main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shaak Ti - Who kills who

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Count_Katarn, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Shaak Ti - Who kills her?

Apparently whoever George feels like that day. It was Grievous and then Anakin ... who knows what he didn't film, but thought of. ;):p

2. DARK_ANIMILADY

DARK_ANIMILADY Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2003
    There is a new set diary in the official site about this subject. Maybe a gentle Hyperspace member can post us a summary here.

The Cruel Fate of Shaak Ti starwars.com

3. PADMELUVA

PADMELUVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    it still doesn't make clear how she dies, or if she dies, in terms of continuity.

4. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    The Set Diary says that she was supposed to be in the film twice. Mentioned in the OSB by Anakin and killed on-board the Invisible Hand by Grievous, that was later cut from the film. During pick-up's she was to have a new death, to be killed by Vader in her meditation chambers, but because of continuity issues that was cut out of the film as well. She only has one brief appearance in the film during Yoda's talk with the holographic Jedi Council on Kashyyyk.

My take: She died sometime during the Jedi Temple raid. Its clear George wanted her dead if he took the time to shoot not only one death scene, but two.

5. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005

.... and the man [face_skull] who killed her will live long enough to boast about it ...

6. Darthchicken93

Darthchicken93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    It was Anakin. It says so in the novel. She was meditating in the temple when he came with the clone troopers.

7. MasterGamjolltek

MasterGamjolltek Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    I'll watch the cartoon again, but im pretty sure that she doesn't actually survive. That she dies then and there. And if so that is the real evidence to her death. Im sure she does, she dies as Mace gets there

8. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    your mistaken^ greivous merely ties her up, and what you interpret as death, is actually her shamefully looking to the side, as she feels she failed to protect the chancellor from grievous.

she is in the movie, as a hologram member of the council.

9. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    It was Anakin. It says so in the novel. She was meditating in the temple when he came with the clone troopers.

Beware of that phrase. The novel is not on the same level as the films. Though we see nothing in the film that would contradict that...

10. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005

she survived the cartoons; and i might even suggest that the confrontation btw her and grevious in the cartoons was going to climax in the movie with her death

alas, no more

11. aerith97

aerith97 Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2005
    I can't believe you're saying she died in the cartoons. She's in Episode III (as a hologram). Or I guess you can say she died "then and there" and she learned how to be a ghost along with Qui-gon. But I'm pretty sure she didn't learn that skill.

And I know she was mentioned in the novel, however it only said she was meditating, not her death scene.

George did shot the scene twice but included neither. So I'm not sure what that says, but it doesn't necessarily mean he wanted it to be in the story line since he didn't include either one of them.

I just feel odd that her death wasn't mentioned at all in the movie while she was such a prominent character in the cartoons, and mentioned more often in the novel. The cartoons were accepted as official storyline right?

12. PADMELUVA

Nov 20, 2004
    it would be cool if shaak ti makes it into the tv series. perhaps thats why he ultimatly cut her death scene?

13. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    aerith97 posted:
    George did shot the scene twice but included neither. So I'm not sure what that says, but it doesn't necessarily mean he wanted it to be in the story line since he didn't include either one of them.
    [hr][/blockquote]
    Well, the fact that he took the time to give a background Jedi a fitting death scene not once but twice tells me that he wanted it to be in the story, but then decided it was better off to imply that she was killed instead of actually seeing her be killed.

I personally think she?s dead but you never know, she might've survived. For all we know she could end up in the TV series.

14. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    She is dead Jim

15. Iceman_X

Iceman_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2005
    Im still confused on why she had to be cut

16. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Damn theres alot of confusion about shaak's fate here. Im telling you all GRIEVOUS KILLS HER CAUSE HES ONE BAD MOTHER FREAKER! HE KILLED HER AND SHE SCREAMED IN PAIN! AND HE TOOK HER LIGHTSABER TO COLLECT AND PLACE ON HIS BELT.

ABOUT SHAAK, Id hit it! :)

17. YTMND

YTMND Jedi Master star 5

Nov 22, 2004
    And she'd hit you right back,sicko.

18. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    And she'd hit you right back,sicko.

LOL, man chill! You know shaak is hot! id hit it, just like id hit Ayla secura! hell ya! NO shame here!

19. YTMND

YTMND Jedi Master star 5

Nov 22, 2004
    I think it is gross that anybody,including yourself talk about how you would like to have intercourse with Aliens in a fictional universe.

It's weird,you're weird.

20. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    Ok, so im weird! get over it kid!

And stay on topic please.

21. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    Darth_Turkey posted:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    She's in a jedi council scene? What part in the movie? I have seen it a few times but have yet to see her. She's pretty cool. It's weird how one charicter can be latched onto by the fans so collectivly. like Boba-fett. I bet if lucas knew how the fans would react he would not have cut her scene out.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If Lucas based his editing on fan reactions the movie would be 8 hours long and one giant mishmash of randomness. It would make less sense than ever!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You're right of coarse, i simply ment it seems impossible to tell which of the so-called smaller parts will actually shine through and become a mojor player. The very fact this thread has been going as long as it has is due to a common liking of this Shak Ti. The Jedi who died on the speeder bike was'nt recognisable to me, yet she got a cool death sceene, where as Shak Ti's was cut. I'm simply stating that perhaps if it was obvious at the time how well liked her charicter was that maybe lucas would of given her suitable death sceen in the movie instead of some lesser known charicter.

22. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    [image=http://www.501frenchgarrison.com/news/stdy2/shaakti.jpg]

You wouldnt hit that? lol, man whats with you!!

23. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    That's probably the best post of all time.

24. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    That's probably the best post of all time.

SUP POOJ!
    I try :D

SWA

25. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    How annoyed would you be if you had to don that make-up and costume which probably takes hours, shoot not one but two death scenes, and you were practicly cut from the whole film?

Fingers crossed there'll be a little light shed on her demise on the DVD, as well there should be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.