main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shades of the Past - 4/6 - AUTHOR'S NOTE *sigh*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jesina_Dreis, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordInferno

LordInferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    Ah the idiot nurse person. I like it. I still don't like the fact that you killed Corran. I do feel pity for Tycho, that teamkilling f-tard.

2. Anastasia_Fel

Anastasia_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    :eek:

You brought in a shrink!?

8-}

3. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    LordInferno
    Ah the idiot nurse person. I like it.
    Thanks. :) I thought it was good for characteriation - showed Jesina's protective side. Plus, writing it amused me.

I still don't like the fact that you killed Corran.
    You, Red, Ro...I think you guys are in the minority though. Unless you count Sarah, who is just upset because she liked Dark Corran.

I do feel pity for Tycho
    Good. You should.

that teamkilling f-tard.
    *shakes head* You guys and your inside jokes

Sam
    Yes, I brought in a shrink. And yes, you will be seeing more of her...so be warned. :D

Shameless Plug Time:
    Jeez, half of you havent been over to False Truths. What's the matter...don't you guys like Hobbie?

4. Anastasia_Fel

Sep 10, 2004
    But shrinks are just so...

Small :p

Seriously though, I've never liked 'em

5. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    LordInferno

Ah the idiot nurse person.

What do you think they'll do for suicidal tendencies? Rub some Aloe Vera on his neck? Oh, wait, that's for gun shot wounds...

6. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Yes, your brainless doll stayed in there :p

he he he

>again more insight of Leia and family<
    I thought it was a nice touch

it is :D

>me like that coming from Han<
    He can be a pretty smart guy - when he wants to be

he he he :p

>So much more insight of the struggle from the others, dealing with Corran death and Tychos attempt to kill himself<
    Again, I really am trying to build on that. Glad Im being successful so far

you are :D

7. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Sam
    Most people don't like shrinks. But that's because most shrinks are placating jack***es and have only a clinical perspective on things.

But that's just my two cents. :D

Red
    You guys and your blasted inside jokes!!!! :p

Mag
    Thank you so much for ALL your help. I really do appreciate it. You definitely deserve some of the credit for how good this story has become. [:D]

~Jes~

8. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Chapter 6

Jesina and Wedge were sitting side-by-side on the table at the front of the squadron?s briefing room the next morning, waiting in silence as the pilots filed in one or two at a time. Despite the fact that they?d been asked to arrive for 0800 ? and most of them would normally have barely made it on time ? everyone was there by 0730. Something about his message must have alerted them all to a problem. Everyone, that was, except Tycho, whose absence did not go unnoticed by the rest of the squadron. Wes approached him. ?Where?s Tycho, Wedge?? he asked softly.

?That?s what this is about, Wes. I?m sorry there was no time to tell you and Hobbie privately. Go sit down.? At this point, he was too exhausted to worry about offending anyone. Janson seemed to hear the strain in Wedge?s voice and nodded, taking his seat in silence.

Wedge took a few deep breaths, pacing back and forth across a couple of meters of floor space. He?d had a lot of difficult tasks in his time as Rogue Leader; this was going to be, quite possibly, the worst. ?I have an unfortunate announcement to make,? he said once all eyes were on him. He didn?t have to wait very long ? with the exception of a few brief remarks to each other trying to figure out just what, exactly, WAS wrong, everyone had been paying close attention to Wedge and Jesina since they?d come in.

?This morning, at approximately 0600 hours, Tycho Celchu was removed from active duty. Late last night, he was admitted to the psychiatric ward in Corusca Naval Hospital.? There was a formal tone to his words and he felt badly for that, but it was the only way he could keep his emotions completely in check. ?We?there is?he?ll remain there until his doctor, currently a woman named Ishana Lur, believes that he is capable of returning to duty ? and there is no guarantee that that will happen. This is partly due to Corran Horn?s death last week, but there are additional factors involved.?

?Who admitted him?? Wes was the first to break the silence that followed the announcement, and Wedge knew exactly what he was asking. He wanted to know if Tycho was in the hospital of his own volition, or because something had happened.

?Tycho came to us last night,? Jesina responded. She brushed her dark hair out of her eyes and looked away for a moment, drawing a deep, calming breath. ?He had considered suicide and requested help. Leia Organa Solo is the one who made the arrangements, but Tycho signed himself into the hospital. However, he did sign his rights to release over to the doctor. He can?t sign himself out of the hospital against medical advice.?

Inyri was resting her elbow on the table, chin in the palm of her hand. ?Wedge, you didn?t want anything said about Tycho?s?problems?the drinking, and the removal from command. But now that Leia knows, what?s going to happen? Are you going to get in trouble for covering it up??

