main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shades of Green (What if Luke and Mara were married before ANH?) --Sequel up at The Saga!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by EmilieDarklighter, Feb 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSara

JediSara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2004
  2. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    Upsie Daisy

;) paige

3. Jedi_Master_Mouf

Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UP!!!!!!!

4. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I thought this was supposed to be alive! When was the last time a pulse was detected? :(

5. Senator_Leia73

Senator_Leia73 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2003
  6. Jedi_Master_Mouf

May 4, 2004
    my sentiments exactle

7. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    ^^ Hm Hm!

Up!

8. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I adore you people. Yes, it is alive. In a bit of suspended animation, perhaps, but still alive. Bear with me until Christmas break, okay guys? I'm really swamped. The next few days determine whether I graduate or not. :( I have a horrible Trig class that I'm struggling to pass. I don't have too much time to write. I promise that when Christmas break rolls around in about four days, I'll finish this story as soon as possible. That okay?

9. Jedi_Master_Mouf

May 4, 2004
  10. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Okay deal. :D *shakes hand*

11. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    It's a deal. I completely understand the evil that DARTH-SCHOOL can unleash.

12. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    Aw man! i don't have net access over break!!!
    ah well, our break's ridiculously short this year. i'll be back to post in no time at all Emmi! can't wait :D

;) paige

13. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    bumping back up! :D

14. Leia

Leia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 8, 1998
    Ooh, Emmi, I just found this today. It's so cute (well, if you ignore all the angst, anyway). I think you've done a nice job moving slowly with Luke and Mara--they're so young! They're not ready for much, and I'm glad you've written it that way.

I hope your trig class worked out okay. :mad: math :mad:

Also, it's awesome to see so many Christians around here! Yay, Christians! ;)

Lastly, I hope you're not offended that I called you Emmi. I didn't know if it was a special nickname or something.

15. JediSara

Aug 1, 2004
    up again :)

16. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Well, it started out that way, Leia, but now I feel wierd when people call me 'Emilie'. So go ahead. I'm a friendly gal. ;) Okay, guys, I'm off to write the last post RIGHT NOW.

Emmi

17. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Shades of Green Finale

?Things happen for a reason, love,? Luke murmured as he pulled away. ?Maybe you should let me help you find yours.?

?But you?re in danger because of me!? She shouted suddenly. Luke hushed her. ?You?re in danger because of me,? she repeated, more softly, as he stroked her hair. ?I tried to keep you away, but you don?t know how to take a hint. Being with me could hurt you.?

?Because of your father??

?Because of me, Luke. I have special?abilities. Abilities the Emperor frowns upon. My father had them, too, and Am. He was training us, but the Empire found them, didn?t they? If they find me too?I couldn?t bear losing you, Luke. You have to let me get out of here?I?ll find a ship that needs a cabin servant, or some other job, and get as far away from here as I can.?

?You?ll do no such thing,? Luke?s mouth was set in a hard line, and Mara knew he was in deep in thought. ?I love you, Mara, and I intend to spend the rest of my life with you. We?ll protect you and hide your abilities,? She saw the recognition in his eyes; now he knew she was Jedi, even though he dared not speak the word aloud. ?No-one needs to know you have them. When some time has passed, we?ll get off this rock and do something about the Empire.?

Did Luke even know what he was saying? The Empire was made up of thousands of worlds, policed by numberless armies of huge ships and emotionless troopers, and commanded by the most evil man the galaxy had seen in ten millennia. It was virtually unstoppable. He couldn?t know what he was saying. Could he?

?It?s no good, Luke, they?re too big.?

?Then we?ll take it one step at a time. I love you, Mara. They haven?t got anything bigger than that.?

The comment stopped Mara short. The Empire was cold and loveless. The Jedi of old became cold and loveless in their last years, and many a time did Obi-wan Kenobi tell his daughter Mara that this loss of love was what brought the old Jedi to their end. Lovelessness forced the Jedi to submit to the Empire. ?And only love,? Obi-wan had said to his daughter. ?Will resurrect us.?

