main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shades of the Past - 4/6 - AUTHOR'S NOTE *sigh*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jesina_Dreis, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueMara

RogueMara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    MacGuyver...didn't think of him...*goes off to find Macguyver and give him the miscellaneous bits and pieces she's found*

2. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    Jes

You still love me?

I dunno...I might consider still loving you if you postie on one of your fics tonight. :D:p

Actually, since that interests you, go check out DownTime's challenge.
    Oh, but I have! Really, your evilness knows no bounds...here I am, supposed to be thinking about a very serious paper I need to write about PAC contributions...and now all I can think about is the best method for killing Wes!! :mad::p

He won't die in "False Truths"
    Pffffft. Sheyeah! You'll just send him to prison!

Nanner

*hands back the champagne* Save that until I'm older, will ya?
    Very responsible of you. Ro's such a bad influence:p...I'll just save this for when Hobbie's acquitted over in False Truths. *sticks tongue out at Jes*

Ro

I should have listened to you...the cat using the new microwave went very badly. Must teach him the difference between the number pad of the microwave and the phone dial (note: popcorn burns well before nine minutes and eleven seconds are up.)

3. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    Hey Mara , in stead of MacGyver, go try to find the dudes from ER and M*A*S*H*, they'd probably by WAAAAAAAY more helpful.... don't think Hobbs would want to be sewn together with bubblegum and a paperclip.

Kay.... still hopeing for no body= no dead Hobbs.... I know, I know... don't get your hopes up.... I can dream though right?

Sheesh, you know, she's rubbing off on us all now. Now she's done killing people, she wants US to do the dirty work for her....

Sing it with me children...........

FIEND FIEND FIEND FIEND FIEND !!!!!!!!!!!!!

;) but you're sooooooo good at it! ;)

4. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    *tiptoes in*
    YOU KILLED HOBBIE!!!
    :_| :eek: :_| :eek:

Joins Rowan_Jade in singing(even though my singing is punishment enough for most people)

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|
    Myri
    Grrrrr!! :mad:

5. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    *shakes head at Mara*

Spee - won't be an update tonight, I'm afraid...I'll try for one tomorrow. The index took most of my time yesterday.
    Oh, yes, I forgot you'd already complained about it...good luck on yours. I'm sure you'll survive it. :)
    I can't be horrible to Hobbie in TWO different stories.....that said, acquittal won't happen ;)

Ro - *jumps up and down* Hawkeye! Trapper! Honeycutt! YAY!!!
    there is a body, though :confused:...Gavin put him back on the ship....
    *bows*

Mirax - I'm sorry. I don't plan to kill anyone else...oh, wait...yes, I do...but I don't think you guys will be THAT mad at me for it...some of you might be happy ;)

6. RogueMara

Jan 29, 2005
    Jes: Don't shake your head at me...if you hadn't been little miss killorama I wouldn't be in denial :p So there :p

Ro: What's wrong with bubblegum and a paperclip? :confused: I mean, if it works, it works, right?

7. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Miss Killorama, huh? That's a new one.... you'll really hate me when you make it over to DownTime

I don't think she's saying that there's anything wrong with it...I think she's just saying it won't work...

8. RogueMara

Jan 29, 2005
    Well, well, well, look at Miss Negativity, lol :p

And I've already been to Downtime, I'm just a bad person who didn't post, lol :p By the way, you suck. lol ;)

9. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Aw...go post. Even if it's just to yell at me ;)

I'm already working on my challenge response :D

10. RogueMara

Jan 29, 2005
    lol...I'm afraid to see what yours will be [face_worried]

11. Rowan_Jade

Nov 14, 2003
    Spee

I should have listened to you...the cat using the new microwave went very badly. Must teach him the difference between the number pad of the microwave and the phone dial (note: popcorn burns well before nine minutes and eleven seconds are up.)

Ya know Spee, I am the Wisdom Giver for the Clan for a REASON!!!!!!!!!!

Ro's such a bad influence

See last comment!

Mirax

*waves* Hi New person! Welcome to Fiendville ( she kills EVERYBODY, but you get used to it, really! & Ro works fine- we shorten everybody?s name around here, Mag will take care of that later)

Joins Rowan_Jade in singing(even though my singing is punishment enough for most people)

*snrk* She?s never heard my Operatic Yoda has she??? Spee! Join me?.. Sing like the Dark Side is possessing you !!!!

Jes

*jumps up and down* Hawkeye! Trapper! Honeycutt! YAY!!!

*joins Jes jumping* (and alliterating our tails off) Look Spee! We're ALMOST frolicking!!!!

Radar, Col. Potter, Klinger........SOPHIE!!!!!!!!

