main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Shadowplay (Coruscant Security Force, late-Clone Wars)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by GenOochy, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediHighlander

JediHighlander Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2009
    IC: Emiko
    0744 Coruscant Time,1,073 days ABG

Emiko was a bit shocked at the Director's words. "Sir. Are we going to be working with Internal Affairs on this?"

The thought of not searching for the ones responsible was anathema to her. Yes finding moles and CIS operatives was important, that's what Internal Affairs were for, but they should be focusing on the ones that had attacked the CSF building.

Still orders were orders, and she would carry them out. She looked around at the other operatives. A thought crossed her mind, what if one of them was the mole?

"Sir how do we know that there isn't a mole in the room right now?"

Tag: All

OOC: Sorry for the short post, I got switched to the night shift for a while and haven't been getting much sleep.

2. mmart23

mmart23 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2009
    Faro Boldarian kept a grin on his face as he was given orders, but his haughty eyes told a much different tale. His disapproval of being micromanaged in this investigation was evident to those who knew him well, especially Katal. He gave a timed stare to "Chaos", indicating an interest in meeting up with him afterward to converse, if not team up in their efforts, moving forward, playing good cop, bad cop while attempting to figuring out this atrocious caper.

*There must be someone on the inside working with the CIS. That stunt was impossible without deactivating the tower's defenses.*, he mused.

One thing he knew for sure was that it couldn't be Katal. "Chaos" was a loyalist to the Republic, die hard and faithful to the core. He'd known Katal ever since he joined the CSF and in spite of them having different methods of investigation and interrogation, and some back and forth bickering, there was also much respect and history between them as they were both among the best in their craft. Faro knew he'd need Katal's help in this matter, as he was certain Katal would need his.

He then gazed at Major Emiko Yamada, the Jedi and the SBI agent Fost, trying to size them up.

*Cool, calm lovely ISB Major, loyal, yet maleable... aloof Jedi, who knows with their kind, emotionless, duty-driven... Fost, tough, focused, driven, withdrawn...*

Devilishly, the smooth operator's gaze returns to Emiko as she was clearly the most pleasing to his eyes. He smiled looking to make the connection, to see where she was at in her soul in this matter. The eyes were the gateway to the soul he understood and wanted to know. With an honest gaze and stoic countenance he looked in her eyes as if asking could you do this. Then his eyes turned to the Jedi in a pensive stare.

He began to ponder,

*What if the Jedi in the room was part of this? Could this be how democracy dies? From within by traitors in the midst? Worst of all, by a Jedi, a guardian of peace sworn to serve and protect the Republic! This would be the most malevolent of betrayals*

He sighed and shrugged, looking up and smiling, his caramel eyes tired from the stress of this calamity, waiting for the meeting to end and for the fun to begin, his plastic smile reapplied for the task at hand.

TAG ALL

3. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Something stunk in Kashykk and it wasn't the Wookies, thought Davin. He was going to have to work around Isard, but not the way Isard would anticipate Fost doing it. As much as it gauled him, he was going to have to really work with this crew and earn their trust. His natural instincts had always made him the loner. His moniker Black Knight came to mind, indicative of his manner of dress while on duty. This time, however, he'd have to make himself more accessable to the others. They'd likely start choosing who they'd team up with amongst themselves or Isard would do the choosing for them. Davin eyed the Jedi...Good Cop. Then he eyed Emiko Yamada...Infiltrator with a gift. The others He didn't know personnally but by reputation. Movers and shakers both on their way up...fast. They'd make a good pair for playing good cop, bad cop-based on their profiles. Davin instintively knew that the others would be hard pressed to trust the Jedi with his edge. That didn't matter they all had a case to solve. It was time to break down social barriers or they weren't going to mesh let alone jell together. "Yes Director. I know that I do in deed understand and will fully comply with your directives on this case," Davin responded. Do I have permission to hook up with Major Yamada and our college from the Jedi Order for this investigation?

Tag: GenOochy, JediHighlander, HotF.

4. JediHighlander

Aug 27, 2009
    IC: Emiko Yamada

"Yes Director. I know that I do in deed understand and will fully comply with your directives on this case," Davin responded. Do I have permission to hook up with Major Yamada and our college from the Jedi Order for this investigation?

