main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shades of Green (What if Luke and Mara were married before ANH?) --Sequel up at The Saga!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by EmilieDarklighter, Feb 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    The music played softly, and Mara rested her head on Teray's shoulder. It'll be good for him, she thought wryly, of Luke.

Teach him not to be so darn possessive.

C'mon. He isn't that bad and you know it.

Am?

Mara's eyes darted about the room, searching quickly for her friend. Almost immediately, she saw Amethyst sitting in a corner behind Luke and Biggs, sipping a drink and watching the couple quietly.

It was a well kept secret between Am, Father, and herself, that the three of them were Jedi. True, Am and Mara were only padawans, but Ben was teaching them more and more every day. Or rather he had been teaching them. Mara had barely seen anything of her father the month that she had been "Mrs. Luke Skywalker".

Mara frowned. She and Am had a strong bond. She must've been broadcasting without thinking it.

Yeah, it's me. Now listen. What's this deal with you trying to make him jealous?

I am not!

Are so. He wasn't even acting that jealous.

He said I was his wife in front of everyone!

Even from a distance, Mara could seen the roll of Am's eyes.

Duh. Umm, aren't you his wife?

Yeah well,

So get over it. I don't trust this guy you've snagged on the dance floor, sweetie, and Wormie's a pretty good catch. If you're not careful, you'll lose him.

I never wanted him in the first place!

Amethyst said nothing, but smirked in her seat. Mara thought she caught something like ?You will?, but she couldn't tell.

Mumbling a few Huttese curses under her breath, Mara turned her gaze away from Am and Luke and focused on the dark gray of Teray's collar. She tried not to wince at the closeness of their bodies, and endeavoured to keep her mind occupied on the song that was playing, and not the lustful thoughts the older man was projecting.

Sheesh, She thought, I'm only thirteen. He must be desperate or something.

Just then, Mara felt something slide down her back, and then lower. She jumped, whipping her head up to stare at Teray.

Just then, she felt something warm on her shoulder.

"Excuse me, Mr. Darklighter. You are done dancing with my wife."

The next thing Mara heard was the sickening thud of Teray Darklighter's skull colliding with Luke Skywalker's fist, causing Teray to slump limply to the ground.

2. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    *giggles endlessly*

Skywalker, you naughty naughty boy

Am [face_love]

3. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Wow! Loved the inner talk with Amethyst (her twin?). The hint that Mara will eventually appreciate Luke was great. Mara is playing a dangerous game, and I hope Lukie helps her realize it. He could've picked a more subtle way to do so though... ;)

~Marie

4. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    LOL. Luke's not old enough for subtle yet. I was almost thinking that Am was going to go flirt with Luke so make her point to Mara. Luke's so cute when he's jealous.

5. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    that was great! well worth the wait!

Luke was bad......its time to teach him patience....and give him his dad's saber!!!!

6. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Wonderful post Emmi!

Oh, a fight! Woohoo! :D Get him Lukie!

7. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Another post in a lil while! I'm doing doubles tonight!

8. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Yay Lukie! He's so cute when he gets possessive! [face_love]

Looking forward to the next post, Em! :D

9. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Luke punching Teray out for getting a little frisky with Mara? I think somebody needs a lesson in control! But another great post, even if it was a little short.

10. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Here's more!

All Mara could do was stare. Luke's arm was protectively draped over her shoulder, clamping tightly as he surveyed what he'd just done. If Mara had paid any attention she might have noticed a look of bewilderment on his face, but she was too caught up in her own thoughts to care.

Teray Darklighter was unconscious. Several people, drivelling, drunken teenage humans and aliens were gathered around him, doing their best in their dishevelled state to tend to his wounds.

Luke paid no heed to them at all. He only put his arm around Mara, bestowed a nod toward Amethyst, who was hiding a smile behind her hand, and led Mara by the shoulders to the speeder.

What just happened? said to herself, thinking.

A voice rang in her head. Your husband defended your honor, Mara. Other women have not been so lucky.

Mara felt something welling up inside of her, an unfamiliar heat that stank of fear. Was she afraid of Teray? No, she could have taken care of him herself. Fear of Luke? That was absurd. Luke was harmless.

Harmless enough to deck a guy twice his size?

What she was afraid of, Mara didn't know. She didn't even know how she felt about this whole situation.

Get out of my head, Amethyst!

Mara felt Am's ever-knowing mental smirk and sighed in frustration. You never quit, do you?

At that Am gave a mental giggle, and blurted out, Not if I have to!

Then she was gone.

Mara spent the entire ride home immersed in thought, the events of the dance and Luke's jealous reaction to Teray's advance playing out slowly in her mind. She remembered all of it now, and her face burned in a righteous anger, though she said nothing to Luke...

"Why you sith-spawned, sand-brained, son of a bantha!"

Luke rubbed his shoulder where Mara had chosen to land a few choice punches.

"What did I do?"

"Well you certainly played your part well, didn't you, farmboy?" she spat, "Never took you for the jealous type."

His eyes narrowed, "He was pawing all over you!"

She exchanged grins with him, before staring straight back, "Maybe he was."

Their staring contest was short lived, because Mara got so caught up in the blue intensity of his eyes, that she almost forgot she was angry.

"Stang it, Skywalker!" she shut her eyes in frustration.

"What?"

"I am NOT your property, you know!" she let out an exasperated sigh, and then placed her hands on her hips, "Don't treat me like I am."

Luke rolled his eyes, adding to the immaturity of the situation.

"For Force's sake, you're my wife. I didn't want him to take advantage of you, like I knew he was trying to, Mara. Sithspit, I only wanted to protect you!"

