main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Shadow's Edge Art by Darth_Leia_6669 Updated 7-30 with The Passage of Time!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Darth_Leia_6669, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Hi everyone! I'm still a bit new on this side of the boards, and have been mostly lurking here. I must say that I've seen some really nice stuff here, a great mix of styles and mediums, and have been a bit intimidated and very nervous about posting my own stuff here. Though I have been drawing and painting for the biggest part of almost 17 years (no, I can't be that old yet! :eek: ) I never really thought of myself as all that good. Most of what I have done is what I call 'copy art' where I take a pic that I like and draw it as exactly as possible, though usually much larger. Laely, I've been getting away from that and trying to work in Photoshop, but I still only have a basic knowledge of the program. However, I do have some things to share, with more coming once I dig out my older pictures and scan them into my computer.

Anyway, I think that's enough rambling. Here are two Photoshop pieces I've done.

This is one I did about 1 1/2 years ago for a school project where we had to design a CD cover, and had the frredom to choose anything! Don't ask why or how the Undertaker ended up here, it's a long story.

Embrace the Darkside

This is one I just finished last night. I named it Destiny because I thought that Anakin and Padme's wedding set a lot in motion, even if they didn't know it.

Destiny

Thanks for checking this out!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

Edits because the original links didn't work

2. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Hehe I like the CD cover, especially the guy in the bottom left. Here's a bunch of sithlords and then a random muscian looking just as badass. The Anakin Padme one was good too, soon you'll be seeing a bunch of PA shippers with that printed on t-shirts.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome, Darth_Leia! :)

Photoshop is one of those programs where you could be playing around with it for years and still only have a beginner's knowledge of it. There is a lot to discover and it can be intimidating at times, but just keep with it! I think you did a great job with the pieces you posted here - I particular like the Anakin and Padme one. I would also be interested in seeing some of your traditional stuff if you still have it lying around. :)

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved your work that CD cover is really nice=D=

5. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Thanks everyone! That CD cover is one of my all time favorites! I did the inside and back covers as well, and put them in a spare case. It's one way to carry my work with me in any case!

HanSolo29, I know what you're talking about on the Photoshop, and I just found a book that will hopefull help me out. I've heard of pro who have been using it for years and still are learning, so I'm thinking I've got quite a ways to go. [face_laugh] And yes, I do still have most of my early work, I just haven't gotten them on the computer yet. And since I've seen a few non-Star Wars pics on here, I'm going to go ahead and put up some of my drawings until I can get the rest done.

This is a pic of a hatching dragon, origianlly done by Anne McCaffrey. I drew it from the 3x5 original and made it 16x20, and only got the upper left corner at that!

hatching dragon

This is from The Crow, another 16x20. The figure is in pencil, the crow is in soft pastel, and the background is oil pastel.

The Crow, Fly Away

Ok, so this one is SW! It's a collage I did before I got a computer. The background is acrylic with the images pasted on. Unfortunatly, something got on it the last time I moved, and I couldn't get it cleaned up. :_| Still, it's still visible, which is the important part for me.

The Darkside Collage

Enjoy!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

6. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I really like the dragon, it's kinda cute. The collage is sick too, I love anything with Anakin/Vader :)

7. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Thanks. The collage was really fun to do, took a couple days to organize it, the let the paint dry!

I've been looking for those other Star Wars pics that I have, but they weren't in with the rest of my portfolio, and I can't remember where I put them when I re-organized. :_| Hopefully I'll find them soon, it's not like my place is all that big or anything.

In the mean time, here's some other stuff I'm doing.

This is the cover for my current story on the Saga board. I just finished this over the weekend. Shards cover

I also do photography, and this was an idea that I was testing out. It's a picture of a statue I have at home that I lit and added color in Photoshop. Dragon Castle

This is one of the portraits I did in HS. Done in pencil on 16x20 shetch paper. The Crow

Hope you enjoyed, and I will double my efforts to find those other pics!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

8. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Ok, I found them, and I apologize in advance for the wrinkles in some of them. They took a bit of a beating during my last move, but you can still see what they are.

This is from ANH. It was on 9x12 paper, but got cut down a little, and was done in colored charcoals.

Vader

(EDIT- photobucket finally finished uploading the rest!)

Here's LUKE. This was again on 9 x 12 with colored charcoals. Actually, come to think of it, all these were done with the colored charcoals.

HAN AND CHEWIE

ANAKIN/VADER

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

9. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    OOO all of these are really good! I especially like the Anakin/Vader one and Chewie. Luke looks like he's on a hockey card, and his shirt looks like a Boston Bruins jersey. They're all really good though!

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very nice!! I like Vader best :)

11. Lisbev

Lisbev Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2008
    Oh WOWSERs

I LOOOVE the CROW sketch =D=

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely Vader/Anakin

and great those other sketches

13. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Thanks everyone for checking this out. I'll admit that the ones I just added aren't exactly my best, but all but the epi 3 Anakin/Vader were done over ten years ago. I went through a very dry spell for a few years, but I'm trying to get back into it.

I'm not sure when I'll have anything new to put up. Been busy with several things, one of which is an entry for this month's contest. In the meantime, thanks for the kind comments! [face_dancing]

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

14. Darth_Leia_6669

Apr 26, 2003
    Well, I just posted it in the contest thread, but thought I'd add it here as well.

The Passage of Time

Hope you enjoy!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

Edits: I'm trying to get the preview up, but I can't seem to get it to work. I've seen advice in other threads on how to do it, and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas?!?!

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great work and love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.