This boy, not yet sixteen, had found a mighty truth that not even the most venerable Jedi Masters had been able to grasp. It was a truth she needed to learn, if she were to resurrect the Jedi.

Mara closed her eyes and sighed, letting the breath escape her lungs slowly. When she took another breath and opened her eyes, she looked up at her husband. ?I don?t deserve you.?

She found him grinning mischievously down at her. ?Not gonna argue with you there.?

?Why you?? Mara huffed indignantly, rubbing her eyes. ?Blasted, arrogant son of a bantha??

?I?ll take that as a compliment.?

?You better, because you?re not getting anything more than that from me.?

?Smile like that more often, and I?ll never ask for another compliment again.?

Mara laughed softly, and against her better judgement, she let him tuck her head in the crook of his neck. ?You?you don?t understand what you?re getting into, you know.?

?Maybe I don?t. But I do know that you have a choice?you can let these bad things get the best of you, or we can beat them. Together,? He leaned his forehead against hers. ?We can get you through this.?

?But??

?Together.?

That day was the beginning of a new life. Amethyst and her family were laid to rest, and Mara wept, knowing she would never be alone in her tears again. Several weeks later, Luke?s uncle delivered to him a document box which had been forgotten in the chaos of an earlier time. It had no name on it, but contained the deed to the Kenobi homestead and the three klicks of land that went along with it. It also contained a good sum of money, a dingy package with Luke?s name on it, a wooden necklace, and a mirror that was engraved with Mara?s mother?s name on the back. Mara kept the mirror on her new dressing table in the bedroom that had once belonged to her parents. The move was good for her; she and Luke worked hard to make the old Kenobi hut into a home, and Mara grew healthy and strong again. Her fo

18. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003

:eek:

Awesome! Simply awesome! =D=

I loved this story! :)

And, btw, Happy New Year, Emilie :) [:D]

19. JediSara

Aug 1, 2004
    Oh, this was great! =D= I don't know what to say. *hehe*

Great work! :D And Happy New Year!

20. Leia

Leia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 8, 1998
    Yay! A post! It is a happy new year indeed. ;)

Excellent, Emmi.

?Then we?ll take it one step at a time. I love you, Mara. They haven?t got anything bigger than that.?

The comment stopped Mara short. The Empire was cold and loveless. The Jedi of old became cold and loveless in their last years, and many a time did Obi-wan Kenobi tell his daughter Mara that this loss of love was what brought the old Jedi to their end. Lovelessness forced the Jedi to submit to the Empire. ?And only love,? Obi-wan had said to his daughter, ?will resurrect us.?

My favorite part. Very interesting idea of how the Jedi were destroyed. I think it makes perfect sense that the strict rules on things like love contributed to their downfall. I never really understood the reasoning behind the forbidden love...I mean, you can't completely block all relationships. The devotion to one's Padawan or Master is just as much of a "weakness" as love for one's family. That Padawan/Master connection is family to the Jedi.

Also, "only love will resurrect us" is a beautiful truth.

Great job, Emmi. =D= Just...yay. ;)

21. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    Yay! Splendid finish, Em! :) Loved all the L/M interaction. [face_love] You managed to make such a teenage couple believable. =D= You've managed to wrap up the fic concisely, with a focused point, and without any loose ends (at least that I could find), which is something few writers do for their fic. Cool points to you, and I am looking forward to Part 2!

~*~Austyn

22. Jedi_Master_Mouf

May 4, 2004
    absoultly loved it glad to finally get another post

23. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    You finished, Emmi! Yeah! Nice ending. Now Luke knows his father was a Jedi. :)

Hope your Senior year is fun.

24. Senator_Leia73

Dec 30, 2003
    Yes another post! :D

Over already? :(

I loved this story a lot. :D It had a great ending and everything. Thanks for the pleasure of reading this fic :D

Happy New Years everyone [:D]

25. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Emmi, I loved it! :D [face_love] You're such a gifted writer. :)

Luke being Mara's strength is just adorable. [face_love]

When will the next parts be coming? Or is there not going to be a next part? ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.