main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Shadow Warriors

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Praetor_Saber, Feb 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ptolemy7

Ptolemy7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2006
    IC: Shard

"Lost contact with submarine...over," said Nilsson in a hollow sort of voice.
    Shard froze. "What was that? You lost contact with the sub?" His hands involuntarily crept toward his weapons again.

TAG: GM, anyone.

2. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Brutus

Brutus looked around at the team. "Well, things just keep getting better and better. It'll be fun getting out of here." He suddenly realized something. "Where's Gwen?"

TAG: REst of team

3. Genimay

Genimay Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:

Gwen was in a tight spot. She tapped out SOS on her com but wasn't sure if anyone was listening. Then while the grauds were still surprised she dropped into a fight stance and drew her knife...

TAG-Any

4. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Brutus, on edge because of the sub incident, didn't wait for an answer. He dashed down the stairs in a hurry. He came through the doorway, and saw Gwen... with four guards. Without thinking, He hurled his knife into one's back, snapping his spine in the process. Brutus drew his sword and moved on the other guards.

TAG: Any

OOC: Bout time I got some action. :p

5. Praetor_Saber

Praetor_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    IC: Dirk

At the word that the sub had been lost, Dirk swore vehemently. Whoever was behind this was going to get some well-deserved retaliation. He was concentrating so hard on making sure that no hostiles attacked them from the top of the stairs that he almost missed Gwen's alarm over the comm. He cursed and leapt down the stairs, flipping the selector switch on his MP5/10 to 3-round-burst as he did so. The soles of his boots landed on the floor with a solid thud!, and he burst through the door to find Gwen and Brutus facing four guards, although one of them looked incapacitated. Brutus was already finishing off a second hostile, which left two remaining.

His gun was already on his shoulder and pointed in his line of sight; he aimed at the first guard and squeezed the trigger. Three rapid, brisk pops reverberated through the room as he nailed the first guard in the chest; the man dropped backwards like a sack of meal. Oddly, he hardly felt any emotion at all as he gunned down the guard; it was as though he were putting slugs through an inanimate object.

TAG: Anyone

6. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

Shard had, in fact, been utterly distracted by the news about the sub, until Dirk moved, and at about the same instant, muffled sounds of fighting drifted up from below.
    With a curse, Shard vaulted over the railing of the stairs, slamming to the ground with a dull thud moments after Dirk. Shard dived forward, drop-rolled beneath Dirk's shot, and came up to the last guard an instant later. The guard threw a punch. Shard swung his arms around to the right, and let his body follow, in a vicious flying tornado kick to his opponent's chin. As the guard collapsed against the wall, momentarily stunned, Shard's hands stabbed out to his chest, a blur of steel clenched in each gloved fist.

TAG: GM, others.

7. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Jedi Master star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    Name:Mike
    Nickname:SnipeHunter
    Appearance/Race:about 2 meters tall and with not alot of muscle. He has brown hair cut short and spiked on top (punk like). His eyes are brown and his skin is tanned
    Personality:Kind, friendly but doesnt do well in social situations
    Habits:has to many to put here (obsesive compulsive)
    History:he is a verry gifted indervidual in that he joined the army at the age of 17 and in one year was already in the SAS by 18 as a sniper.
    Expertise:Sniping and computers
    Favorite Weapon:His sniper rifle and knifes
    Special Personal Gadget:his pda which he uses like a removable keypad fort hacking.

8. Praetor_Saber

Mar 16, 2005
    OOC: As everyone can see, we have a new player! =D= He can be the new squad sniper, since we seem to have lost our first one (Penguinator-176). We'll assume that SnipeHunter has been here all along, maybe he was just a little late catching up from the power generator room. ;)

9. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:

Gwen heard someone coming but before she could react a bullet flew out of the end of one of the grauds guns. It was oddly silent. Muffled by something. Then there was her team and a few seconds later the grauds dropped dead.

She was in shock. Blood gushed from a bullet wound right under her collar bone on the right side. Gwen didn't even put her hand to it but just slumped forward onto Dirk. She wasn't really out but she didn't really know if she was awake. It almost didn't hurt but it was the worst pain she had ever felt.

TAG-Dirk,any

10. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Brutus ran forward, slouching only momentarily to pull his knife from the back of the guard. He came upon Dirk and Gwen, and skidded into a knelling position. "How is she?" He asked Dirk. Things didn't look good just now. Gwen had been shot, and they were not even particularly near their objective. The sub was gone, and some unknown vessel roamed the waters near this structure. Things looked grim, to say the least.

