main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto SFX is coming...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by grey_starr, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Hey hey...

We haven't had Toronto Trek yet, but it might be time to start thinking SFX!..

Here's recent news from them:

Greetings. Tickets are now on sale through Ticket Express, a service on our web site and Ticketmaster.ca. Sales have been brisk and we would like to remind you that the Elijah Wood and James Marsters special event tickets are very limited, so if you know you would like to go, please purchase in Advance as these events may sell out. Speaking of sellouts, the Strathcona Hotel is completely full for Expo weekend. We have sold a record number of hotel rooms this year, so again, if you need one, please book with the Intercontinental Hotel ASAP.
    Reservations call (800) 422-7969 and mention the Canadian National Expo for discounted rate. Thank you.

www.canadiannationalexpo.com

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    We have our tickets and hotel already and will be attending with at least 4 others from Rochester. We've gone to every CNSFX since 1999 and wouldn't miss it!

~Doc_Bev

3. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I will be there most likely to work a fan table

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

4. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    :( I can't go to SFX this year, I have to work nights that weekend. Oh well.

5. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    We might be there, haven't got any final plans at the moment though

6. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    My days have been booked so more then likely I will be there. However I told my work that since I had to take time off earlier in the month as well that I will be available to work IF they need me, so there is a chance that I can't. I would put money on it that I will be there. Hope to see you all there.

God I miss TO

7. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

i am totally freaking out here. Joquan Vasquez creator of THE INVADER ZIM (all hail the tallest!) and Johnny the Homicidal maniac will be there so of COURSE i'll be there hovering like the fan girl i am.

And now Elijah Wood...

hell ya i'll be there.

8. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Hmmm... should I get a ticket to see Mr. Elija Wood. hmmm money. damnit!

Will be there, which is a given.

9. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    I'll be there pimping my wares in Artist's Alley :D

10. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Cool, will look out for you :)

11. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Advance tickets are selling now, of course... and they have a coupon on the site to make it even cheaper... Here's all that information... and links...

CALL TICKETMASTER AT (416) 870-8000 or BUY TICKETS ONLINE, CLICK HERE

Canadian National Expo...

DELUXE PASS $39.00 CDN / $30.00 USD*
    $3.00 OFF ADULT DELUXE PASS, PLEASE CLICK HERE. (pdf 834kb)

Includes UNLIMITED Access to all SFX Events for 1, 2 or all 3 days (excluding special ticket events)

Some Features Include:
    Intimate and Interactive Sessions with the Stars DELUXE PASS HOLDERS ONLY!
    All SFX Events and Attractions
    Access to Autograph Area**
    Access to Masquerade
    Access to Entire show floor
    And much more?

Pass includes at no extra charge:
    Comic Book Expo (ALL ACCESS) excluding special ticket events
    Horror Expo (ALL ACCESS) excluding special ticket events
    Gaming Expo (ALL ACCESS) excluding special ticket events
    Anime Expo (LIMITED ACCESS) excluding special ticket events

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BASIC PASS $20.00 CDN / $14.00 USD*

Includes LIMITED Access to SFX Events for 1 day

Some Features Include:
    Some SFX Events and Attractions (see schedule)
    Access to Autograph Area**
    Access to Entire show floor
    And much more?

Pass includes at no extra charge:
    Comic Book Expo (ALL ACCESS) excluding special ticket events
    Gaming Expo (ALL ACCESS) excluding special ticket events
    Horror Expo (LIMITED ACCESS) excluding special ticket events
    Anime Expo (LIMITED ACCESS) excluding special ticket events

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHILD BASIC PASS $10.00 CDN / $7.00 USD*
    (12 years and under, must be purchased with an adult pass. PROOF OF AGE REQUIRED)
    KIDS FREE PASS, PLEASE CLICK HERE. (pdf 834kb)

Same Features as ADULT'S BASIC PASS

* APPROXIMATE US DOLLAR EXCHANGE RATE
    ** SOME GUEST MAY CHARGE ADDITIONAL FEES FOR AUTOGRAPHS

12. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

I guess i'm getting the deluxe pass as i want to do the masquerade again...i'd love to see the Elijah Wood event because i've heard his stories about life on the LOTR set are really amazing but i may just have to settle for the autograph sessions...are they separate? i just don't have the money to buy my Elijah tickets in advance as i'm looking for a new job atm

13. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    of course i will be there, need to get my Thief of Always signed!

14. Xalticus

Xalticus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2005
    I shall be there, but I will be getting the Anime Pass as I'm a slut to those little cartoons.

now the I&I to the Stars does that include Mr. Wood, and Mr. Marsters? Or is it a seperate dealy like Patrick Stewart from last year?

After 2 solid months I finally have my computer fixed :yay::D

15. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Marsters is $$. I would think Wood would be also :)

16. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

yargh. i still really want to see the Elijah Wood talks...would have some great stories...i suppose if i can come up with the money but it looks like i have yet another couple of costumes to work on! so we'll have to see...... ^_~

17. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Invader Zim and Jimmie rock! You know I'll be there for Saturday at the least!

18. LATOPADEYOR

LATOPADEYOR Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2005
    Can you buy tickets at the door, or only in advance from ticketmasters, etc.?
    I think I might want to show up for this. And does anyone know if there are vendor booths, how much for one, and/or who I would contact in regards to this....Do I just contact the convention centre?

19. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    All that info is on the site... Vendor booths are pricey... but if you got one... I'd be willing to stop by in costume for a while... and I'm sure others would as well...

If you still want it.. I can dig up that vender info for you... or someone would... for sure...

20. LATOPADEYOR

LATOPADEYOR Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2005
    Thanks.... I don't know if I'm gonna bother with the vedor booth, I'll have to look into how pricey "pricey" is...but since I had to miss T-Trek which I was really excited to go to, and now since I saw the pics from T-Trek, it looked like soo much fun, that I think I will for sure make SFX my very first convention. I am no longer afraid, lol. Cheers, and hope to meet some of you soon.

Holy Smokes! Frodo, Tuvok, Lois Lane (Margot Kidder), and Deanna Troy are gonna be there! TUVOK is the freaking best darn Vulcan ever! And if there is any way to get Martina Sirtis to say in her famous space-greek voice(I'm not insulting greeks, that's just the only way I can describe it), "Captain, I'm sensing a duality.", I'll be smiling for weeks....Oh, the dualities, lol. I will definitely be there!

21. ArtyEwok

Mar 18, 1999
    Yeah, space was pricey. I booked artist alley, and it was still just a little under $150.

I laughed at the application for internet access. $395? heeheehee!

Not sure which space I have yet! I'll post when I know :D

22. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    really?... 150? best I saw on the site was like 650!!!

23. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Perhaps its different for artists coming to show there work as opposed to the vendors that will be selling things and earning a profit? I have no idea, but it would make sense to me :)

Does anyone know if there lockers in the building that can be rented out? I will be coming on the Saturday with a pretty huge and sometimes difficult to move in Costume, so I really don't want to be dragging everything else I will be brining with me around the con.

24. ArtyEwok

Mar 18, 1999
    Well, artist alley is a different animal. It's for artists to sell/show off their wares. Retailers pay the big bucks.

I can't remember which retailer form I filled out to get that info, but it was in like April or may. It may have been teh same form as retailer/small press or something.

Artists get a lil table with 2 badges. I'm sharing my table with another artist friend of mine :)

25. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

Bayley, i think your best bet is finding some people who are getting a hotel room and stashing the costume there as i think the nearest lockers are union station and bay street terminal...and those are some questionable security there and you never know WHAT has been in the locker before hand...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.