?I don?t much care if I get in trouble for covering it up,? Wedge said honestly. ?I did what I thought was best. Tycho?s going through a rough time, as a direct result of doing his job. I wasn?t about to ruin his career over something I thought he could get through. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe I wasn?t. I don?t know, and I?m not going to.?

Jesina answered the rest of Inyri?s question. ?Leia?s going to do everything in her power to protect the Rogues ? and Tycho especially ? from the fallout from this. It is going to hit the sludgenews. Of that, Leia is certain.? Wedge shook his head at the irony. Tycho absolutely hated the sludgenews. ?As for his career, that?s entirely up in the air. Provided that Dr. Lur comes to the conclusion that he is capable of returning to duty, there should be no adverse affects on his career. If she thinks that returning to the squadron will cause him more harm than good, his career is over, starting now.?

?Can we see him?? Hobbie asked from where he sat next to Inyri. The rest of the squadron nodded, indicating that he was speaking for all of them.

Wedge shook his head. ?No. Not yet,

9. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    I'm with Kell...

want to go blow something up...

10. SweetPea

SweetPea Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2004
    Woo-hoo! Postie!

Remember, this is post-Adumar, so they've been friends for a good long time now....
    *consults timeline* Damn timeline. Uh-oh, am I allowed to say "damn?"

The opinions of the characters do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this author. Then again, maybe they do.
    Hmmm, have you considered working for Congress?

Chapter 6

and there is no guarantee that that will happen.
    Is he saying that Tycho might be locked up in the psych ward forever, or just that he might not be fit to rejoin the Rogues? :( Don't like either idea.

He wanted to know if Tycho was in the hospital of his own volition, or because something had happened.
    Sort of both, huh?

?I love you, but you?re an idiot,?
    Liked the Hobbie/Inyri interaction here.

It didn?t take long to figure out what had triggered Face?s explosion. ?That?s?and we can?t tell??? he asked, looking up at him.
    Face?s jaw was set in a thin line. ?No. We can?t.?

Slightly concerned here. What can't they tell who?? Or is that what can't they tell whom?

She let the door close behind her, but remained standing. ?I wanted to let you know a couple of things.
    Straight to business, as always.

He?d had this conversation a dozen times already ? with Tycho last night,
    The whispered conversation?

The conversations he?d had with everyone else were starting to mesh into one long drawn-out lecture.
    Sometimes you need to hear it more than once.

I really like the way you are writing everyone's reactions to Tycho's situation. Appropriate, moving.

Will we get to see Tycho in the hospital or are we banned from visiting too?

11. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Uh-oh! :eek:

*while everyone watches -thor- gaping he quietly hands Kell the blastpack and the fuses* ;)

12. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Red
    Why would that be?

SweetPea
    Uh-oh, am I allowed to say "damn?"
    Yes, you are, as far as I know, anyway

Hmmm, have you considered working for Congress?
    Funny you should ask that...that's one of a couple of career aspirations I have

Is he saying that Tycho might be locked up in the psych ward forever, or just that he might not be fit to rejoin the Rogues?
    At that point, he's mostly talking about rejoining the Rogues...but he's concerned about both

Liked the Hobbie/Inyri interaction here.
    I'm glad...that wasn't in the original version, and it's due in part to Mag's demands for more Hobbie/Inyri

Slightly concerned here. What can't they tell who?? Or is that what can't they tell whom?
    Give it another few chapters...Face is heading for a MAJOR crisis of conscience

I really like the way you are writing everyone's reactions to Tycho's situation. Appropriate, moving.
    Yeah, there was much less of this in the original version as well...something I'm trying very hard to correct

Will we get to see Tycho in the hospital or are we banned from visiting too?
    Oh, you'll get to see Tycho in the hospital...next post as a matter of fact

Thor
    [face_laugh] Not being very subtle there, Thor, doing it while everyone is watching

~Jes~

13. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Why would that be?

I like to blow things up.

14. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Jes': Kell looked around at the mess that was the office. ?I?d better get to blow something up.?

Face snickered and Kell grinned, despite the gravity of the situation ? and the news they?d just received. ?How about Cracken??

Kell shrugged. ?That works.?

Yeah, that works... :cool:

And humour glides back into the darkfic like, um, a Wraith? :p [face_mischief]

_TMcE

15. Wintych

Wintych Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2004
    Wes approached him. ?Where?s Tycho, Wedge?? he asked softly.
    :_| :(

"...However, he did sign his rights to release over to the doctor. He can?t sign himself out of the hospital against medical advice.?
    wise precautionary measure... (but Tycho is he quite conscious of what he signed?)