TAG: Dirk, Gwen, whoever else.

OOC: We don't ahve a emdic,. do we?

11. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

Shard wrenched his blades from the guard's heart with a swift jerk, whirling on the spot as Gwen collapsed into Dirk's arms. Shard cursed, cleaning and resheathing his knives quickly.
    "How is she?" asked Brutus. Shard moved forward. Throat shots were rarely good. But at least the carotid artery had not been severed; had it been, the wounded Shadow Warrior would have been dead in seconds.
    Shard released his breath in a low hiss. Even if, by some miracle, Gwen was well enough to continue normally, she would slow them down, and there was no guaruntee they would get off of this thrice-cursed rig anyway.
    "Damn," muttered Shard.

TAG: Dirk, Gwen, Brutus, others.

12. Praetor_Saber

Mar 16, 2005
    OOC: In answer to Chuckles' question about the medic, all Shadow Warriors would have had basic first aid training and such, but officially, I'm the squad medic. :D

Intent on laying ruin to any enemy vermin that showed their hide, Dirk suddenly noticed Gwen falling toward him and managed to catch her. It took only one glance at her neck to see that she had been hit. Oh, sh...

As the others watched, Dirk tried to determine the extent of the damage. Poor kid, he thought. First the submarine gets cooked and now she gets hit, what a night.

"How is she?" asked Brutus.

"I can't give a diagnosis with much authority yet, but judging by the apparent angle of entry, I'd say that it missed the carotid artery and the jugular vein by a good 5-6 centimeters. It may have penetrated the thoracic cavity, though, which could result in a pneumothorax. If the bullet entered laterally, there is a chance that it might have lodged in the shoulder joint, which could lead to lead poisoning from the slug dissolving in the synovial fluid."

As he said this, Dirk couldn't help but wonder how the bullet got through in the first place; the combat suit's neck armor was supposed to be fairly thick. Perhaps the guards were using armor-piercing rounds; now that was something he didn't need. He grabbed the pistol of the guard who had shot Gwen, thumbed the magazine-release switch, and examined the ammunition carefully. "Damn it, this guy was packing armor-piercers!" he declared angrily.

Taking a closer look at Gwen's wound, he determined that the slug had not entered laterally, but had taken a route directly under the clavicle. At least damage to the shoulder joint was out of the question, but now he was worried about the possibility that her 1st rib had been fractured. That would be very bad; any amount of damage to the brachial plexus or the subclavian vessels could have occurred. A shiver ran down his spine as he considered this. At any rate, she would need an antibiotic and some painkiller, which he administered immediately.

He asked the others to help move her carefully into the stairway, and once she was safely inside, he instructed the rest of them, ?Mike, I want you to stand guard at this door. If you see anyone--put some lead into their central nervous system. Thomas, you back him up. Shard, Brutus, you two cover the stairs. Daniel, you can back them up as well, but stay near me, because I might need your help carrying her if she can?t walk.? With that, he went back to work on the wound.

TAG: Anyone

13. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Brutus helped with getting Gwen into the stairway, then got his orders. He said, "Right. You're the boss." He walked out to where the guards had shot gwen, grabbed two of their pistols, and for good mesure, kicked one in the ribs as hard as he oculd. It didn't hurt te dead gaurd, but it made him feel better. He reentered the stairwell, walked up a ways, and knelt there, ready for anything that may come down the stairs.

TAG: ANy

14. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

?Mike, I want you to stand guard at this door. If you see anyone--put some lead into their central nervous system. Thomas, you back him up. Shard, Brutus, you two cover the stairs. Daniel, you can back them up as well, but stay near me, because I might need your help carrying her if she can?t walk.?

Shard gave a brief nod, and drew his pistols. He followed Brutus to the stairway, and took up a position opposite the other Shadow Warrior, resting in a low crouch, one gun raised at shoulder height, the other held across his chest in the hollow of his shoulder. His eyes scanned the stairs intently. His face was utterly emotionless. Should any guard come traipsing down the stairwell, he would be mowed down without thought. Shard's hands and eyes would react, a synapse in his brain would briefly fire, his trigger finger would spasm, and there would be one less human being in the world. He would not even consider before shooting. Shard found he didn't care. If that was what it took...so be it.

15. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:

Gwen wasn't really sure what was going on but people were talking and the next thing she knew she was being carried. Everything seemed in a panic but she wasn't sure why. In fact she wasn't even sure why someone was carring her. She had legs. Not that she could really feel them but she knew they were there. "What's going on? We have to move." she said but the words slured badly.

She couldn't really feel anything but tried to stand. Gwen kinda managed to sit but swayed dangerously. "what's going on?" she asked agian and again it was badly slured.

TAG-Dirk,any

16. Praetor_Saber

Mar 16, 2005

After allowing the painkiller a few seconds to start working, Dirk carefully examined the wound.

"What's going on? We have to move." said Gwen in a slurred voice.

"You're experiencing some trauma from the shock of getting hit, which is a very natural reaction. Have you ever experienced a gunshot wound before?" Dirk went on, keeping up a steady stream of talk, trying to keep her mind engaged so that she wouldn't go into shock and fall unconscious. "I'm trying to determine where the slug went, and in order so that you won't feel pain, I've administered some short-lasting local anesthesia."

"I'll take a look to see if there is an exit wound..." He checked near the back of the neck and found that there was none. "Well, the bullet didn't travel all the way through, which means that it is located somewhere in the tissue." He removed an instrument from his medkit that looked a fat cell phone with a very large LCD screen. While depressing one of the buttons, he pointed it at her shoulder and moved it slowly back and forth until it beeped several times in rapid succession. He consulted the screen and then exhaled in relief.

"The slug stopped before fracturing any ribs; it's lodged in some muscle tissue and fascia directly under the clavicle." From his medkit, he drew a very small, odd-looking pair of forceps that resembled a flexible metal straw with three ?fingers? at the end, looking strangely like a miniature version of the Spiderman villain Doc Ock's tentacle 'claws'.

Suddenly, there was a little flicker of the overhead lights, and the power shut completely down, leaving the entire squad sitting in utter darkness. Dirk checked his watch?it had been exactly three minutes from when Gwen had set the timer on the electrical control panel. He turned on a flashlight to illuminate the wound, then went back to work with the forceps.

Equipped with a miniature camera for extremely precise manipulation, the instrument had little trouble locating the offending lead slug, and a minute or so later, Dirk had duly completed the task of extricating the little devil out of its place or residence. He bandaged the wound carefully, then put away his medkit.

"You're patched up, Gwen, how do you feel? In the future, try to be careful around angry bullets,? he said wryly, ?they've no sense of humor at all..."

He got up and switched on his night vision. "Time to move, everyone, we've got some business to take care of!"

TAG: Genimay, everyone

17. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Brutus had been distracted from his post by the opperation. He screamed at hbimself silently for it, and stood as Dirk did. He looked at the pistols and decided it would be advatageous to hang onto them. Knives were good, but a bullet could be shot into him before he could get close enough to stab someone. He looked at Dirk, switched on his own night vision, and waited for his orders.

18. SnipeHunter

SnipeHunter Jedi Master star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    IC:Snipe

Snipe opened the ventelation cover and withdrew his rifle. Gaging the range he lined up and took his first shot withing a few seconds.

The effects of this were noticed immediatly as the sniper on the attacking group dropped, his head gone.

Snipes voice came over the radio "Target down"

OOC: Sorry if this isn't working with the current point im having a hard time working out were we are.

19. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:

When asked if she had ever been shot before Gwen shook her head. A sudden pai ripped from her colar bone when the bullet was removed. "I think I got shot." she stated in a slured voice.

Her head cocke when the lights went off. "Did I do that? I remember setting that. It worked." she mumbled.

Gwens eyes were a little unfocused but she got to her feet. Then swayed and hung onto Dirk. "I think I might be drunk." she slured with a little laugh before slumping aginst him again. She was awake and tried to pulled herself up but couldn't. " I don't feel so hot." she slured.

TAG-team

20. phantom_panther

phantom_panther Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2005
    IC: Daniel Dyzian
    Daniel pushed his rifle around behind him so his hands would be free if Gwen needed a hand. ?The tech, out of all of us the tech is the first to get tagged, would not have guessed that.? He said to Dirk as he crouched down beside her. The bullet came out easily enough. Then the girl started talking. Daniel had to look away to keep from laughing. For some reason he thought that she would not appreciate him laughing at her right now.

?"I think I might be drunk." she slurred with a little laugh before slumping against him again. She was awake and tried to pulled herself up but couldn't. " I don't feel so hot." she slurred.

