main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Shadow Warriors

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Praetor_Saber, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Praetor_Saber

Praetor_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    OOC: phantom, remember that since you're the point man, you have the choice to enter a room and attack any bad guys inside before anyone else if you want to. [face_devil]

IC: Dirk

"We're in, and we can lock it back up on the way out."

Nice, thought Dirk, impressed with Thomas's speed. He darted into the room, gun shouldered and finger on the trigger. The room the squad entered was extremely large, with high ceilings, illuminated by harsh industrial ceiling lights. It was unsurprisingly industrial-looking, with bare metal walls and ceilings, and mazes of pipes and conduits of all sizes running in every direction. Three huge power generators marked "ELECTRICAL HAZARD--HIGH VOLTAGE" and countless other electrical machines filled the room, producing a loud, humming, din, which conveniently nullified any sounds that Dirk made when he opened the door and rushed in. At the far end of the room, there was also a large freight elevator.

Dirk looked in every direction for hostiles, but saw none, so he walked over to the main electrical control terminal and surveyed it, thinking. "Here's our plan, people. We are going to board that freight elevator down there--" he pointed toward the far end of the room where it was located "--and ride it to the Main Deck level."

"Gwen, since you are familiar with electronics, I need you to sabotage this main electrical control panel so that the power generators will shut down in three minutes. Those three minutes should give us enough time to get on the lift, ride it to the top, and get off before the power goes down. Then, when the power does go down, it will confuse all the baddies, giving us time to assault our main objective and get the stuff we need."

Dirk was still speaking, when, unknown to him, two guards walked casually around one of the power generators, apparently making their inspection rounds. They were oblivious of the squad at first, talking boredly between themselves, but then they caught sight of Dirk and the others. Both guards just stood and stared for a moment, and then the older one grabbed for the pistol at his side. The younger one, catching on, started to do the same.

TAG: Anyone

GM Notes: Neither of the two guards are wearing any body armor, but be mindful of your aim when shooting because they are standing in front of a big electrical transformer that could explode if hit.

Also, the main electrical control panel would not be very hard for Gwen to "fix". [face_mischief]

2. Ptolemy7

Ptolemy7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2006
    IC: Shard

Two guards, raising their guns. Shard's eyes narrowed. His hands moved with eye-blurring speed, even as he spun to the right. His wrist made a strange motion, as if cracking a whip, and a throwing knife, visible as little more than a glimmer in the air, flew straight toward the throat of the older man, the first to draw his pistol.

TAG: GM, anyone.

3. phantom_panther

phantom_panther Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2005
    IC: Daniel Dyzian

Daniel moved throught the door and into the room once the others had passed him. He moved along side the others and then took a position closest to the rest of the room. He listened As Dirk out lined their plan while keeping his eyes, and gun moving over the open area. His first hint of danger was the movment out of the corner of his eye. He quickly adjusted his gaze and stance to bring the threat into his firing arch.
    Two men, armed with handguns, one went for his gun and the other followed. His gun aim was closest to the second and he squeezed off two shots at his chest raised the gun a fraction and fired again looking for a headshot. The silencer on the gun made the shots sound like air blown threw a pipe at high speed. It sounded loud in his ears but then his head was right next to the gun. He knew the silecers worked he had used them before.

TAG:GM, others

4. Praetor_Saber

Mar 16, 2005

It was over in seconds. Dirk hadn't noticed anything behind him--that is, until Shard whipped a knife and Daniel started shooting. He spun around, bringing his subgun up, just in time to see two enemy guards falling to the floor in various states of ill-health. The first had a knife buried in his throat and was bleeding profusely, while the other had two holes in his chest...and not much of a face left.

"Roger that," commented Dirk bluntly. "Impressive aim, guys. Gwen, you go ahead and hack the terminal while we hide the bodies behind the generators. Forget about the blood, we don't have time to clean it up."

5. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Brutus

Brutus moved in, but it was all over. HE had bene too far behind to get in on anything that had happened. He held his knife firmly still, and aided in stashing the bodies.

TAG: ANy

OOC: Sorry for the short post. Couldn;t think of much to say, but wanted to post anyhow.

6. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    Thomas had his pistol aimed before his mind really recognised the two guards, and he was half way to the trigger before he realised what was behind them. Damn! he thought, as he grabbed one of his stun grenades. Wasted time.
    As the grenade rolled along the floor, Thomas counted down the time silently.
    Three.
    Two.
    One.
    There was a loud whomp as the grenade went off, knocking both guards to the ground.

OOC/ Not sure if the 'nades should be that effective, but if they aren't then the guards can just stand up or fire from the ground. If they are then go me! Yeah! [face_dancing] ;)

7. phantom_panther

Oct 26, 2005
    Even as he watched he first target begin to fall Daniel was turning to bring the second into his sights. There was no need. He was clutching at a knife protuding from his throat. Daniel hurried over to them remaining in the combat half-crouch He checked his first target, his aim had been true all three shot had hit. He then turned to the other he was still clutching the knife blood poored from the wound. It looked as though it had not only cut a number of veins and arteries in the neck but had also cut his windpipe. Suffacationa and bloodloss competed to see which would finaly kill him. Daniel did not wait the out come this man may be his enemy but he was not a torturer. A single round into the side of the mans head sent him on his way, and ended his pain. He moved past the bodies to take a covering position near the panel, incidentaly placing him next to Gwen, as she hacked the terminal. He placed his back against the wall the terminal was set in and dropped to one knee to provide a smaller target and gain a more stable firing position.

TAG: Others

8. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

Shard drew two more knives as quick as thought, and, holding them in ready-to-throw posture, slowly skirted the opposite side of the room, checking the other side of the generators for additional hostile forces. Not that he expected to find any; the fact that none had come racing out at the muffled pops of silencer fire had concluded the option of a large militia force concealed out of view, but there was always the chance that some clever assassin (like himself) might be waiting and watching for just the right opportunity.

TAG: GM, Others

9. Praetor_Saber

Mar 16, 2005
    OOC: Chuckles, as far as I'm concerned, any post--no matter how short--is better than none, it's good just to let everyone know that you're still in the game. :)

Fanficfan, in case you missed Ptolemy's and phantom's posts, I think the guards were already dealt with before Thomas threw his stunner. ;) If you'd like, you can take it back, but it's up to you.

The bodies of the two guards were quickly hidden, and Dirk gave a quick check around the room to check for other baddies. Thankfully, there were none. He felt reassured to be working with such experienced teammates; those two guards didn't know that they were dealing with the best professional soldiers in the world.

He crouched slightly, watching the door that led into the next room in case anyone came through.

TAG: Genimay, others

10. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Brutus went over and crouched in a corner. He was seriously hurting for some rest. Never again. he told himself. Never again will I fly in the night of the meeting. I'm gonna have to have a talk with my superiors. He crouched there, waiting for the next order.

TAG: Any

OOC: Alright, I'll remember that. :p

11. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

No other enemies were to be found. Shard helped drag the bodies to the back wall, crouched, and retrieved his knife. He meticulously cleaned the blade on the clothing of one of the erstwhile guard's clothing, and slid it back into its sheath. Straightening, he once again checked his weaponry. Everything set. He fell back into the ranks of Shadow Warriors silently.

12. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:

Gwen waaited for the go ahead before she quickly went to work. In under a minute she knew the main board like the back of her hand. She rolled her eyes,the least theycould do was get a more advanced eletronic system. Her hands danced over the panel for a minute before she started pulling wires. "Okay,we have 180 seconds so lets roll before someone fnds this mess." she said to Dirk.

Then she relized a small burn mark on the back of her hand. She whipped her head back to the control panel. None of the wires pulled should have left that mark,maybe she had gotten it on ship or something. Just in case, "Everyone,I think there might be an alert system wires into the main board. I didn't pull a main wire but if it is an advancd systm it might pick up my tinkering. Sorry,there wouldn't have been a way around it even if I did know.' she said.

TAG-Any,all

13. Praetor_Saber

Mar 16, 2005

"Okay,we have 180 seconds so lets roll before someone fnds this mess." announced Gwen, but then added, "Everyone,I think there might be an alert system wires into the main board. I didn't pull a main wire but if it is an advancd systm it might pick up my tinkering. Sorry,there wouldn't have been a way around it even if I did know.' .

