main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SG-1 $60 P-90 Brief Review

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by COS_Vader, Aug 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Kapowee has offered a $60 P-90 (one of the more popular SG-1 machine guns). It's an electric airsoft, and for the money it's a convincing SG-1/Atlantis prop.

http://www.kapowwe.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=R&Product_Code=1-1-556

It is very close to accurate 1:1 size, but does not fit the standard StarGate6 tactical weapon sling (sling is just a bit too tight and needs to be resewn about a 1/4 longer to fit).

As an airsoft, it quite honestly sucks. The second time I fired it, it jammed for good. As an SG-1/Atlantis prop, it rocks. Comes with a working tactical laser (real enough to pass), yet lacks a tactical light (a small mounted maglite should work).

The battery fits in the stock via a back panel, but it sticks to the point that I was afraid to open and close it for fear of breaking off the door. Also, there is a latch at the top of the magazine that must be removed to make it accurate to the real weapon. The latch just allows to to pour BBs into the magazine. It doesn't get in the way, but looks strange.

Overall, impressed with the look, but not a quality airsoft weapon. With minimal work it will make an authentic looking weapon.

This can be discussed in either the StarGate thread or in the Costume thread.

Kev

2. McLean

McLean Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2004
    thats a pretty cool gun

nothing will ever compare to my old airsoft gun though

it was a modified psg-1 and shot bb's 500 fps

and it was automatic, which was the cool part

but, yah. that gun is cool

3. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    the p-90 is my favorite gun, just the way it looks is awesome, i also like the top loading mag, whoever cameup with that idea is really cool, again my freakin age gets in the way of things, i would totaly buy one if i wer 18.

4. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    LOL I'm 37, but I guess I'm just a big kid anyways.

I admit to not liking the whole "bullpup" type guns, but have to admit that the P-90 has grown on me. For closed quarters combat, you learn to like the fact it can go through doorways horizontally vs vertically like an M-16, hence the reason for Carter's modified M-16 (an M-4), which is basically a shortened version of the M-16.

At 21" long, I like the look and feel of the weapon. Add the tac light and laser sight and it's very passable prop.

Kev

5. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    i dont think the p-90 is a bullpup design, i think bullpup is when the magazine loads behind the grip instead of infront of or in it, kinda like the stey aug, or the famas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.