main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~Shadow Thickening~ (AU Ep. 3: Obi & OC) AT LONG LAST UPDATED 1 JULY 2003

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Tinuviel_Jyana, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    using a spoiler of episode iii, this story is about a character unheard of by most people (but me of course): Obi-Wan's wife, Jyana Tinu Jade... this story will be weaved around a random spoiler i found on the web somewhere, only stating what we know will happen in that movie, and yet, what methinks SHOULD happen. MY OBI! :p [face_love].

there are some crazy wild antics on my board so to ease your reading delight the following pages have the actual story posts on them:
    1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, and 31

and here is my favorite part of a story when i don't have the story finished :p

[u][b]DRAMATIS PERSONAE[/b]

following characters (c) George Lucas... not me (darn)

[/u]Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Anakin Skywalker/ Darth Vader
    Padme Amidala Skywalker
    Yoda
    Mace Windu
    Palpatine/ Darth Sidious
    Count Dooku/ Darth Tyranus
    Bail Organa
    Chewbacca
    Han Solo (as a young teen)
    Lando Callrissian (with Millinium Falcon)
    Qui-Gon Jinn

[u]following character (c) JRR Tolkien, not me (again darn)[/u]

Legolas

[u]following characters (c) me (tee hee)[/u]

Jyana Tinu Jade
    Wokki
    [i]cameos(based on real people, names changed to protect the innocent)[/i]
    J Solo
    Keldin Hiswe [i]Darth Blue Eyes[/i]
    Jaden Koral (his personal story [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9131592&replies=4]Onyx Moon and Silver Star[/link])
    Met Lyka
    Ekoko
    Xekral Prydon
    Jolande
    Osiris [i]Darth Nemesis[/i]
    Tre Montl
    Homis (represents multiple personalities rather than just one)
    Phalen Peregryne
    Lilanniah Harenae (her personal story [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9132420&replies=7]Faith Burning[/link])
    Syerre
    Jade Fel Horn
    Corporate Lacky

[b][u]SETTING[/b]

timeline:[/u]
    episode 3

[u]planets/moons:[/u]
    Coruscant, Dagobah, Alderaan, Corellia, Naboo, Tatooine, Geonosis, Kamino, Endor

2. Jade_Fel_Horn

Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Can't wait to see your new story start!

3. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    PROLOGUE

A battle raged, a war being fought in solar systems far away. Away from it all and innocent or ignorate of the happenings in other parts of the galaxy, lived a tree dwelling community on the Sanctuary Moon of Endor. There lived a race of humanoids, called the tree people, or the Eleutherians, among the smaller race called ewoks. The ewoks viewed these people as gods for they were virtually unstoppable and the ewoks had never once heard of one dying, and thought that death for the Eleutherians was impossible. The Force was strong in these people and had little or no desire to be Jedi... and little contact with the Republic.

Until about 35 years ago, the Force declared one woman, a young one just 3 weeks old, to be trained as a Jedi. The Eleutherians agreed that she should train, and sent for the Jedi. Jedi Master Mace Windu came himself and she went with him. Being a special case, he decided it would be best for her to be trained by him alone (well with Yoda as well as course).

She grew up knowing her heritage and skills blessed to her race, but not knowing her family and having complete emotional ties. She knew where she was from but could not go there til she became a full Jedi Knight.

The shrowd of the Dark Side was growing steadily. The Eleutherians sensed it and grew afraid. Their first settlement on Yavin 4 had been destroyed by the first Sith and they did not wish to evacuate their home again. So they used their ability, the gift one calls shapeshifting, and transformed themselves to hide from the Sith. There are limiations on all races of shapeshifters, or changlings, but with the Eleutherians these limitations were few. They normally could shapeshift with ease, no effort... but they could only be one gender and they could not stay in a form with a fixed mortality rate for over a year.