"Right, let's move!" said Dirk, and motioned everyone toward the elevator as he started to jog. "If they find us and things get hot--well, then it just means we'll have to start shooting a bit earlier than planned."

He reached the elevator and scanned its enormous interior before walking in. It contained a jumbled mess of large metal cargo drums and plastic crates, some stacked on top of one another. At least they'll make good cover to hide behind, thought Dirk as he tapped a few buttons on the lift controls to bring the elevator to the Main Deck level. He held his hand over the "CLOSE DOORS" button, waiting to push it once the squad had boarded.

Outside, things were a different story. The sub pilot was still convinced that he had detected a ship on the sonar, and was now saying that the mystery ship was trying to dock with the oil rig itself.

--"Roger, I am hearing hatches opening, then slamming shut. Whatever it is, it's trying to connect with the rig. Requesting permission to investigate, over."

--"Alright, go take a look." said Marie.

--"That's affirmative, I am moving in on the area, over."

At that moment, for some inexplicable reason, the squad felt a very small tremor run through the rig. It felt as though it had been nudged, ever so gently, by the back of a giant's hand.

14. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

Shard stepped into the elevator...and froze. The floor quivered beneath his feet. What? Shard's instincts, honed over years of combat, had already sent his hands flying for his weapons, but whatever had touched the rig, knives and bullets were unlikely to be able to in any way slow or stop it.

TAG: GM, Anyone

15. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Brutus slid into the elevator as the thumping was felt. He didn't like it. He sheated his knife and drew his broadsword. Now was not the time for experimental techniology.

16. Praetor_Saber

Mar 16, 2005

Dirk was uneasy about the tremor that ran through the rig; it sure as hell didn't feel like just a big wave. Suddenly, the little elevator control panel gave a sickly whine, and the illuminated buttons shut off. Tentatively, he tested one of the keys--dead. Son of a... He checked his watch and frowned. Only 15-20 seconds had passed since Gwen had set the 3-minute timer for the power to shut down, so it must have be someone else's doing.

"Forget taking the elevator, people," he announced over his com. "The control panel's shut down." He checked his HUD map and located the nearest set of stairs, but also saw that it would take them right past a guardhouse. It was a risk they would have to take.

"New plan. We're taking the stairs, but we've got to watch out for the guards who could spot us through the surveillance windows." He ran off the elevator and over to the small door leading out of the power generator room. Opening it a few inches, he was in a position to look through the guards? surveillance window to observe the four guards inside. They were lazing around in office chairs, one watching the television.

"I'm going to make a break for the stairs, and when I arrive, I'll wait and cover you,? he said. Crouching as low as he could, he sprinted for the elevator, then whipped around as soon as he arrived and took aim at the guardroom door. This is not my lucky day, he thought, as he saw the door open and a suspicious-looking security guard walk out, closely followed by the other three.

Dirk flipped the fire selector on his weapon to semi-auto and squeezed off two shots at the guard, knocking him down as cleanly as a bowling pin. He heard movement behind him, and turned around to see two more guards approaching from the rear. Uh-oh, I?m going to need some help with this one... He started to bring his gun to bear on the two guards behind him, hoping the rest of the squad could ambush the three that they were nearest to.

TAG: Everyone

Just to let everyone know where we are in case you are wondering--
    Take a look at this pic below. See the Guardroom marked "G" in the upper right corner? That is where the four guards came out of--their position is marked by the ORANGE ARROW. The BLUE ARROW is pointing to where the squad would be. In this position, they could attack the three remaining guards near them without much trouble. The long BLUE LINE is the path where Dirk ran, and he is now located at the large BLUE DOT. The PURPLE ARROWS show where the other two guards are coming from.
    [image=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/cleefman/Level1AssaultDiagram1.jpg]

17. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

Shard was crouched down out of sight as Dirk walked forward. Then the guards broke cover. Shard threw himself forward into a shoulder roll, drawing two throwing knives as he did so. As he came to his feet, he released both knives, sending them whizzing through the air toward the closest guards. Spinning to the right, and thudding back against the wall, he drew his guns, and raising the twin weapons smoothly, prepared to fire. Such was his speed that the knives were still in the air as he was spinning, and reaching their destinations only as his fingers tightened on the triggers of his Berettas. He had no idea which of the guards were dead already; it could be that the rest of the squad had been just as quick to react as he himself had been. But he never took chances.

