main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Shaak Ti

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalonx, Sep 11, 2015.

1. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    A thread to discuss Master Shaak Ti of the Jedi Order.

She was a serene female Togruta Jedi and supposedly a fairly reputed Jedi in the Old Republic. She was also one of the younger generation, featured in AOTC briefly and also in TCW. Humorosly she has had several last stands in many mediums and various outfits.

She was meant to be a calm Jedi often reflective and contemplative. TCW portrayed her as being less of the cheeky sort (like Aayla Secura) and less of action (Luminara Unduli) or as athletic as Adia Gallia for instance, but nevertheless she was powerful in her own way and drew a funny "ooooh" from citizens when she displayed her ability to leap vast distances using the Force. Shaak Ti also featured in Labrynth of Evil protecting the Supreme Chancellor.

Would have been cool to see more female Jedi like Shaak Ti, Aayla Secura, Stass Allie, Luminara Undili, Adia Gallia featured and explored more often!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Shaak Ti......a Togruta I actually like.

Darth Basin, missile, Sudooku and 7 others like this.
  3. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    I must say TCW made her a very likeable character and that was from the little that we got to see. It's a shame she didn't feature more. She was rather nice. It gave us variety to have more Jedi featured. E.g. A slightly different style to an Aayla (athletic and cheeky) or Adia (bad ass). She seemed like more in line with Obi Wan's mantra of patience.

Would have been interesting to see her work with other Jedi or on the battlefield or with other civilians/citizens.

Darth Basin and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  4. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Shaak Ti was probably my favorite Council Member from TCW.

5. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    She should have learned more to watch her back.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well she has mastered immortality with dieing 3 times. :p

7. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    They need to make up their mind about how she dies. I prefer Galen Marek being the assassin myself, though I'd be satisfied with Grievous actually fighting her and doing it.

Anyway, wonderful character!

8. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I'm personally partial to the Grievous killing, myself. Although, that may be because the Battle of Coruscant arc is my favorite part of the old CW miniseries.

Darth Basin likes this.
  9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It ended with her being tied up in a bunch of energised cables but alive, though. I assumed Mace had removed her immediately from the cables after that moment, before rushing off to try and stop Grievous.

Darth Basin and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  10. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    She's one of the worst Jedi I have seen.

11. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    The whole Grievious killing her was never canon. Her canon death before the new canon was by Galen. Now the closest thing we have gotten to a canon death is her being stabbed by Anakin. Still, not even that has been 100 percent confirmed to have happened.

Darth Basin likes this.
  12. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    She was cool in the micro series. Especially when she fought the magnaguards single handed.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    They need to figure out how she died or what happened to her.

Darth Basin and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  14. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    Shaak Ti would be an interesting character to follow through the Order 66 event. How would she view it, given her deep caring for the clones? No Jedi would have felt like they knew the clones better than Shaak Ti. If she survives Order 66, given her peaceful, contemplative nature in TCW, I could see her as a Jedi trying to preserve knowledge of the Force and/or using it to help people without being a warrior-type. An interesting contrast to the path that Kanan and Ezra have taken...

15. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    "Deep caring"

lmao

16. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    ummm... I didn't mean that to be awkward. How about "genuine caring"... in both Rookies and the Fives, she seemed like she actually cared for the clones as people, rather than war assets. As a result, she could feel the most betrayed... or be unwilling to accept clones = "bad guys."

Darth Basin likes this.
  17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    She cared more for her own conscience than the clones, or she would have done more to end the use of the clones, all the injustices were right in her face. She is the antithesis to what a Jedi should be.

DarthTalgus likes this.
  18. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    I think she has a great appearance in Labrynth of Evil, first joining forces with Master Windu and clone commandos in the hunt for the Sith Lord on Coruscant, then during the Battle of Coruscant (which we join toward the middle/end in ROTS) she is assigned to protect Chancellor Palpatine, but Grievous outwits her using deception.

I think Shaak Ti is a brilliant character. Valairy Scot it was great to see female Jedi like her shown more, especially from the days of the Old Republic. Wish we had seen more female leads like her and more of her generation of Jedi. Having more of her, Aayla, Adia, Stass, Starstone, etc would have been a nice touch to explore the Jedi and the variety in both the order and the galaxy.

She was great in the Kamino training arcs. Very reflective, delicate and graceful.

19. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

I was thinking of the deleted scene from ROTS in which Grievous stabs her from behind while she's his captive, and I was also thinking of that vision Yoda had during TCW in which a blue lightsaber stabs her from behind, which is probably Anakin, though I'd prefer it to be Grievous. I'd either prefer that awesome chase/fight scene Grievous had in the 2-D Clone Wars episode, or him having a different type of fight with Shaak Ti with him winning. This is a rather morbid discussion, certainly, but my point is that I wouldn't want her to go out behind stabbed from behind without a fight. Better for her to go down against either Grievous or Anakin/Vader, or later on after a terrible duel with Galen Marek. I partially like that because of her line to Starkiller: "Your boy. The Sith always betray one another, but you'll learn that soon enough."

Darth Basin and DarthTalonx like this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Well guys it's official

Shaak Ti survived the initial days of order 66.

Party time!

21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Where did you get this from?

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Star Wars #9 where she says in her Holocron that she watched the Jedi die

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  23. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    That's amazing. I'm so happy to hear that. :) And thanks for letting me know.I wonder how long she lived for after? Or if she is even still alive?

24. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    Well, some random Hutt collector on Nar Shaddaa has her holocron so... I'd say her days were pretty numbered.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    although she still survived Order 66 which only took place over one day before being changed to the Purge so she still survived the initial killing.

DarthTalonx likes this.