But the Dark Side was strong and instilled great fear into the Eleutherians. They shifted themselves into the forms of ewoks, and took on the appearance of a peaceful ewok tribe to hide from the dark growing threat. They had lived great long lives and the ewok form eventually claimed them in a year. They started to dye out as the ewok forms became who they were and the Eleutherian race vanished from existance.

Except for Jyana Tinu Jade. Now a Jedi Knight, the girl, now a woman, could see what happened to her people. After she passed the trials she requested an unknown amount of years in solitary meditation on Endor. She found the status of her people and was distressed. She climbed into the Great Tree, a god to the ewoks and stayed there in mediataion, occasionally giving the ewoks a prophecy which she was revealed herself with her strong connection to the Force. She knew thanks to her race she had the capacity to become more powerful than any Jedi, even Yoda, but she knew her place. She prefered hiding than to show her powers true form. But the time of hiding had killed her people, and she could not follow their path. Her humaniod form had always been her form of choice, thus sustaining her for her longer, practically immortal life. She had remained in the Great Tree far long enough.

The Great Tree had been silent for some time and the ewoks were worried. The Jedi Ewok, or speaker for the Great Tree said that she was greatly distressed.

And then a prophecy was made. A great war will destroy the Republic and build an Empire. A small band of people with a "golden god" would come and the ewoks were to help them. They would prove themselves worthy with miraculous signs. And then the Great Tree was silent.

Her hazel, changing gems of eyes looked up. Last of her people, but a Jedi. She could sense the evil happening in the galaxy. She knew what she needed to do. Exiting the tree, Jyana left for Coruscant and the Jedi Temple.

She shifted into a red head, green eyes form, that of a human. When in her normal humanoid form her hair was long and dark brown and her eyes, a brown-green mix normally called hazel (but most eyes that can change colors are classified as hazel). Her no

4. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    random upping of my story... SOMEONE PLEASE READ AND RESPOND!!! I ain't gonna add more until more than one other person responds

5. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Oooookay. A little weird (Jedi Ewoks?), but I'll give you an up for it. :)

6. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    oopsy... kinda forgot that i have this story posted here too... sorry if i haven't continued it in a while, been pretty busy... and my active notification thing doesn't seen to work very well *shruggs* oh well... anywho... i am working on my story... the first chapter will start off with all my original characters pretty much... for more information on my story and to see where i have also posted my story you may see my webpage: http://www.elvenprincess.com it would be under the section "scratchings on the wall" and "fiction"... and on my page i titled it "shadow thickening".. i prob will change the title here someday... but i'm lazy

i will post up here again eventually when i get it ready... cy'all soon! (oh and read Jade Fel Horn's stories... she's me roomie :p)

7. Jade_Fel_Horn

Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Random up for the heck of it!

8. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    *SMACKS ME STORY BACK UP* I WANT ATTENTION! lol... ok my story is just calling for attention right now... even though my next chapter is still in the works... i'll post up the dramatis personae later this evening so you know who all is in my story... you know you want it! :p

random UPs are fun :D

9. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    no i haven't abandoned my story... just working on it actually and soon i'll have a new chapter up i promise

RANDOM UP!!! :p

10. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    well it's time for y'all to see my story... hope y'all enjoy!

Chapter One
    Stranded; part one

"Blasted bloody old piece of junk!" screamed the woman as she shape-shifted back to her brown-hair, hazel-eyed and pointed ears form. Not far from Endor's Forest Moon, she had landed on a desolate planet due to lost hyperdrive core and not enough fuel.

She then noticed a familiar ship in the hanger nearby. Pondering over this and after giving her ship a good kick, Jyana walked off towards the nearest cantina to look for the pilot of that ship.

Entering a local cantina that was near enough to the hanger as possible like she owned the place, like she did most places, she headed in the direction she sensed would be right. She walked with confidence and sometimes with what appeared to be arrogance, the air that said she was not one to be messed with. Jyana spotted a familiar face in the crowd and found the person she was looking for yet the woman appeared busy with another character she sensed she knew of yet she had never seen in person before. She made her way over to that area without anymore thought to the matter.

