main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shaded Prism: Drabble Series (UDC 5)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DaenaBenjen42, Jan 25, 2011.

1. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    13. Peacekeepers

Doctor Moss hadn't quite expected the two men and the Wookiee to join her patient at bedside while they waited for the test results to come back. Hadn't expected the young man to pull out a data pad or them to start playing a word game, either. Raven smiled and had to stop herself from laughing when the older one, whose name, she'd been able to glean, was Han, added his two credits to the mix: letters to spell out the word "tool" and complete the puzzle of "a hammer in the tool shed."

Watching them, no one would ever guess that the four of them had only met this week.

I really loved this set. Loved the image of them playing a word game as well. [face_love] Very realistic, poignant set. =D=@};- I'm not familiar with Farscape, but still enjoyed the set. :) Very nicely done![:D]

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    dancing_star: Thank you, Star. :)

A/N: Couldn't help it. Am still hyper. Happy April Fools Day. [face_whistling] (And yes. There will be an SW set B for this one.)

Week 3 (07.21.06) - UDC 1 - So... if Eternia is also in the Delta Quadrant... (I blame MRFH for this Voyager AU crossover with Masters of the Universe.)

11. red

His head hurt something fierce when he came to, and a hand stopped him from sitting up. "No, Kevin. Don't sit up. You took a nasty bump in that shuttle of yours."

Kevin? He opened his eyes to find a blurry but well-porportioned man sitting next to his bed. "Who are you?"

The man frowned. "Adam of Eternia. You know that, Kevin."

"I'm not this Kevin you seem to think I am." He held out a hand. "Name's Tom Paris."

Adam shook his hand, an expression of confusion rippling across his features. Things only got more confusing from there...

12. grey

When they finally let him get out of bed and take a look at his shuttle, Tom could do nothing but sigh at the sight of the wrecked craft. "Great. Can't fly it to the rendevous point now."

Adam frowned at him. "Who were you meeting up with?"

"A Talaxian convoy, so we can get Voyager back."

Adam glanced at the wrecked shuttle, and an idea began to form. "We have ships here. If you'd like help..."

Tom turned, eyes wide. "What?"

"Just so."

"You'd help me?"

Adam suddenly got the feeling the spirits had not thrown good luck at this young man in far, far too long...

13. white

On the bridge of the newly re-taken Voyager, Tom took a moment to turn and look at Adam with wide eyes again. "By the power of grayskull?"

Adam shrugged. "Got their attention, yes?"

Tom chuckled and turned back to the CONN station consul. It did, at that. "Battle crys aren't usually accompanied by white flashes of light and a transformation like that, though."

Adam wisely chose not to correct him. After all... his ways were not anyone else's ways, and Tom had had a rough day or two. He was allowed his own opinions. To a point. "So..."

"It'll fly," Tom told him confidently. "And thank you. It would have been much harder without the extra help."

14. black

Captain Janeway was somewhat flummoxed at the request made by the strong, handsome, young man that her crew attend a memorial service on Eternia to honor the fallen. She was torn between turning him down and continuing on their journey to the Alpha Quadrant, and allowing the stop-over.

In the end, at the silent and insistant urging of her helmsman, she allowed it. After all... they'd lost some good people in this mess, gotten back to basics in a very unexpected way, made new friends, and were still more than seventy years from home.

15. blue

Two days, some much needed rest for the entire crew, repairs to the ship, a re-supply that Adam had to talk them into, and a memorial service later, Voyager, with Tom Paris at the helm, lifted off into the blue skies of Eternia.

Adam stood watching from a balcony with his wife for a long while after the ship had completely disappeared into the stratosphere, smiling ever so slightly as he remembered another time, long before. Had it been so long?

Before he retired to his room, a whispered prayer escaped his lips. "Good journey, my friends. Good journey."

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Nice crossover and flashes of light snort

But whose Adam's wife? He never married in the original series

4. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Let's just say that (1) it's years later than the series portrays, and (2) what I remember about He-Man is rather vague. That, and what kinda-sorta works in drabble format, doesn't (really doesn't) in expanded form. (So... to answer the question about who the wife could be: could be anyone. Is an AU.) And the thing with this particular plot bunny? Robert Duncan McNeil, who went on to play Tom Paris, was in Masters of the Universe. ;) Thank you, JediFalcon.

5. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    And because I was serious about going again on a color set... here. Enjoy. :)

Week 3 (07.21.06) - UDC 1 - Relationships...

11. red

When Mara opened her front door, she found him standing there, mouth agape for apparently no reason. She frowned at him for a moment. "Luke?"

Luke blinked and the stunned expression turned into a smile. "Hi. You ready?"

She sized up his nice clothing with an approving gaze. "As I'll ever be." She took his arm and they were off to find his speeder to get their date underway, Mara grinning on the inside, pleased that he liked her crimson dress that much.

Later, she caught him staring all over again and pretended not to notice.

12. grey

It wasn't the colorful-but-muted senatorial robes that excited him, she'd found. No. No, for some reason, it was a simple grey dressing gown that she'd gotten in the second trimester of her pregnancy with the twins that he liked. Leia didn't understand it. The grey dressing gown was nothing more than a simple frock, but... Han liked her in it for reasons only known to him.

It was a hardly a surprise, when, after their time on Nar Shadda, most of it spent either running from Boba Fett or getting gifts from beggars who were there one moment and gone the next, there was a package left on their bunk for her. Inside was another grey dressing gown. She wondered when he'd had time to get it...

13. white

Their wedding was small, attended really only by his friends and people she'd never met before from the New Republic and Bakuran militaries, but it was perfect. Tendra sighed in contentment as she twirled in Lando's arms across the dance floor, letting him guide their first dance as husband and wife.

Lando gazed down at her, drinking in the sight of her. Here they were, sharing their first ever dance not only as a couple, and he couldn't stop looking at her.

When the song ended, neither noticed until clapping was heard from the audience. Then Tendra blushed to realize she'd forgotten they even had an audience.

14. black

In the darkness, the only sound heard was breathing. She lay there for long minutes on her side, listening to him breathe in and out as she thought about the days to come and the time left behind. Of the one thing she wanted right now with him: more time. With the healing treatment, they'd been granted that, but would it last?

A pattern break in his breathing brought her attention back to him, and she smiled when he rolled toward her, mumbling something in his sleep about a mousedroid on the loose.

Mara barely held back a chuckle at the oddness. Barely.

15. blue

When Han found a blue box sitting on the pilot chair of the Falcon, weeks after returning to Coruscant, he couldn't help but wonder what is was for and who had done it. Opening the note that had been taped to the box, he read: "You took time to find something comfortable for me in the middle of craziness, and I noticed your vest is a little worse for wear. I love you. -Leia"

Han opened the box to find a new utility vest, and smiled. There had been so little time for the small things, but that didn't matter.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    sweetly gentle set. =D=

7. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Loved the set very sweet [face_love] =D=

I recently went through the old series because someone put the He-Man series up on youtube. Adam did have a few interests in Adora`s friend and one other random character. I would`ve loved to see Teela and Adam get together because it`s obvious they liked each other and Teela loved Adam and his alter ego even though she was the Socerers daughter.

More soon :)

8. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    Loved that last set! [face_love]
    When Mara opened her front door, she found him standing there, mouth agape for apparently no reason. She frowned at him for a moment. "Luke?"

Luke blinked and the stunned expression turned into a smile. "Hi. You ready?"

She sized up his nice clothing with an approving gaze. "As I'll ever be." She took his arm and they were off to find his speeder to get their date underway, Mara grinning on the inside, pleased that he liked her crimson dress that much.

Later, she caught him staring all over again and pretended not to notice.

That was too cute! [face_love]

A pattern break in his breathing brought her attention back to him, and she smiled when he rolled toward her, mumbling something in his sleep about a mousedroid on the loose.
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

When Han found a blue box sitting on the pilot chair of the Falcon, weeks after returning to Coruscant, he couldn't help but wonder what is was for and who had done it. Opening the note that had been taped to the box, he read: "You took time to find something comfortable for me in the middle of craziness, and I noticed your vest is a little worse for wear. I love you. -Leia"

Han opened the box to find a new utility vest, and smiled. There had been so little time for the small things, but that didn't matter.

