main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shades of Green (What if Luke and Mara were married before ANH?) --Sequel up at The Saga!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by EmilieDarklighter, Feb 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Oooh Oooh I just found this more!

:D :D

2. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Rely on me all you want, I don't mind. I love helping you in anyway possible. Ooh, Emmi, exceptionally cute!

Am [face_love]

3. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    New, very long post is with Am now!

4. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Ooh, good! Am, hurry! ;) I want to see Emmi's post! :D

5. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
  6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    is a new post coming soon? I've been waiting all week for it (looks around hopefully...sees tumbleweed rolling along the empty thread.........)

7. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Don't give up on us, Liz. Am and I have a little time difference thing going on and it's hard to have her beta the stuff at the same time I write it. There should be an extra long post some time tomorrow. Sorry.

8. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Sorry guys, I'm beta-reading it at the moment. I didn't get on this morning as I was at the doctor having a blood test and to add to that, I just happened to pass out. Thanks for not going ahead and posting it, I'm sending it back to you ASAP!

Am [face_love]

9. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I feel bad now...I rushed you and you were all passed out and everything...:(

Here's the postie!

Luke watched Mara with a concerned look on his face. She'd been tossing and turning for the past three hours. He knew it was probably only because she was adjusting to a new bed, but it still worried him.

"No!" she suddenly cried. "You can't, no! Stop it! Stop it!"

And with a jolt she was awake, eyes wide for a moment until her initial shock wore off and sobs overtook her shaken body. Weeping quietly, Mara sat up and drew her head to her knees, trying to keep the tears she shed, a secret. Luke, however, knew better.

"Hey," he said softly, sliding his arm around her shoulder. "What's the matter?"

Mara shot him a look, just briefly, so that he could see the green of her eyes sparkling from tears. She remained silent, the tears still falling from her porcelain cheeks.

"C'mon, Mara. You can tell me."

She seemed to tense for a moment, and then, as he lifted her eyes up to meet his, Mara relaxed visibly in Luke's hold.

"Nightmares, that's all." she said softly. "I have them a lot. My dad used to..."

"Hold you when you woke from them?" Luke finished.

Mara nodded, "Yeah. How did you know?"

Luke shrugged. "I had them too, coupla years ago. Aunt Beru was always there when I woke up. It really helps." He smiled softly at her. "It's what I'm here for now, Mara. If...if you need anything, don't be afraid to, y'know, come talk to me or somethin'. I want to be your friend."

Mara looked thoughtful for an instant. Force, Luke thought. I hope I haven't scared her off.

Then, all of a sudden, Mara turned to him and smiled. "I'd like that."

The next few weeks went off without any glitches. Luke, the ever-faithful worker, continued helping his uncle, and Mara was slowly getting used to her new role in Luke's family. In the mornings, after Luke and Owen left, Mara would rise and help Beru prepare dinner for the four of them, and then, after the two boys came and left for lunch, Mara would tidy up their small two room apartment, before sitting down to talk with Beru. In such a short time she seemed to make friends with the old woman, chatting and going on as if they'd known each other for years. Though she still missed her father terribly, Mara was just beginning to call the Lars' moisture farm 'home'.

Things were still uncomfortable between Luke and Mara occasionally, of course. Neither one of them had quite gotten used to sleeping in the same bed, or sharing a refresher. They almost rarely saw each other; Luke always left in the mornings before she woke up, and didn't return until sundown. After dinner he was usually too exhausted to talk, so he exchanged a few polite words with everybody and then headed straight to bed. Every once and a while things would open up like they had that first night, but it was rare.

Eyes squinted and staring out into the setting suns, Mara leaned back on her elbows and sighed. It was a custom she kept almost every night, this watch. Before she had married Luke, Ben and Mara had always stayed awake to watch the suns set and talk. There was no one to talk to now, but at least she had something to remind her of her father.

Something.

Mara narrowed her eyes even further as she leaned forward. Something was moving in the distance.

"What the--?"

Sandpeople? No. She'd have been able to sense them before now. This presence held no malice or ill will only...mischievousness. And it was cloaked.

Wait a minute! Only a trained Jedi can cloak!

"Father!"

Mara ran to her father, giggling like the child she was. Her laughter increased when Ben scooped her up in his arms for a hug.

"Daddy!"

Ben laughed, his rugged face showing pure joy. He put Mara down, and held her an arms length away from him.

"My, my. This can't be the lovely Lady Skywalker, now can it?"