TAG: Daniel, Brutus, other warriors.

18. phantom_panther

Oct 26, 2005
    "Damn Stairs this is not looking good, first some strange ship now another change of plans." Daniel kept his thoughts to himself but was begining to get more than a little edgy about this mission. Then Dirk broke cover and ran for the stairs. Daniel kept his gun on the near by door and was glad he did when the first guard strode out.Out of the corner of his eye he saw Shard spinnig and knew that at one of the guards was dead. Still Daniel stepped out into the hall and drove he barrel of his gun up under the first guards chin, he rotated turning the upward momentum into horizontal momentum as his left had left his rifle and drew his back knife. The second guard got slashed across the body but Daniel was already moving on the third. The others would finish the other two if they needed it. The Third had had time start bringing his gun up. Daniel grabbed the right wrist and twisted pulling the gun out of line at the same time pivioting so that the had was now held infront of him over his right shoulder. He drove the knfe into the guards exposed left side at an angle that would pierce both lungs and the heart.he left the knife in as he let the body drop, opting to go back to his rifle. It was then that he saw the two other guards on the other side of the hall, close to Dirk.

TAG; Others, GM

19. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    OOC/ Please consider my last post retracted. I'm not quite sure how I missed those posts.

IC: Thomas
    Oh crap!, thought Thomas as the power died, this can't be good.
    He pulled out his second pistol as the squad moved out of the elevator. Dirk made a run for the stairs, hoping to get passed the apparently lazy guards. But they must have seen something, because they came out to investigate. The two Shadow Warriors in front of Thomas moved so fast he didn't even see them. But he did see the two guards coming up behind Dirk.
    He launched himself out the door, pistols ready. He pulled the trigger, one, twice, three times. The first shot hit a guard in the stomach, the second snapped his head back, while the third punched through a shoulder.
    Thomas quickly shifted his aim, hoping it wasn't too late.

TAG: Dirk, others

20. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    OOC: I think there is one more guard. If not correct me. :p

Brutus deftly sheathed his sword and drew his prototype dagger once again. H flipped it on, and moved behind one of the guards. The guard had lifted his gun and was about to shoot. Brutus grabbed him aroudn the throat, covered his mouth with his arm, and stabbed him threw the back. The knife would have punctured his heart. The man squirmed for several seconds, then died. Brutus slowly let the body down to the floor. He glanced at his hands. Impressive. No blood. He thought.

21. Praetor_Saber

Mar 16, 2005
    OOC: Well here's my latest excuse. For some inexplicable reason, my @%!**#& computer (the one that I mainly use to browse the internet) refused to access any page on theforce.netweb, or else I would have posted earlier. :mad: Sorry. BTW nice job with the guards, everyone! [face_devil]

Giving a quick glance over his shoulder at his squad, Dirk saw that they were making short work of the enemy guards, and turned his attention back to the two hostiles approaching from his rear. It was just like in practice; he lined up his holo-display scope sight on the first guard's forehead and smoothly squeezed the trigger. One shot, one kill--this was efficiency. The other guard went down under the impact of several bullets; Dirk looked back and saw that Thomas was the one who had fired. He jogged over to where the guards were lying, made sure that they weren't alive, then quickly ran back and surveyed the injuries that the rest of his squad had inflicted.

He took notice of the various slash-, stab-, and gunshot wounds on the guards--they were dead enough to satisfy him. "I doubt these characters will be running anywhere in a hurry," he said, and made off for the stairway. He opened the door and swept the area with his gun, then called "Stairway clear!" and motioned everyone forward. After reaching the small landing, he stopped and waited briefly for the others. He checked his watch; they had about one minute and forty-five seconds before the electricity would completely shut down.

