main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shades of the Past - 4/6 - AUTHOR'S NOTE *sigh*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jesina_Dreis, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Too much talk of escape tunnels - which means they're going to use them rather sooner. [face_worried]

2. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    There's a thread in Resource, Drabbo's Challenges. The first challenge is to write a drabble (exactly 100 words), and I posted one about Wedge, post-Hoth. Check out the thread...you guys could come up with some good ones, I bet.

Here's the Response Thread.

Jes

3. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    Jes

You're startin to scare me here..... I understand you're whole plot within a plot within a plot within...well you know. But you're really getting to the point where everything is so convoluted I can't follow it anymore :( I'm touched at the way you handled the whole "support Tycho while we make him do what's best for himself" speach that the Doc gave him. That was very well thought out. Are you SURE you didn't take a bunch of psych classes cause you really sound like you know the mentality of a social worker?

Okay, I'm in a funk today so I'm gonna go try to make my day go faster so I can get the blankity blank outta here. I'll catch ya later!

YodaRo

4. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Nice to get back to good old mental Tycho.

At least we know he can be recovered!!!

Yay!

5. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh nice post, love the parts with Tycho...hope he returns!

Can't wait for more :)

Still waiting for more of my baby ;)

6. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    I just posted a little Wedge vignette in Saga, inspired by that drabble I wrote.

Maybe

~Jes~

7. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Great job on both of the posts since I last posted - of course, you knew that I thought that, so this is strictly to assauge your paranoia and bolster your ego. :p

Seamless transition from the old storyline about Hobbie and Inryi - nice job editing it to work in the fact that, this time around, it's not a secret. :)

Keep up the outstanding work! :D

8. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! Tych is gonna be better!!!!

9. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    Epic, huh? Well...if it's gonna be 100,000 words, surely somewhere in there you can stick the in the words "clone" and "conspiracy" (consecutively that is). :p

From the look on Hobbie's face as she walked up to him, his pessimism was running on overload. Maybe she'd be able to dispel it
    I seriously doubt it.

Kell, apparently feeling the need to be optimistic, if only to balance out Hobbie
    Hmmm. You can try, Kell, but I think foreboding and despair will win in the end...

Ishana Lur watched Tycho for a moment
    It's TYCHO! :D

They're all okay, though
    Uh...Elassar's not.

He sat quietly for a moment before asking her, "Why doesn't that make me feel better?"
    :_|:_|:_|:_|

The mood stabilizers they had him on, combined with talking, tended to make his mouth and throat dry.
    Nice attention to detail.

"Perhaps." She folded her hands in front of her. "Tycho, if you recover to my satisfaction, you could conceivably return to active duty. You certainly wouldn't have to, but it would be possible to go back, if you wanted to."
    That's good, right?

"Bacta's one thing - trust me, I know,"
    *snicker*

At this point I'd just like to say I don't like the idea of more tunnels!

And quite frankly, I can't see you sitting out what remains of this fight."
    Neither can I!!!

Excellent postie. Of course I noticed you didn't resolve the last post's cliffie...how like you :p

10. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Replies tomorrow, but...

Posted another drabble, here. This one's about Wes :)

Jes

11. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Yay! Tycho's getting better! :) So, when are they going to tell Mirax that her husband isn't dead?

Why do I get the feeling that someone's not going to make it back alive from that mission on the ground?

So when do we get to hear more about Jes?

12. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Mag - Chapter 22...I know exactly why you have a bad feeling...because trouble is coming....
    Yeah, I think it's better now too.

Thor - [face_whistling] Whatever would give you that idea? Hmm? Would I make my characters have to run for their lives? Would I? Nah... O:)

Ro - It'll be starting to come clear...but then, you've cheated, so you already know that...Or did the cheating make you even more confused? :p
    I really liked the Tycho scene...as I've said before, I love writing emotionally draining scenes :) so I really did enjoy that one. No, I haven't taken psych at all...and honestly have no desire to, no matter how much I like writing this stuff ;)

Red - Now is that any way to talk about poor Tycho? And, yes, he can recover...but of course, there are no guarantees about that... :p

Luney - There's a lot more to the issue of him coming back than just whether he wants to... :p And there will be more Corran later. ;)

banana - :p Paranoia! Humph. [face_not_talking] There's a lot more rewriting to come about that...but you know that already. ;)

Valin - Well, it certainly seems that way...but are there ever any guarantees in my stories? [face_devil]

Spee - *sighs* No clone conspiracies. :p Oh, foreboding and despair always win out in the end. :p There's very little connection between Tycho and Elassar. He's a friend, but he's not one of the ones Tycho would be most concerned about...and at this point, she's trying to keep things positive.
    I don't think anyone likes the idea of more tunnels ;) Thor definitely doesn't.

Jaya - Mirax knows already. You'll see a little of her in a bit. You don't really think I'm going to kill someone, do you? [face_devil] There will be more of Jes in the next update.