@};-[face_love]

Wonderful job on both sets! Looking forward to more! =D=
    [:D]

9. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Cute set! White was my favorite - well, that, and Luke dreaming about a mousedroid on the loose! :D

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Lovely set @};-

11. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Jade_eyes: Thank you. :)

JediFalcon: Really? Neat. Thank you, and here be more. :)

dancing_star: Thank you, star! [:D]

Tarsier: Thank you, Tarsier. :)

Hazel: Thank you. :)

Week 3 (10.08.07) - UDC 2 - Miss Parker from The Pretender, Luke and Leia, Jake from Animorphs, Winter

11. Mother

In the end, everything she's been told about her mother's death is a lie. Her mother did not die in that elevator after having a session with Sidney, the Head of Psychiatry for The Centre. No, she was killed. Killed by Mr. Raines. The same Mr. Raines who was now supposed to be dead and wasn't. It is that revalation which sends her into Jared's arms, and with that revelation her trust in the Centre begins to crack. Her mother didn't kill herself. Her mother had been pregnant, and after giving birth was shot for no reason.

Flashes of insight from the gift passed down by genetics will lead to the ugly truth.

12. Father

She's been called on the carpet many times in the course of her search for Jared. This time is no different. Her father will never say it outright, but he is upset that Jared has yet again eluded capture, and yet again made them all look like fools not even fit to shine shoes for a living. Thirty minutes into the latest lecture on efficiency and productivity, he falls silent and simply looks at her. Waiting.

Miss Parker looks back at him, waiting for him to continue and very tempted to pull out a cigarette, thereby reminding him that time has gone by and she's no longer a child. When he doesn't continue, she simply nods. "We'll find him, Daddy. I promise."

Her father smiles. "I know you will, Pumpkin. I know."

13. Sister

As Luke strides back into camp to the cacophany of celebrating Ewoks, his only thought is the woman he'd said goodbye to hours ago and the pain he'd felt from the surface that had betrayed her existence to their father. All he wants right now is to see her and reassure himself that it was nothing but a scratch. As she races to him and they embrace, he is relieved and there aren't enough words in Basic to express it. Looking at Han over Leia's shoulder makes him smile, ever so slightly. For some reason, Han looks even more relieved than Leia did to see him here and now.

They'll have questions, of course, about what happened up there. But... right here, none of it matters.

14. Brother

It is over in an instant. The mission that has kept him going is over. He was in this to save him, save the brother who had been taken. Taken by invaders because he'd stumbled into the wrong place at the wrong time when he'd been following a girl he liked. If anyone had told him that, three or four years on, after so much grief and pain and death and loss on both sides, that the war would end like this, he wouldn't have believed them. He would have laughed in their faces. There will be no laughing now.

In a moment of utter horror, Jake can only stare at the screen.

15. Friend

When it comes, the information hits her like a stone. Hours since hearing of such total, utter destruction, and all Winter can do is sink into her chair and put her head in her hands. It is relief she feels at hearing her friend since childhood is alive and well, and now safely with Alliance forces on YavinIV. Relief after so long trying to hold herself together for the sake of people around her, and now all she wants to do is be alone.

It is a day that will always be remembered with vivid clarity, both the relief, and the crushing grief of one's home destroyed for inexplicable reasons, if there were any to begin with.

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Miss Parker! I love The Pretender and I'm glad to see anything about it here.

I thought that Luke looking for Leia at Endor felt very real and so was Han's reaction.

13. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Poor Winter :( She got good and bad news at the same time. Han's reaction is spot on and I can't wait for more

14. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    All of these were wonderful, but this one has to be my favorite. [face_love]

As Luke strides back into camp to the cacophany of celebrating Ewoks, his only thought is the woman he'd said goodbye to hours ago and the pain he'd felt from the surface that had betrayed her existence to their father. All he wants right now is to see her and reassure himself that it was nothing but a scratch. As she races to him and they embrace, he is relieved and there aren't enough words in Basic to express it. Looking at Han over Leia's shoulder makes him smile, ever so slightly. For some reason, Han looks even more relieved than Leia did to see him here and now.