Emiko glanced at the young Mandalorian Major, and arched an eyebrow. She had heard of Fost when she had transferred to the SIB. He was a all or nothing kind of agent. Good for single minded dogged persistence that could wear down a case until it cracked wide open.
    Her own method was just the opposite. She liked the subtle approach, get on the inside, learn the organization, then destroy it piece by piece. Like a virus. Maybe combining their efforts would have effective results.
    "I think that is a more then acceptable arrangement."

Tag: Vangarian, Gen, All

5. Mesmerize

Mesmerize Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2009
    OOC: Sorry i'm a bit late to this party. [face_blush]

Agent Jax Harkor
    Conference Room
    1,073 Days ABG
    0756 Coruscant Time

Technically, Jax Harkor wasn't late. It was still 4 minutes before the meeting was supposed to start, and Jax wasn't the type who believed in being early for things. He would rather make the maximum use of time possible, and that meant minimizing the time he spent in pointless meetings.

Unhurriedly, he walked down the hall to the conference room. Today Jax was dressed smartly in a nice suit and tie, hair immaculately combed, complete with a black briefcase by his side. He was the perfect image of a professional desk jockey who knew nothing about field operations. Just the opposite of what he truly was, and just the way he liked it.

He entered the room. Immediately he noticed that he might have shaved things a bit too close to the bone this time, because Director Isard was already here. One did not show up for meetings after one's boss, if one liked to keep one's job. Even worse, he had come in after his speech, just as people were starting to chime in. Well. Nothing to do but play it cool. Anyway Isard ought to know Jax by reputation at least and would know that Jax already knew what the mission was.

"I apologize for my tardiness, Director," Jax said smoothly, taking the nearest available seat. "I was delayed. But I assure the Director I fully understand the importance of this mission and will do my best to see it through."

Tag: GenOochy, everyone

6. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    In Character: Lysander Odakota
    Conference Room

Lysander watched as the director walked in to the room. He seemed like someone who knew what he was doing. However, Lysander did not believe anyone for a minute. Yes, Jedi are supposed to be trusted and give sympathy. This time, though, the Jedi was working with potential traitors. Being trained to keep serene under pressure, Lysander looked from each man to the next until he reached back to the director.

Armand Isard gave a speech, which Lysander agreed with. The people or droids who committed the act were dead; the one who gave the order was probably a general of the CIS. If the Supreme Chancellor was correct, this mission was only to find who was on the inside. Nothing to do with Jedi services. Although, Lysander could use break from being used for a guard on remote Republic outposts, or bombarding ships in hopes to end the war.

Lysander stood up and bowed, [b]?Greeting Director. I agree with your orders and the Chancellors. I feel finding those who are helping the Separatists will give us better insight on what they are planning next. Maybe even end this war...?[/b]

With that, Lysander sat down once more and crossed his legs. Just then a man came in with a suitcase, apologized for being late, and took a seat.
    [hr]
    [b]Tag:[/b] GM, All

7. mmart23

Sep 3, 2009
    Faro cupped his right hand under his chin and moved his pointer finger and thumb up and down against his face as he fell into thought, his brow furrowed.

*Major Yamada and Agent Harkor sure seem eager to work together. Hmmm...what if the SBI is working a cover up of the incident and they have a mole in-camp. Those two would definitely ensure the destruction of any leads into the SBI as a terrorist source. It would be nearly impossible for the CSF to uncover the truth unless...*

He looked to "Chaos" Katal and nodded as if to say,

*you and me need to get together on this one, there's something fishy with the SBI*.

He knew that his charming, persuasive ways in this matter, will require some serious muscle to be effective and Katal was just that. Together they'd be unstoppable.

Just then, the Jedi spoke and Faro could not help but roll his eyes and sigh. *Blah,blah,blah* he mused, *such puppets*. He could not understand how the guardians of the Republic, defenders of all that is good could be so stoic, so emotionless. He'd met a Jedi once though, that broke the mold, Gadd Rennan, a Jedi Knight that was not above drinking at the saloons, laughing and having fun. Now that kind of Jedi, Faro liked and respected. But this one, and his kind, rubbed him the wrong way.