~Jes~

13. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    [face_dancing] Good to see Tycho again. Hmmm... escape tunnels. Lots that could go wrong there. [face_worried] Hope Tycho will be back in action soon! :D

14. Wintych

Wintych Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2004
    Guess who we get to visit now....
    It's Tycho!!! :) :D

"...They'll be here in an hour or so, maybe sooner."
    "Unless Hekrig intercepts them," Hobbie interrupted.

Hobbie, Hobbie... always expect the worst o_O

"I take it it's someone I know?" Tycho asked, watching her closely.
    She nodded. "Corran Horn."
    Tycho froze, staring at her. Finally, after opening and closing his mouth several times, he said softly, "I don't understand."

That he does not understand is not astonishing, that must shock

She wanted to hug him.
    She isn't the only one :p ;)

"Tycho, if you recover to my satisfaction, you could conceivably return to active duty. You certainly wouldn't have to, but it would be possible to go back, if you wanted to."
    He will go back? Sure? Because it would be very nasty to give false hope

"How long?"
    "Huh?"
    "You and Forge. How long?"
    "About six months."
    "She's good for you."

Right. Hobbie and Inyri are cute together [face_love]

"Even if I did go back, though, do you really think anyone would trust me?" He let his mind drift back to the months after he'd returned from Lusankya. Based on that alone, he could probably give her a list of people who wouldn't want him to ever get back in a cockpit after this.
    Which question!!! who could not trust him? who could want that he does not return?

But, of course, she had to disagree with him. Again.
    This kind of interlocutor is irritating, even if they are right.

"...And I would certainly ask Wedge his thoughts before I cleared you for active duty. He's your friend, yes, but he also would never put you or the others in danger. I would trust his judgment on the matter."
    She is right, again. The proof is in the chapter 8 when Wedge said to Tycho:
    ?I know you don?t want to be here; I can?t imagine what it must be like for you. But, if it was up to me to decide if you stayed here or went home, I?d have you stay.?
    Wedge has a judgement sure.

15. RogueMara

RogueMara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    Okay...all caught up now...that was a lot of reading...I think I've gone cross-eyed...:p

Anyway, =D=

Yeah, it's kind of a cop out, but it's easier than reviewing everything in one post ;)

16. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    K_A - Boy, you guys are really sketched out by the tunnels thing, huh? I wasn't bad to them at all in the tunnels last time...it was just AFTER the tunnels [face_devil]
    As for Tycho, well, you'll just have to wait and see what happens there. He doesn't seem exactly dead set on returning, does he?

Wintych - Hobbs always expects the worst because that's what he usually gets stuck with. :) You think I'm above giving false hope? :eek: Surely, you jest. :p Tycho is still quite down on himself, and not thinking positively at all. It will get better as he gets better :)

Mara - Oh, I wouldn't expect a full review after that, trust me!! Glad to have you over here though :D

Jes

17. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Chapter 24

Wes and Ooryl paused outside the access door Inyri had pointed out on the schematic. "Ooryl, wait just inside. Try to find a place to hide, but keep where you can see the door. I'll keep my comlink on, with the setting low. Don't let Lonciez leave if you see him."

"I will not."

"Wish me luck."

"You will find her, major."

Wes gave him a quick, grateful smile. Then he turned the old-fashioned wheel to open the door, pausing to draw his blaster before he actually pulled it open.

Inside, the place was pitch black. Inyri hadn't been kidding about there being no power. Wes was glad he'd thought to grab a pair of night-vision goggles to replace the ones he'd lost during their rescue mission - even if the wise guy in supply had threatened to charge him if he lost these.

He crept slowly up and down the corridors, listening for any sounds and watching for even the slightest movement, but saw and heard nothing. He was going to have to start opening doors, and that could get dangerous. The last thing he wanted was to warn Lonciez he was there by sliding the door open, only to have the man start firing at him before he could even tell that the room wasn't empty. There had to be a better way.

He'd stopped in the middle of the corridor, trying to figure out just what that better way was when something caught his attention, though he didn't know what. Sidestepping quickly, he flattened himself against the wall around the nearest corner. His eyes widened as Lonciez walked right by him, less than a meter away. This was too easy, and something seemed very wrong.

Just the same, he wasn't going to let a potential opportunity slip through his fingers. "Hi there," he said, stepping away from the wall, blaster pointed at Lonciez. "Take me to wherever you have Jesina, and maybe she can talk me into not using this on you."

Lonciez regarded him for a moment before finally replying, "You're very good," and raising his hands slightly, signaling that he wasn't going to argue. "This way, toward the back."

"You're being very cooperative."

"I like living." He paused. "I have no intention of harming her. She used to be my partner. I care for her very much."

Something about that really didn't ring true with Wes, but he didn't feel like calling him on it right now. All he wanted was to get to Jesina, make sure she was okay, and get her out of here. They could figure this creep out later. "Yes, I'll bet you do. But the feeling isn't mutual, as I'm sure you've realized. And we want her back."

Lonciez stopped walking in front of the third unit to the end. "In here."

