main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ottawa SFX...Fan Expo 2006. Who's Going?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by VaderFanForever, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Hello.

I was just wondering who is planning on attending the 2006 Fan Expo in Toronto on September 1-3. I know most people want to go to TT20, but I was just wondering about Fan Expo. They are trying to get a VERY special gust to come tothe show. I know who it is, but don't want to ruin the suprise. The 501st will be there in full force, as will the FanForce!! Elyse and I are probably going to go. She wants to wear her new Ewok costume, which she hopes to have for the Ottawa Lynx Game on April 8th.

I think we can only afford to go to one of the shows, and Fan Expo might be the one. If anyone else is planning on going, let's hear from you!

Elijah - VaderFanForever

2. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Frankly which ever 1 I go to, I want it to be with the rest of you so im easy. I cant do boththo.

3. marajade29sm

marajade29sm Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2006
    The SW guest at Fan Expo has WAY better draw than anyone annouced as a TCON guest, as far as I am concerned...I am SO there! :)

4. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Troops,

Is anyone sharing a room?

I would like to share a room with a few other people, mainly 501sters. I know Minder wants to go. I have to ask Jason and Luc from Ottawa. But if we share a room, it will be A LOT cheaper! Besides, Carrie Fisher has been announced as one of the main guests, and I am in the planning on making her an Honorary Member of the 501st!

VFF

5. Minder

May 28, 2002
    It kinda depends on our wives. a pregnant woman needs to be comfortable.

We really should start firming up plans though.

6. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    True words Minder. It is only 2 days, and I think she would be fine with that.

Do you know the best place to stay that is close to the convention centre? I would like to be as close as possible. I am probably 98% in for this. I am working on an HM for Carrie Fisher at the event.

7. Minder

May 28, 2002
    The places right at the convention center are stupidly expensive.

I think the Holiday Inn on Queen is prety close, and about as reasonable as you are going to get down there.

8. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Rob, Luc has us booked inat a hotel (can't remebr the name) that is connected to the con centre. So far, it is Luc, Jay and myslef that are going. Eric said he was 95% sure he was going, but not sure if he'll be staying with us or some friends in TO. We still haven't heard from you yet. Are you going to be able to go? The room will be shard by everyone.

Let us know as soon as you can!

9. TR1320

TR1320 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2006
    It's the Intercontinental... Got it at a great rate to boot!

10. VaderFanForever

Feb 24, 2004
    Thanks Luc. Hey, we will have to talk transportation in the near future. If we could take your SUV, that would be perfect.....unless you don't like Colleen driving "the other car' ;)

11. Higbi_Makim

Higbi_Makim Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2006
    I'm going. This is on short notice but I need crash space. If any of you have a spare spot I'll pay you for it. As for transport, it's VIA Rail for me.

Also, does anyone have a CC, I booked a room @ the ICON TORONTO CENTRE, but I need to reserve it. Anyone wanting to share the room is welcome to split the costs with me.

Reply to whiggins001@sympatico.ca .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.