main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto SFX Toronto

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Uilmuteiz, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Jeremy and Kenny will be there,

and it's really starting to look like I will be making it there as press for Star Wars en Direct.

so what's happening on your end? wanna try and see if we can book'em for supper on friday or sunday night?

could be fun.

2. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Actualy Seb, Kenny Baker cancelled and was replaced by Jeremy Bulloch.

I'll seeya there man.

3. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Got both of them anyways. As sure as when I gotr Keremy Bullocks Autograph he told me his son lives in Connamara near Cross Haven in Cork, area my dad grew up in.

I'm aiming more for the others who aren't in my collection, Patrick Stewart will be the big one.

4. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    I'll try to make it out for one day at least, and will hopefully be wearing a new costume :)

5. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    i'm usually there for a day or so.

6. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'll almost for sure be there for the usual FanForce Dinner -- probably at a different location this year. Not sure about attending SFX itself.

7. Psiberian

Psiberian Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2000
    As usual, I probably won't be able to get there due to my work schedule (which generally corresponds *exactly* to the schedule of most conventions - Friday night, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning).

However, since SFX is pretty much right across the street from my work, hopefully I can come out on Sunday afternoon if something is going on.

8. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

i'll be there...i am every year! when or what day i'm not sure of yet though..i highly doubt any liklihood of a three day venture though.

9. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I'll definitley take part in any dinner or after-con events that take place but unless I score myself a media or industry badge I really don't intend to go to the dealer's room - er - con itself.

My wallet needs time to recover from Comic-con

Sabrina

10. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    I'm game for a dinner, not sure about the con itself. I need money for DragonCon the weekend after. ;)

11. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Arsinoe,

you're going to D*C? You're so lucky! Take me with you!

Sabrina

12. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I'll be there! I missed TT this year, so I'm going to try and make up for it by making it for all three days of SFX. My appartment is pretty much walking distance from the convention centre... so I have no excuse! :p

13. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Mace;

"I think Nyla should retract that fact."

Yoda;

"If informed the fanboys is of nearby crash space, multiply, her friends will..."

:p

14. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    Here's you $4.00 off coupon to SFX...

http://www.hobbystar.com/comiccontoronto/images/onlinecoupon04Large.jpg

15. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I would like to go to this, I have a Costume (or Two) that I could wear, But both are quite large, and difficult to move in (The last thing I need is to fall and break something) Plus, I went one year, and basically, you are spending money, to get in...to spend even more money...?

I think I will pass on this and save my Pennys for one of the Bigger ones, Like Celebration, Or even Comic Con, or Dragon Con, or whatever they are called

16. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Where would you guys like to have the dinner this time? The same old place (Oh the agony of the wait from last year!) Or somewhere new and fresh around the area?

17. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    tried tested true is my vote

18. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    What about that restaurant where we had the post event get together back in November?

Its closer to the convention centre, the prices were reasonable and we might be able to book the table size we need without the issues we encounter at the Spaghetti Factory.

19. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I didn't attend this fancy schamcy thing back in november - what kind of food is it?

I'm up for trying something new, the wait is just too long at the other.

20. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I have a foolproof method of finding eating establishments.

1) Start at SFX.
    2) Walk forward.
    3) At every crossroads, the choice is left, right or straight.
    4) Each person in the group has a turn to pick.
    5) Eventually some strange man will offer you food

Sho, sho, weesa have lottsa food f'r you. Yousa like pasta? We give you pasta. Five bucks... but NO MEAT. Yousa wants meat, yousa going to have t'pay more.

Okay. So maybe not foolproof...

21. Psiberian

Psiberian Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2000
    "5) Eventually some strange man will offer you food"

This is actually ironic, because seeing as how I work in that area, I can attest to the fact that there actually IS a "strange man" who wanders around the area offering people food...or more specificly, passing out flyers and trying to get people to eat at a restaurant called "Piero's" (And no, I don't reccomend this as an actual possibility - I've only passed by it once and it didn't look very good. And besides, the vast numbers of Piero's flyers which tend to end up littering the street, and occasionally our theatre really annoy me).

There's actually a lot of good places to go in the area though; for example, there's an Elephant & Castle right down the street from my theatre that I've eaten at a few times, not to mention East Side Mario's and Caseys and the like down closer to Union...Or how about Planet Hollywood? (JK on the last one - it's probably a bit too much ;) )

22. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I didn't attend this fancy schamcy thing back in november - what kind of food is it?

Had to look up the old post. Its called The Armadillo Texas Grill. You can follow the link to see their menu and other information.

I liked the place. It was good food, nice service and it is a lot closer to the convention centre. The only question is are they able to handle a reservation for say 20+ people (assuming similar numbers to the last few years).

23. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    there is also:

the loose moose
    joe badalies
    lonestar texas grill

24. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    The Armadillo Texas Grill was a great place to eat. Their food was reasonably priced and the Staff was very kind. I don't think they'd mind our kind again.

Should I look into it again? I think I still have the bussiness card.

25. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I would agree with Tessa on the The Armadillo Texas Grill, I went there with friends when were in Toronto about a month or two ago, The food there was great, and pretty reasonable, and the staff was fantastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.