main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto SFX 2007 Guets anounced

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Styrofoam_Guy, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    In any case, I'll be watching the site for updates... worse for me, I'll be at work in a couple hours and won't be able to check in until this afternoon... *blah*

2. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    No update on DH or HobbyStar as of this post - 9:55am August 1st

I've spoken to a James Armstrong (HobbyStar) both to purchase my VIP ticket and the Monday following the SDCC
    He did say that refunds would be given (not to worry about that)

They are probably waiting until the very last minute to see if what has been planned on and advirtised can't somehow work out and I have no problems with them doing this
    If we go until the Friday of the Con until it becomes apparent that it can NOT happen then so be it, not a worry here

just biding my time ....

3. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I have faith that Hayden will do his damnedest to honor this commitment. At C-3, he was planning a surprise Q&A but couldn't make it because of a flight delay. He actually (from what I understand) did his phone in from the Airport in Rome while filming "Virgin Territory".

I have a feeling that if anything, he'll do his 'meet and greet' and have to turn around and fly back to where-ever....

[face_praying] << NEVER uses this Icon, but for this, I'll make an exception.

Come on Hayden!!! Don't let us down!

[face_praying]

4. jedi-princess-barbie

jedi-princess-barbie Jedi Master

Jul 30, 2007
    Temeura Morrison was added to the schedule around July 16th. Hayden's event was sold out long before that so I don't think there is any fraud involved.

It's not unusual for movies to continue casting even after the movie has begun filming so this could very well have happened suddenly. Hayden may be joining a production that is already filming. The movie sites probably won't get wind of any news until Hayden is on the set or there is a press release.

5. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Another subtable change - IIRC, originally Hayden was going to do a Q&A with Dave and Jake, now he's flying solo...

*still holding out hope*

6. jedi-princess-barbie

jedi-princess-barbie Jedi Master

Jul 30, 2007
    SithPaark, it might be alright for you to wait until the Friday the con opens but those of us who were going just to see Hayden have to decide what to do about things like airfare and hotel reservations. The longer I wait the more it will cost me to change or cancel my airfare.

7. Capt-SithPaark

Feb 24, 2004
    jedi-princess-barbie - Yes, I understand your point, a difficult situation it is. Sorry about that, I'm obviously speaking from my POV of course, I would be going to this Con anyway (as I live near Toronto) In travelling from any far distance it does present a problem - the trouble w/ not knowing, what to do?

DarthBreezy - On the back of the Flyer/Card that I received (beginning of June) in the mail, the first I had heard of all of this, it states (in amongst the 3 ticket pkg. details) a separation in the two Q & A sessions - Hayden's and one for Dave & Jake

I did ask (when I bought my ticket) if they were going to have all three of them together and was told (by James Armstrong - HobbyStar) that they were hoping to, as this was quite the situation presenting itself

8. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Anyone else find it sad that we have had more discussion in one week then we have all year here and its based entirely on the people getting upset about Hayden canceling an appearance. Furthermore I don't recognize any of the names as local fanforce people. -.-

This isn't a slight against them...I am simply ashamed that this is the only life this club has seen in a while.

9. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    not that we don't try to make it active... but ou are right... very few actual local members come here anymore...

10. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Well guys, this is your chance then. Start a thread for visitors to Toronto.

Granted, it was the idea of meeting Hayden that put the urgency in my trip, but this definitely won't be my only one. The brevity of my trip this time pretty much limits me to the convention and that funky little amusement park island (I am a collector/artist of carousel figures) but I know there are tonnes of things I would love to see.

11. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Perhaps it would be appropriate to have a seperate event from the Con so that vissitors and oldbies of TLL could mellow out together and mingle. Might be nice to see new faces. Either way I will be a definate no show as I have to attend a wedding.

12. Capt-SithPaark

Feb 24, 2004
    Spiderfan (and all others) FYI

As far as a small 'SW' related activity that would be cause for TFF Long Line members, Con goer's or ppl coming from afar to gather, meet, hang-out or simply chill
    there is a 'SW' exhibit at the Design Exchange (located 2 city blocks (I think) east of the Con center) on Bay St. 5-10 minute walk from the Con facility

'Assembling a Galaxy'

I was there a few weekends back - It will only take about 15-20 min. to check it out, It's free and not too bad at all, the 1st Canadian 'SW' Exhibit
    It's a private collection of several pretty cool pieces that will take you back to '77 (as well as a mini film playing on a screen in the background as you look at the collection)

... But, The last two days of the Exhibit are the First two days of the SFX Con - Friday 24th, Saturday 25th, maybe there can be a meet up of some type for all?

The ad can be seen here -

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/2770/assemblingagalaxyeb7.jpg

p.s - (DH reports) SFX Fan Expo: Looks as if we'll have to wait until Thursday (August 02) for Hobbystar.Com to post an announcement regarding Hayden's appearance at this year's SFX Fan Expo in Toronto on August 25th

13. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Any interest in a get together?

