main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shades of the Past - 4/6 - AUTHOR'S NOTE *sigh*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jesina_Dreis, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintych

Wintych Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2004
    Oh, are you still reading over at "False Truths"?
    Yes, yes, I don't have reviewed because...I do not have an excuse except that I bought an fascinating book that I don't stop to read...(it tells the life of this marvellous horse which was and which is always OURASI - he will be 25 years old in April)
    I promise to review soon

"It was used on General Bel Iblis."
    Wes frowned. That was interesting, if in a frightening and concerning way. "Is he all right?"
    She nodded. "Yes, he's fine. Still a little weak, but he resumed command within a week of beginning treatment.

Hmm, Bel Iblis is sick? Who could poison him? :confused: [face_thinking]

"She's going to be fine."
    Jes is saved!!! :)

He saw Janson, who had just slipped back into the room, stiffen when he assigned Dia to Hobbie's position.
    This will be hard for Wes :(

"I'm sorry about Hobbie.
    Everyone is sorry for Hobbie (sniff)

And Janson told me about Tycho's problems. I feel badly about that
    it's obvious

2. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    YOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone seen our wayward Empress around???? She seems to have forgotten about all of her little chldren over here.

Well, I'll just bump this up to the front in case she comes looking for it.....;)

Perhaps if she sees her forgetten fics she might be encouraged to UPDATE them!!!!! [face_thinking]

3. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    Ro, she said something about an update YESTERDAY at Downtime. Grrrrrrrr...

4. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Red - Well, considering I could have killed her off, yeah, things are getting a little better... A little.

Nanner - Yes, I'll bet you do. And I like worried Wes. :)

Valin - If the Empire is at the rim, why would they want coruscant?
    Who says they want Coruscant? ;) [face_devil]
    As for whether the worst is over, well... no.
    And regarding Kell's rank, I've fudged a few ranks. The ones in the books tend to annoy me for some reason.

LordInferno - *shakes head* Yes, Kell blowing stuff up. Not sure how much of that you're actually going to see though...

Jaya - :p

Thor - Am not. :p I had this already written. So there.

Spee - I can be nice. On occasion. I love the sentence about Wes' skills... sad as it is. And, yeah, optimism doesn't last long in my fics, does it?

Mara - You noticed that line, eh? *laughs at 21 Toothbrush salute* Wonder what their equivalent of the 21 Gun Salute in the GFFA is...

Mirax - Oh, I'll be back to Fiend!! in no time, don't you worry...

Ro - I just dared you to follow up on ideas, that's all. And I believe there will be one-click emoticons at the new boards. And things will start making sense, really... though not entirely by the end of this. That's what the sequel is for.

K_A - I think everyone likes this Corran better. Can't wait to see what you guys think of what I have in store for him in my next fic.
    Sorry I haven't kept up with Legacy of Light. I've been struggling w/ my fics and working on the new board. Oh, if you want the link to the board, PM me. And I promise I'll catch up soon. I've fallen behind in Red's stuff too. [face_blush]

Wintych - About Bel Iblis, well, this is all a part of a greater scheme. Yes, this all is hard on Wes... poor boy. :(

Next post in a minute!

~Jes~

5. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Wow, I think this is the longest I've ever gone between updates...

[b]Chapter 29
    [/b]

"Hey." Iella's voice was soft and laced with concern, her Corellian accent thicker than normal. Looking up, Wedge thought for a moment about trying to force a smile but changed his mind. She knew him too well, and he wasn't sure he could do it anyway. Instead, he just returned her greeting.

"Hey."

She hung in the doorway for a moment. "Why didn't you tell me?"

She was, of course, talking about Hobbie; he'd been expecting her. "I didn't know how." He shrugged. "It was easier to say it once and be done with it."

She came around the desk and perched on the edge, taking his hands. "I'm so sorry."

"Thanks." He patted her hand. "Me too." He glanced at one of the holos on his desk. There were two that he took everywhere he went. Both had been taken in the same place - on Adumar, after the civil war had ended and they were in the midst of mopping up. One was of him with Iella. The other, the one that had his attention now, was of him with Tycho, Wes and Hobbie.

"I don't know what to say to anyone. Gavin and Wes have been taking turns comforting Inyri, and Wes is still worried about Jesina. I want to be the one to tell Tycho, but I don't have a clue when I'll be able to." He shook his head. "Then there's this whole situation." He waved his hand around the room, frustrated. "I'd give anything to be able to tell Elscol she's on her own and just go home."

