main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shades of Green (What if Luke and Mara were married before ANH?) --Sequel up at The Saga!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by EmilieDarklighter, Feb 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Fel_Horn

Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I love the story! I hope you can post more soon.

2. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Sorry about the parental-banning, Emilie. I'll try to help them keep this

UP!

3. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    A little boost from the author...still don't know when I can post again. I'm still surfing from school... Thanks for all the support!

4. jedi-thespian

jedi-thespian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2001
    OOH I love this! You have to write some more! I have never seen a fanfic like this one. This is one of the most creative ideas that I have ever seen!

OKay, I've got that out of my system.

Personally, I think that Luke's reaction (the punching) could have been a little less harsh, but if that was the only thing that Teray would have understood, fine.

When are you going to write more? This is great!

5. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
  6. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Okay, guys. I have an update. As of yesterday, I will be un-grounded in two weeks. That gives me plenty of time to get a couple of new posts ready, so I'll have more for you to read later. I have to go now, because this really annoying kid in my class is reading over my shoulder. Bye!

7. Jade_Fel_Horn

Mar 21, 2002
    Congrats on being un-grounded! Can't wait to see more of the story. :)

8. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Don't you hate the annoying ones like that?

I'm delurking to beg you to come back!

~Inyri

PS - Your parents sound really strict. Does the grounding thing help with grades?

9. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Congrats, Emilie! I love your icon, by the way. :)

10. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I love it too, Marie, but unfortunately, I never keep the same icon for long. :) I like a little variety...:)

No, the grounding does NOT help. It just punishment. I usually get really good grades, but then I kind of started slacking off last semester and almost failed Algebra...ack! NEway, I kind of deserved it, but I think my dad went a little overboard with the your-grounded-for-a-month-and-a-half thing. Oh well. I'll be back in a little while.

30 DAYS UNTIL SCHOOL IS OUT!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    that's wonderful news! I need to see where your story goes because I am like stuck on what I should do with my similiarly plotted one (which is barely started (not posted) - so don't worry)

12. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Delighted to hear it! Though you already know how I feel, I thought to boost this little baby ;)

Am [face_love]

13. Lara_Jadewalker

Lara_Jadewalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    Yea! Emilie and I are both ungrounded right now! Well, okay, I wasn't really grounded, just locked in the sock drawer. :(

But now I'm free to dance and sing kareoke! [face_laugh]

*Opens mouth and prepares to belt out song, when she is muffled by her alter-ego*

[Sorry, folks, I'll try to keep her under wraps in the future. This is not the post you're looking for. You may go about your business... ~Marie]

Hey! *leaves thread, humming to herself*

~Lara

14. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I have been partially un-grounded! I now get thirty minutes a day on weekends until report cards.

The next post sets the plot in motion. This is where the drama/action adventure slowly begins to peek out. hehehe

I'm SO evil!

15. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    so, when do you think we'll get a new post?

(and, yes, I was promoted - in case anyone noticed)

16. jedi-thespian

Mar 9, 2001
    Glad you're ungrounded! I remember when my parents used to ground me...

17. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    New post is with Am!

BTW, j_t----I LOVE that song! DC talk rules!

18. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    up....so,maybe new post Friday or Saturday?

19. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    The door opened slowly, letting soft, artificial light spill into the bedroom that Luke and Mara shared. It spread over Mara like a blanket, making her red-gold hair shimmer in the semi-darkness. She lay with her back to him, her body rising and falling with the soft rhythm of sleep.

Mara was beautiful.

Luke stood in the doorway, afraid to move; afraid to even breathe for fear that he might shatter the vision before him. Emotions churned wildly in his soul,, a confusing mixture of sadness, regret, protectiveness, pity, and caring washing over him like a tidal wave.

His eyes remained glued to the sleeping form in the bed, his wife. He wanted desperately to reach out to her. He wanted to hold her and explain that his actions at the party had only been borne of his concern for her. Most of all, Luke just wanted the fighting to end. He knew that his pride, no matter how wounded, was not worth fighting for when it came to the people he cared about. Luke was young, but the value of family and friends had been instilled in him since infancy. He knew that he and Mara both would be miserable were they to continue fighting.

He tiptoed over to the bedside and sat down, making an effort not to wake Mara. In her sleep Mara rolled over and sighed, shifting her pretty, innocent features towards him. For a moment he stared at her again, strangely entranced by her beauty, and he could not help but lean over and kiss her cheek. Silently, he made a vow to himself and to Mara.

We can make it together, Mara. We will. I know it.

Meditation. It was an everyday part of Jedi training, and a luxury Mara had not been able to afford lately. She chose now to meditate instead of sleeping, hoping to drown some of the anger and frustration in the mental sensations of the Force.

This, however, seemed different.

The Force swirled around Mara in an intense whirlpool of power and mystery. As she delved deeper into the sleep-like trance. Mara could not help but notice the way the Force surrounded her, growing in majesty as she reached further into its grasp. It seemed...magnified, in a way. Intensified. Strange. The sensation was familiar yet unlike anything she had ever felt before.

Something or someone was enhancing her Force sense.

Mara breathed, straining to locate the source of the magnifying power. Through the sensation was warm and familiar, Mara knew instantly that it was not Father or Amethyst. There were no other trained Force sensitives on the planet.

In her frustration, Mara probed on one last time. She felt a wisp of emotions, a gentle brush like a kiss on her cheek. Suddenly, the haze cleared and Mara perceived one phrase.

We can make it together, Mara. We will. I know it.

Luke.

In an instant, as briefly as the contact had come, it was gone. Mara almost didn't believe it. Almost.

Luke. The simple farmboy she had married was Force sensitive?

Mara woke herself from the trance immediately, and found herself staring at the muscular chest of her husband. His arms were wrapped tightly around her. Mara sighed.

Luke has Force powers?

A crude smile spilt the face of Natasha Kilne as her ship, the Aquascream I landed near the outskirts of Anchorhead. Her huge, sickly yellow eyes bulged out of her reptilian head, wide with anticipation of her newest bounty-hunt. After all, it was a great honor to be chosen to hunt Jedi.

20. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Welcome back Emilie!
    Uh oh, a bounty hunter. Who is she after? Can't wait to find out. :)

21. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    EMMI!!!! Welcome back! *hugs* Great new post! I love the way you have Lukie and Mara interacting.

Bounty hunter... hmmm...

22. Jade_Fel_Horn

Mar 21, 2002
    Yay, a new post! Great job, glad to see you back.

23. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Awwwww cute Emilie! :D

24. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    RebelMom: Those bounty hunters tend to show up just when things get interesting, don't they?

Luney: YAY!! Luney's here!

Mara:*hugs back*

Jade_Fel_Horn: Hi and welcome!

25. jedi-thespian

Mar 9, 2001
    Oh! A POST! YIPEE! What a great L/M interaction! Glad to see this one going! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.