"I wish to speak to J Solo," Jyana said to the man she recognized as the smuggler's co-pilot from the years before of which she had met her.

The man obviously didn't recognize her. A lovely dilemna she faced sometimes as a shapeshifter was not being able to remember which form she had went under the last time she was with these people. Now after shifting again, her red long hair was tied into twin long braids and twisted together as one and layed down her back. Her eyes were back into their normal color, which actually changed more on their own without much thought from Jyana herself. She had travelled with the smugglers long before and they sholud remember who she was. She had no doubt that J would see her despite any roadblocks that may have arised.

"She is in a business conference at this moment. May I ask who wishes to speak with her?" He was a medium sized man with dark brown hair with a streak of silver near the front of his head. He looked like an aged spacer and yet his stance was young and spontanious. Her memories of this man told her of how often he fell over laughing hysterically. Jyana remembered hearing that he was J's new love interest soon after she got badly hurt from her "first love," Keldin Hiswe, the 2nd human ever to podrace (and was still doing it to this day her sources told her). Jaden Koral, the man in front of me, had just been her friend and co-pilot. She now wondered if their was more to this.

"Tinu Jade." She normally did not go by "Jyana" among common people, for it was her formal and Jedi name, as wel as the only trace of her heritage as an Eleutherian.

Jaden's green-grey eyes brightened in recognition and let her in to see J without anymore thought to the situation.

~TBC~

------
    small taste of me first chapter... ENJOY :)

11. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    next
    ----------------------------
    Chapter One
    Stranded; part two

She recognized Met Lyka, one of the Hutt's agents, speaking with J Solo. Met was a tall, thin and dark personality. He had dark hair, dark eyes and as always dressed in all black. Something about this "business conference" gave her a weird feeling that she could not understand. Jyana, being good at blending into the shadows. She was not recognized as even existing for some time.

"You are behind again," Met told J.

"I just need more time," the girl, er, woman, sighed looking down. She had to be about 25 now, Jyana thought.

The man infront of her sighed as well. "J don't put me through this. They want their money."

"They will get their money, I just need more time."

"They're getting impatient. I can't keep bailing you out," his hand reached across the table and his thumb caressed the top of her hand.

"I know..."

"The Hutts are not easy to bargain with and do not like to have time that you claim you need."

"They are unforgiving."

"Precisely. They hired you because you were good. You have lost your touch."

J ripped her hand away from Met's grip. "I have lost nothing. It's the bloody Clone Wars."

"The Hutts do not care about the Wars in the Republic."

"But the Clone War is making us lose our customers. The people are afraid."

"Yes they are," Met relented to agree.

"The Hutts should at least understand that."

"Unfortunately, they do not care."

"They should if they want their money."

"Well they don't."

"Not many people do care," J sighed and rested her head on her hands.

Met seemed to wear a hurt expression. "Stop saying that."

"Why?"

"You know I care about you."

"So long as you get the money..."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You know."

Met just sighed. To Jyana it didn't seem like he would deny it and that bothered her a bit. She was sure it bothered J as well.

J's hazel eyes looked up again at Met and then past him as if searching the shadows for something. Jyana then decided to let her presence known.

~TBC~
    ------
    common people read!!! and reply PLEASE!

12. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Wow. I'll give you credit for coming up with an original idea.... I have a feeling this woman is going to have a child with Obi-Wan and it shall be named Mara Jade... just a thought.
    Your writing style is very descriptive. And your dialogue is very good too. One can begin to feel as if the characters are real at times.
    One comment: At times your tone changes, maybe this is a device your using, but it can be distracting.... i.e. when you put things in parentheses it kind of distracts from the flow of the paragraph. Maybe you can come up with a way to word the sentence in the parentheses into the paragraph.

Overall this is a very unique idea and I applaud you for it. I'll come back when there's more for sure.

13. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    child named mara jade? now that's an idea... *plots* but that's in the way future if that happens... i haven't even brought the loveable obi-wan into the picture yet... and you know i can't give away all of my secrets ;)

thanks for the critizim of my writing... you're right it does distract from the paragraphs, but sometimes i get distracted easily.. my mind flow is kinda odd at times and it comes out in my writing... i still have lots to work on methinks hehe, i hope to post the next part of the chapter soon, just would feel better with more replys to my story before i do it...

and i love making my characters real... as in my dramatis personae, a lot of them are based off of people i know... and at least one is after me. now if i was only a jedi too...

14. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Good start TJ! :D

15. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    next part... now that it appears i have more than just one reader ;)
    ----------------------------------
    Chapter One
    Stranded: part three

"Tinu?" she asked recognizing me.

She nodded, adjusting her forest green corset top, attempting to pull it down to meet her belt and brown pants, but it had a tendancy to show off her stomach. "Good day to you J, I hope I'm not intruding." Jyana kinda felt as if she was because of how Met had carressed her hand. She had a flash of desiring to have someone herself, but with the Jedi Code how it was, she knew such as possibility is doubtful.

"No, have a seat," J motioned Jyana sit beside her.

"Should I leave?" Met asked. He began to look a tad uncomfortable and like he no longer wanted to be there now that he was no longer alone with J.

"No," Jyana said before J could, "I may need your help as well."

"How may I help you, Tinu?" J asked her like an old friend would.

"First, I need a ride to Alderaan as soon as possible... we may discuss that later though. Next I need to know the status of the Dark Jedi Xekral Prydon, because I may need his aid."

"What are you going to do?" J asked.

"I'm helping the Jedi in the Clone Wars. Master Windu has put me under the charge of Master Kenobi."

"The Dark Jedi is unlikely to help the Jedi."

"We have a common threat. The Sith are behind this war I am certain. The Dark Jedi dispise the Sith as well."

J sighed. "I do not know about the Dark Jedi..."

Met nodded, "Nor do I."

Jyana sighed and looked about the room. "So how may I help you?"

"I do not think you can help."

"How much does she owe the Hutts?" Jyana asked looking over at Met.

He stated the large amount of money and the Eleutherian could feel her heart almost fall. Met then proceeded to give the run down on how J had come into this debt and when she was supposed to get it to him. While he did this the female smuggler occasionally glared at him between looking down and ashamed.

"I have a proposition," the Jedi offered after much thought, "If you can get me to Alderaan I will get you that money. Since I am serving with Master Kenobi and he is under Senator Bail Organa, the Alderaanian government may be happy to front the cash."

Met looked over at J, who's eyes were wide. "Would you do that?"

"Why not?"

Met nodded that it would be fine and J grinned big. "Deal," he said for her and then made his way back up to the bar for more drink as J looked at Jyana with eyes that said, "Thank you very much."

~TBC~
    ------------------------------------
    ENJOY hehe... more to come... maybe tomorrow... not posting the last part of chapter one till chapter two is written... i like having things done so i can pop them up whenever ;) [face_devil]

16. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Great update TJ! :D ;)

17. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    This isn't bad.. It's very interesting :) Good start :)

18. Xekral

Xekral Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2002
    Ah... and now the illusive Dark Jedi has posted now for the first time on the board of our dear TJ...*VEG*

Now for my comments: YES! oh.. yes, uh huh, yep, good, yep, yessirree, w00t!, uh huh, bingo ;), yep, YOU GO GIRL!!

There.. now that that's done..

RANDOM UP!! :D

I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I definately am looking forward to reading more of J's story. It's great writing, lot of detail, and you can even get to know the character's and what makes them tick. Great going!!

19. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    eek not the Dark Jedi!!! *hides* [face_devil]

JPS thankees for reading and liking :) means a lot cause your stories are awesome!

