main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shackled Past - Luke & Mara AU - Completed 10/28 - Voted Best Romance at the JC for 2001

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by RebelMom, Oct 22, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awwwww I still love the baby part :D I like your small changes, and just everything! You write admirably well... (It's no wonder I picked ya for my beta ;))

I won't breath the word sequel... but I will breathe... Requisite Boredome... mauhahahaha ;)

2. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Wonderful story, RM!

So vividly written!

Looking forward to more of your writing, thought I would imagine you are going to take a much deserved break. ;)

3. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    RebelMom, ive not been reading this fic long...but wow. That was amazing...to imagine a whole year on a fic! Thats incredible tha you could do that...thats a wonderful end to the story. Wow wow wow. I love your stuff that i have read on other fanfic sites, and i CANT WAIT for you next story, though if you want a long, long, break, no one can blame you!

4. IellaWessiriNRI

IellaWessiriNRI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    [face_love] [face_love]

that was beautiful... absolutely beautiful. I'm glad i stuck this out to the end... :)

5. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Ditto..

Great ending to a great story..

as for a sequal.lol yea take your time and rest your brain!!

Thanks RM!!!

Maxim he he cute name

6. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Truly a beautiful ending. You had so many nice little touches scattered throughout the story that it shouldn't have surprised me to see the baby's name at the end.

I won't bother you about writing more either, but I noticed that Kirawyn's motives were never really explained--was she trying to get Callista to leave Luke? Why would she kill her mistress whom she adored so thoroughly? Ah, well. I'm also curious about what Luke was going to show Mara, but I loved her reaction to it. Moving on with the future is often more important than dwelling on the past; if Luke has been freed from his past he should let it go.

Thank you for such an enjoyable journey.

7. PSF

PSF Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 1999
    I've been lurking here for about six months. I almost never post but since you specifically asked for those of us who lurk to respond, I wanted to thank you for a wonderful story. Your writing style is entertaining to read. Throughout all the twists and turns it remained "real". Thank you

8. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    (look of confusion)

Can you explain about the name? I didn't understand the significance.

That was a wonderful ending to a great story!

9. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    "Maxim" DeWinter was the... primary male (can you call him the protagonist?) in DuMorier's "Rebecca," on which some of this story was based.

10. JediCrazy

JediCrazy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    that was an awesome ending!! Mara and luke are going to make such great parents!

Man, what is it that Luke was going to tell her ?? ;)

As a reader that's been following this story from the start, i'll have to say that it was a great ride. Best story that i have read on these forums! I'm sorry to see it all end. But i was really curious and wanted my questions answered.. ;)

You have such an amazing talent.! i can't wait to read your next story. I'm sure it's as wonderful as this one was.

11. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    *Sniff* That was SO good! You did a wonderful job - I can't wait to see your next story :)

12. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    Maaaaan, I've been a year reading this! WOW!! And I don't regret a moment!!

BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO!!

*low voice* Encore! encore!

13. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Its funny, I am like on the verge of crying. :p

It was a beautiful ending RebelMom. It had a natural flow and left the reader satisfied.

Its funny to look back and think that I have been reading this for a year. I cannot believe an author would captivate an audience for such a long time. But you really did, RM. Your story was beautifully written, and I hope that one day my writing techniques can be as professional quality as yours have.

Thanks for such a wonderful year of plots twists, romance, courtroom legal battles, baby Skywalker, and of course Lukie. :)

I'm looking forward to a sequel... ;)

Jaded Skywalker

14. Lari

Lari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2001
    [Lari hits self on head] How could I have missed this yesterday?!

that was wonderful!

Luke and Mara were "real" and so was the way you tied up the "loose ends."

I loved it that Mara told Luke she didn't need to know. I hate the whole "soap opera" mentality that a spouse has to share every last thing with their partner, even if it's something that makes them very uncomfortable. Sometimes, the best way to be a companion is by supporting them, and by giving them space.

Okay, I'm done with my speech.

Thanks for a wonderful story and a great year!

BTW, will this be archived on the Jaded Romantics page? I've noticed that it hasn't been updated in a while.

Bravo!

15. Tarado

Tarado Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2001

Can I tell you how much I LOVED this story! It was sooo good! I'm happy to have read it, but sad to see it end--but of course you DO deserve a vacation.

Will there be a sequel? Or will you start on a new L/M fic?

Congratulations for finishing such a terrific story!

16. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Darth Sore Throat turned into Darth Strep Throat and my workplace reminded me of Dagobah - I'm swamped. But I did promise to reply even if I'm a little late.

