Saga Shades of Gray (Episode III - Obidala) Repost!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Disclaimer: All the characters of Star Wars belong to the God himself, George Lucas.

The Queen grabbed Sabé?s hand as another contraction struck her. Amidala fell to the gray marble floor of the palace with her handmaiden at her side, gasping for air. It was almost time. Her children, they would be there soon - hers' and Anakin?s'. Only, he wasn't there. The day Obi-Wan Kenobi told her Anakin died, she broke down in tears, crying relentlessly for days. Things only got worse when it turned out Anakin survived, resurrected by Palpatine, as the corrupt Sith Lord, Darth Vadar. Once again, Obi-Wan was bearer of bad news, a habit he said he wished he could break. Amidala smiled at him as he ushered her to a seat. Amidala refused, but demanded to know what happened.

That day, to her recollection, was the day her spirit died. Anakin, her love, was dead, making her dead. She walked around the palace in daze. Finally, after weeks of mourning, she donned a black satin dress. The ruffles of the dress were the only signification that the Queen was coming down the hall or in the room. She didn't know how to live. Everything that was, that was supposed to be, was gone and there was nothing she could do bring it all back. The laughter, the cries of play, it was all gone. Light no longer filled her eyes and her soul, was black, almost to the point of dying from heartbreak...until she learned she was pregnant.

Throughout her entire pregnancy, Amidala continued to be withdrawn - - not eating, sleeping and barely speaking to anyone. She continued the wear the black satin dress, not only because she was still depressed, but also because it helped to cover the fact that was with child. Her lifestyle basically resembled that of a Jedi acolyte. But through the turmoil and pain, she had Obi-Wan, found solace with him. He helped her through the dark time and eventually after a time, she began to smile and laugh again.

Though she was delighted to be a mother, she didn't smile during the months she was carrying. During that time, all she could think about was the loss of Anakin. She loved him so much, he was her whole life and suddenly he was gone and the only reminder of him was the growing life inside of her. Life. She never thought about her children. They were the light of her life and would continue to be after their birth. And her friends. Amidala had no idea where she would be or what she would do if Obi-Wan weren't there by her side. She didn't know how he could stay with her. The Order, his whole life was destroyed and now he was helping Amidala Skywalker, the estranged wife of his former Padawan carry on a lost legacy.

All would have been lost if he weren't there with me.

She never thanked him for all he had done, though she probably should have. In truth, in the beginning, she blamed him for Anakin's demise. It was a natural reaction, he said, but no matter what, even though she blamed him, she felt sorry for him. She lost a husband, but he lost a son he had raised since after Qui-Gon's death. It hurt him just as much as it hurt her and yet, she didn't acknowledge this because she wasn't ready to talk to him. They weren't ready until only a month before the delivery date. They had to talk about the future of the children. Somewhere in that conversation, Amidala slipped in how the feelings she had kept hidden since Anakin left. Obi-Wan listened and sympathized; they cried, laughed over memories, restoring their lost, broken friendship.

Amidala looked up at Sabé?s face and smiled weakly. She pulled her up, tightening her grip on her arm. One of the people she avoided during her depression was another trusted friend since the beginning and risk taker, Sabé. The woman didn't even blame her for shunning her away the way she did. She said, if it happened to her, she would do the same thing. Amidala smiled, remembering exactly why they had become fast friends when she was elected as Queen of Naboo.

Sabé smiled back. "We must get you to your bed chambers, your highness." She paused, unsure how to phrase her next s
  2. messicat_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    One day, shades of gray will disappear and all will be light again.

I like this, a longer viggie with more emotions and experiences. And I really like Qui-Gon appearing :D
  3. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    thanks messi, i'd actually revised this fic 5 times (the most i'd ever revised any fic).

are you enjoying your obidala fanfic marathon?

~aeryn
  4. messicat_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    It was great, I stayed up til after midnite reading Obidala but then I went and collapsed. I need to do it more!
  5. AERYN_SUN Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've never went through an Obidala reading marathon before, but I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :D

~aeryn
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.