for non-members! (but they don't go on sale to non-members until the 12th). details are right here:
    this is not as pricey as we thought it would be, so who is planning on going> and who wants to share a room for the night?

13. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Okay, I just reserved a room with 2 double beds though they may put us in one with 2 queens if they have one available. For the night of the 17th.

We can get up to four people (females, sorry guys) in that room, so I am looking for 3 others who would want to room with me and split the 129 (+tax) with me for the room.

If any guys are planning to go and spend the night, I suggest you call now and reserve a room (you may find other roomies between now and then) before they are full.

And if you want to go to the other events going on during the day, you can purchase your tickets for that here:
    https://www.locusmag.com/About/LocusAwardsAd.html

14. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Tickets for non-members are on sale NOW, by phone
    Tickets for the induction ceremony are $40 for members and $45 for the general public. The evening includes a seated dessert reception and ceremony. To purchase tickets, call the box office at 206.770.2702.

Better hurry as they may sell out rather quickly

15. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Oh Damn
    I forgot

Who wants to do the lottery thing? Please PM me if interested so we can work out the details offline for now

16. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    WWWWWWWWWweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh!!!!

So far, I know for sure that Marlow, Paulie and I will be going to this on Saturday. Marlow and me are also ging to take part in the other Locus Events during the rest of the weekend which includes:
    Friday, June 16, 2006

Cocktail Reception co-sponsored by SFWA Authors, Booksellers, Publishers and Locus Magazine
    8:00 - 10:30 p.m.
    Level 3, SFM

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Locus Magazine Brunch
    10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
    Courtyard Marriott

Curatorial Tours of SFM
    1:30 and 2:30 p.m.
    Meet in SFM Lobby

Autograph Party with Neil Gaiman, Anne McCaffrey, Connie Willis, Paul Park, Kevin J. Anderson, Brian Herbert, Elizabeth Ann Scarborough
    2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
    Learning Labs, EMP

Locus Awards, hosted by Connie Willis, with special guest Neil Gaiman
    4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
    Level Three, SFM
    Includes no-host bar

More info on the Locus Awards cocktail party, brunch, and awards, including ticket info.

Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    8:00 - 9:30 p.m.
    Skychurch, EMP
    Includes wine and dessert salon
    Learn about the 2006 Hall of Fame Inductees.
    Ticket Info.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Talks, Readings and Panels

11:00 a.m. ? 11:50 p.m.
    JBL Theater
    The Worlds of Frank Kelly Freas
    Discussion and slide show of Frank Kelly Freas?s artworks, presented by Laura Freas

1:00 ? 1:50 p.m.
    JBL Theater
    The Works of Anne McCaffrey
    An overview of Anne McCaffrey?s work and career with Charles Brown, Todd McCaffrey, Gigi Kennedy, and Elizabeth Anne Scarborough
    Moderator: CONNIE WILLIS

2:00 ? 3:00 p.m.
    JBL Theater
    Best of the 2006 Science Fiction Short Film Festival
    ?Heartbeat,? ?They?re Made out of Meat,? ?Red Planet Blues,? ?Microgravity,? ?Heyday,? ?Circus of Infinity,? ?Piece of Wood,? ?SuperAnon,? ?Grandfather Paradox,? ?Wireless,? ?Life of a Dog?
    More about the SF Short Film Festival

17. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    oooh-oooh-oooh! I just noticed this blurb in the schedule for the locus weekend events:

? Autograph Party with Neil Gaiman, Anne McCaffrey, Connie Willis, Paul Park, Kevin J. Anderson, Brian Herbert, Elizabeth Ann Scarborough
    2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
    Learning Labs, EMP

Does this mean wht I think it does, that McCaffrey is going to be in attendance at the locus awards and her induction into the Science Fiction Hall of Fame?

18. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh wowowowowowowowwo!!!

19. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    I KNOW! Isn't that cool? I hope she'll be there!

HEy, I was looking at the locus schedule and I think it may be closer to 7:30 before Marlow and I can meet you. I would like to go back the hotel and change before the HOF induction ceremony and the locus award gets over at 6pm, so we have to go back to the Marriott to change and then get back to the EMP. SO how about we meet up at bar in the Revolution (that's the name of the restaurant according to the EMP's website) that is next to EMP.

We will try and make it by 7 since we will be needing a bite to eat before the HOF ceremony. If it?s possible for you to get there at that time and maybe even a bit earlier, maybe you could snag a table for three in the bar? And if we aren?t there by 7 on the dot, be ensured that we will be on the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.