main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shades of the Past - 4/6 - AUTHOR'S NOTE *sigh*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jesina_Dreis, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    Sure Red!

Go kill Wes..... Jes & Myri'll LOVE ya for it! :D

;) Yet another shameless plug ;)

2. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    "Wes," Wedge reached out and grabbed Wes' arm. "Damn it, Wes. I just went through this with Tycho. I'll be damned if I'm going to let you do the same thing."
    "I'm not going to lose it, Wedge. I'm not going to go down a bottle of whiskey, and I'm not going to put a blaster to my head. I'm going to go check on Jesina, and then I'm going to go to my quarters so hat I can hopefully be a little more composed by the time Elscol gets here." He tried to pull away, but Wedge wouldn't release him.
    "Let. Me. Go." Wes' voice took on a dangerous edge as they locked eyes. When Wedge wouldn't let him go, he shoved him backward to break his grip, and then disappeared out the door as Wedge picked himself up off the floor.

Oooooh... this exchange is so sad...:_| No really, :_|!

He couldn't remember the last time he'd really cried.

Gah...so...sad...heart...going...to...break

And now you want me to kill him? :p

This was all so very well done Jes. Everyone's reactions are very touching and in character. All I can say is

:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|

note: Wow, as if on cue, my IPod has started playing REM's "Everybody Hurts"

3. Rowan_Jade

Nov 14, 2003
    Spee, your iPod is starting to freak me out.... that's twice now!

*starts whistling the Twilight Zone theme*

Freeeeeeeeeeeeeaky!

4. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    My iPod does the same thing, only on False Truths...

[face_worried]

5. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Ok, so I didn't literally cry when Hobbie was shot... but I cried reading about Wedge and Wes crying... <wails>

:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|

Have any tissues, Jes?

6. Rowan_Jade

Nov 14, 2003
    [face_whistling]
    Hi!

Shameless plug department here!

Someone *coughRocough* posted a fic for the Pilot Challenge (darn her for making me kill my baby! :_|) so someone should go read it.....

Coming Home

It's crap but it passed almost a whole hour at work! Whoopie!!!!

7. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    It is NOT Ro.

*hands out tissues*

Be back later....

8. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    That was heartbreakingly awesome, Jes.

Loved the new scenes - you really added a lot to the whoe concept of Hobbie's death, and whether I enjoy that concept or not, it certainly works well in the story, even better than before.

Keep up the great work!

9. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    :( I miss Hobbie. You're mean. You kill people off for fun. :p Know who you can kill off next for fun? Cracken! Then Fey'lya. Then blow up the Star Destroyer with what's his name on it. And then you can make them go back in time and save Hobbie. :)

10. LordInferno

LordInferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    Good scene. Still can't get over Hobbie dying. Maybe his ghost can possess a robot.

11. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Luney - Sad was what I was going for... tearjerking even :) And don't forget how Tycho will react.

McEwok - wider moral point :confused: Um, okay... ;) Glad you like :D

Thor - sorry, :( ... remember, the good die young :_|

Mara - You didn't cry? Shame on you! :p Oh, hey... did you catch the A-Team allusion in this?

Lisa - I'm glad. I wasn't sure if I was making the reactions truly realistic. Thanks!

Wintych - You're one of two people who commented on the scene with Wes shoving Wedge away. :) I'm glad you did, because I liked it.
    Yeah, hiding might be good. ;)
    Actually, no!! Come out and write a killing Wes challenge response (go to DownTime in the Resource forum and look at the challenge on the first page)

Ro - Yes, I agree, he shouldn't have had to die... but he did die... and now we must all mourn his passing... and move on to greater tortures

Red - Yes... as Ro mentioned... kill Wes (from his POV)

Spee - I'm glad you commented on the scene between Wedge and Wes. I loved that part
    I'm glad you found it realistic.

And... you guys and your creepy IPods

Myri - *holds out tissues* Glad I made you cry :) It means the writing worked ;)

Nanner - As one of the reviewers over there pointed out... I needed more grieving. Of course, the new scenes don't mean the later ones will be cut. I'm really glad you think it all works. :)

Jaya - Wow... that's a long list of requests. Killing Cracken... has possibilities. Fey'lya... more possibilities. Blowing up the star destroyer... more possibilities. Saving Hobbs... nope, sorry :( He no come back :_|

LordInferno - *shakes head* Can robots even BE possessed?

~Jes~

12. RogueMara

RogueMara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    A-Team?!? What?!? No! Where?!? *goes back and reads*

13. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    allusion might not have been the best word... more like "similar scene"

14. RogueMara

Jan 29, 2005
    Can you give me an episode? lol

I think I see it, but if you give me an episode I can be sure :p

15. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    You should get online, Mara ;)

Family Reunion

16. RogueMara

Jan 29, 2005
    I was banging my head on walls trying to place the episode ;)

17. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Look what I've got....

A little short, I know, but you guys'll live. As it is, it's got an extra scene. Actually, you've gotten three extra scenes, because this used to be part of the last post. When I added the two scenes at the end of 26, I moved a couple scenes to here.

Okay, I'm done justifying my short post to you. Go. Read. Review. :cool:

[b]Chapter 27
    [/b]

Wedge stared at the comm unit. When Corran had regained consciousness, he'd commed Mirax right away to tell her that her husband was alive and well. He'd wished he could do it face-to-face, but the situation simply wasn't conducive to that. Even so, that was the kind of information that it was okay to give over the comm.

Not so with Hobbie's death - especially not when the person you needed to give the news to was in a mental facility because he was depressed and suicidal.

