main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shaded Prism: Drabble Series (UDC 5)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DaenaBenjen42, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Yay for more AT-AV!! :D I loved them all.

It's lovely to think Bail sent AT-AV to Leia before he died.

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Hazel: Thank you, Hazel. :)

Jade_eyes: Thank you. :)

Tarsier: It is. It most certainly is. Thank you. :)

Week 6 (08.11.06) UDC 1

26. water

The drops fell slowly from her hand as she raised it from the water, admiring the simplicity of nature. A hand on her shoulder reminded her there was something to attend to, and she would, but for just this moment all that mattered was finding her center before she had to go and do her duty.

"Leia?" her father asked, patiently.

She sighed and dipped her hand into the pond again, lifted it, and watched as the drops fell again. So, so simple. "Now?"

"Now."

Slowly, she dried her hand off, put on her best neutral smile, and nodded. She followed him, glancing back only once to see the pond still and silent again in the garden.

27. fire

The smell didn't register until they'd gotten away from the tie fighter scouts, but now he couldn't not notice as the young man slept restlessly in the cockpit chair next to him. Underneath everything else was a familiar tang of burnt material that only came from close contact. He glanced at the youth and wondered what had happened for it to still be that strong. What had they been running from, him and the old man? Aside from the obvious, anyway.

A beeping directed his attention to the instruments, and he sighed. Nearly to where ever and whatever Yavin was, weather it really was a Rebel Base or not.

28. earth

The ground was firm beneath his feet as he stood, waiting for the AT-AT walker to notice him as he walked out from the tree line. He did so knowing that there was no turning back, no running away. Not now, here on this moon.

A voice from the cockpit of the walker standing over him commanded him to stop where he was, and soon he was surrounded by stormtroopers, armor glinting white in the subdued light from the landing pad.

“I surrender,” he said, when finally asked questions. “I am alone.”

They, of course, did not believe him.

29. air

As she drew him back into the circle, back to the warmth of the celebration, he took a deep breath and wondered at how the air felt different. As if it, too, were sighing in relief after a long, dark, and windy sand storm.

Next to him, Leia began to laugh, and then Han chuckled, and Chewie roared, and suddenly he found himself joining them out of sheer relief.

It had been a long, long day... week... months... years, even.

30. spirit

The electricity tore through him as he hoisted his master up and rushed to the hole. Tore at his every nerve, through his bones, right down to his soul. It cascaded and flashed... and then suddenly, with a painful heave, all was silent and still and he could only stare down into the endless pit, gasping from the shock and unable to move.

He almost didn’t feel the arms that drew him back, nor the hand that grabbed at his in comfort. He only saw, for a moment, her smiling face in his mind’s eye. For a moment, he wondered if she would have approved...

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful set and great to see these continuing. =D=

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice sets and please continue

5. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    A/N: I think I've flat out ignored the call of the drabble long enough... (And thank you, Jade_eyes and earlybird.)

Tags: earlybird-obi-wan , Jade_eyes , JediFalcon , Mira_Jade , dancing_star

Week 6 (10.29.07) UDC 2 - Jaina Solo and Jagged Fel

26. Shirt

She picked through the clothes in the closet, not sure what to do with them, and tugged a simple shirt off the hanger. Staring at it for long minutes, she sank first to her knees and then all the way to the floor without really thinking about it.

This was the shirt she'd seen him wearing the day before he left for his mission. She sniffed it, then shook her head. His shirt, but it didn't smell like him, and that's what she wanted right then.

When her mother found her an hour later, Jaina's eyes were closed in remembrance of him and his unique scent.

27. Pants

The temptation was to extricate himself slowly from her arms, find his pants, and forget they'd just spent the night sharing something so intimate. They shouldn't have done this... this passionate thing they'd done.

She stirred and looked right into his panicked eyes, smiled. "Still here?"

"Only just."

"Then this wasn't my imagination. We really..."

He chuckled. "Yes, Goddess. We really did."

"Can I keep you?"

The question startled him, and at first he didn't know how to answer. Could she? Would it even be allowed? Was it right that they be together? Staring back at her, it was confusing and wonderful all at once.

