"Shadows of the Empire" score in place of the PT score

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by ANAKINSKYWEEZER, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. ANAKINSKYWEEZER Force Ghost

star 3
    Hey guys,

If you could replace some of the PT score with tracks/cues from "SOTE," what titles would you choose and where would you place them? I think it's safe to say that the SOTE score is more OT-ish than a lot of the PT score. So, just as a fun experiment, what would you do?
  2. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I don't think it's safe to say that at all. I think all three PT scores are solidly Star Wars in style.
  3. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I flatly loathe most of the SOTE score. No thanks. :p
  4. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    You'll not find a bigger advocate than me of the SOTE score, but I can't really see where it would fit in. It's in a totally different mood to the feel of the PT. If anything we could use it to replace some of the OT, not that that'd be a good idea. :p
  5. ANAKINSKYWEEZER Force Ghost

star 3
    Awww, you guys are no fun. :_|

No, really. No ideas?

How about that beautiful fanfare from the end of "The Destruction of Xizor's Palace" in place of the Gungan celebration music in TPM?
  6. Cerrabore Jedi Master

star 4
    Shadows of the Empire is a homeless score. While the musical narrative theoretically corresponds to a certain tie-in novel, the score is vastly superior in every way. In fact, I think it might be best suited for the old Tales of the Jedi comics, perhaps... something grand and abstract.
  7. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Boooo. The "Gungan celebration music" is the most subversive version of the Emperor's Theme ever.
  8. ANAKINSKYWEEZER Force Ghost

star 3
    Actually guys, I may try to do an edit of one of the prequel films and I'd just like some ideas of what I could use where.

I'm sure some of you have thought of this before.
  9. Darth Rayder Force Ghost

star 4
    Night Skies = Padme's Ruminations. Other than that, I can't think of any tracks that would readily replace any PT tracks. Perhaps Xizor's theme in place of Battle of the Heroes, too. And I can easily picture Xizor's theme playing over the end credits.
  10. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    ..Still not a very good idea. :p
  11. Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Knight

star 3
    Xixor's theme for Order 66. Makes it more of a lampoon of the sad Jedi Knights getting taken down with something as simple as a blaster- when Kyle Katarn showed us that deflecting a dozen blaster bolts isn't even a conscious action... ;)
  12. ANAKINSKYWEEZER Force Ghost

star 3
    Two things:

1. I wouldn't want to sacrifice "Anakin's Betrayal" because the music for that sequence is so beautiful.

2. I think rather than replace "Padme's Ruminations" with "Night Skies," it may be better just to leave the entire "Ruminations" sequence music-less. There's so much music in the film up to that point that it may actually be jarring and ironically attention grabbing if that Anakin/Padme sequence was carried solely by the emotion on the two actors' faces.
  13. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I don't get the love for "Night Skies". It's one of the weakest tracks from the album, if you ask me.
  14. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Master

star 4
    Are you kidding me? The whole track is great, but it's got easily one of THE BEST statements of the Force Theme EVER!
  15. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6

Might as well throw in some Alexander Nevsky by Prokofiev also. ;)
  16. THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I always thought the soundtrack for SOTE was good. [face_blush] But then again that is one of my favourite Star Wars Novels. I thought Xixors' theme was as becoming to him as the Imperial March is to Vader. Not that its as good as the Imperial March, I just mean that (to me) it suits that character. However, sadly, my copy was busted a few years ago at JFK airport. And I haven't been able to find another. :(

~Piper :)
  17. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Amazon.com

Amazon is your friend. :p
  18. Jedi_Master_Johns Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think your all forgetting "The Imperial City" track. I think this demonstrates the beauty and looming buildings of Coruscant and could be pulled off in any three of the movies.
  19. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    The Coruscant fanfare already does that. ;)
  20. victorx92 Jedi Padawan

Maybe the music piece called "Beggar's Canyon Chase" could be used for "Chase through Coruscant."
  21. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    No. Death to the SOTE soundtrack. :p
  22. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I don't get how anyone could want to replace Williams' work with the SOTE score. It's subpar.
  23. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    The SOTE soundtrack is pretty decent, but it doesn't work for anything in the PT..
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.