Still, ever the diplomat, Faro made sure to smile and play nice. After the Jedi commented, Faro cleared his throat and raised his hand calling to the attention of Director Isard. In a very clear, dignified, almost Senatorial voice, Boldarian said,

"Pardon me, Director Isard, Sir, permission to speak....I propose to work with Agent Katal on this task. My mission will be then as you have stated, to see to it that the traitors in this event in league with the Separatists are identified, and that all evidence is forwarded to you for review".

He looked to Katal, with a look that from prior experiences should express to Chaos that Faro would support Katal's investigation tactics.

Tag Katal, Director Isard, ALL

8. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    IC: Armand Isard
    0745 Coruscant Time, 1,073 days ABG
    CSF Divisional HQ

Isard began to feel a bit bombarded, but it made him smile to see the assurance from the team. He saw no reason why this group wouldn't route out the traitors quickly and prevent another tragedy from occurring. Another agent arrived and apologized for tardiness. Isard glanced at his chrono.

"Think nothing of it, you've still got ten minutes. Now, let me explain. I just came down here to deliver word from the Chancellor. I actually won't be participating in this morning's meeting. Please pass on my message to Captian Obrim. I understand he will be briefing you this morning." Isard said, raising his hands to quell the questions. "And with that I wish you the greatest of luck, and I trust you will all serve the Republic well this day. Farewell." And with that, he spun in place and flurried off with the Senate Guards. It would still be several minutes before Captain Jaller Obrim arrived.

TAG: All

OOC: Sorry to do that, but Isard isn't overseeing this operation.

9. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC: As Davin Fost.

Major Fost nodded his head as Director Isard finished his statement. So it would appear that we won't necessarily have the option as to who we work with on this case or maybe we will. Time will tell soon enough, he thought. "Please allow me to introduce myself to those of you not familiar with me. I'm Major Davin Fost of the SBI's Crisis Branch." Davin made eye contact with everyone and politely smiled. His gaze settled on the last arrival. Would you care to enlighten us as to your name, position and which section you work for? Davin smiled again though it didn't show in his eyes.

Tag: Jax Harkor, others.

10. Mesmerize

Mesmerize Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2009
    Agent Jax Harkor
    Conference Room
    1,073 Days ABG
    0746 Coruscant Time

Ten minutes? Jax discreetly checked the deskcomp clock - so it was. His chrono must be off. No matter. He'd re-sync it to match Coruscant Standard Time later.

Isard left, and a broad-shouldered man sitting halfway down the table spoke up and intrduced himself. A Major with the SBI, but unfamiliar to Jax. He would make sure to look up his record later. From the looks of it he wasn't the only high-ranking officer at the table which was curious.

"Agent Jax Harkor, SBI," Jax said smoothly, "covert ops." 'Covert ops' could mean anything. Every SBI branch had some covert ops people. "A pleasure to meet you, sir."

Tag: Vangarian, anyone

11. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC: Davin Fost.

Conference Room
    1,073 Days ABG
    0747 Coruscant Time

"A pleasure to meet you, Agent Harkor," Said Fost. The Smile genuinely rose into his eyes now with sincerity. "We've all been caught up short by this coming about and I'd say that at the least, we'll be challenged with our own preconceived notions and assumptions as to what happened yesterday on level 89. I'm sure we even have suspicions on what the possible motives were for what transpired. I'll be honest. The meeting yesterday was about an apparent lack of information sharing by CSF with SBI, whereas information sharing between CSF and Corellia's Security Force was not having any such restrictions. There is a very real possibility that one or more of SBI's Agents was under some kind of investigation. This could mean that someone from SBI is acting against the Republic. In what capacity requires our cooperation in finding out. Needless to say, I'm troubled by this possible scenario. I've estimated that as many as six people may have been involved in this heinious crime that was commited yesterday. It doesn't mean that they were necessarily SBI operatives, as little as one could possibly have been involved, if that. Our being picked may be due to our not necessarily being part of the usual suspects. Or I could be completely off base entirely too. All I can say is that we've got to mesh and jell. If we don't it'll work against us in our efforts to bring those responsible for this terrible deed, to justice." Davin returned back to his chair and sat back down.

Tag: All.

12. JediHighlander

Aug 27, 2009

CSF Headquarters - Conference Room
    1,073 Days ABG

Fost was making sense. She hadn't been aware of the ill fated meeting's purpose, it was one of the things on her list to find out, but an information sharing issue between the agencies would cause this kind of tension.