TAG: Everyone

GM Note:
    For anyone who goes ahead of Dirk and "clears" the next level of stairs (perhaps phantom because he is the point man)--

There are no guards, but you WILL find one very frightened cook, who will at least need to be knocked unconscious and have his hands secured with police-style plastic flex cuffs.

22. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Brutus moved swiftly up the stairs, coming to a stop on the landing. The clock was ticking, and he quite fronkly didn't like the idea of being trapped in a dark stariway with no light at all. He also though a gun might be useful about this time. he loved blades, but guns had certain advantages. He'd ahve to invest in some when he got back from this little escapade.

TAG: Any, none, whatever

23. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

Shard's fingers relaxed on the triggers. The three guards were now so thoroughly dead that no bizarre stretch of the imagination could give him the idea that his bullets needed to add to the slit throats, blade stabs, and other wounds. Shard retrieved his knives quickly, and followed Dirk. He was conscious of a clock, somewhere in the back of his mind, ticking away. He glanced around for other enemies as he walked through the door, not necessarily because he disbelieved or mistrusted Dirk, but simply out of his own sense of caution.

OOC: Don't go taking a sledgehammer to your computer yet, Praetor_Saber. I think this was a pretty widespread problem; a lot of us had posting trouble on the boards...I know I was ready to give the computer a good solid kick yesterday.

24. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:

Gwen was puzzled at the power shut down. That wasn't supposed to happen. The others went running for the stairs but she renched the control panel off and did a quick scan. That wasn't good. An electronic implused explosive system. Which meant that the panel had picked up her tinkering and shut down power. It also engaged the explosives.

She looked out and saw the others head for the stairs. Okay,she could disable the explosives and join them without being missed. It would only take a few seconds. They were smart not putting this in the main board.

Quickly she did her work. The explosives were disabled but it would be near impossible to turn pwoer back on for some time. Gwen smiled to herself. She walked out and straight into four grauds...that wasn't supposed to happen!

TAG-Any

25. Praetor_Saber

Mar 16, 2005
    IC: GM

Beneath the stormy surface of the ocean, the sub pilot maneuvered through the rig's anchoring beams, moving closer to the source of the unusual noises. The problem was that he was having difficulty trying to steer without using his active sonar guidance systems; it was like trying to drive a car at night without headlights. If he used audible active sonar, though, there was a good chance that he would be detected, so he switched to an ultrasonic frequency that was undetectable without specialized equipment.

--"Switching to active ultrasonic sonar, over."

Monitoring the highly accurate computer-generated readouts in the cockpit, he was able to clearly see all the obstacles in his path...including an enormous, looming shape which had, without a doubt, been the source of the noises. Long, wide, and menacing, there was no mistaking the shape of the monstrous nuclear submarine's hull.

--"Roger command!" he said excitedly. "I've discovered the source of the noises, you won't believe it--we've got a nuclear sub on our hands!"

--"Confirm that--have you found an unidentified nuclear submarine, over?", came Nilsson's incredulous voice.

--"Affirmative!"

--"Can you give us any dimensions on this thing--how big is it?"

--"Huge--approximately 500-600 feet in length, 50-75 feet in beam. Biggest damn sub I ever saw in my life."

--"500-600 feet long would place it.....in the range of the American Ohio-class and Russian Typhoon-class intercontinental ballistic-missile submarines!" said Marie.

Suddenly, the miniature sub's weapons operator spoke up. "Captain! We are receiving hostile targeting sonar from thirteen degrees off the starboard bow!"

A chill ran down the spine of the sub pilot as he engaged in evasive maneuvers, accelerating and twisting sharply upward and to the left. His worst fears were confirmed seconds later when the weapons operator half-shouted, "Homing sonar--torpedo in the water!"

Over his navigational headset, he could hear the relentless pinging of the torpedo's sonar, racing closer by the second.

--"Continuing evasive maneuvers! Ejecting decoys!" came the captain's voice over the radio.

There was silence for a few moments over the comm, then an ear-shattering explosion that might have deafened everyone had they not been wearing their acoustic-compensating earpieces.

--"Roger, command to submarine--DO YOU COPY?" said Nilsson.

There was no reply.

--"Lost contact with submarine...over," said Nilsson finally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.