Melyanna: Thank you for reading. I really have no plans for a sequel. I think leaving a few questions makes it more fun.
    Padawan DiLee: I feel honored to have kept you reading for since you joined up. The idea with Luke's secret was to keep you wondering.
    Womprat: Thanks for the salute. It was fun to write, at least most of the time. There were times when it just didn't do what it was supposed to do. My break won't be as long as took me to write this. Believe it or not, I have been bitten by a plot bunny but have managed to keep it caged with the others until a later date.
    Mariah Jade: I'm leaving it up to you to make a guess. I can't tell you everything. And thanks so much reading.
    padawan Lunetta: I know, I told you I would work on it. I might have something for you when you get back from AZ.
    Senator Lorena: Thanks for reading. So teach, did I get an A? ;)
    Jaded of Mara: I appreciate your comments. It really wasn't hard to take a year to write this. I really bit off alot with the plot development. I was heading in a totally different direction when I started this. It was getting that plot under control that took time.
    IellaWessiriNRI: Thanks for sticking it out. I enjoyed hearing from you.
    Jade51999: I just had to use Maxim. I love to make references to other literature besides Star Wars.
    Marie Jadewalker: I was trying to be subtle with Kirawyn. When I originally wrote her, I tried to model her after Mrs. Danvers, but she came off totally different. I sprinkled a few hints in but I might need to put a few more in. During Mara's and Medeia's duel, Medeia told Mara that Kirawyn was jealous of Callista's love for Luke. Callista may have divorced Luke but she still loved him. The murder was accidental. She had planned only to confront her but something, we don't know what, happened and Callie was dead. I hope that clears up your question.
    PSF: Thank you so much for de-Lurking. I worked hard to keep the real aspect going. You're welcome.
    Jedi Liz: Thanks for reading. I got the name Maxim from Rebecca. I was paying homage to the male lead from the book, the character whose role Luke was taking.
    Jedi Crazy: *blush* Thanks for your kind comments. I think I'm driving everybody a little crazy with that line. Muhahahaha.
    RebelPrincess: Thank you. I'm sure I'll something in the future. Darn bunnies keep biting.
    Maul Brady: Thanks. I'm glad you hung around for the ride. I also appreciate those Ups.
    Jaded Skywalker: Thanks for your wonderful comments. I can't believe I didn't lose my audience during some of the longer gaps in posting. But I'm really glad you stayed. I really like writing Lukie too.
    Lari: You wouldn't believe how worried I was that this would end up too soap operaish and predictible. I'm glad you felt otherwise. I do plan on archiving at Jaded Romantics. The reason for lack of updates is that the Webmistress is completely buried in Real Life at the moment. I'm also planning on submitting it to the archive here.
    Tarado: Thanks. No sequel but I have a new L/M fic on the backburner.

17. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Just thought I'd show up fashionably late and stake a claim to the end of this story. :)

Hard to believe it took a whole year for this story to be told. :eek: I guess it was so enjoyable that time didn't matter.

18. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Thanks for showing up Herman. You should take a bow as well. Couldn't have finished it without your sage advice.

19. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    That was a really good story. It's nice to see a long thread like this come to such a great conclusion. From my own writing experience, I would say that taking a year to write this isn't that bad. Thanks for sharing your story with all of us; I really enjoyed reading it! :)

20. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    And I must make my comments about your latest post! It was sweet, just what a person really needs to read after suffering through a week of studying for tests and working on major project. :) I loved your story and my only regret was catching it so late in the process. You're a great writer RM, never give up on what you do because then us L/M lovers will have no one else to look up to!

21. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Just putting this up so that those who haven't finished it yet, can.

22. KnightMara

KnightMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    Thanks for bringing this up to the top, RM! I missed it the first time. What a sweet ending! It seemed so honest and true, especially the descriptions of the baby!
    Truly wonderful as usual.

So, what am I going to read, now? :)

23. young_mara

young_mara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2001
    That was WONDERFUL, RM!!

24. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    When are you going to start posting your new L/M story?

25. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Jeff42: Thanks for reading. I appreciated your comments. And thanks for pointing out that one mistake about Vader's words.
    jade angel: Thanks. I haven't given up. Those darn plot bunnies keep attacking.
    Knight Mara: I was thinking of you when I upped it. I'm sure you'll find lots of good stories to read. I'm hoping some will be written by you.
    youngMara: Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.
    Mariah Jade: I'm doing something different with my next story. I'm going to write the entire thing, then I'll post it. So instead of torturing my readers unintentionally, I'll be doing it intentionally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.