main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shaak Ti coming to Salem, MA

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by HARRISONSCOMICS, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HARRISONSCOMICS

HARRISONSCOMICS Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2004
    Orli Shoshan - better known as Shaak Ti, Jedi Master from episodes II & III; will be coming to Harrison's Comics & Collectibles on Saturday, November 6th for an autograph signing. She will be there from Noon-4:00 P.M.

Harrison's Comics & Collectibles
    252 Essex St. Salem, MA 01970
    (978)741-0786 www.harrisonscomics.com

2. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Cool! she's a hottie!

3. Meriween

Meriween Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2004
    I approved this ad, so it can stay.

4. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah, this kind of ad is ok since many of us have actually been to this store and absolutely love it there. It's not just some random convention that isn't even in our state. :p

Sounds fun...and I was actually thinking about heading up there that day anyway! What an awesome coincidence. :)

5. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    She is a hottie!

It seems that the geeky stars are lined up in Boston's favor!

Enjoy folks!
    ~DG~

6. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    GET ME HER NUMBER!!!!

Ok, seriously, you guys have fun, and she is definately a hottie!

7. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    I will be there in Costume.

Ed do you have her sig on pic yet ? If not want one ????

TO REAPER ??

IF so let me know, and I'lll get for you for convention in few weeks ok

Justin Manning

8. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Well, even if it wasn't approved, I was just going to announce it anyway since I just came from there and saw a flyer for it :)
    I'm definately going to be there!

9. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    I met Orli yesterday....she's pretty cute!

10. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    see, told ya! :p

11. tk7602

tk7602 Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2004
    she's also going to be at pandemonium in harvard square on friday night (the 5th)

12. SciFiFanBoston

SciFiFanBoston Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2004
    ORLI SHOSHAN who portrays SHAAK TI - MASTER JEDI from Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones AND Episode III: Revenge of the Sith will be in Massachusetts this weekend.

November 5th, Friday 6-8pm at
    Pandemonium Books in Cambridge, MA
    www.pandemoniumbooks.com

November 6th, Saturday Noon-4pm at
    Harrison's Comics and Collectibles in Salem, MA
    www.harrisonscomics.com

ORLI SHOSHAN (Shaak Ti) will be in to sign autographs. 8x10 glossy photos of her in character will be available, and she's also happy to sign Star Wars stuff you bring.
    http://www.orlishoshan.com/OrliStarWars.html

This is a very rare opportunity to ask that burning question you have about Episode III. (Not that she'll answer all of them, since her "Uncle George" has a very good attorney.)

Her appearance is sponsored by the
    International Science Fiction Federation (ISFF)
    an all sci-fi and fantasy organization,
    and their NEW local group, the Boston-area Sci-fi Fantasy Association
    www.isff.org

13. JEDIMASTER6872

Apr 5, 2004
    Ohhh CR please PM ME or read on lol

Cause...
    If your there over the weekend or plan on going please let me know when... I will give you cash for the BR tshirt then

Justin

14. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Justin - I will be there with Dex and Lisa on Saturday in Salem. If you're there and can't find me for some reason, just call my cell. :)

If anyone else is interested in going, Lisa and I are taking the 11:30am train out of North Station like we did for the meet, so you're welcome to join us. Just let me know ahead of time so that we can look for you!

15. JEDIMASTER6872

Apr 5, 2004
    Roseanna,

When you get arrested by a TK, I will be smiling lol

See you there... How much do I owe ya again ????

Justin

16. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    2 t-shirts=$24! :)

And me, arrested? HA! I'd like to see someone try. ;)

17. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Just in case there are any stupid people like me who don't realize this, autographs are $20, period. Based on the flyers I saw for the Pandemonium signing, I thought it was $20 to buy the glossy photo to have her autograph, but you could bring your own stuff -- that was the implication I perceived anyway. Not having $20 to spend on a picture, I showed up with my Jedi: Shaak Ti comic in hand. She signed it to me and then signified that I was to give her twenty dollars. I was quite taken aback. She didn't understand why I didn't understand. When I finally managed to explain she was very nice about it and let me leave, and I scuttled embarrasedly out of the store. But I thought I should make sure anyone who might be planning on going for an autograph in Salem realizes this to avoid difficulty and embarrassment. I assume the rules will likely be the same.

-Paul

18. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Sorry to hear that! :(

19. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    At least she was nice about it. I'm sure there's many a celeb that wouldn't have been quite so understanding...

And don't feel too terribly about your error, because I made a similar one in San Diego. Stupid C2 Ventures advertised that an exclusive San Diego Comic-Con print would be $5 more above regular autograph prices. Silly me assumed that meant they had non-exclusive prints available, but no. They meant you could bring your own stuff to get signed for $5 less. Worst advertising ever! I had already planned on getting exclusive prints for most of the celebs anyway but I still wish I would've known ahead of time. The lady selling autograph tickets probably thought I was an idiot... :p

I figured she'd be charging for her autograph anyway (since I didn't see any ads to the contrary...well, any ads at all for that matter :p)...there are very few celebs that sign stuff for free. A lot of artists do (for example, our sponsored guest at the con this month, Joe Corroney). When I was in San Diego, Dean Haglund, the Lone Gunman from the X-Files with long blond hair, was signing for free when he didn't have to be. He's one of the nicest celebs I've ever met, and I've been lucky enough to meet him twice. :)

20. tk7602

tk7602 Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2004
    Here are some photos from the day:

http://501neg.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=196

I'll let the promoter that was hosting Orli know about the confusion on the advertising, so that they she can avoid mixups in the future.

21. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    I can see a little bit of the side of my head in one of those pics! :D

I had such a nice time yesterday in Salem! It was nice to see Roseanna and Dex again and Orli was such a sweet person. I really enjoyed talking to her! Whoo! I am so glad we went!

22. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    The side of my head makes an appearance too! :)

I'm very glad I went. She was amazingly nice, a lot of fun to talk to. One of my better Star Wars celeb experiences. :)

Thanks again to both Dex and Lisa for enduring my terrible Spanish speaking skills and for helping me film all over Salem! I'll be sure to post a link to the video once it's up. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I had to make a video for my Spanish class about some aspect of my Bostonian existence for a collaborative website, http://mitupv.mit.edu. I decided to make one about Salem, hitting the Visitor Center, the Salem Witch Museum, Ye Olde Pepper Companie, the Witch House, the Pirate Museum, and finally Harrison's. It took a loooooong time but I'm hoping the video comes out well. :)

EDIT: OH! And how can I forget, it was also very nice to meet some of the 501st/Rebel Legion folks as well. :)

23. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Sounds like it was fun! Good luck with your video! :)

24. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    It was a fun time! Nice to put faces with a couple more forum names :)
    Orli was super super nice. Not a lot of people showed up while we were there so we got to chat with her for a good amount of time. Here's our pic with her. Try to ignore me I look a bit goofy :p
    FYI: Always assume there will be a fee for an autograph ;) The flyer the had promoting her appearance in Salem said there would be a fee. And it was made clear in the area she was signing in.

25. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Yay for picture! I didn't realize how crazy my hair looked though...oh well. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.