Dude!!!!!!!! I LOVE that show!!!!!!! I can say honestly that my four years of flute playing netted one song, the theme from M*A*S*H*, such a talent I have?. And don?t tell Mirax how bad my singing really is ;)

Mara

little miss killorama [face_idea] [face_idea] [face_idea] [face_idea]

NEW TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol...I'm afraid to see what yours will be

I can pretty much guarantee, she?s gonna kill Wes?..

12. RogueMara

Jan 29, 2005

That's a good bet...

13. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    Ro

Ya know Spee, I am the Wisdom Giver for the Clan for a REASON!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, okay...sheesh. I just figured...you being so old and all...that your experience with new-fangled technology (e.g., microwaves) might be limited :p

Spee! Join me?.. Sing like the Dark Side is possessing you !!!!
    REALLY not a good idea...

Look Spee! We're ALMOST frolicking!!!!
    :mad: Did you take your shoes off first? No scuffing the thread floor!

Yeah, it looks like we're all going to be killing Wes...

Mirax

Have you checked out the PilotFic thread over in the Resource Forum? She's got us all killing Wes!

And you're in the index :D

Mara

Hehehe. Miss Killorama. *snicker*

14. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Mara, you get to help with giving titles. That's it.

15. LordInferno

LordInferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    You killed Hobbie. and Piggy. You know, technically Hobbie died on Hoth.

Looks like their toast hase been burnt and no amount of scraping will remove the black stuff.

16. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    LordInferno - Yes...poor Hobbs has now died twice (unless they killed him elsewhere that I don't know about). And don't forget poor random OC. :)

Post soon...

17. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    A bit shorter than usual...

[b]Chapter 26[/b]

Wedge stared at Elscol, her words not quite sinking in. "I?how?"

"He was shot twice, once in the back, once in the chest." She hesitated. "He never really had a chance, Wedge. Gavin carried him back to my ship, but he was already dead by the time they reached me. I'm so sorry."

"I know," he murmured, stunned.

Elscol was silent for a moment. "You've got some people here who are pretty bad off. The Twi'Lek is blaming himself." She explained to him what she'd been told about his falling. "And Inyri Forge isn't dealing too well with it either."

"No, she wouldn't?" he replied vacantly. "They?she?" He stopped speaking for a moment and shook his head, the shock finally hitting him full force. Tears were burning his eyes and he felt his throat close up. Even if he'd wanted to speak, he wouldn't have been able to.

Clearly sensing that he needed some time, Elscol spoke again. "Wedge, we'll be there in about forty minutes. Again, I'm sorry. [i]Firestorm[/i] out."

Wedge wasn't sure how long sat in the silence of his quarters after Elscol had ended their conversation before deciding he really needed to warn Wes. And then he needed to figure out how to keep an eye on Wes because the last thing he thought he could deal with was another pilot going off the deep end. And if anyone would have a right to after this, it would be Wes. He picked up his comlink. "Janson, I need to talk to you."

"Give me five minutes."

"Now, Wes." Wedge heard his voice break and knew Wes must have, too.

The Rogue was at his door in a minute and a half. "What's going on, Wedge?"

Wedge motioned him in. "Sit down, Wes," he said softly. As Wes stepped inside, Wedge closed the door and faced it for a moment, steeling himself. He wasn't sure that he'd be able to say the words. He didn't know how Elscol had managed to. Slowly, he turned around and moved away from the door.

Wes was, if possible, even more serious than he'd been for the last few hours. "What's going on, Wedge?"

Wedge couldn't bring himself to say it just yet. He swallowed again, tears filling his eyes - tears that didn't go unnoticed. "Wedge, what happened?" Wes asked again, his voice a little shaky.

"Hobbie was shot, Wes. Twice. He didn't even survive the trip to Elscol's ship. She's bringing his body back." The words came out in a rush, and were punctuated by dead silence as all color drained from Wes' face.

After several minutes of simply staring at each other as knowledge shifted to understanding, Wes finally managed to ask, "How??"

"Their command center was raided. Piggy was also killed, and Duryll Seco," he replied slowly. "I don't know exactly what happened. Sounds like Ensa fell and that's what drew the Imps' attention. He's blaming himself, and Inyri isn't doing very well."

"Neither am I." Wes stood abruptly. "I'm gonna go, Wedge. I can't?"

"Wes," Wedge reached out and grabbed Wes' arm. "Damn it, Wes. I just went through this with Tycho. I'll be damned if I'm going to let you do the same thing."

"I'm not going to lose it, Wedge. I'm not going to go down a bottle of whiskey, and I'm not going to put a blaster to my head. I'm going to go check on Jesina, and then I'm going to go to my quarters so hat I can hopefully be a little more composed by the time Elscol gets here." He tried to pull away, but Wedge wouldn't release him.