"I agree with Major Fost. Some SBI agents may have been under investigation, or at the lest suspicion. That would account for the CSF not sharing information. On the other hand, the CSF may have had other reasons for not sharing information that may put the light of suspicion on to them." She paused for a moment thinking.

"I reason that we can go about this in one of two ways. A: SBI agents investigate CSF, while CSF investigates SBI. THe problem there is that it would be easy for one group to frame another if they were responsible. or B: We have three teams of two. Two teams of CSF paired with SBI, and one team composed of Master Jedi Odakota and another. I propose this course of action as it is the most logical. And while technically I have been attached to SBI for the last three months, my original commission is with GAR Special Operations. I still have an outside view on SBI internal operations."

Tag: Room

13. Mesmerize

Mesmerize Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2009
    Agent Jax Harkor
    Conference Room
    1,073 Days ABG
    0747 Coruscant Time

Jax gave Fost a cool smile of his own. The agent had taken out a stylus and a datapad from his briefcase to take notes on once the briefing started. Now he tapped hte stylus on the desk, affecting absent-minded thought.

The explosion could've been a traitor (or traitors) working to cover up their tracks and ensure that the CSF didn't blow their cover to the SBI. That the Coruscant and Corellia security forces had been working together indicated that the culprit might be from Corellia or at least that they had connections there. It could also be a rogue slicer, but Jax doubted that.

If the culprit was Corellian ... Jax tapped his datapad, as if he was calling up the dossiers of everyone around the table. (In reality, of course, he did not have that information nor a link to the database.)

"How do we know there aren't traitors in our midst right now?" Jax asked evenly, looking around at everyone in turn.

Tag: Vangarian, all

14. JediHighlander

Aug 27, 2009
    CSF Headquarters - Conference Room
    1,073 Days ABG

"How do we know there aren't traitors in our midst right now?"

"Indeed Agent Harkor. I posed that same question. We have no way of knowing if anyone of us is who they seem to be." Emiko glanced around the room.

"Though there is a possibility, if everyone agrees to it." Emiko looked at Odakota. "I have great respect for the Jedi. I have worked with them since the beginning of the war and have found them competent and truthful. Master Jedi Odakota it is my understanding that a Jedi can tell when a person is being untruthful. If I'm I correct, I propose we all submit ourselves to being questioned. I would of course volunteer to go first. Wouldn't ask anyone to do anything I wouldn't do first."

TAG: HOTF, Room

15. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    "We'll have to make it quick since our team coordinater is arriving in nine minutes and some change. If you would acommodate us Jedi Odakota I suggest a series of questions that get to the heart of the matter. Such as:

"Do you hold any Sympathies to the Seperatists?"

"Do you know who carried out the attack against the SBI Central Tower?"

"Have you knowingly Betrayed the Republic or acted under durress against the Republic
    in reguards to this or any previous assignments?"

"That should do it," said Davin.

TAG: Jedi, Odakota.

16. Hero_Of_The_Force

Hero_Of_The_Force Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2008
    In Character: Lysander Odakota
    Conference room

[blockquote]Lysander continued to listen to the director, and keep his senses broadened. He did not want to miss anything that was going on. The Jedi took the time to turn to the other participants. After all, they were on the same team. It had been quite some time since he worked with others; usually Lysander took covert missions. He found a discussion already taking place. He diverted all his attention on the chatter going on. Quickly he learned that suspicion had arisen. If there were someone involved in the tragedy, Lysander would act swiftly to secure balance. Although, there were also exceptions.

[b]?Correct, and I agree. No doubt everyone is questioning one another. We cannot let suspicion become fear.?[/b] Lysander agreed, then turning to another agent. [b]?Those queries seem far, digging too far in to personal information would make it seem like an Interrogation.?[/b]

Lysander stood up and walked to the window close to where he was sitting. He kept his ear on the conversation as he pondered. The Jedi had always been one to think possible outcomes, and he wondered what would happen at the end of this investigation. Turning back to everyone, he crossed his arms and leaned against a wall.[/blockquote]
    [hr]
    [b]Tag:[/b] All

17. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    "No Questions, no trust, no cooperation. No resolving the case without big blowup."
    Davin proped his legs up on the table and laced his fingers behind his head in a relaxed pose. "We either move foreward or we don't. Your call Jedi Odakota," he said. "I for one am not willing to work with a team I'm not 100 percent sure about."

