main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Shadow of the Past - Dooku, Qui/Obi one post 9/6

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AthenaLeigh, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    title - Shadow of the Past
    author - Athena Leigh
    summary - Dooku's musings as he puts a plan into action.
    notes - Another of my older pieces, one of my favorites. Um, I guess that's supposed to be Obi-Wan in there, I never did say for sure or even establish it definitely in my head. *shrug* not important, guess it would have to be him though.

Shadow of the Past

Because the ship was going into night mode, the halls were darkened. It was just the cover he needed for his deeds. If anyone saw him, it would look as if he were headed to his cabin to sleep. No one would notice him slip into the security room, especially not with the use of a Jedi mind trick or two.

Of course, he was not a Jedi any longer, but he still knew all that he was taught plus much more he had learned outside his training. The more was what was important, he would say. It was all the things they would not teach at the Jedi Temple, the facts and behaviors and tricks they would say were not necessary or beneficial to the Jedi. Joran Dooku thought differently; that was why he no longer followed those rules.

The former Knight slipped into the chamber where the controls for the ship's security lay, after "convincing" the guard that his watch was over. From here he would be able to implement his plan.

The two planets in this system had been at war a century ago and since then tensions had been strained between them. Recent events had brought the two worlds to the brink of war. Joran Dooku's associates wanted them pushed over the edge, and that was what he was here to do. His own purposes drove him, but the means were the same. The transport he was aboard belonged to the inner world. If the rival planet destroyed it, a war would be certain to begin. Dooku's plan was to make it seem as if that had occurred.

He set to work overriding the system and setting the program to allow enough time for him to eject in a pod before the ship destroyed itself. Checking on the ship's occupants, he flipped on the security vidcams inside the ship's quarters. Normally they were off to allow for privacy but could be turned on in case of an emergency. Dooku wanted to keep an eye on the passengers and crew so he rapidly scanned through the views.

Most seemed to be asleep or quietly occupied running the ship, but he thought he saw a familiar face. Turning back to the image in question, he peered closely at the screen. Without a doubt, there he was, bigger than life, as always, Qui-Gon Jinn, the one Dooku had left behind. He remembered earlier feeling a Force presence aboard, now realizing it was in fact a Jedi, yet not recognizing Qui-Gon at such proximity made him ponder just how long they had been apart. He was most likely on a mission to avert the war between the planets.

Of all the problems Joran had with the Jedi, Qui-Gon was never one of them. He and his former Padawan may have disagreed about a few issues, but Qui-Gon had always been loyal to him and it had been a pleasure training such a talented student. If he had one regret, it just might be the loss of his relationship with Qui-Gon. He had enjoyed the younger one's company and youthful attitude, happy to see a Jedi with some defiance, even if it did challenge his own ideas perhaps a little too often.

Qui-Gon, now much older of course, sat on the edge of the bed, and as Joran watched the former student, from the refresher emerged a young auburn-haired boy. Dooku wondered if he were Qui-Gon's Padawan, though the boy seemed rather small, but then most children did next to the mammoth Jinn. The boy walked to Qui-Gon and sat in his lap, his head resting on his Master's shoulder. Joran had never been that affectionate with Qui-Gon. To him, they were little more than a functioning team, though a good one. He cared for Qui-Gon, but there was no place for tenderness in the life of a Jedi.

Sometimes, he thought Qui-Gon with all his Living Force powers needed more attention, needed more than the cold Master gave him. Qui-Gon never complained, always worked diligently to perform his duties, en

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awww Athena that was so sad! Sweet and sad at the same time. Poor Dooku at least he didn't destroy the ship with Qui-Gon on it.. there is still some human left in him.

:_|=D= It was lovely. Qui telling obi a bedtime story.. perfect .. well done!

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I remember reading this somewhere before of yours ;) Great!! I so enjoyed rereading it too!

Poor Dooku ;) he can't do what he planned due to Qui hehehehe at least we do see some affection still there in the regal man! ;) Great work!! And Qui never knew how close he came to having his life snuffed as well as Obi's hehehe

Bed time story indeed ;) loved the part of Dooku thinking that Qui probably should have had more affection. Poor guy... ;) Excellent play there on Dooku's emotions!

4. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That was a charming little bit of mushiness hidden in a great viggy!!

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, that was wonderfully angsty!

6. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Very sad and sweet. I agree "wonderfully angsty!"

Great work.

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Good job with this. I liked that Qui-Gon was so affectionate with his Padawan as he had no such affection from his former Master. But Dooku had a bit of sentimentality to let Qui-Gon live after all.

Nicely done.

8. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Layren Thanks, hon. Yup, Dooku is no horrible monster, just has issues. ;) How could he destroy his sweet little boy?

Kynstar Yup, thanks for rereading. ;) Thanks, I liked the idea, the sneaky old former master. Good thing Qui-Gon doesn't know about his old Master's downfall.

PadawanKitara Thank you, that's a great way to put it.

Healer_Leona Thank you, I'm glad it came across that way.

AnakinsHeir Thank you very much. I'm glad you also see it that way.

diane Thank you. [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.