28. Dress

It wasn't the first dress she'd worn in his presence, but it was by far the most memorable... a soft blue, off the shoulder with a modest but still suggestive neckline, and ankle length with a slit running to her thigh. She smiled at him, and took his arm. He returned the smile, and off they went into the Coruscanti night.

It was by no means the first or last dress he had ever seen her in, but it was memorable for another thing as well: this was their first actual date which did not involve the war effort.

29. Uniform

Jaina smiled and picked an invisible piece of lint off of the small boy’s shoulder, intent on prolonging this moment for just that much longer. Then she nodded at his father, who was standing in the doorway, watching them. “What do you think? Ready?”

Jag blinked at her, confused. “Ready for what?”

“To take your son to his first day of school,” she told him patiently. “Remember?”

“I... yes.”

Their son joined them in the doorway and Jaina smiled, thankful that the boy was too young to realize his father was in a state of shock.

30. Cloak

He wasn’t used to seeing her in official Jedi wear and the cloak was disconcerting as he watched her out of the corner of his eye while the meeting progressed. She stood near the door, at attention with the hood up, and if he hadn’t known better, he’d have sworn she was making faces under there at various politicians.

When the meeting adjourned, the hood came down, and she smiled at him before leading him to their quarters.

The cloak landed on the floor next to their bed and stayed there for three days.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet and lovely pieces

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo! Now, it's your turn to get a squee! Yum-tum on your J/J. :) Thanks for showing their sweet moments, memorable and intimate to just they two. [:D] [face_dancing]

8. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan : Thank you. :)

Jade_eyes : [:D]

Tags: Hazel , JediFalcon , dancing_star

Week 6 - 10/4/08 - prompts provided by Zonoma - UDC 3 – Minor Characters

26. Arm (In response to Minor Character Roulette #37: Chalmun the Wookiee)

His arm had fallen asleep. That was the first thing he realized when he heard the noise from the main room of the cantina. The second thing he realized was that he’d taken an unintentional nap while reviewing the accounting logs for the quarter. He took a moment to bark a chuckle to himself before going to see what the commotion had been about.

A blaster-induced hole in a wall and the clean-up of a severed arm later, Chalmun decided he’d rather have stayed in his office.

At least in there, Wuher tended to forget he existed for brief periods of time and there were no Stormtroopers asking odd questions.

27. Leg (Grondorn Muse)

It had come down the pike so suddenly that he didn’t have a leg to stand on. He was blacklisted now and no one would hire him for a gig of any sort. Standing there in the doorway of the living room of his Corellian apartment, it was almost unreal. Blacklisted for an idea... lots of ideas, all of them controversial?

He shook his head, went to pack everything he could into a bag, and then set out into the streets of Coronet. There were like-minded people out there, and he was going to find them.

28. Antennae (Santa Claus... that one really IS there at the Wook. I kid you not.)

It was unknown where the red-suited person had come from with the bag, or even if it was one of the crew of the Independence. It was unknown... but like clockwork every twenty-fifth day of the twelth month of the year, there he was in the commissary with his back handing out gifts with a smile and a laugh.

The year that the Captain of the ship received a thermal detonator with a note saying “use it wisely” was particularly memorable.

29. Claw (Card Captor, stationed on Cloud City, Bespin)

The maintenance crew had returned from performing repairs to the city’s underbelly with a disturbing report: one of the antennas looked like it had been clawed at with fingernails. Being that those things were made of metal that stood up to high winds, he could only imagine how desperate someone must have been to make those. He wondered if they’d survived...

It was only later, after getting news from Home One, that he found out the person had indeed survived.

30. Tail (Victor Jun)

Everyone seemed to have a tail for weeks. It didn’t matter what species they were, or if they actually had tails. The more he thought about it, the less sense it made, so he chose to ignore the fact that everybody he’d been recruiting for the Rebellion had tails and it made no sense.