Wes had been Hobbie's best friend; there was no question about that. But Tycho had known him the longest, since their training at the Academy on Prefsbelt, and Hobbie had help smooth his transition over to the Alliance, even in the face of Janson's initial extreme dislike of the Alderaanian.

Not only that, but Jesina was ill, possibly dying.

He frowned and turned away from the unit, closing his eyes and leaning back in his chair. [i]"Yeah, Tycho, I know you're only finally starting to get better, but I've got some news for you. Not only is your best childhood friend probably going to die, but the only [/i]other[i] link to your life before Alderaan was destroyed has been killed."[/i]

He sighed and opened his eyes, staring up at the ceiling. It was a good thing that Tycho had gone into the hospital before they'd embarked on this assignment. For Corran's supposed death to have pushed him over the edge, he must have been extremely close to it as it were. If he'd been here, now, to see what was happening with Jesina and then had to deal with Hobbie's death?.

He closed his eyes once more. He didn't want to think about what might have happened had that been the situation.

He couldn't tell Tycho over the comm. Not only was this the type of information you had to give someone face-to-face, but he didn't like the idea of Tycho finding out when the squadron was away. Wedge wanted to be there to talk to him, to lend a little support.

Yes, Tycho had Winter, and Winter was an incredible help to him; he didn't think Tycho could have gotten through this without her. But this was the squadron, and the four of them had been together almost since Yavin. This was the type of thing they needed to be together for.

He glanced back at the comm unit. He'd let Winter know, though, so she could talk to Ishana about it. He certainly couldn't deliver news like this without Tycho's doctor knowing about it, just in case he didn't handle it well.

[i]Just in case?[/i] Who was he kidding?

"Wedge, you have to involve her!" Wes exploded. They were planning a strategy session with Elscol, and trying to decide who to include. He was fighting for Inyri; she had every right to have a role in this.

Wedge shook his head. "No, I don't. She's very emotional right now-"

"And that's different from you and me how?" Wes asked pointedly. He remembered all too well their last altercation. Wedge was lucky he'd pushed him instead of punched him.

He saw with some satisfaction that Wedge was at a loss for how to counter his point. "Come on, Wedge. She's earned it. So has Gavin. When Hobbie was shot, they took over, and they got themselves, Donos, and Ensa out alive. They deserve to be involved in this. They have just as much at stake as we do, and they've both proven themselves."

"Janson has a point, Wedge. You're down by five. Horn will be up and around soon. Dreis may not be. You need all the input you can get - and this is the way you've always done things. I say, involve all the Rogues, and the Wraiths, for that matter." She paused. "I don't want to get involved in squadron politics, but this is my party you guys are

18. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh good post...wonder though what they need Wedge's permission for....hmm...

Still need my baby! ;)

19. Rowan_Jade

Nov 14, 2003
    Well, ya didn't tell me it was the part I'd already known about. But I stopped right after this so I'm back to being in "Despair and Foreboding" mode (Nanner's rubbing off on me).

I like what you changed and what you didn't put in here yet, which I will not comment on until we get to it here so as not to ruin that part (HA! now I'm confusing YOU!).

I'm not in the least bit assured that Tycho isn't going to totally flip when he finds out, even if Winter and the Doc are right there. I think he's just gonna snap.... but I guess I'll have to wait and see won't I?

And we're still not confronting Hekrig so, to quote the masters... "I've got a bad feeling about this." Hekrig just gives me the heebie jeebies for some unkown reason...

Okay, gonna go bite my nails to the quick (and try to find a job)....

20. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    For some reason I got a hankering for Chinese food when I got to the end of that post...

*shrugs*

21. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    A short post is better than no post, that's what I say...or...what I just said.

He certainly couldn't deliver news like this without Tycho's doctor knowing about it, just in case he didn't handle it well.
    Just in case? Who was he kidding?

Guh! I think Tycho's really gonna lose it when he hears...*sigh*...hasn't the poor man been through enough?

"And that's different from you and me how?"
    Nice point, Wes.

"General, this is Dr. Shula. I need to speak with you."
    Wedge swore under his breath. "Can it wait, Doctor?"
    "No. I need someone responsible for Jesina Dreis down here now." He couldn't tell from the sound of her voice whether this was good or bad. The way things were going, probably the latter.

Oh no...this does not look good...

The upcoming mission makes me nervous. Of course.

22. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Okay... so I lied over at Haven. I decided to keep on reading over here.

YOU KILLED HOBBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|:_|

Can we make Corran be dead again and Hobbie alive? Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sniffs*

I can't believe that you killed Hobbie, sent Tycho into a mental hospital, and and and-

:_|:_|:_|:_|

Why, Jes, why?

:_|:_|

HOBBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, excellent story so far! :)

*goes back to crying over Hobbie*
    :_|:_|:_|

~Jenn

23. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    *grins at her influence of foreboding and despair rubbing off*

Ah yes, wonderful writing, as usual. Great work with Wedge's thoughts on telling Tycho - it seems to fit that all he can worry about is how his squadmates and friends will take the events, never once thinking about how close of a friend Hobbie is to HIM.

Keep up the great work!

pssssst - should i still try to keep up the foreboding and despair? ;)

24. RogueMara

Jan 29, 2005
    Gah! Damn you and your suspense! You just like to watch us all squirm, don't you?

Damn right Inyri gets to be involved :p

Wedge glanced at Wes and could see the anxiety in his eyes. He was practically bouncing in place.

I could see Wes doing this...

25. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I have a bad feeling, a very bad feeling. [face_worried]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.