?It?s our fault,? he finally said and she stared at him disbelievingly.
    ?What? Whose fault??
    ?Wes and Jes and I ? you know we went to Wedge and told him we didn?t think Tycho was fit. We?re the reason he forced Tycho to take a leave. If we hadn?t done that?.?

Oh, no...Hobbie also feels guilty :(
    Remain Wes...

"...Don?t beat yourself up over it. You?ll just drive yourself crazy.?
    He winced and she put her arms around him. ?I?m sorry; bad choice of words..."

Yes, indeed... :rolleyes:

Then she kissed him lightly and leaned against him as he tightened his hold on her.
    [face_love] [face_love]

Kell looked around at the mess that was the office. ?I?d better get to blow something up.?
    Face snickered and Kell grinned, despite the gravity of the situation ? and the news they?d just received. ?How about Cracken??

Go Kell! :D :D

There?s every possibility that if you and Jesina hadn?t tried to talk to him, he might not be alive right now.
    I hadn't considered that... :eek:

Give it another few chapters...Face is heading for a MAJOR crisis of conscience

Humm... I don't like that [face_worried]

16. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Nice little Cracken joke. You are the only Rogue writer I'll read now. :cool:

17. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    my 1000. post here :D

Thank you so much for ALL your help. I really do appreciate it. You definitely deserve some of the credit for how good this story has become. [:D]

[face_blush]
    I am flattered :p

[:D]
    You are welcome honey :D

[i]Jesina and Wedge were sitting side-by-side on the table at the front of the squadron?s briefing room the next morning, waiting in silence as the pilots filed in one or two at a time. Despite the fact that they?d been asked to arrive for 0800 ? [b]and most of them would normally have barely made it on time[/b] ? everyone was there by 0730. [b]Something about his message must have alerted them all to a problem. [/b]Everyone, that was, except Tycho, whose absence did not go unnoticed by the rest of the squadron. Wes approached him. ?Where?s Tycho, Wedge?? he asked softly. [/i]

:D
    he he he
    you took it to heart what I said about them :D

For all the others I said:
    > And Jes and Wedge are without reason early? I mean normally they have a short notice for meetings like that on in A new Path and then the pilots who probably got drunk last night (for a good reason) are standing up earlier for a meeting that should begin a hour later? I know they think it is about Tycho but that all have the same thought and be there at 7.30! Admit it I would be too lazy to drag my butt out of bed earlier to get there an hour earlier then needed. I would think nobody will be there why should I? :D<

[i]He didn?t have to wait very long ? with the exception of a few brief remarks to each other trying to figure out just what, exactly, WAS wrong, everyone had been paying close attention to Wedge and Jesina since they?d come in. [/i]

:D
    >*imagine* They are all sitting nervous in the room, glancing on each other, observing the two commanding officers.<
    he he he

[i]Tyria jumped as she heard a crash from inside her CO?s office. Glancing quickly at the others ? who, until a moment ago, had been working on how to ?welcome? the Rogues to Lusankya ? to make sure she hadn?t been imagining things, she ran to the open doorway that connected the office to their briefing room. ?Face? What?s wrong?? [/i]

he he he
    hah! that is the part you showed me already :D

[i]He was staring, stone-faced, at his now clear desktop. Tyria glance at the floor, which was littered with datapads and files. ?Face?? she repeated as the others crowded in behind her. [/i]

oh oh :p

[i]?Where?s Kell?? he asked.
    ?He?s in the supply room,? she murmured. As little training as she had in the Force, she could feel something radiating from him. She wasn?t sure if it was anger or pain?maybe a little of both.
    ?Get him. And?go back to what you were doing.? He wouldn?t look at them at all. [/i]

will say nothing :p

[i]She stepped back, nodding. It wasn?t like him to act like this. Face had a temper; that much was certain. But an outburst like that was completely out of character for him. Slipping through the others, who?d moved back a couple of meters, she headed to the supply room. [/i]

:p
    they won?t like what you are doing here :p ;) he he he
    ]:)

[i]Inyri caught up to Hobbie outside the briefing room. ?Are you okay?? She?d been holding his hand under the table during the meeting and had felt him grow more and more tense with every word Wedge and Jesina had said. [/i]

honey you are great! You added it, you added it
    so great so great
    I thought you wouldn?t but you did :x :D [:D]

he he he

me like it, me like it

\:D/ \:D/

[:D] [:D]

[i]When he just kept walking, she grabbed his arm and dragged him down a side corridor. ?Would you talk to me?? she exclaimed. [/i]

yay!