They'll have questions, of course, about what happened up there. But... right here, none of it matters.

[face_love] @};- Love the relationship between these three and you've written it so wonderfully. Great job!! =D= Looking forward to more! [face_dancing]

15. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Hazel: Glad you enjoyed it, Hazel. Thank you. :)

JediFalcon: Yep, she sure did. Thank you. :)

dancing_star: Thank you, star. :)

Week 3 - 9/15/08 - prompts provided by brodiew - UDC 3 - An AU for Mara... and, yes... Luke...

11. On the Fly

Luke patiently watched as she expertly hot-wired a door panel. "How'd you learn to do that?"

Mara glanced back at him, a devilish smile on her lips. "I used to get grounded quite a bit... started experimenting with electronics. Comes in handy when locked into rooms like this by bad people."

He laughed and watched as she connected the last wire, causing the door to open. "Know your way around?"

She peeked out into the corridor. "No, but I'm willing to go explore. You up for some exploring, Skywalker?"

"Sure."

And so, off they were, to explore the compound.

12. Sink or Swim

"Found it!" Luke shouted as he kept ducking refracted blaster bolts and wishing they hadn't walked straight to where the bad guys were hanging out in the compound.

"Wonderful! Help me, would you?"

Igniting the blade, he closed his eyes, took a deep breath to center himself like his teachers had taught him, and stood up, carefully entering the fray. It was over in moments, and as they stood there panting for breath, Mara grinned at him. "What?"

"You wanna do that again?"

"No."

"Spoilsport."

"Can we just get out of here now, Jade?"

"Maybe...."

13. Rock the Boat

His sister hadn't stopped laughing at his expense yet, not that it mattered what she thought about everything. "It's not funny!"

"Yes it is!" Leia replied, looking at him again only to giggle some more. "She has good taste!"

"No she doesn't." Luke finally gave up trying to talk to her and walked away, leaving to Leia to giggle at him. It was the novelty t-shirt Mara had gotten from a street vendor on Kuat, saying in Kuati: My girlfriend went to Kuat and all I got was this lousy shirt... and on the back: ...and her. And it had a very odd flower pattern to it.

One time. He'd worn it one time, and Leia laughed at him. Never again...

14. Get Over It

Mara glared at her mother from under her raised hood, wishing just once to be listened to on the whole matter. But no... the crazy adults had to go and do things like this without consulting anyone, least of all the people for whom the situation mattered to. And worse yet...

"Mara, dear?" her mother asked in that sweetly authoritarian voice she hated.

"What?"

"Two things: watch your tone and get used to the idea."

"What if I don't want to?" The answering glare was all the answer she needed. "Right. You don't care what I think."

"Didn't say that, child..."

15. Under the Gun

Their parents were congregating again. That was never a good sign. Mara turned to look at Luke, eyebrows raised. "Think we can sneak out of this official function before anything stupid happens like last time?"

Luke considered it. "Maybe." He held out an arm, which she took. "Might as well make a show of leaving, right?"

"Right," Mara agreed.

They made it all the way to the door before his father caught them, turned to search for his wife and her parents, and then let them go with a wink to Luke. "Don't do anything I wouldn't, now."

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    He he he he !!!

Luke and Mara eare so cute, here - trying to sneak away and that t-shirt [face_laugh].

That was really funny.

17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Sink or swim [face_laugh] Rock the boat, oh my the t-shirt too hilarious [face_laugh] =D=

Can't wait for more

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh I love L/M growing up and being pals on the brink fics =D= [face_dancing]

Oooh, this could so be a short story/epic & I'd gobble it up.

[face_dancing]

19. dancing_star

Feb 24, 2007
    =D= Great set with Luke and Mara! Enjoyed these a lot! [face_love] Looking forward to more!

20. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Hazel: Thank you, Hazel. :)

JediFalcon: Here more be. Thank you, JediFalcon. :)

Jade_eyes: Glad you like it, Jade_eyes. Thank you. :)

dancing_star: Thank you, star. :)

Week 3 - 4/20/09 - UDC 4 - Lando and Mara

11. Truth

She stared at him, hardly believeing it as she lay on the bunk. He'd come all this way to rescue her? But why? And, for that matter... how? "You...?"

