main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shadow of the Coming Darkness (pre-NJO)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Alderaan_, Oct 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alderaan_

Alderaan_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    By "pre-NJO" I lean waaaaaaaay before ;)

This is the sequel to "The Forceproof Menace" (Don't worry, it'll only take a few minutes to read. ;))

I hope you like it!

It was night on Naboo. Mace Windu watched solemnly as Qui-Gon Jinn?s funeral pyre burned. A mysterious warrior had murdered the Jedi Master, a warrior as strange and obscure as the creature from Bimmiel. This new warrior, however, was obviously a Sith, while the other was still unclear.

?There is no doubt that this mysterious warrior was a Sith,? he remarked to Yoda.

Yoda nodded. ?Always two there are. A master and an apprentice. No more, no less.?

?But which was destroyed? The master or the apprentice??

There was a brief silence. Windu continued. ?Could this Sith have been related to the Force-resisting warrior on Bimmiel??

?It is difficult to see. Hard to see the Dark Side is.?

--------------------------------------------

Nom Anor?s villip inverted to reveal Commander Shedao Shai?s face.

?What is it, Executor?? said Shai.

?Your grandfather Mongei Shai has conducted his experiment, and it has gone well. However, the foolishness that runs in your family has prevailed. Mongei Shai was killed by a Jedi.?

?A what??

?Someone who had this.? Nom Anor held up Adi Gallia?s damaged lightsaber.

?What is that??

?I found it when I was cleaning up after your grandfather. His carelessness was stunning. The council of Jedi was alerted of his presence and sent search teams to look for his body. Thanks to me, they didn?t find anything. But if they did, you would have been held responsible!?

?Executor, you have no reverence. Get that machine abomination out of my sight.?

?You are ignorant, Commander. I must have tolerance with this galaxy if I am to properly carry out my job.?

?It?s no wonder the Warmaster sent you for the most despicable operation.?

?I have done my work well,? Anor defended himself. ?In fact, I have already selected a planet suitable for our first coralskipper nursery.?

Shedao?s eyes widened slightly behind his mask. ?So soon??

?Yes. I am on that planet right now. Send three worldships into this galaxy and set course for the planet called Zonama Sekot.?

---------------------------------------

Vergere watched the barber droid fuss over Anakin Skywalker?s hair. ?Hold still, Master Anakin,? it said. ?You must be in top condition for when Mistress Rabé arrives. You wouldn?t want to be late for the victory parade, would you??

?So Anakin,? said Vergere, ?I was told that you?re a hero.?

?Yup,? he said, turning to face her.

?Hold still!? said the droid.

?And I?m gonna become a Jedi soon,? he continued.

?Has Obi-Wan let you hold his lightsaber yet??

?No, I haven?t seen him since the funeral. He?s becoming a Knight now.?

Vergere handed Anakin her lightsaber. ?Here, take a look.?

?Wizard!? Anakin activated it, nearly bisecting the droid.

?Oh! Be careful, Master Anakin!?

Anakin deactivated the saber and handed it back to Vergere. He found himself liking her- at least she didn?t call him ?Young Skywalker.? The exotic facial patterns of her feathers also fascinated him. On Tatooine, ?exotic? had a whole other meaning.

?Where are you going to stand during the parade?? he asked her.

?I won?t be able to attend the parade. Master Windu has a mission for me. I?m leaving soon.?

?Wow! Where?re you going??

?A planet called Zonama Sekot.?

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Excellent begining, Alderaan_!

3. Alderaan_

Aug 14, 2001

up

4. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
  5. Alderaan_

Aug 14, 2001
    What does it take for an author to get readers these days?! ;)

up again

6. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    I'm here and reading. I was just waiting for my computer::sticks tongue out at computer::to geet fixed. I had my other computer but I could'n log-in::kicks other computer::. Sorry. But I'm here now!

7. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Maybe new posts? ;)

8. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
  9. Alderaan_

Aug 14, 2001
    There'll be a new post once I get off my butt (figuratively) and write it. then I have to e-mail it to a couple of people.

But don't worry, the next post will be here soon :)

10. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    ::takes out pompoms::

"Give me a p. give me an o
    p o

give me a s give me a t!
    s t

::rusts pompoms::what's that spell?!

POST!

::starts jumping up and down and cheering while rustling pompoms::

11. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Up, Alderaan_!

12. Alderaan_

Aug 14, 2001
    I'm really really sorry it's taken so long. :( technical difficulties. :mad:

13. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Thats okay!

14. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
  15. Alderaan_

Aug 14, 2001
    FINALLY! here it is! and if you've been on Disneyland's "Star Tours" ride, you get to see a special cameo!

Vergere braced herself against the seat, folding her reverse-articulated legs beneath her. Her fellow Knights, Ri Wanachi , a human, and Torsh Dronse, a humanoid Targan, likewise readied themselves for the bumpy takeoff that the old StarSpeeder 3000 passenger vessel promised.

?We?re takin? off!? said the three-armed pilot droid. After a few jerks and jars, the StarSpeeder sailed from Naboo and headed across the galaxy to Zonama Sekot.
    The Agony?s Child, Wings of Anguish, and Torture Shadow tore unobstructed through intergalactic space. Each had the stony, ovoid build typical of the Yuuzhan Vong worldship, but no two ships were exactly the same. The Agony?s Child was the youngest, small, sleek, and quick in its youth. The Torture Shadow was one of the largest of its kind, bristling with spikes and plasma-spitters. Leading was Shaedo Shai?s command ship, the Wings of Anguish, flying smoothly and sfwiftly under the control of two dovin basals placed at the sides instead of in front.