"Let. Me. Go." Wes' voice took on a dangerous edge as they locked eyes. When Wedge wouldn't let him go, he shoved him backward to break his grip, and then disappeared out the door as Wedge picked himself up off the floor.

Wes and Wedge, who seemed to have forgotten about their little altercation, were waiting when Elscol docked with [i]Lusankya[/i]. Ensa was the first off the ship, his head down so that he wouldn't have to meet anyone's eyes, and was followed by Donos, Gavin, and finally Elscol, all looking exhausted and lost. "Forge is in the cabin," Elscol said as

18. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *sniff* Awwww so sad! Poor Wes and Inyiri and Wedge...beautifully done though, but SO sad. :( Love it :)

19. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Jes': :( :-| [face_worried] [face_plain]

**Sees dead Hobbie**

**Sees grieving Rogues**

**Sees wider moral point**

**Likes it!!**

- The Imperial Ewok

20. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    *sticks fingers in ears and starts chanting*

Hobbie won't die ... Hobbie won't die ... Hobbie won't die ... Hobbie won't die ... Hobbie won't die

21. RogueMara

Jan 29, 2005
    :_|

Okay, so I didn't actually cry...I've been told I'm a cold emotionless robot ;) But it was sad...poor Wes! Poor Inyri! POOR HOBBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hobbie dead = NOT GOOD! lol

It's 7 am and I have been violently torn from a peaceful slumber by a noisy household, so that's as good a review as you're going to get, lol ;)

22. bkwormlisa

bkwormlisa Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2005
    Actually, I like Inyri. But out of all the "old" Rogues, she's probably the one I would miss least. I'm not sure why.

And yes, I understand why. And out of the four, Hobbie is the one I'd pick to die (for the same reason as Inyri).

But honestly, I loved their reactions. It felt -- right. Like that was exactly what would happen when they lost a good friend.

23. Wintych

Wintych Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2004
    :_| :_| :_|

It's sad, very sad
    It shows well at which point everyone is upset.

"Let. Me. Go." Wes' voice took on a dangerous edge as they locked eyes. When Wedge wouldn't let him go, he shoved him backward to break his grip, and then disappeared out the door as Wedge picked himself up off the floor.
    Oh, Wes... Wedge is only worried, he is very sad him too :(

*winces* Out of curiosity, who would you have had me kill if not Hobbie?

let us proceed by elimination:
    Jes would have been most obvious, too obvious...
    And it is necessary that is somebody of known...
    let us see...
    Wedge, Wes, Hobbie, Tycho, Corran.
    let us put side Tycho and Corran (Tycho:not very probable considering the circumstances. Corran: well, some would be delighted...and then he has just returned)

Remain Wedge, Wes, Hobbie
    let us put side Hobbie, for once that he is happy!!!! (Grrrrr :mad: )

Well, well, it remains Wedge and Wes...
    Wedge is (generally) relatively saved...that would change. And it would be a shock. But the story is not finished (and he has Cracken to strangle :p ), perhaps at the end to conclude the trilogy. I would not like that but considering how you began this story this would not astonish me!!!

Well, well, well, it remains Wes...
    imagine, Jes is finally saved, she awakes and she learns that Wes died. Jes would be devastated to lose him. after all these years far from him. It would be very sad, perhaps even more than for Hobbie, because, which does not adore Wes?

So the answer is Wes. [face_devil]
    (not that I would be happy with that)

Hmm, I should perhaps hide me?

24. Rowan_Jade

Nov 14, 2003
    Methinks it's best that I should just ignore Wintych's last comment there .... it's bad enough Jes WANTS us all to kill poor sweet Wes...okay, I'm NOT gonna obsess, I'm NOT gonna obsess, I'm NOT gonna obsess.... nope, not working.... I'm gonna obsess.....:_|

You want me to kill the man I love!!!!!!!!! Okay, I know he's a fictional character..... but JES!!!!!!!!! he's the PERFECT man!!!!!!!!!! and you want me to kill him...... :_| *sniff* okay, I'll work on it....

On with the reviewishness..... (that is now a patented YodaRo word by the way)

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

What more do you want from us????????

*grumble*

Rotten

*grumble*

I can't really think of anything to say.... besides, it's kinda hard to type when you can't see the keyboard cause you're flippin crying...... AGAIN!

I'll sum up:

Hobbie shouldn't have had to die.

okay, that's about it......

Did you catch that Jes?

Hobbie shouldn't have had to die.

Meanie! :mad:

Okay, now.... how to kill Wes..... sheesh, first I gotta make him pre-pubescent now I gotta kill him..... ACK!

25. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Can I kill someone? Please...

It's just all too sad!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.