It was odd, week or two into this episode of everyone having tails, when suddenly one person didn’t have one and other people walking by did. That person did not get requited and never knew a Rebel Agent had even considered them.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Unique use of the prompts =D= Definitely not SW ;) but cool. @};-

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice use of the prompts from different area's

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Cool way to develop the prompts. :)

12. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, I remember doing these prompts way back when! What a fun walk down memory lane. And I love how you've used them. Claw, especially, was eerie and very well written!

13. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Jade_eyes : They were a little off to the side, yes... thank you. :)

Hazel : Thank you. :)

ginchy : Thank you, ginchy! :)

Tags: JediFalcon , dancing_star

Week 6 - 5/11/09 - prompts provided by brodiew - UDC 4 - Cray Mingla and Dolph of Almania

26. Gallant

She woke on an unfamiliar couch with a splitting headache, her mouth feeling like it was full of sand, and wondered what she'd done the night before. Pulling the blanket closer, Cray sat up slowly and looked blearily around the small apartment's living room in confusion.

Then she noticed a note beside a glass of water, a small white pill, and a tube of crackers. The note read: "Cray, when you wake, drink the water, take the aspirin, and have some crackers. I had to attend to something and will return shortly. -Dolph"

She stared at the note for a long moment. What kind of a name was Dolph?

27. Filial

Heeding the advice, she reached for the glass of water and took the aspirin. Then she stared at the tube of crackers as her headache began to subside to a dull and almost-ignorable throb. She didn't want to eat anything, not yet.

Pulling the blanket closer again, Cray relaxed into the couch cushions and just let herself be in the moment. Sooner or later, there would be a need for eating, and talking, and all the things that went with living day to day, but just then, as memories crashed over her of her failure... it hurt just to breathe.

28. Vexation

The owner of the odd name turned out to be a nice-looking young man whom she sort of recognized but couldn't place. Cray was chalking the faint familiarity with having met him the night before, but having been so smashed as to not remember it. "Was I awful?"

Standing at the stove cooking their lunch, Dolph chuckled. "No. Upset and inebriated, but not awful."

"Good."

"You can call me Doll any time you feel like it, too."

"Huh?"

He chuckled again and they feel into a comfortable silence, her wondering why he'd just given her permission to call him a Doll.

29. Sublime

"How did I end up here, instead of my own apartment?"

He glanced up at her, fork halfway to his mouth. "You sort of passed out before you could tell me where it was."

She frowned at him as he ate some more. Somehow, that made perfect sense, even if she was disappointed that it wasn't something more exotic. "Thank you."

"For?"

"Not making fun of me."

He shook his head slowly, met her eyes. "I never make light of other people's pain. Been there myself."

She was left to wonder what had happened to him.

30. Superficial

It was getting towards evening when she finally remembered at least some of the night before, of meeting him, but nothing more than that. It wasn't so much what was on the surface, but what she felt underneath. There was something there, like every other person she'd met since starting her Jedi training, but he was different. Anger... grief... sorrow... It echoed her own turmoil.

As he walked her to the door of her apartment that night, she kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you, Dolph. We should do this again sometime."

"Without the Ale next time," he told her seriously.

"I usually don't drink like that."

"Then yes, we should do it again."

14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Aww, Dolf sounds like a nice guy. ;)

DaenaBenjen42 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very nice chivalry blended with genuine kindness. :)

DaenaBenjen42 likes this.
  16. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    @Hazel : In that AU, sure... ;) Thank you. :)

Jade_eyes : Thank you. :)

Week Seven (June 28, 2010) UDC 5 - Wes Janson and Roganda Ismaren

31. Iron

It was hard to picture these people as allies for the first couple of weeks as she and her son did the best they could to stay out of everyone else's way. It was hard seeing them as anything other than the enemy, as people to be turned in without a moment's hesitation. It things had been normal, that's exactly what she would have done... until the day that she rounded a corner while looking for her son, and found him being comforted and helped up by an x-wing pilot.

She watched them for a minute, taking in how happy her son looked and how at ease the pilot was... and her opinion softened. Maybe it was a good thing that nothing was normal or as it should have been.

32. Challenge

They challenged her, these people from all corners of the Empire that wanted nothing more than it's total demise. She'd been brought up to think rebellion, however mild, was awful and warranted the strictest punishment imaginable. But these... people. They were different. They came from different planets and cultures, but they worked well together. They trusted.