On the Wings of Anguish, Commander Shai watched the craterlike Boiling Caress as it filled its gaping mouth with flaming saliva. Tooth-covered tentacles surrounding the maw grew white-hot with anticipation.

Shedao reached into a water-filled tank, grabbed a thermfish, and dropped it into his cup. As it swam through the organic beaker, the fish secreted a rusty brown fluid into the thick cocktail.

When it was done, Shedao tossed it down the garbage tube which was linked to the ship?s waste system, and downed the liquid. Then he threw off his cloak and leapt into the Boiling Caress?s waiting mouth.

Two spiked tentacles caught him and wrapped him in their searing grip. Another repeatedly lashed across his back. The burning pain immediately flared across Shedao?s body, thrilling him and causing him to struggle against the tentacles? scalding embrace. But that only angered them and caused them to hug tighter, twisting and contorting his body to magnify the torment.

For several minutes they continued to agonize his frayed nerves. Suddenly, all the tentacles released him and he dropped into the boiling pit of saliva. Sheets of flame licked across his body. Had it not been for the temperature-regulating abilities of the thermfish, he would have been instantly killed.

Abruptly the door irised open and an aide stepped in, knocking his fists against opposite shoulders to apologize for interrupting.

?Commander,? said the aide, ?We?ve reached the edge of the destined galaxy.?

?Deploy the first dovin basal,? said Shedao, rising from the maw and reaching for his cloak. ?You know the procedure.?

?Yes, sir.?

The three worldships waited while the gigantic dovin basal moved toward the galaxy. When it had reached the hyperspace disturbance at the very edge, it stopped and created a gravatic anomaly aimed at the Wings of Anguish. The ship moved forward, slowly at first, and then sped up as the dovin basal dragged harder. When the ship was only a meter away, the dovin basal inverted itself with surgical precision to spit the Wings out into the galaxy, successfully conquering the hyperspace disturbance.

Then a second dovin basal was launched from the Wings, so that there was a dovin basal on both sides of the disturbance. Working together, the two formed a tunnel through the disturbance for the other worldships to easily pass through. The dovin basal outside the strangers? galaxy moved in after them, closing up the tunnel after it.

The worldships launched for Zonama Sekot.
    ?What ever happened to that Twi?lek that was here a week ago?? asked Gann.

Shappa Farrs looked up. ?Oh, he got his ship and left already.?

Gann marked something on his clipboard.

?It?s funny how all the upper-class citizens are always demanding our ships and services, but they never

16. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Good post!

17. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    please post more soon.

18. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
  19. Alderaan_

Aug 14, 2001
    :p I am so sorry I keep making you wait, but I won't be able to post 'til next week, but from then on, I WILL post on a sensible schedule

20. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    I'm waiting. Cause I can't wait to start helping you write the next part!

21. Alderaan_

Aug 14, 2001
    The procrastinator returns...

The ritual Sekotan shipmaking process began as soon as the Jedi landed. They chose and bonded with seed-partners, which would metamorphose into the unique organic Sekotan ship. After the seeds had been fused via organoform circuitry to specialized engines and hyperdrive, technicians added weapon systems, shielding, and other mechanical necessities.

Resulting was a short, smooth ship with a set-back cockpit and flat circular wings spreading out before it. Like all living Sekotan ships, it had a telepathic bond with each of its owners.

Ri Wanachi and Vergere were helping to fill the fuel tanks when Tellis Narum hovered out on her repulsor chair.

?Jedi,? she said, ?Will you please come to the control tower with me? I want you to check three unmarked ships that have entered our space.?

---------------------------------------------

The villips of three commanders inverted in front of Nom Anor. He looked at the first one, which showed Saag Yuulth of the Agony?s Child. ?Move your ship into a position to block all incoming and outgoing ships,? said Anor. Yuulth?s head inclined respectfully and the villip reverted.

?Commander Shai,? Nom Anor continued, ?land troops at my rendezvous mark. You will cut off the Magester?s Palace from the rest of the planet. From there, we will have no trouble taking the rest of the planet.? The villip inclined slightly and reverted.

?Commander Vua Rapuung,? said Anor, ?Ready the planet for shaping and coral seeding.? The villip inclined and reverted.

Nom Anor hid the villips in a drawer, masqued himself, slipper a razorbug in his pocket, and headed out the door for the control tower.

22. Alderaan_

Aug 14, 2001
    "I can't open a comm line with that ship," Vergere said to Ri Wanachi. "Go in a little closer."

As the human Jedi flew in, the sensors on their new Sekotan ship began analyzing the large ship.

"Look," said Ri. "There are no engines. The ship's not even made of metal."

"Send a readout of the ship to ground for further analysis."

---------------------------------------------

Nom Anor stood outside the door of the control tower of the Magister's Palace. No one could see him. Silently, the razorbug leapt out of his pocket, swept across the floor, and landed on a control panel. It dug its way inside and began to wreak havoc in the palace central computer.

Lights sputtered out. Doors slammed shut and windows sealed themselves. Abominable computers winked out. Humans cried out in surprise.

Perfect.

Nom Anor pulled out his mini-villip. "Vua Rapuung," he said, "bring your to worldship the palace. Soon I will have specimens for your shapers to expirament with."

23. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    Hi peeps. I'm Mayo_Solo as you probably know hence my icon, and I'll be working on this fic for the foreseeable future. I will try my best to have at least 1 post a week up. Alderaan_ is at the time battling DRL. He asked me to help. I hope that I can do as good of a job as he has done in the past.

Thank you.

We are working things out right now, but I should have a post up in the near future.

24. Mayo_Solo

Aug 9, 2001
    Up so I can find it for the post that should be up in a bit.

25. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Up, for hopes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.