[i]?It?s our fault,? he finally said and she stared at him disbelievingly. [/i]

now he is stupid :p

[i]?What? Whose fault??
    ?Wes and Jes and I ? you know we went to Wedge and told him we didn?t think Tycho was fit. We?re the reason he forced Tycho to take a leave. If we hadn?t done that?.?
    Inyri continued to stare at him. ?You?re an idiot.? [/i]

:^

18. Lady_WinterCelchu

Lady_WinterCelchu Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2003
    *Delurks* Finally. Ive been reading since bitter reunion and havent actually posted anyway. Poor Tycho, i know you love him too. so help him plz!!

19. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
    Red
    Another one of you, huh? Just don't blow up my thread, okay? Or, for that matter, my readers?

McEwok
    And humour glides back into the darkfic like, um, a Wraith?
    There's gotta be SOME humor, doesn't it...don't want to depress my readers too much.

Or myself, for that matter

Wintych
    wise precautionary measure... (but Tycho is he quite conscious of what he signed?)
    He knows...doesn't mean he won't regret it down the road, though

Oh, no...Hobbie also feels guilty
    Remain Wes...

You'll see some of Wes in the next chapter

I hadn't considered that...
    Neither had Wedge.

Humm... I don't like that
    You aren't supposed to. :D I'm still working out how to have him deal with it.

Chances are, though, you guys will figure it out before I actually resolve it, anyway.

Sarah
    Nice little Cracken joke.
    I had to make fun of one of my favorite "love to hate him" Intel jerk.

You are the only Rogue writer I'll read now
    *blinks* I'm flattered. Thank you.

In that case...do you think I could entreat upon you to read "False Truths"?

Mag
    [:D] Congrats on 1000

you took it to heart what I said about them
    Yeah, there's now a LOT of you in this story :D

they won?t like what you are doing here
    No. Not one bit.

honey you are great! You added it, you added it
    so great so great
    I thought you wouldn?t but you did

he he he

me like it, me like it

Mag, you are too funny. Yes, of course I added it. You really didn't think I would???

me like that
    great
    they deserve that

Hopefully you will like the scene added to next post just as much

*bites my tongue*
    'Tis appreciated, m'dear

*joins Kell when he is doing that*
    I really have rubbed off on you about Cracken, haven't I?

Glad you liked it, Mag

Lady_Winter
    Welcome!! [:D] Glad to have you in our little crew

Yes, I do love Tycho. He's safe from harm...for now, at least.

~Jes~

20. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Workin' on it, hon. ;)

21. Jesina_Dreis

Nov 8, 2004
  22. LordInferno

LordInferno Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2004
    Yay for blowing things up.

Red
    No, I don't think rubbing his neck with some aloe vera helps. I've done that though, rubbing my neck with some aloe vera, it feels nice.

23. Anastasia_Fel

Sep 10, 2004
    And the red wire's connected to the..

green one,

and the green wire's connected to the,

red stuff,

and the red stuff's connected to the,

timer

*goes on to sing her hand grenade song*

Yay for Kell!!

24. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    I'm here, I'm here, don't send me an over-anxious PM! :p

Great job, as usual. And as usual, I'm loving the improvements. Especially with the Wraiths. I think Face's out-of-character response totally fits, even though it's out-of-character . . . but only for the storyline itself, not for the characterization. And if I continue on that line of reasoning, I'm going to lose myself so badly, so I'm stopping.

This is what happens to you after you stumble through an hour's worth of crazy-hard nasty looking trig problems. *sigh*

Liked the Hobbie/Inyri part. You're definitely getting there on the characterization - in that area, I honestly think they're your weak spot, but you're improving. So yay for that!

Keep up the great work, as usual.

*goes off to review the other story before she gets an over-anxious PM from the over-anxious author. :p *

25. Sephrenia

Sephrenia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    All I can say is...

How could you do that to poor Corran and Tycho??? :eek:

Nah, I don't really mind that you killed Corran (actually I felt pretty bad for Mirax)... but Tycho??? :( I'm extremely partial towards Tycho.

And a shrink [face_thinking] ..... has anyone noticed how shrinks end up looking slightly PSY too? (apologies to any shrinks among the readers...)

Shameless Plug Time:
    Jeez, half of you havent been over to False Truths. What's the matter...don't you guys like Hobbie?

I'm so cross-eyed from reading now [face_tired] (marathon read of all posts and replies...) but I will pop by False Truths sometime later... I _like_ Hobbie... his sense of pessimism is good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.