Slowly, Roganda Ismaren began to trust them as well. After all... her son already did.

33. Stadium

It had been Irek's idea to go to a Smash Ball game, and Wes knew he should have been surprised at the sight of his step son talking to a girl animatedly, but he wasn't. Not at all. The boy had learned how to act around women by watching people at rebel bases interact... some of it had to rub off eventually. He glanced at the girl's mother, standing on the other side of the asile, and nodded to her. She simply smiled and rolled her eyes.

Ah. So it wasn't odd for the girl's mother, either. He wondered how he was going to explain to his wife that her son had developed a relationship with a girl at a Smash Ball game. Maybe Irek would beat him to it and save him the trouble.

34. Chairman

Wes arrived at their shared apartment on Coruscant to find Roganda supressing laughter as her son ran around with a towel tied like a cape around his neck. "What's going on?"

"I am Chairman!" Irek yelled as he ran past, now with a broom. "Defender against dust! And dirt!"

Wes blinked and looked at Roganda. "Chairman?"

"He wanted to be helpful," she told him between giggles. "And he's hyper."

Wes chuckled, and bent down to catch Irek when next he ran by. "Would the Chairman like to help with supper?"

"Yes!"

35. Chef

They stood in the doorway of the small room and watched the ten year old sleep the sleep of the innocent. Roganda chuckled softly. "So how much did he really help?"

Wes smiled. "Quite a bit, actually. And then he cleaned what got messy."

"Hmmm... think we'll have something to tease him about when he's older?"

"Probably." Wes let the silence reign for long minutes before he turned to her and pulled out a ring box. "Marry me?"

"What?"

"Marry me."

Roganda glanced into the darkended room at her sleeping son, then looked at Wes again. "Even after nights like tonight?"

"Especially after nights like tonight."

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A nice story and Chef was beautiful with the marriage proposal

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super and sweet use of the prompts. :)

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yes, very sweet! Who knew Janson could be romantic. :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005

Jade_eyes : Thank you. :)

Hazel : Jaya_Solo, actually… ;) Thank you, Hazel.

Week 7 (08.18.06) – UDC 1 – Jaden Family

31. breakfast

He found her staring dejectedly at her ration bar, and couldn’t figure out what was wrong just from looking at her. Sitting down, he waited until she glanced at him. “What’s wrong?”

She smiled half-heartedly. “I want something we can’t get on rations.”

“Oh?”

“Oh yes. And it’s your fault, Temaru!”

He glanced at her protruding belly. “Somehow, I don’t think it’s just my fault, love. Both of us contributed.”

“Stop trying to put logic to mood swings!”

“Why?”

“Because I want a dish we can only make if we’ve got time for a garden, which we don’t, and-“

He silenced her with a kiss.

32. lunch

It was the first time they’d been back to what had been their home since having to leave so suddenly in the night, and he couldn’t help but long for a sandwich… and looking around the destroyed kitchen, Temaru knew he wouldn’t be getting one for a long while. No, it was going to be ration bars until they got everything fixed again.

A tap on his shoulder, and he turned to find her standing there with an offering. He unwrapped it to find a… “How did you…?”

“How do you think? I’m your wife. I know things.”

33. dinner

Renna watched as her parents sat together and partook of the usual meal of ration bars with an utter lack of enthusiasm, and wondered if they’d ever been enthused about the prospect of eating. It just seemed so… strange, that the ration bars would cause sighing and a tense feeling when meal times rolled around.

Shrugging, she opened her own meal and began to eat. It wouldn’t do to go without when they were planning night raids, after all.

34. food

“I never thought I’d get to say this again, but…” Widia paused dramatically, and waited for him to look up at her from his datapad. “I’m going to need a list.”

Temaru frowned. “For what?”

“To do the shopping.”

He frowned in thought and glanced at the half-empty box of ration bars sitting prominently on their newly refurbished kitchen counter. Surely, they didn’t have to do that yet…

“One word about those things and I’ll hurt you. Seriously, I will.”

Nodding, he helped her put a list together.