Jade glad you think it's interesting... it will get more so...

hint for my next post... it delves into my psyche... you get to see some crazyness from me... now i hope that doesn't scare y'all away now ;)

20. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    I didn't know you updated..... great job! Can't wait for more...

21. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Wow, i like how you write. Write another post soon. :) :) :) :)

22. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    ooooo looks like i'm getting fans *jumps around extatically (okay my spelling not up to par today lol)*

my next post i intend to do sometime today... gotta flesh it out... glad to see y'all are reading :)

23. Tinuviel_Jyana

Mar 31, 2002
    Chapter One
    Stranded: part four

Finally alone to talk business with J, Jyana looked at her inquisitively.

"I know what you're thinking," the smuggler sighed.

"When did you aquire Jedi traits, girl?"

"It's written on your face."

"Only you can seem to read my face. So what am I thinking?" Jyana challenged her friend and soon to be again colleague.

"Something is up with me and Met. That is what you are thinking."

"Is my feeling correct?"

"Sort of."

"Oh?"

"It's complicated."

"I have time."

She only sighed.

"What happened to Keldin?"

"Claimed insanity and that he didn't know if he loved me anymore. Broke up with me over holo." Jyana could sense the bitterness J still carried with every word she spoke about the matter.

"And Jaden?"

"Could never seem to escape from friendship."

"And now Met?"

"Similar to Jaden, but even more complicated."

"I have time."

"Why does life have to be so complicated?"

"Love, life is only as complicated as you make it."

"I know," she sighed again, "You're so lucky Tinu."

"Why?" Jyana wasn't too pleased with the slight change of topic direction.

"You don't have to deal with this kinda crap."

"It's my choice. I choose not to bother myself with it."

"But the Jedi Code..."

"Has absolutely nothing to do with my status of singleness."

"What?"

"I'm the last surviving member of my species. It is doubtful that they will make me adhere to that stupid rule."

"Attachment to a man is devestating..."

"It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. You cannot deny the nature of our species from that which we were created for... even in the name of the Force can bring two people together."

J sighed again.

"So, what's this with Met?"

"It's complicated."

"I have time."

"It's too complicated."

"You need rant time. Vent. Please. You will find more peace if you let it go."

J sighed again. "It's so bloody confusing!" she exclaimed, "Two weeks we went out and he expressed a great deal of interest in me. I was skeptical at first but I didn't want to hurt him."

"Why skeptical?"

"He's like a helper of the Hutts. Most helpers have no sense of loyalty to friends. They are more concerned about themselves and their fortunes."

"That's not good."

"But he won me to him. He made me fall for him. And then I have to leave the planet I met him on, Ord Mantell, I think, to go to Corellia with business. I grew attached to him way too quickly... and with the distance he loses interest."

"Didn't want a long distance relationship?"

"Yeah... well now he came after me, on business for the Hutts. What they want is more important to him than my feelings... but..."

"He's still somewhat interested?"

"I don't know. I don't have a bloody clue. Could you sense anything?"

"It's not my place..."

"Please?"

"I make it my business not to meddle in others."

"Please?"

It was Jyana's turn to sigh. "Honestly, I cannot sense Met in the Force."

"How?"

"I haven't a clue..." Jyana was more puzzled over this phenomena than J could ever be.

It was time to get back to real business rather than relationship type chatter. "So, when do you need to go to Alderaan," J asked.

"Immediately."

"All right, we should ready our ship then."

"Okie dokie."

The two women then went off and got the crew together. The crew included Jaden and Met and this other character whom was called Homis. Before we headed off we added on another smuggler who needed transport to Alderaan for reasons kept her herself. She called herself Jade Fel Horn. With this crew Jyana Tinu Jade now had passage to Alderaan

~chapter end...story TBC~
    ------------------------------
    ENJOY... comments please :)

24. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Once again that was great... can't wait for more.

25. Frazzled_Pip

Frazzled_Pip Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    Wow, J! This is even better than the stuff in the sim. :) I can't wait to read more. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.