main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto SFX Toronto

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Uilmuteiz, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

my vote as always has been for pasta...very filling :) what about East Side Marios? its right there and you get a WHACK of stuff along with your meal, plus i think theres special rates for groups....

2. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeppers, I can attest to the fact that Tragic's suggestion most certainly does work...if you want that specific outcome. *snarf*

3. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    maybe we should vote on it but it looks like armadillo wins so far

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    My husband and I (I'm the one who initially posted this thread) are heading up from Rochester, NY (as we do every year for this con) and would love to join you guys for dinner. We didn't get the chance to meet anyone while we were at TT18 since we only attended Saturday.

~Doc_Bev

5. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    How many people were at the Armadillo thingy in November?

Tessa, why not give them a call and see how far in advance we need to book a reservation for our group - and if more people can be added to that reservation.

The more the merrier...just so long as we get to eat before midnight - after that, bad things could start happening.

6. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    As with every year, I will be at SFX for all three days! And I didn't join in the dinner last year, or that thing in November, so I have no vote in either.

7. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

Alright, I'll give them a call when I get back to Toronto, or possibly later tonight.

Let's see, how many? There was myself, alex, vent, nick, james, justin, john and I'm thinking that was all (sorry if I missed someone) So that was about 7 in total. They'll kindly take a larger group if booked I beleive.

8. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    reading thru the thread...there's quite a few more lol, including me. ;)

9. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I'd most likely like to join the dinner as well.

10. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    It'd depend on what the Garrison was up to... as to wheter I'd be available... what was the Day for this again?

11. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    It looks like I won't be able to make the con, I've just been informed that my grandfather's unveiling is that day.
    Can we get an idea on time for the dinner? Who is organizing this? I'd like to still try and make it out, but time will be an issue.

12. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    I will be there too

13. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Don't know about the con yet, but I'm HOPING to make it out to the dinner atleast.

14. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Well the sock should hopefully be making an appearance if all goes well. I mean a room FULL of comic and collectibles dealers...this is right up my ally. :D

Not to mention the Highschool trio should be born again. Can't wait!!!

Not too sure about anything on the Fanforce end though. Not exactly sure when everything is happening.

15. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

When do we plan to have the dinner? Is it during the time of the masqurade (sp?) like last time? If so I can't attend. Sorry!

16. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Lovely....Jeremy Bulloch is out :(

But Peter Mayhew will be there, fresh off the set of EDIT: Some movie

17. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    And that would be a spoiler for ROTS. *sigh* Why do I try anymore?

18. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    Because so long as Darth Digital doesn't bring books to the next line you will be eager and anticipant of the new film. That or trying to beat me for the book I've deprived you of in line.

19. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Actually Debbie, Graeme didn't spoil anything.

All he said is Peter Mayhew just came from the set. He did not say anything on if he was in front of the camera, behind the camera, in costume or not.

They did some filming this past month, in England I believe it was, the usual pick up shots, and Peter was there. Maybe he was visiting friends?

Anything else you want to read into it is yours. :)

20. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I hear Obi-Wan Kenobi is in the movie what do you think

21. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    LOL at Nick!!

I think the title "Revenge of the Sith" is a spoiler....don't you? :p

22. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Sorry guys, I'm unable to make it this year... See y'all at Grape and Wine!

23. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    *sigh*
    I unfortunately found out (before I read this) exactly what he was doing there. It just might be polite to avoid mentioning his name so that others who haven't become aware of that information yet and are trying to stay spoiler free don't accidently find out. There's absolutely no need to be snide.

24. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I probably won't be able to make the dinner or anything on the weekend, unfortunately. I have a wedding to go to on Saturday.

There isn't much time now to plan it, this can be planned pretty quickly, if people are actually interested in having a dinner.

Would Sunday, after the con work better for people? That way noone is missing any programming. If you have a preference, please post so we can get numbers and a date.

I'm going to be pretty busy this week and won't have much time to plan it, so hopefully someone else can call the restaurant and finalize things.

25. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    I'm game for the dinner. I don't care where we end up. My preference is Sat or Sun night, preferable around 7 on Sunday since I won't be at the con all day on Sunday cause I have a game to play in Sunday afternoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.