35. drink

She’d come home to find her parents passed out on the new sofa, smelling of something she nearly didn’t recognize, and Jaelle couldn’t help but want to chuckle at the very obvious leftovers of a celebration. Not wanting to wake them, she covered them with a blanket, and made sure to leave two glasses of water on the caf table with crackers.

When her parents woke up, they found a note propped against one of the water glasses: “Drink, and then eat. I hope you had a good time. –Jaelle”

Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    loved food with the teasing
    drink was sweet

22. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Thank you. :)

A/N: This was going to be a set devoted to pets, but... had crazy fic idea that finally got a solution. And so... a drabble set devoted to the ten episodes of awesomeness that was the 1994 series Heaven Help Us. You know, if they'd ever gotten an assignment on Coruscant with no notice...

Week Seven - 11-05-2007 - UDC 2 - Doug and Lexie's Vacation (of sorts...)

Mouth

She awoke slowly, luxuriating in his warmth and closeness, not wanting anything more than to just stay right where she was all day long. Nuzzling closer to him, she smiled. All mornings needed to be exactly like this. Warm. Soft. Comfortable.

Finally, she reluctantly pulled away and got out of bed. Nature was demanding that she answer, and Lexie felt like grumbling about how being dead should exempt her from having to go to the bathroom.

A few minutes later, she washed her hands and then went into the living room to open the drapes. What she saw out the window was the last thing she expected.

Ears

He was awake so fast that at first he wondered if the scream had been part of the dream he'd been having, and then he noticed his wife was missing from their bed. Frowning, Doug set off to find her. He found her sitting on the couch and staring out the window. "Lexie?"

She pointed out the window. "That's not the San Antonio skyline!"

Doug frowned again and looked for himself. Then he blinked in surprise and joined her on the couch. Not only was it not the San Antonio skyline, but there were also flying cars!

Eyes

"I must still be dreaming," Doug muttered after twenty minutes of sitting next to her and staring out the window. "That's impossible."

Lexie broke out of her daze and pinched him, making him wince. "Feel that?"

"Yes," Doug sighed. "So... not a dream."

"No."

He pondered the existence to flying vehicles for a long moment, the very idea making him nervous. "Think they ever have accidents like ours in those things?"

"Doug!"

"What? It's a valid question!"

She glanced out the window, nodding. He did, after all, have a point. "I hope not."

Nose

It is only later, after they've both gotten over their shock of what was out the window, that they discover the letter on the kitchen counter next to the miniature carousel that Mr. Shepard had given them. Lexie reads it with pursed lips, all the while wondering why the man/angel/whatever he was would leave something like a letter right under their noses rather than show up to talk after something this shocking.

Finally, she set the letter down on the counter and looked at Doug. "He calls this a vacation?"

Hands

Doug picked up the letter and read it for himself with raised eyebrows. "Maybe for him, it is. From us."

Dear Doug and Lexie,
    Something has come up and you will undoubtedly notice that things are not as they should be. Consider it a vacation from case work until things are resolved. Do not, however, ignore anything that should come to your attention in my absense, for idle hands solve nothing.
    -Mr. Shepard

23. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Week 7 - 10/11/08 - prompts provided by BigFatty (UDC 3) - Roganda Ismaren

31. Door

Her hand lay flat against the door, as if it were the only thing separating them. At the moment, as she stood in the corridor outside the surgical suite, it was the only thing between her and her son. She needed this connection, no matter how minute...

"There's a waiting room down the hall," a passing nurse said kindly, and Roganda glanced at her to find she was pointing to a doorway. "You might be more comfortable there for the... duration."

Roganda nodded. "In a minute." The nurse nodded and continued on her way.

32. Window

Sunset was fast approaching, she noticed as they ran past windows. At any other time, she'd have stopped and admired the view, but this... not this time. There wasn't any time to just stop and look!

Not for the first time since leaving Coruscant on what had turned into a fool's errand, Roganda wanted to laugh outright, no matter how innappropriate it would have been. Here they were in the middle of a crisis, and she wanted to watch the sunset!