As he said the word 'home' his voice broke. "Fifteen years, Iella. I've known him for fifteen years. Fifteen years of fighting and killing and coming closer and closer to not going home." A few tears slipped from his eyes. "I don't think I can do this anymore."

"You have to, Wedge." She knew her words must have sounded harsh to his ears, but there wasn't much she could say. She knew his conscience wouldn't let him walk away from Elscol now, and would never let him turn his back on the New Republic. He cared too much, and believed in it too much. There was a reason he'd been flying for them for fifteen years, and there was a reason Tycho, Wes, and Hobbie had followed him through all those years. Their sense of duty was unmatched by anyone. She put her arms around him, letting him rest his head on her shoulder. It killed her to see someone as strong as him brought to tears. "It'll be all right," she murmured, adding silently, [i]somehow[/i].

Wes was, again, sitting by Jesina's bedside after seeing off Elscol and her contingent of Wraiths. The doctor had only just given her the second dose, but her vital signs were already stronger. He felt a hand on his shoulder, and looked up to see Doctor Shula. "She'll be all right. I'm guessing that she'll come around within the hour. She's recovering much faster than I'd expected." She paused. "She's a strong woman, and she's got a lot to wake up to."

His face colored slightly and he mumbled a thank you, and then looked back to Jesina as the doctor turned away. "Come on, Jes. Wedge needs you. Without Hobbie, and Tycho, you and me are it."

Then he shook himself. What was wrong with him? He was acting as if all he cared about was her ability to do her job. He felt like he was channeling one of Han and Leia's arguments on Hoth. "Sorry about that. You're not even conscious and I'm being an ass. Come on, Jes. We need you." He took her hand, squeezing it lightly.

Jesina thought she heard words through the haze around her brain. [i]Needs you?without Hobbie?you and me?not even?being an ass.[/i] She felt a hand on hers and squeezed gently. She didn't mean for it to be as feeble as it was - she just wasn't able to muster much strength. As she struggled to open her eyes, she thought she could see Wes beside her, but couldn't make out much more than blurs of color. "Wes?" she tried to ask, but it came out, "es?"

Wes heard what sounded like his name and his eyes went immediately to her face. "Jes? Je

6. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    Ooooo! Wes/Jes!! Almost!! Poor Inyri. You're not a FIEND!!!. Yet...
    Myra
    First Postie!! :D

7. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    Awwwwww........ :_|

Now I'm gonna start crying again too!

"Sorry about that. You're not even conscious and I'm being an ass. Come on, Jes. We need you." He took her hand, squeezing it lightly.

Uh, Jes. Didn't you forget the last part? "I need you."
    You seem to have misplaced that bit.

He left it at that, but was more than a little uneasy. Something wasn't right, no matter what she said, and she was starting to worry him. But telling her that probably wasn't the best idea, and it wouldn't do one blasted bit of good.

Oh Great! Haven't you tortured Inyri enough already you fiend???

His CO nodded again. "We talked for a little while, and I did my own share of crying." He smiled. "Women are good for that."

Yet another reason in a LOOOOOOOOng string of reasons that Wedge is bordering on the perfect man ;)

More please [face_praying]

8. RogueMara

RogueMara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    Awww....Wes crying?!? *hugs Wes*

If I were capable of crying I would have cried at this *sniff*

I liked the interaction between Wedge and Iella...

*sniff*

:_|

And what's up with Inyri? What are you going to do, Jes? *is scared* lol

9. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Great post, Jes! Beautiful job with everyone's grief. So heartwrenching. :( Nice to see Iella, and I liked that Jesina and Wes were there for each other. [face_love] Don't worry about getting behind on Legacy of Light -- it's finished now so you can take as much time as you want catching up. ;) I'm falling behind on everything as well, because classes just have started for the semester over here. Goodbye free time, hello study... :_|

10. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    These posts have been soooooo sad...Please please my need for mushiness by having Wes and Jes kiss. Or preferably, make out. [face_laugh]

11. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Wonderful post. :D

12. Sephrenia

Sephrenia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    I know I am fairly late with this, but I have only recently caught up with the posts.

How could you do this to Hobbie and Inyri????? :_| :mad:

Evil evil author :p

13. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh good post! JESINA WOKE UP! Wahoo! Sad over Hobbie still though :'( Aww Gavin's sweet...*hugs him*

Where's my baby?

14. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Very well played...

And men need to learn to cry more... it's very theraputic!

15. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    How could you make Wedge and Wes cry? Haven't you given a single thought to their reputation? *face_indignant_disbelief* ;) :p

16. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    ::sniffles::

Either the allergies are acting up again, or this story has...::sobs::

Nope, it's the story. ::still can't believe Hobbie is dead:: ::runs off to go read djcati stories that have lots of Hobbie::

:(

Great update. :)

17. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
  18. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    [color=000066]ANNOUNCEMENT: Due to DRL (and writer's block, but moreso DRL) none of my stories will be updated before next week. I have a few thousand pages of reading and 20 - 30 pages of writing to do.

My apologies. I will still be around the DownTime boards, but writing is going to be too much for my brain right now.[/color]

[b]Myra[/b] - Yup, almost Wes/Jes... and I will be a fiend. [i]Trust me[/i]

[b]Ro[/b] - Didn't misplace anything. Wes is being like Leia right now. Stubborn. And, yes, I've tortured Inyri enough... but... well ;)
    And I agree, Wedge is the perfect man....

[b]Mara[/b] - I've come to like writing Wedge and Iella. :) As for being scared, well, you should be...

[b]K_A[/b] - This post was actually written specifically for that purpose... to show the grieving. It covers a very short spanse of time before the **** hits the fan...

[b]Jaya[/b] - Thanks. ;) On two counts. :)

[b]Seph[/b] - You answered your own question. Because I'm an evil author. Though you know what? I'm going to start blaming my muse... everyone else does...

[b]Luney[/b] - I never cared much about Gavin til I started writing him as being friends with Inyri. Now he's fun. :) As for Corran, well, he's off... cheating in FT. :p

[b]Red[/b] - I love a man who cries :x :x

[b]Thor[/b] - Reputation nothing... I can see both of them crying over something like this. :p

[b]Mirax[/b] - My other story has lots of Hobbie... but you probably wouldn't like reading that either. I'm being evil to him there, too...
    I do love Cati's stories, myself.

[b]Myri[/b] - *offers tissues*

~Jes~

19. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    Which one? False Truths or Pain? I'm already hooked on both.

20. LordInferno

LordInferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
  21. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    *runs to catch up*

Yay, Jes is okay! Hmmm. Should have known even you wouldn't be so evil to kill off your namesake...or are you her namesake? Hmmm. [face_thinking]

Wonderful scenes, loved to see Wedge and Wes show some emotion. They're not invincible, after all... All of it was very well done.

Especially liked...

"I'd give anything to be able to tell Elscol she's on her own and just go home."

As he said the word 'home' his voice broke. "Fifteen years, Iella. I've known him for fifteen years. Fifteen years of fighting and killing and coming closer and closer to not going home." A few tears slipped from his eyes. "I don't think I can do this anymore."

22. RogueMara

RogueMara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    As for being scared, well, you should be...

This does not bode well...

23. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Myra - that comment was to Mirax-Jade; anything to you was to Myra.

LordInferno - o_O

Spee - Thanks. :) I'm always nervous about showing the weaker side of male characters.

Mara - Does it ever?

24. Mirax_Corran

Jan 25, 2005
    It's been a week. Oh, well, Myri said that she would update. :p
    Myra
    PS-Sorry about that. I have about six different names. I'm trying to get everyone to call me Myra, but it's a long, slow process. :)

And just why should I be scared? Haven't you tortured enough poor pilots in this trilogy??
    Myra

25. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    No, I haven't, Myra. ;) Not at all.

[color=347C2C]ANNOUNCEMENT

First off, this is identical to messages I've posted elsewhere, so if you've already read it, you needn't bother reading on. :)

I am very sorry to do this, but I've made the decision to leave the Jedi Council boards indefinitely. I might return in a month or two, and it is my hope that I will; however, I may not return at all. I will not be if things continue here such that moderators can bait users on issues of honest concern to said users with nothing being done, no apology, no nothing. It's too bad that good moderators tend to be few and far between. This isn't the only problem I have with the JC; there are a number of issues I have, and most of you are aware of them.

I will still be checking my private messages on a regular basis, and I will be finishing my stories. They will simply be posted elsewhere. I can't link to the site here as it contains material inappropriate for the Jedi Council forums. I will gladly provide the link upon request, however, via PM, email, or MSN. Take your pick. :) Please, please contact either myself or Myri_Antilles for the link. I'd hate to lose readers or the connections and friends I've made here as a result of the problems I have with certain... aspects of the administration here.

You guys are great. The reason I'm leaving has nothing to do with any lack of community I feel on these boards. I want to thank each and every one of you for supporting my writing so strongly. I appreciate it more than you know.

[:D] Jes [:D]
    [/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.