"Don't ask," her husband told her curtly as he sat down carefully, ducking his head to look at her closely. "It can wait."

"But..." She was silenced by a finger to her lips.

"It can wait, love," he repeated again. "Just know that we came all this way, for you. That once I knew you were in danger somewhere, I couldn't not find you."

Smiling and resisting the urge to cough, Mara nodded slowly.

12. Trust

Three days since being rescued, and all she wanted to do was get out of the medical ward she'd been imprisoned in as soon as they'd gotten to where ever it was that they were. It was maddening, passing the time only being able to watch as the medics and the droids went about their routines. And, even worse, her husband wouldn't even smuggle anything from the ship-board messhall. Who did she have to annoy to get a decent-tasting foodstuff, anyway?

At sensing him, she tried to smile. It didn't work, and he wouldn't have believed it for an instant even if it had reached her eyes. They knew eachother too well for that.

13. Honor

Five days, two walks through the corridors, and no less than six awkward introductions later, he led her to what was now their shared quarters. As she carefully sat down in a chair and watched their child sleep, he finally asked what had been on his mind for a week. "What happened after Tatooine?"

The question gave her pause as she turned and looked him in the eye. "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean, Mara."

She took a deep breath. "I tried to do the honorable thing."

"Which was?"

"Return to Coruscant and explain..."

14. Loyalty

It wasn't hard to be among these people who had fought so hard for a revolution. Not hard, nor difficult to absorb their zeal and idealism, even if she was used to seeing it from the other side. The Imperial side. These people had done nothing to win her loyalty, and by all rights she should have hated them righteously for destroying everything that had made her life seemingly important. Only... she couldn't hate them for it, not even the one whose life she'd been ordered to cut short on Tatooine and had failed to do so.

It was her husband and her daughter, without ever saying anything directly, that changed her opinion of these rebels, and her daughter whose infectious grin had led to understanding. It was for little ones just like her that these people had fought.

15. Love

On the tenth day after being released from medical, she found the strength to pull her husband into a tight embrace and kissed him soundly. He still hadn't given her a straight answer for how they'd rescued her from Isard's clutches, and it didn't matter, really. "I love you, Calrissian."

He blinked down at her. "You do, hmmm?"

"Yes... tell me about it sometime?"

"When you're ready to hear it. Are you?"

"Not yet." She led him to their bed, pushed him on it. "Right now, I just want you. All of you."

He saw the hungry glint in her eyes and chose not to ask if she was up to it...

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Daena !!!!!! :* :* ;) I had a sneaking suspicion that wasn't Luke LOL [face_dancing]

An excellent read =D= =D= And his waiting to tell her until she's ready is a very loving thing and checking with her on that -- some things a lady doesn't need to know right off the bat :p

Loved the ending part in Love -- naturally.

22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    An excellent read indeed, very delicious even it's not Luke :( Still a good read

More soon

23. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Jade_eyes: Thank you, Jade_eyes. [:D]

JediFalcon: Thank you, JediFalcon. :)

Week Four (June 7, 2010) - UDC 5 - Puzzles...

16. Smart

When Lando found his daughter seated at a table with a little boy he didn't reccognize, working on a puzzle game, he had to stop and stare. It just didn't seem natural, seeing her playing a game with another child. Especially not here, in the commissary of a Rebel transport. He was about to sit down with them when a hand stopped him. He turned to find Luke looking up at him. "What?"

"Let them be for a while. Irek hasn't acted that normal... ever."

Lando blinked at him. "What?"

"Just what I said." Luke glanced toward the two children. "And they seem to be having fun, don't they?"

Lando nodded. They did, indeed.

17. 99

Irek stared at the puzzle for a moment, confused. "There's a missing piece."

His puzzle partner, who had introduced herself as 'Tamaia Riss-is', frowned. "How you know?"

He pointed to a corner. "We don't have that one."

She looked where he pointed. "Maybe it lost?"

"Maybe." He glanced around, noted they were being watched by that guy from the floating city and his Captain's friend. "Tamaia?"

"What?"

"Want to try putting it together again?"