"Open it. And don't try anything, because I'd be glad to get in a little shooting practice here and now."

"I have no intention of becoming your target, major." He reached out with both hands and pushed the door up. It wasn't an easy task, and took considerably longer than Wes would have liked, but he saw that Jesina was indeed inside. She was sitting on the floor in the corner, hands secured with binders, but she looked all right.

"Release her."

Lonciez stepped forward, helping Jesina to her feet. He unfastened the binders and tossed them aside. He then, still holding Jesina's arm, spun her around and shoved her toward Wes, who stumbled backward as her full weight, slight as it was, hit him.

Jesina hit Wes and then the floor as Vayl bolted from the room, shaking her head in a futile attempt to clear the fog that seemed to be surrounding her brain. "He?it's all planned?he's going?" She stopped and shook her head again.

"Are you okay?" Wes asked, kneeling beside her.

"He?he drugged me?I think. Water?" She leaned her head against the wall as he left her side, returning a moment later with a canteen in hand. She drank it quickly, probably more quickly than she should have, and her head felt a little better. "You have to go. He's heading for the hangar - he's headed for the Imperials."

"I can't comm anyone. I just tried to reach Ooryl - we'r

18. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh good post! ACK Though, poor Jesina! Not fair that he's dead so *I* can't kill him...lovely post though! :)

Where's my baby? ;)

19. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Well... that can't be good.

20. RogueMara

RogueMara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    Aww...hugs all around!

I think I know what he did to her, though...he fed her McDonald's, didn't he? ;)

21. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    His eyes widened as Lonciez walked right by him, less than a meter away. This was too easy, and something seemed very wrong.
    Oh wow. That was really easy. Very nervous now.

I have no intention of harming her. She used to be my partner. I care for her very much
    Whatever, creepy stalker man.

He then, still holding Jesina's arm, spun her around and shoved her toward Wes, who stumbled backward as her full weight, slight as it was, hit him.
    Gah!

You sound like a sap
    *snicker*

Wes walked into the medcenter half an hour later, with news that Lonciez was dead and that there'd been no sign that the Imps were making any move toward them.
    Okay, so it's good he's dead cause then he can't tell the bad guys stuff...but now they can't get him to 'splain what's going on...

this looks more like poison. But it's not a substance I've ever seen before.
    Oh no!

Otherwise, she'll die.
    Ooooooooh noooooooooo!!!!!!!

Wes finally met Wedge's eyes once more. "Here we go."
    Yeah. Escape tunnels? [face_worried]

Great postie. Very concerned about Jes. Not looking forward to the tunnels. Confused about Vayl's real motives and such.

22. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    [face_whistling]

[face_whistling]

[face_whistling]

Nope, not saying a WORD! I'm not gonna talk!

I'll agree highly with Spee though, and my sense of despair and foreboding is currently off the chart. [face_worried]

I'm dreading finding out what it was that the evil creepy guy did to Jesina (by the way, do you REALLY not like Jesina that much? First ya kill her, then ya stick her with creepy guy, then ya stick her with Cracken *shudder*, then ya make Wes not love her any more- which is the WORST thing ya coulda done to anyone, then ya bring creepy guy back and have him poison her! You got issues sweetie! :D ). I'm glad they shot the bastard down but me thinks that may have caused a few more issues,like, Hello! you have NO CLUE what he really did to her...duh!

Okay, I'm gonna go be despaired and foreboded (?) in the corner until ya post again...*biting nails to the quick* I've got a bad feeling about this...

23. Wintych

Wintych Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2004
    You think I'm above giving false hope? Surely, you jest.
    Hmm. I would finish like Hobbie, thanks to you. Pessimist and imagining always the worst.
    Yet, it is an awesome story =D=

He'd stopped in the middle of the corridor, trying to figure out just what that better way was when something caught his attention, though he didn't know what. Sidestepping quickly, he flattened himself against the wall around the nearest corner. His eyes widened as Lonciez walked right by him, less than a meter away. This was too easy, and something seemed very wrong.
    Indeed, it is too easy...

"You're being very cooperative."
    Really too easy... something will turn badly...it is obliged, WITH YOU!!!

with news that Lonciez was dead
    Very well, but it would have been better than he speaks before.

The doctor looked up at him. "I don't actually know. She's hasn't regained consciousness, which worries me. Especially considering that I can't figure out what the substance in her system is, except that it's not a drug."
    Not a drug... [face_worried]

I don't think she was drugged - this looks more like poison
    Oh, NO!!!! I knew well that something would turn badly

"Only if I can find something to counteract whatever she was given, or if someone comes up with a way to neutralize the additional AHD. Otherwise, she'll die."
    No, no no, you could not do THAT!!!
    :_| :_| :_|

"General, we just received a communication from Udaaro. Elscol Loro is evacuating her command center."
    [face_worried]

24. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Heh. Nice post. I wonder what evil plan you've got worked out. Maybe it's nano-bots or something. ;)

25. LordInferno

LordInferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    They are sooo boned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.