main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto SFX 2007 Guets anounced

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Styrofoam_Guy, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Well mike - I'm still coming!!!

Anyone interested in giving a girl a lift to the Air museum at Hamilton?

ETA - Any of the three days - Friday through Sunday, lunch, gas and museum entrance is on me.

Please drop me a PM if you're seriously interested.

2. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I cancelled my flight and hotel reservations today. After the wonderfully amazing time at C4, spending almost twice as much to see the same people just wasn't worth it. Hayden was the big draw.....

Would've been nice to meet some of you - Mike, sorry our Calgary contingent won't get to hang out with you (mind you, it was just the two of us) :(

3. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hopefully we will be able to meet up at some point in the future.

Paulie I will send you a PM.

4. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey, I was just wondering...is there anywhere I can get info on when each of the the celebrities who are coming will be signing? Also wondering whether Sean Astin charges extra, would really like to get his autograph for my mom.

5. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    nope. They don't tell you till you get to their tables.

6. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Okay well that's just stupid, but okay that's how it was at Polaris too I think. I was spoiled I guess by C3, where everything was all organized for you ahead of time, you could plan out what autographs you could afford, when to get them, etc etc. Only trouble there was getting TO the autograph hall cause of the crowds lol.

Anyways, no idea on times for signing either? :(

7. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    Connemara - It says (as an update on the Hobbystar site) that Sched's will be up August 14th, which will be next Tuesday

8. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Hurray!

9. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Well, part of my Saturday is booked! I got a reply back from the museum (with oodles of thanks to Sirene who told me about it!) and I get to go visit a Lancaster in restoration AND actually donate the little parts I have for her! [face_dancing]

I'll miss having them on my mantle, but knowing they are actually going to be a part of a Lanc again just makes me VERY happy!!

10. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    congrats my friend. I hope they let you fly her around.

11. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    That Lanc in Hamilton is one of only 2 in the world that are flyable (AFAIK) That museum is pretty good.

There is one also at Downsview Airport that they are restoring for display only.

12. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    I'm going to the one at Downsview, definitely - that's where the parts are going to. :)

There's also a Lanc "Just Jane" up in East Kirkby (Wayyyyyyyyyy up on the English North Coast) who isn't air worthy (although there are hopes that one day they might be able to finally do the required retrofitting) that you can actually ride on for short taxis.

The other flyable Lanc is the City of Lincon, based at RAF Conningsby, but the one at Hamilton is the only Lanc that is actually accessible to the 'public' - ie a museum membership is available that will grant you 'crew space' on a flight. Having ridden on Jane, a visit to Conningsby during one of the memorial flights comes second to the fact that one day I'll have my 'membership' at Hamilton, and take my crew flight!

That and a Tiger Moth flight which is actually far less expensive!

*laughs* Hayden? A pox on his trip to Asia! I have a Lanc and a carousel to visit! I'm going to be a busy gal in my short trip up there!

13. Darthsmuse

Darthsmuse Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2004
    Choice between a Lanc and Hayden - very hard particularly if its upclose with the City of Lincoln. My friend David, his father was in Bomber Command, knows the ground crew at RAF Conningsby and has had the guided tour!!!

My favourite encounter with the Memorial Flight was during a multi-period event a few years ago at Delting, Kent, England. The programme ran behind so our Civil War (1642-1651) battle ran late and was interrupted by the memorial flight. Everything stopped when we heard the drone of Merlin engines coming toward us. Everyone, calvary, musketeers, pikemen and artillery looked skyward to salute the City of Lincoln, the two spitfires and the two hurries.

14. Connemara

Nov 18, 2000
    Wow, I just noticed Sean Astin cancelled too. I'll stop complaining about the Hayden fans because that one actually steams me off a lot. I really wanted his autograph. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.