33. Roof

He found her on the roof, wearing a robe and no shoes, shivering in the cool night air. Carefully hugging her from behind, she leaned willingly into him. "Sight seeing?"

"Cloud watching."

He chuckled at the non-answer. "See any interesting ones out here in the dark?"

"No... and it won't work."

"What won't?"

"Whatever you're trying to do. Won't work."

"Who says I was trying to do anything?"

"Argh!"

He smirked. "You're cute when frustrated, you know."

"Funny man." They watched the night traffic for a while, neither saying anything. There was lots that needed to be discussed, but it could wait.

34. Walls

It was grating, having to listen to him as he lectured on limitations as he knew them when she'd heard a whole other set of lectures in her life about how one could use the Force. She sighed. It all came back to that, didn't it? Things she thought she knew, had heard, that were different from what actually was allowed. Dark and light... shadow... gray areas open for interpretation. How were they supposed to know what was right and what wasn't?

"Roganda?"

She blinked at him, suddenly realizing she'd let herself drift completely from the lesson. "What?"

"It comes down to boundaries."

35. Floor

"Boundaries?"

Luke nodded. "Boundaries. As in: how far would you go? Too far and you slide into a way of thinking where everything is right and nothing is wrong, but there is a right and a wrong to every situation."

She pondered that for a long moment. "Oh. Your side, their side, and what actually is?"

After a moment, Luke nodded again. "Something like that, yes."

"Not that there being three sides to anything makes any sense."

"There is that," Luke conceded.

"Is philosophy always this annoying?"

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful... I enjoyed the varied moods. =D=

25. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Nyota's Heart: I still want to know what Roganda was doing on the roof in her bathrobe... Thank you. :)

Week 7 - 5/18/09 - UDC 4 - Irek and Ptarmaia

31. No Turning Back

The doors opened to reveal the Grand Audience Chamber of the Great Temple of YavinIV, and all at once she wanted to turn around and go right back the way she came. There were so many people standing, looking back at her expectantly... waiting. Then she caught sight of her fiance on the other side of the room and the worries fell away.

At her side, her father squeezed her hand reassuringly. "Let's go, Ptarmaia."

With a wistful smile, she let her father lead her down the aisle and up the stairs.

32. No Backing Down

Dinner had been pleasant, Irek reflected as he again reached into his pocket and fingered the small box. Was now the right time? It was hard to tell, and he'd already tried at least once only to fail because they kept getting interrupted.

At the lull in conversation, she glanced up at him from the desert menu. "Something on your mind?"

Slowly, he stood up and went around to her side of the table, and then got down on one knee. He took the box out of his pocket, showed her the ring. "Marry me, Ptarmaia?"

She stared at him. "What?"

33. Nowhere to Run

"Marry me?" Irek asked again.

She glanced at the ring in his hands, then at him with a thoughtful frown. Then she took the box with the ring out of his hands and put it on the table. "It didn't work between my parents, Irek. Why should we?"

"We are not your parents, nor do we have their issues."

She considered that for a moment before leaning in to kiss him soundly.

He pulled back and looked into her eyes. "Is that a yes?"

"Yes," she whispered. She had reservations, but they could work through those.

34. No One to Trust

Together, they looked over the forms and Ptarmaia couldn't help but shake her head in confusion. "This is ridiculous!"

"What is?"

"If I change my name, it'll be too long!"

Irek laughed. "Oh! Ptarmaia, you don't have to if you don't want to."

"No, I want to do this. But I want to keep my family name, too. It's just... Calrissian-Solo? And what about the kids, if we have any? What are we... the Ismaren-Solo-Calrissians?" She looked at him, saw the mirth in his eyes. "It's not funny!" At his pointed look, she mellowed. "All right, so it is!"

35. No Place to Hide

On the dance floor, she wanted nothing more than to be alone with him now and now four hours from now. They were being watched by everyone in the room and the novelty had long worn off. "Promise me we'll go somewhere that nobody knows us?"

Irek smiled, as he'd been the one to plan their honeymoon. "Promise. We'll be so annonymous that you'll forget what it's like to be widely known."

She smiled into his shoulder as he continued to lead their first dance as husband and wife.

Kahara likes this.