main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG SGFF Website Recommandation

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by Darth_Eagle, Jul 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Post here any recommadation on features and stuffs you want to be up on our Singapore SW FanForce Website.

This is gonna be a guide for the webmaster/s-Creator/s of the Websites on what to put up and who to seek for the infos/features. ;)

2. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    A few suggestions on my part...

1) An Events Webpage
    This will be a place where we can put up various photos of our meetings and/or get-togethers.

2) A Costuming Webpage
    Since quite a few of us enjoy dressing up and/or might intend to make costumes for 2005 when the next movie comes out, this might be a good webpage to include.

3) The Jedi Kopi-Tiam Webpage
    This will be something like an "About Us" webpage, where we can explain to the world what on earth a Kopi-Tiam is, as well as to tell others a bit about our group here in Singapore.

4) A Singapore Webpage
    This will contain some basic info about Singapore, so that SW fans from other countries can read a bit about the place we come from and/or live in.

5) An SW Collection Webpage
    Since we have quite a few members who enjoy collecting all kinds of SW stuff, ah heck, why not? haha! ;)

That's all I can think of for now :)

3. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Wow, JediJean! You've already speak up what I have in mind. ;)

1) An Events Webpage

I'll recommand selected pictures and a report (done by different members who attended it per event) from our AOTC viewings and some local events:
    -First Get FanForce Together at BK
    -Charity Premiere
    -TODAY/TCS5 Viewing
    -SingNet/POD Viewing (maybe by #starwars gang?)
    -Zouk Launching Party
    -Midnight Premiere
    -May 16th Parade and Premiere
    -June 8th Taka Contest

2) A Costuming Webpage

I can do it but will need others to contribute too! ;)

I recommand the following subtitles under this link:
    -List Of Costumes Shops, Fabric Locations/Shops, Misc. Costuming Stuffs shops (ArtFriends, Saga City etc) + Feedbacks
    -Tutorials & Advices! :D (I can roughly do for some costumes)
    -Members Costume Pictures
    -Costuming Links

Basically our FAQ Page which link should be placed at the top of the board too when we figure out how to change it's looks. ;)

We can also add in a summary of our FanForce History IF the oldies here remembered or know when this board was actully established/started, it's pioneering members etc.

4) A Singapore Webpage

LOL! We should as some American may think we're living in the Lost City in USA! Or we are part of China! :eek:

Maybe here we can also put up a little page or link to another (official) webpage on where to visit when visiting Singapore (aka tourism promotion! :D )

5) A SW Collection Webpage

Collectors' Shops addresses, feedbacks, how to get there, links and such. Can use what we have under the SW Collectors' Hangout and other SW Merchandise related threads.

Subtitles under this section can be:
    -Collectors' Shop Address
    -Feedbacks about sellers/shops
    -Members' Collection & Pictures
    -Local Collectibles
    -Links

I also recommand that we create a Contact Us e-mail address for the website where the City Rep, Vice-CR, Secretary and Webmaster/s have access to.

We could create a Photo Album for random photos or SW Images from the members too.

A Mailing List at MSN or Yahoo! Groups (http://groups.yahoo.com one! Not .sg or .uk etc ones as those clubs there are not link to the main Y!Group Website) can also be created in case of this board breakdowns or for announcements but this is not neccessary.

So basically, I see the following links on the webpage:
    -About Us/FAQ
    -Members
    -Events
    -Costuming
    -Collectors Place
    -Singapore 'N' Us
    -Links
    -Contact Us
    -Mailing List (Optional)

Think we can start having it done around Dec when everyones, especially the IT/Web Masters are available again. ;)

4. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    dammit, GREAT BRAINSTORMIN!

the #starwars ppl actually wanted to do a local chan webpage, but everyone's too busy with sch to do anything about it.

now since u've brought it up, we can do some merger or something. my web designing skills are crap(used to be 1337 ._.)

but i noe lotsa ppl in #starwars who are 1337 web designers and are Flash proficient, but they got sch... so many we'll discuss this finish first b4 we allocate work and start on anything?

5. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Faiz, are you available on Weekends? Maybe we can discuss this further at the next Meeting.

Website no hurry actually since everyone every busy. ;)

(Ps: I unlikely to go mIRC lately cause the unlimited Internet I gotten from sis actually need to pay the phone bills at $0.10/min! I gonna get killed over the phone bills soon. Must get my SingNet account connected again this Mon.)

6. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    LOL! nv trust unlimited 56k lines, u still have to pay for the damn phone bill, get singnet BB, value for money, esp the 256k one
    (i'm a pacnet loyalist, but pacnet expensive, thats y i dun recommend pacnet, but pacnet got lotsa free gifts, esp a handphone i think)

http://www.pacific.net.sg/consumer/Broadband/Personal/Promotions/

well if its a sat, then i'll prolly be able to make it during the first half of the day, coz usually my work starts at 3pm. but if u guys are planning to hold a meeting this coming sat, i'm not sure if i'm working(or if i am, same time or not) coz holland v delifrance is closing from monday onwards due to renovations. i'll be temp. transfered to tanglin mall's branch. ^^

7. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Basically our FAQ Page which link should be placed at the top of the board too when we figure out how to change its looks.

Try here: FanForce Board Customisation FAQ Version 2.0

Some suggestions from looking at a few of the other FanForces' websites:

• Announcements

• Upcoming meetings/events

• Buy/Trade list

• Countdown to Episode III

8. JediGenX

JediGenX Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I might be able to help you all on weekends only since I am in NS. Can PM me on the weekend you all want to meet up to discuss about the website.

9. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    I think every idea that had been listed was good and original.
    If you guys need ANY help, financialy or physicaly, just give me the word.
    If everyone do their little part on this ,
    things will be done in no time.

May the force be with you.

10. L0rd-NyaX

L0rd-NyaX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    Yeah a webbie bet. #starwars and the board would be great..
    May not be part of the core group here, but I'll try to help.. Just ask. :)

11. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    So post any more recommandation everyone got here. ;) Like on Format (plain, Flash, Frames etc), color schemes and especially location.

We most likely start full swing during the vacations out of respect for most of the members' here who are still studying so now is just recommandation and brainstorming. :)

12. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Hmm, what kind of pictures you all think we can put into the Website top banner picture? Maybe the Singapore Skyline background with some of the SW gang in Tatooine/Endor/Yavin/Naboo clothings in the front? :D

How about Padme or Leia with shopping bags "screeming" CHEAP! CHEAP and the rest of the SW Characters carrying lots of shopping boxes for the gal, cartoon picture for the SW Collection or Singapore Page? ;) (Ps: This idea was doddle aka Star Park style by me 2 years ago during Chemistry!)

13. Obi-Dan_Kenobi

Obi-Dan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2002
    yeah, it all sounds good and besides the SW collectors page that i definitely will need, the rest of the suggestions will really be a great asset. Great ideas pple and i'll try to help in any way i can. jus keep me posted :)

14. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000

Basically our FAQ Page which link should be placed at the top of the board too when we figure out how to change it's looks.

We can also add in a summary of our FanForce History IF the oldies here remembered or know when this board was actully established/started, it's pioneering members etc.

I'll PM an admin to add the link to the website at the top of the board when the webpage is ready. As of now, only the admins can do it.

I probably can write in a bit about FF Singapore, 'coz I was around when the FF boards moved over to Snowboards. It's a pity that howlrunner22's not around anymore, or he'd be able to write in his bit too.

BTW, any plans for a custom banner for FF Singapore? I just saw the new FF Denmark banner, and I like the way they put their flag in the background. :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    BTW, any plans for a custom banner for FF Singapore?

What I can recommand is to put the Singapore skyline (probably the usual Raffle Place area) as the banner background with the main SW characters all wearing sunglasses or hat in front. :p

16. bobafett81

bobafett81 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Can I suggest that we dun add tooo much Singapore elements into the site...

many US sites doesn't mix Star Wars with USA...

It's all right to add a scetion on Singapore... but mustn't mix Singapore with Star Wars.

That's my views...

17. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, we'll just briefly touch about Singapore; the usual special dates (1819, 1962 & 1965) and a general summary of the population, economy and lifestyle. There'll be links to other sites that talks more about Singapore (like http://www.sg/) for those who want to know more. ;)

18. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Erm, will we ever be starting on this? :confused:

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Probably during the school holiday. :( Unless someone volunteer to start on it now.

I can't start on anything too (I volunteer to do the Costuming Page) as I got no good website building programs currently.

20. Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2001
    why not a pic of changi airport but with xwings , Ties etc...in place of the 747s?

raffles carring a lightsaber???

or putting all those jedi at the end of EP II(the arenal scene) in the national stadium?

21. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, new recommandation from the last thread we had about members' particulars:

Since our FanForce is still quite small and the no. of actively posting members is even more smaller, we could have a Members' Particular Page for each members here. It can contain the following items, depending on each members preferences:
    -Half Body Photo Shot (of Member; can be replaced by having a blank photo frame or Pre-Provided Photo like the Icon here)
    -Real Name
    -User Name (here)
    -Nickname
    -Company/School
    -Contact (can be HP no., Y!ID etc )
    -Website Address
    -About The Member (you talk about yourself here ;) )

It'll not be compulsory and members can opt to have that page or not and what can be posted there. ;)

Opinions and other recommandations?

22. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Costuming Tutorials
    Like the ones on your web DE.
    Lightsaber Making Tutorial
    This will help FANATICS build their own non-working Lightsaber

23. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    I really got to redo my Website and redistribute the files among several usernames (last count for the amount of files was 45MB but now Tripod reduce free space to 25MB :eek: ) soon.

Err, anyone got original MS Frontpage 2000 to lent me? :D Pirated ones seems to cost more now ($18 compared to ~$10 when first saw it in 2000 :_| ).

24. bluebereft

bluebereft Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2002
    Abt. the events thing, try a calendar script.

Questions I have to ask:
    1. Where will it be hosted?
    2. Are you sure about using Frontpage? I was thinking on the lines of Dreamweaver.
    3. Are you sure you should put members' particulars up?

Anyway, things are getting a lot more interesting... I like!

25. Darth_Eagle

Jul 19, 2001
    Heehee, basic particulars aka The Rebel Legion and Yahoo!ID style, and it's not compulsary (anyone can opt out of it ;) ). No home addresses, no home phone; even handphone I think most people will opt out of displaying it. It kinda gonna be like our Profile page here.

Anyhow, that'll be the 2nd thing to do after we settle the main sections as agreed to previously (above). :)

The host for the website, still up to the decisions and offers of the members here. Think we better opt out for Tripod, Angelfire & Geocities for the main one unless someone is gonna pay the fee to have no ads and our own special address. ;)

MS Frontpage, that's for my website, lah! I kinda more familiar to it and kinda want to quickly relaunch my website (if you didn't notice, lots of images are starting to disappeared from the website since the Tripod system had deleted them to reduce my usage from the 45MB to their current free 25MB :_| But I had saved most of the pages before they started snipping so no harm done, yet).

Dreamweaver will be used to redo the whole of my websites (I want to give it a new look soon!) and maybe those sections I'm suppose to do for our FanForce Website. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.