SFMuseum Film Festival

Discussion in 'Snohomish County, WA' started by AmmersVI, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    I am posting this here as well as on the e-mail list...
    This is what I was able to find out from the SFM website... Sounds like it might be a fun event.

1st Annual Science Fiction Short Film Festival
    02.04.06 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
    $10 for both screenings (Top Twenty films and Awards ceremony); $7 for one screening (ten of the Top Twenty films)

Seattle Cinerama Theatre
    2100 4th Avenue
    Seattle, WA 98121

The Science Fiction Museum & Hall of Fame and the Seattle International Film Festival invite you to attend the first annual Science Fiction Short Film Festival. Come see twenty of the most original, cutting-edge, funny and spectacular science fiction short films from around the world. Many of the filmmakers will be on hand for the show

There will be two screenings of ten films each, followed by the awards ceremony.
  2. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    This sounds like a lot of fun... anyone else interested in one or both?
  3. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    I think either one would be fun. :)
    BTW, I found out some more info on the SIFF website:

Twenty original short films, including films from two SIFF members (Andy Spletzer and Fly Filmmaker Sue Corcoran) will compete for the 2006 SFSFF Awards!

There will be 2 sessions, with ten films in each: 4-6pm and 7-9pm, with the awards ceremony following the evening screening.

Tickets are $7/single session or $10 for both sessions, including the awards ceremony and reception. Advanced tickets are available at the SFM Box Office (206.770.2702) and day-of-show tickets will be available at the Cinerama Theatre, 2100 Fourth Avenue, in downtown Seattle.

4. InvaderSil Jedi Knight

Hey,

This sounds like fun. And it will finally get me into Seattle. lol

BTW, this is Keith if anybody has forgotten. :)

InvaderSil
  5. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks Amy,

It looks like although this is organized through SFM that the screenings will all take place at Cinerama? I called the SFM box office and the girl there said that is what she knows.

So, who all wants to do the entire thing? It's only 3 dollars more, there will prolly be an intermission too, I hope. There will be no internet sales of tickets, but we can buy them over the phone (SFM Box Office (206.770.2702) ) and have them mailed to us.

Instead of trying to gather all the money and then doing it as one group, how about this time everyone be responsible for getting their own tickets? they can be purchased at the Cinerama day of show, but I bet if you already have your tickets then we can get in faster.

So, everyone who wants to go say we meet outside the Cinerama at 3 pm an hour before they open so we can all get in line together if necessary? Saturday Feb 4th
  6. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Yep! Here's hoping my employment situation works out by then.
  7. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be going. Since I live fairly nearby I could hold a place in line early.
    Although, lately the Cinerama has been letting people in a lot earlier than they used to.
    i.e. less waiting outside! :)
    I'll look forward to seeing you all there!
  8. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, looks like the sfm webpage was finally updated. Here is a complete list of the films.

http://www.sfhomeworld.org/make_contact/special.asp?articleID=234
  9. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    Yea! those sound awsome, I can't wait :)
  10. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    this is coming up fast folks! just under 2 weeks!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  11. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Unless something comes up I'll be there!!!

*fingers crossed*
  12. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    Uurgh, I kept forgetting to call about tickets and the box office is closed on monday. I'm not sure if I order them by phone tomorrow that i'll get them in the mail in time, so I guess I'll have to pick them up at the cinerama box office the day of the show.
  13. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    Wheeeeeeeeeee! only 4 days away!

So, who all is going?
    I just called the SFM box office and ordered my ticket for both screenings.
    I have to pick it up at the will call window.
    It's supposed to be raining that day, so I am not sure if I want to stand in line after I pick them up until closer to when they open the doors to let us in.
    So, does anyone know of a place we can get together undercover before we line up for the show,
    say around 3 o'clock? like a coffee shop within a block or so of the Cinerama?

I also called cinerama about how they are handling seating as far as whether they are assigned and whether we lose our seats if we leave them between the two screenings, they did not know for sure but it is likely we'd have to line up again to get in for the second show if we left the theater

I was only concerned about that because I am sure we'll be hungry around 6 when they have a one hour break between screenings. They do serve some food at the consession stand. we could grab some food there and take it back to our seats and bullshit awhile while we wait for the second screenings.

Let me know what you all think of that
  14. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    I just ordered mine. I only got one for the 4-6 show though. Do you think they would let us in early, say around 3:15~ish? How about we meet up at the Starbucks or Ralph's Deli across the street on 4th? I don't mind waiting in line a bit as long as it isn't too long. (yeah for Saturday!) [face_dancing]
  15. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, Ralphs Deli sounds good, we can grab a sammich before the film festival

Is 2 oclock too early to for everyone who is going to meet at Ralphs Deli?
  16. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    2 pm. sounds fine to me.
    FYI:
    I heard on the news that there may be a huge windstorm Sat. afternoon.
    Hopefully it won't be too bad.
  17. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll wear my windbreaker

hey, where is the best place to park in that area, anyone know?
  18. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    Parking can be pricey. Pacific Place has a good rate -usually- But my suggestion would be to pay to park for the first half of the festival and then move your car to a street spot. After 6pm parking is free on the street. So maybe you want to have your car parked nearby, so if you wanted to move it later it would be easier. There are parking lots all along 5th Ave.
  19. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    aaarrrggghhh, I hate to do this but I can't go to the festival today. My Daughter was supposed to spend the day with a friend but due to some problems between her friends parents, she can't go over there now. I can't leave her alone all day and she also doesn't want to go to the film festival.
    Damn. well, at least the ticket was only 10 bucks

Amy, I hope some other members are planning to show up and just haven't posted about it yet.

-Cate-
  20. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sorry I didn't get your post till now. I've been out of power most of the day. But the film festival was great. I even met some new friends. Sorry that you couldn't go Cate! And, judging by the way it sold out so quickly, there will always be next year. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.