main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shadows of Fate : post NJO : A/T A/T original characters, Part One

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tahiri-Solo, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Merry Christmas, Erin!!!!! Post soon ;)

I stole the 200th post in this thread from you :p

2. Danni_Quee_Solo

Danni_Quee_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2003
  3. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
  4. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
  5. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Come on, TS!!!!! :mad:

:p

6. Danni_Quee_Solo

Oct 17, 2003
  7. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    at least post a teaser! :_|

8. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    Anirenn felt the breath forced from her lungs when a dark booted foot kicked her squarely in the chest. She felt herself falling backwards, her saber falling from her hand, and over the edge of the cliff, within a few seconds, it was no more, as the molten lava below swallowed it. Dazed, she felt herself being grabbed by the hair, and her head being repeatedly slammed against the ground, causing lights to flash behind her eyes. A scream sounded in the distance, and she felt her hair being released, and summoned all her energy to focus her gaze. Her eyes focused on Tarc lunging at her attacker, her clone, which stumbled backwards from Tarcs attack. Tarc was relentless, despite the power she knew the clone possessed. Tarc never let her get an edge in. His skills in physical combat he learned over the past several months was clearly evident in his technique. She stood shakily, feeling drained, and naked without the force. All around, Yasalamiri gazed down at her from their tree branches that overlooked the cliff face. Her connection to everyone else was severed, as if?.
    Tarc caught a blow to the face from the clones hidden dagger she withdrew from inside her boot, and slashed him across his left cheek, causing him to stumble backwards.
    It was in that instant, that Anirenn knew her actions would change her life forever. That one moment of crystalline clarity would define how the rest of her life would turn out. As Tarc fell, the clone lunged at him, her sharp dagger poised to drive into his unprotected chest. Anirenn dashed forward, coming out of the haze of the ysalamiris influence, and felt the force once again with her, increasing her speed. She lunged at the clone, who?s face turned, seeing her coming. She pushed the clone away from Tarc, feeling the cold blade of the dagger dive into her side from the force of the blow, and felt herself and her clone falling over the side of the cliff. Her hand caught the edge, and it slipped, sliding down to barely grasp a tree root that protruded from the side of the cliff. Something clung to her leg. And she glanced down, not at her leg, but at the cold, eerie feeling at her side, where she saw the handle of the dagger sticking out. With her free hand, she reached down, and pulled it free trying not to let the pain show, and give the clone any satisfaction. Now she looked down, as her blood ran down her side, and down her leg, and onto the clones sneering face as it tried to climb up her slippery leg.
    Someone grasped her hand that clung to the slowly severing tree root. She glanced up into Tarcs worried face, tears brimming in his blue eyes. Blood traced down his cheek from the dagger wound. He was barely able to reach her, his fingers grasping hers as best as he could without falling over himself.

?Hang on!? he called over the roar of the molten lava river that moved below. Strength drained as her blood drained from her wound, and her grasp on him weakened as well. The clone began to make her ascension.

?Solo!!! As at your birth, you will be mine!? the clone hissed. It was then that Anirenn heard the different voice. It was old?.she thought Tarc was Anakin, but it was no she either?.now she finally understood. She glanced up at Tarc as the clone managed her way to grab Anirenns belt.

?Find the others.? she said. Tarc?s brow furrowed in frustration.

?I can pull you up!? he cried.

?You can?t pull me up.? she said, and it wasn?t about the ability too, he simply couldn?t let it happen. And as hard a decision it was for her to make, she had to do it, not only for his sake, but the sake of all the Jedi.
    She held Tarcs gaze for one last fleeting instant, wanting her last memory to be the strength she saw in his eyes.

?Thank you.? she said quietly. And she let go of his hand, his face growing smaller as she fell. His voice cried out after her, and she saw nothing as the vapors made him vanish. The clone fell away from her, screeching in a very nonhuman way. The last thing Anirenn felt was hitting the bottom...

9. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! ANIRENN!!!!!!!!!! :_| WHY?!!!!

Great post, but really sad. What about the clone's voice made Anirenn decide to have Tarq leave? Really enjoyed the dagger duel and Tarq stepping up a little bit to try and save Anirenn. And the clone did a gollum atleast :D but I miss Anirenn :_|

Can't wait to see what happens next Erin, this is an amazing story :)

10. Tahiri-Solo

Nov 21, 2001
    glad ya liked it!!!! :)

11. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    :eek: Oh no! No. IT was just like I thought. Anirenn was gonna die and leave Tarc behind. :_| :_| :_|

What about the clone's voice made Anirenn decide to have Tarq leave?

I think it was bcause Anirenn knew that if she let go then the clone too would be gone forever and would never be able to cause as much trouble as Palpatine. That was my take on it anyway.

:( That was a great scene, very well written and I can't wait to see what comes next. *sniff* :)

12. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    [obi-wan]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :_|

So sad... Anirenn let go of Tarc *sniff* :(

Amazing as always, Ts. :)

13. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    bumped for Anirenn ;)

14. Danni_Quee_Solo

Oct 17, 2003
    *gasp* Airenn let go of Tarc's hand? She's so brave! :_|

15. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    up again. :)

16. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Powerful post, T-S. Sad but like most sacrifices also inspiring. For the good of the many . . .
    Good work.

17. Tahiri-Solo

Nov 21, 2001
    Thankyou :)

almost finished, not gonna rush it though, but i'll post as soon as i can

18. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    can't wait! :D

19. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
  20. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    bump again *begs for post* :(

21. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    4 bumps in a row...breaks a tragic record :p

22. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I think there has to be a new post here today.....

23. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

May 17, 2003
    Uppers!!! :D s*pends time building patience*

24. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    *bangs head against wall*

25. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    *starts pulling out hair*