Tag: Odakota, others.

18. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    GM NOTE: I'm going to give it till tomorrow evening for everyone to decide about the interrogation before your director is going to show.

Current Game Time: 0753 Coruscant Standard Time

19. mmart23

Sep 3, 2009
    Faro Boldarian
    0753 Coruscant time

IC: Faro looked to his agency contact "Chaos" Katal, then to everyone in the room following the chain of the conversation. This was not his forum; he was a smooth-talker with the ladies, the highlight of the party, even a politician, but did not feel the inclination to blame shift and openly accuse anyone present without hard proof. It seemed premature. He would wait and see what the evidence would present. It was in his blood as a cop and while a part-time bodyguard to follow leads and when given his orders, to do his task; leads based on evidence. It was barely breakfast yet the tension of the meeting already made him feel the urge for a drink.

And so he looked to the group and said,

"I appreciate all of your intentions, even partially agreeing with your potential course of actions and questioning. Yet, I wonder, why debate and plot and plan when our practical directives and game plan is not in our hands but instead in the hands of our soon to be lead investigation mission liaison. It seems all this talk is merely blowing smoke, the answers beyond this room. For the record, I live and die to protect Coruscant and its citizens, government and civilian alike, and have no leads on which Separatist apologists or Republic traitors may have committed this henous crime. Run my file, and you'll see I'm clean".

Agent Boldarian was ready to investigate, in whatever method was approved by the liaison, attempting to diffuse the runaway theory of a traitor in the midst. It was too hard an allegation to swallow; besides such skepticism without evidence would hardly deem itself fruitful.

Tag All, GameMaster

20. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    IC: As Davin Fost.

The others were digging in on their refusal. His ploy had failed and they weren't going to work as he'd hoped except perhaps Major Emiko Yamada. She showed a willingness for examination on her loyalty. He'd be more willing to work with her but not the other two that refused to participate. Though ultimately he'd probably have to reqardless.

"Seeing as we are at an impass, I suggest that we see what the coordinator of this 'TEAM' has to say concerning the issues at hand."

Tag: EVERYBODY!

21. GenOochy

Jan 8, 2003
    GM OOC: I apologize for delaying so long, it's not really been a busy week, but I've been drained mentally. I hope everyone is still here and ready to progress. =) This will be short, but hopefully will get things moving again.

IC: Captain Jaller Obrim
    Coruscant Security Force, Anti-Terrorism Unit Director
    0757 Triple Zero Time, CSF Hq[/b]

Captain Obrim made his way towards the conference room in a huff. He had just been informed that the head of the SBI had made it by, and left speaking only to the selected team; leaving him out of the loop. Jaller simply entered the room, flashing his identification and said, "Captain Obrim, ATU. What did he say?"

Tag: All

22. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    "He didn't want us chasing after conspirators or coming up with wild theories. Further he said that he just had a meeting with Supreme Chancelor Palpatine on the incident. He also said that any moves on our part are to be made only after we've informed him of our individual intent and got our Mother-May-I routine down pat with him. Now I've got a question. How do we know if we can even trust one another? Since even you came in here acting Paranoid and all. That tells me that we have an internal problem that could tie in with the remotely-controlled dive-bombing. Am I that far from the truth?" said Davin.

He in turn flashed his SBI shield with Crisis Branch ID denoting his rank, at Captain Obrim.

OOC: Tag people there has got to be somebody else besides me who's still alive in this RPG!

23. mmart23

Sep 3, 2009
    Faro Boldarian, CSF: IC

"Greetings Captain Obrim", Faro said with a diplomatic grin. Tired of all of the speculation and looking to get to the heart of the matter, he looked to Obrim. "I am Officer Faro Boldarian of the CSF. I am here as an ambassador of the agency. My specialty is investigation through persuasive interview. I look forward to offering up the fullness of my skills to ensure that the culprit of this henous crime comes to justice. I am at your service Captain", he finished with a dignified bow of his head.

Tag Captain Obrim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.