Daniel took the opportunity, ? Not from were I?m sitting.? He smiled. ?Dirk our sub went down do we have confirmation of a chopper upstairs, or are going to have to wait for an evac? Either case we gotta keep moving. I say we reclear these bottom levels and then if she still cannot move leave her here with some backup while the rest finish clearing this station, and possibly that enemy sub.?

?Gwen, how are you feeling do you think you can move, if we gave stims could you keep up??

TAG: Gwen, Dirk, Others.

21. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Brutus swore under his breath... something he never did. Things were looking TERRIBLE. He was aggitated, adn felt like killing something. ANYTHING. He started pacing in small circles, and huming barely audibly, the guns held low behind the small of his back. He realized he was abandoning his post, but didn't care. He was too aggitated to be a good sentry anyhow. The tech was out, the sub was gone... he couldn't help but tihnk about it. He stopped pacing and humming, and looked at Daniel as he spoke. "I can stay with her if she has to be left behind." He found himself saying... which surprised him,. because he felt his abilities would be advantageous to the rest of the mission.

22. Praetor_Saber

Mar 16, 2005
    OOC: SnipeHunter, just to clarify where we are--if you refer to page 4, you will see a map that I posted. The squad is in the stairway that is located in the top-middle portion of the map. Hope this helps. :)

BTW--tomorrow, I will be traveling out-of-town for the weekend and won't be able to post until probably next Monday.

Shouts and angry voices could be heard coming from the room which the squad had just left; the crew and remaining guards were not happy about the lights being turned out. Dirk smiled contentedly. It was all the better for him and his team if the bad guys couldn't see. On the whole, though, the situation was not looking good. Over the comm, Marie was saying that the mission should be aborted, that "too many lives had been lost already". Her superiors would not hear of it, however; they were dead set on continuing with the plan.

Gwen was understandably disoriented, and seemed to be walking very unsteadily, as well as not having entirely regained the ability to speak clearly.

"Don't worry, kid, you'll be fine," Dirk reassured her.

?Dirk our sub went down do we have confirmation of a chopper upstairs, or are going to have to wait for an evac? Either case we gotta keep moving. I say we reclear these bottom levels and then if she still cannot move leave her here with some backup while the rest finish clearing this station, and possibly that enemy sub.?

?Well, present intel reports say that there are at least two birds up on deck, either one of which oughta be able to carry us off this hunk of steel. In addition, there?s a UN transport stationed near Cancun which could get us off if need be. About Gwen?s condition...Gwen, do you think you can make it? If not, then we can do as Daniel suggested--leave you and someone else down here, in one of the fortified guardhouses, then return for you later. Either way, we need to decide on a plan of action pretty fast, because it?s probably only a matter of time before they get the generators back up and running, which will mean that we will loose the advantage of being covered by the complete darkness.?

TAG: Genimay, anyone

23. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Brutus cocked his pistol, checking the rounds. He looked up at the team leader. "I'm ready. I want to do some shooting. What are we doing?" He was itching for some blood to pay for their current misfortunes.

24. Ptolemy7

Mar 11, 2006

Shard shifted position slightly, glancing back toward Dirk. He had seen leaders crack under this sort of stress...one of the reasons he had never opted to be a leader himself. Dirk had struck him as a steady sort, but even the best could just break sometimes. Lose it; fear failure too much to be effective.
    Shard glanced around at the others...some were professional; he could rely on them. Others, however, were governed by their emotions. They would have to be watched. Shard himself had been told he was almost inhumanly indifferent to sentimentality; this was untrue. Shard was not unfeeling; he was efficient.
    And so, he remained exactly where he was. Shard did not so much as blink at whatever was happening behind him. Unless he sensed extra presences, all of that was irrelevant. He tried to suppress the morbid thoughts currently parading through his mind, and miserably failed. Shard had seen a lot of death. He himself took lives a living. His whole life was covered in the taint of destruction and abrupt endings. And this had caused a certain loss of naivete about how easy it was for a human life to be snuffed out like a dying candle. He had no illusions about how unlikely it was that the remaining unwounded members of the team would escape without further losses.

TAG: Any.

OOC: Like Praetor_Saber, I'm going to be gone over the weekend. I should be back on Sunday, but I won't be here tomorrow or Saturday.

25. Genimay

Jun 2, 2005
    IC:

Gwen shot a funny looking glare at Daniel. "Um fine. There's another central board somewhere and power might need to be restored. You might need me." she slured while swaying.

Then she quickly bit her lip hard enough to draw blood. "Ouch! I feel better." she said slightly less slured.

TAG-Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.