She began eyeing him with her dangerous, emerald eyes, "Maybe I want to protect myself."

"Fine." Luke said angrily, marching out of the room.

From the sound of his footsteps, Mara knew he was headed towards the garage, and his old room. It was where he did his thinking. Mara however, wasn't thinking.

She rushed to the door that led to the garage stairway, shouting, "Fine to you, too, stupid farmboy!"

As loud as she could, making sure Owen and Beru Lars could hear in their bedroom. Luke said nothing, and Mara retreated to the small bedroom, grumbling to herself.

11. Jaded Skywalker

Nov 24, 1999
    Oh no... poor Lukie. So unappreciated. :(

Great post though! :D

12. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    ::laughs:: poor Lukie indeed...

Love your sig, Jaded! I just saw LOTR for the second time today, and it's one of the best!

13. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Cute Post, Emilie. :) (And thanks for the PM. I love those!)

Yeah, I feel sorry for Luke, but I expected nothing less in the way of Mara's reaction. Besides, Luke was a teensy bit out of line. I mean, so was the Darklighter jerk she was dancing with (and so was Mara for egging him on) but I can see how she'd see it as him being proprietary.

~Marie

14. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    ditto Marie_Jadewalker's comment......have to go now......

15. Jaded Skywalker

Nov 24, 1999
    Thanks Em, Council of Elrond was one of my favorite parts! :D

16. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    When will Luke discover his strength in the Force? I think that will make Mara see him in an entirely new light. :)

17. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Marie said it well. Mara's also probably still recovering from the idea that she no longer has just herself to think about. And it wasn't her dad that protected her but this boy that took her away from him.

18. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Emmi! I'm so glad you posted! I had a horrible day, and to come back to this! *sigh* Thanks girlie. ;)

Ah, LOTR. MY STRIDER!!!! (notice sig) ;)

And Luke being immature? Excuse me, but if someone was pawing my butt, I'd want my husband to deck him. :D

I say, GO LUKIE!!!

19. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Marie: Well, Lukie has his father's temper, we all knew that. As for Mara's reaction, it was typical Mara, anyway. It took me a long time to think up 'sith-spawned, sand-brained, son of a bantha!' It sounds sooo Mara. Only then did I realize the implications of the first part of it...

Sith spawned?

hehe...

Liz: Thanks for stopping by!

Jaded:Me too, Jaded. But my favorite part was Bilbo's party, at the begininng, where everyone was dancing. I loved the dragon-firework thing. I also liked it when Arwen saved Frodo.

"Whatever grace has been given me, let it pass to him."

Liv Tyler was perfect for that part.

::hums That Thing You Do::

TorontoJediMaster: Well, Luke won't discover his sensitivity in the Force for a while yet, but Mara will get it real soon...

MariahJade2: Mara's also probably still recovering from the idea that she no longer has just herself to think about. And it wasn't her dad that protected her but this boy that took her away from him.

That's what I was going to explain in the next post, actually. Mara misses her dad, and she resents Luke for taking his place.

Mara: Your welcome any day, sweetie!

Ah yes, Strider. Aragorn, the lost prince of Gondor, lover of Arwen the elf. ::sighs:: I love LOTR!!

Love and kisses,

Emmi

20. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Strider, Lover of Arwen???? NO!!!!!! Strider, MINE!!!! heehee, must do something about sithly little elf girl! *evil gleam*

21. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    up so a friend can find it!

22. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Wow...crazy stuff! this is great!

LOTR: I HAVE PETER JACKSON SIGNITURE (fran walsh's too) on a copy of FOTR!!!

I am so sorry, Em, about your friend. Sudden tragedy is the worst kind.

23. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I'm glad to see Luke step up the pace, I can't imagine Luke, a little farmboy forever. Protecting his wife is something he shall have to do often, to gain my respect. Hell, he's Luke Skywalker, he already has it. Awaiting your next lovely post, Emmi!

Am [face_love]

24. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    this needs a serious up so we can get more people to read Emmi's story.

up!

25. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Shortie post!

Mara did not sleep that night. She was exhausted--partly from crying, though she'd never admit it--and partly from the strain she'd had to go through keeping her Jedi calm. Her mind kept her awake, though, as it raced, so many thoughts were flying through her head, that she herself hadn't been able to keep up.

It had been like a sudden wake up call, the incident with Teray and Luke flying to the rescue without even thinking. Mara herself had been about to show Teray what is was like when you messed with a Jedi Padawan, when all of a sudden Luke came up on the both of them like some great, avenging angel there to protect her. It had completely shattered her control--she'd wanted to cry, but somehow the tears eluded her and anger rose to the surface.

Not long ago, it would've been her father there to protect her. Her father. Daddy. The man, whom she'd looked up to, loved and cherished her entire thirteen years. The man who had been her only family. She didn't want anyone else, didn't even want to consider it. The thought was just too painful to comprehend.

Now, in a place that seemed so far away from home, with a family that didn't really seem like a family to her at all. Mara had been in a situation that had seemed dangerous to her new husband. He reacted to protect her in the only way he knew how, and it ended up in an argument between the two. Mara could only ask herself- Why?

Her heart was split, torn between two opposing viewpoints. In one hand, the rational, logical side of Mara knew that Luke was only trying to protect her. He had reacted the way any of the simple-minded farmers that were native of Tatooine would have reacted. It was only natural. The other hand, however, screamed as an aching resentment began to throb in her chest.

How dare he take Daddy's place?

She tossed and turned again, trying to make herself comfortable and grumbling when she realized that the bed was too big, as it was clearly, missing one occupant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.