Lunch/ Dinner/ breakfast during the con? Which day will work best for people?

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

14. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I arrive thursday afternoon and was planning on dinner with my hotel roommate. Friday I do want to go to the island (anyone want to go with me?) Saturday afternoon is still up in the air as of this moment - (funny enough, someone else called HS and said the person on the other end of the line 'had no idea about the rumors, so the plot thickens!) and I don't leave until sunday evening - so I'm open!

15. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    Well, the SFX site says nothing about our Hayden not being there. The other female Hayden is indicated as having postponed till next year. I think this is a case of someone hearing "Hayden" an thinking the worst.

16. Darthsmuse

Darthsmuse Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2004
    Were that the case - unfortunately the information came from Ben Stevens of Official Pix, the company who I assume were to supply the photos of Hayden for autographing.

17. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    OP doesn't have the monopoly on photos of SW characters, they are only US licensees. OP didn't even have a presence at Celebration Europe.

Still nothing on the Hobbystar site, and I have a feeling that's how it will stay.

18. Capt-SithPaark

Feb 24, 2004
    Whether it turns out that Hayden's is there or not those that can should try and plan to meet-up (take in the Assembling Exhibit

Ben Stevens (from Official Pix) the one who informed me about H.Christensen on another forum is completely adament that Aman (Tor. SFX organizer who was at the SDCC) told him at the beginning of July that Hayden wouldn't be able to attend
    He also said that both Haydens have been lost to the SFXpo

I asked him at C4 if he (Official Pix) would be doing the Toronto show and he said no
    Although he was in Toronto ('06 SFX) w/ Carrie Fisher, I guess they just pick and choose what Con's they are going to do

19. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Well ****.

This just in:

HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN

Dear Fan Expo attendees,

It is with much disappointment that we must inform you that Hayden Christensen's representatives have advised us that he can no longer attend his scheduled appearance on August 25 at Fan Expo Canada. A career opportunity has come up and he will now be shooting a film on location in Asia for the next few months.

If the opportunity in the future presents itself, we would like to have Hayden appear at Fan Expo Canada, but at this time we will have to offer refunds to all those who have purchased the special event ticket in advance.

Please accept our apologies for the situation. We at Fan Expo Canada pride ourselves in having a very good track record for the hottest star appearances, but as in this case, the bigger the star, the bigger risk that they may have to cancel.

FOR ALL HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN TICKET HOLDERS:

If you purchased a special ticket for Hayden Christensen, via telephone or internet from Ticketmaster or the Fan Expo Canada web site, your credit card will be refunded in the next 7 days. If you purchased via non credit card transaction, a cheque will be mailed to you shortly.

FOR ALL HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN VIP PACKAGE HOLDERS:

If you purchased a Hayden Christensen VIP package from any outlet, Fan Expo Canada will refund you the same as above, but we will honour your VIP reservation with a complimentary Deluxe Pass to the this year's Fan Expo Canada as an apology and a thank you for your support. Also upon check in, you will receive, at no charge, a Star Wars Event Priority Seating ticket, that will entitle you to be seated before the general ticket holders for David Prowse & Jake Lloyd Q & A session on Saturday, August 25th.

To claim your complimentary Deluxe Pass & Priority Seating ticket, please check in at the Public Relations office when you arrive at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and show them your identification in person. You do not need to bring anything with you other than your ID, and you do not need to contact us as we already have your complete information. Thank you for your continuing understanding and support.

20. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    I think we'll still go but it is a bit of a downer...I'm sure the organizers don't want to be in the position they are in. Let's blame Hayden! :p

21. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    it's the curse of being vader. He ends up disapointing someone in one form or another

22. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Doesn't bother me, there was no way in heck I was going to pay those outrageous prices just for some celeb, much as I admire Hayden's acting I think it's an insult to be charged that much just for the opportunity to meet some actor.

Personally I think SFX will be all the better without the big celebrity hype and rubbish of Hayden's big buck-making appearance.

23. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Unfortunate news. However there are still other Star Wars guests\

Right now I was wondering how many people can make a Saturday dinner? I will also post this in another thread

Alec
    Styrofoam Guy

24. Capt-SithPaark

Feb 24, 2004
    The curse of Vader (LOL!)

Hayden will be back

Every year there is a celeb that SFX have slotted in that position, as w/ every other Con, CE had Mark Hamill - Current Market Value, Supply and Demand - Way O' the World
    and besides meeting him, factored into the price were some other things

... and for some, looks like this years SFX is on the house because of Hayden's absence

The dinner / Meet-Up sounds like a good idea - Hopefully the Programming doesn't conflict

25. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I am so sorry for all the folks that were coming to see Hayden from near and far. I know what a let down it is and who expense it must be. I was looking forward to seeing Paulie again well as the Calgary gang.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.