She grinned and he saw she was missing a front tooth. "Okay!"

They made quite a show of taking the puzzle apart to start again.

18. Chief

When Leia turned up in the commissary, Luke pointed her to Irek and the little girl. She smiled before going to join them, Lando not far behind. "All right, Irek. Bed time."

"But we're not done!" Irek whined. When Leia glared at him in exasperation, he stopped. "Can we finish? Please?"

"You've finished it three times," Lando told him as patiently as possible. If he knew his own child, she'd follow the boy's lead. Then they'd really have a scene on their hands.

"One more time?"

Leia sighed. "No." She glanced at the little girl, who was yawning. "And it's bedtime for both of you."

"Not tired," Ptarmaia protested.

Lando chuckled and picked her up. There would be no arguing tonight.

19. Agents

Irek found it oddly comforting that Tamaia's father hadn't let her go ever since they'd gotten back with his Captain Han. He just sat there in the hold area, hugging her. Finally, he looked up at Leia in confusion. "What's with him?"

"Close call," Leia told him. "Go find Han, sweetie."

Irek stared up at her before shrugging and going to find his Captain Han, who had yet to stop tinkering with the engines for some reason. Why was no one giving a clear answer, anyway? Hearing a muffled grunt, Irek looked down into a compartment to find his Han using a hyrdospanner. "She said to find you."

20. Shoe

Ptarmaia didn't want to wear her shoes. She didn't like them, and felt that because the furry things that spoke funny didn't wear shoes either, that meant she could take them off. So she did, and left them there, content to walk around in her socks. This was fine until her father arrived at the party with a bunch of orange-wearing pilot guys and noticed her lack of footwear. She tried explaining it to him, that she didn't like the shoes, but he wanted her to find her shoes. There was no arguing with him one way or the other.

The fact that she'd given them to a baby Ewok to play with did not change his mind.

24. DaenaBenjen42

May 15, 2005
    Week 4 (07.28.06) - UDC 1 - Callista Masana Ming

16. friends

Here on Yavin IV, her old life feels like nothing but a dream she lived once that has been washed away by time and atrophy. Everyone she knew... gone now, and replaced with new people. People who look at her and cringe at the face she wears, for it is someone they trained with, and these people were her training partners. Her friends. Her life. Her teacher.

She is reminded of these things at each and every turn, no matter how much she would like to avoid them all and start fresh.

17. enemies

Deep inside the gunnery computers, she feels it. It stirs her awake from not-quite sleep and makes her blink in surprise. Something, or someone, has activated The Will from a distance. But how? The receptors had been broken for years and years! She'd broken them herself with her own hands!

Side by side with The Will of the Eye of Palpatine, she can only watch helplessly as it begins to proceed with it's long-aborted mission. Someone out there has no idea what they've done, and now there will be consequences.

18. lovers

As she stares at the screen, silently praying he'll make it past the outer defenses and hoping he does, the shuttle explodes and fills the screen with a burst of light incandescent. She stares at it long after the glow has faded, knowing that the only chance left to stop this thing lies right here and right now with her.

There is no time to dwell on Geith's death, nor the last embrace they shared before he departed in an attempt to get word out about what they'd found out here. An attempt which had ended in disaster and death. Pointless. Useless.

19. family

Years and years since she'd last set foot on this world, on an ark of any kind that travelled it's seas, and it was like she'd never left. As if leaving, dying, floating around inside a massive computer, and coming back from the dead in place of someone else hadn't happened. As if it had been a dream. It wasn't, though. She knew that almost as soon as she found the ark that had belonged to her family. It still did, but the people living on it did not know her.

It was that detail that reminded her that she really couldn't go home again.

20. strangers

In the midst of a crowd, two people meet. One is old and weathered by time, but her eyes are bright and warm with knowledge. Her clothing has seen better days. The other is young and wary of everybody and every thing around her. Looking into the old woman's eyes, she finds a kindred soul, though she does not reccognize her.

"Lost?" the woman asks, eyes knowing the answer before she can find it.

The answer comes as a simple nod, and she allows the old woman to guide her away. There will be much to talk about.

25. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Excellent set! Love your take on Callista, especially lovers and family.