Mara blushed. Though she didn't particularly care to carry L

10. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    first to reply to that super long, wonderful post! Thanks for posting it early this morning! I honestly didn't think I could get through another day w/o this story. ;)

See, I'm going somewhere today (returning my niece to her mom and dad) and then I have a meeting thing I go to on Thursday nights, so, if you had posted today, I probably wouldn't have gotten to read it until after 8:00 tonight.....

:)

Looking forward to more!

I thought Ben was bringing Luke his father's lightsaber to him. :) ;)

11. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Great post! And will Ben be giving Luke Ani's lightsaber?

12. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Awww... I loved the beginning when they decide to be friends. Mara's interaction with her father was really sweet, and it was nice to see how Luke and Mara are becoming somewhat dependent on each other, even though they don't realize it fully. Luke's jealousy at the end was classic, although technically Mara is a one-man woman now that she's married... :)

Great job!

~Marie

13. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    I utterly cannot believe you named a characters after me. Gosh, thanks Emmi! That was a terrific post and you used my ideas perfectly. Upward and Onward! Btw, I noticed your sig and instantly my jaw drops, wow!

Am [face_love]

14. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    I noticed that Am. :) How sweet! ;)

Emmi, great post sweetie! I can't wait to see what comes next. I love how Lukie is jealous. :D [face_devil] If he doesn't watch it old what's his face is going to take her away.

*sigh* There's nothing like a good strong female character who doesn't want a man dominating her life. Although Luke is her husband, chill Mara. Wife is a good title.

Ok, now I'm talking to the characters. You know I'm addicted when...

I still can't believe they're that young and married. I think of how I acted when I was 13 and 15, and well... I don't think anyone is ready for marriage that young. This is gonna be interesting.

More please. :D

15. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Ahhh, Lukie, is jealous. :D And kids that age don't handle this stuff too well. Uh Oh.

16. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Jealousy. Tsk tsk. I can understand the getting used to somebody else in the bed and sharing the refresher. That takes some time. I kind of thought Ben was bringing the lightsaber too.

17. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Nice post! I like it how you aren't making Luke and Mara fall in love so quickly! Heck, if I was forced to marry a stranger I'd be pouting and crying for months! :eek:

Though I look forward to when they do fall in love! [face_love]

Cannot wait for the next post!

18. Lara_Jadewalker

Lara_Jadewalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    Well, this doesn't really need an up, but I'll do it anyway, just to introduce myself.

I'm Marie's psychotic sock/alter ego. Ignore me whenever possible. ;)

~Lara

19. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Two of them. My worst nightmare.

::runs screaming::

20. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Woah...so many replies...they really must love me! ::snickers:: How long will I torture them until the next post?? Who knows? It could be days, weeks, months, years...

or only minutes.

Thanks guys, for your support. I'm going to go and type out the next installment directly after writing this. It should be a good one...

JadedofMara: Sorry I missed you back there, sweets. Welcome aboard!

Jedi_Liz: My, you seem busy. Keep reading, it gets better!

Tych_sel: Thank you!

Marie_Jadewalker: Welcome, Marie! I'm glad you like this little contrivation of mine...

Am: Don't be so surprised, sweets. You deserve it! And as good as ItMF is, it deserves some advertisement! Love ya!

Marawannabe: ::raises eyebrow:: Talking to the characters, Mara? Do we need to call in the healers for you?
    No, they definetly aren't ready yet. Mara is after all, barely a teenager. Teenagers don't want anyone dominating their lives, let alone a spouse.

MariahJade2: Ah, yes. Can he hold that infamous Skywalker temper back?

RebelMom: Whadya expect, RM? He is a Skywalker, after all.
    Can't live with em, can't live without em. ::sighs and kisses life-size Lukie stand up:: That Mara is a lucky girl...

Jaded Skywalker: Of course they aren't falling in love right away! Where would the fun be in that? There has to be a few good fights before they're ready to say those three little words!

::ignores Lara_Jadewalker::

Just doing as told.

Attention everyone! The lightsaber will make its appearance in due time!

21. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    upping.....

did you say you'd have a new post soon? I hope so! I'm looking forward to it!!!!!

22. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I like that Lukie is getting a little possesively jealous... sounds like him ;) Cute post Emilee :D More soon please?

23. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Luney: So cute when he's jealous, isn't he?

24. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Are you kidding? According to Luney, "Lukie" is cute ALL the time. ;)

25. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Well he is, isn't he?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.