main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Shadows of the Empire" score in place of the PT score

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by ANAKINSKYWEEZER, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANAKINSKYWEEZER

ANAKINSKYWEEZER Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    Hey guys,

If you could replace some of the PT score with tracks/cues from "SOTE," what titles would you choose and where would you place them? I think it's safe to say that the SOTE score is more OT-ish than a lot of the PT score. So, just as a fun experiment, what would you do?

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I don't think it's safe to say that at all. I think all three PT scores are solidly Star Wars in style.

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I flatly loathe most of the SOTE score. No thanks. :p

4. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    You'll not find a bigger advocate than me of the SOTE score, but I can't really see where it would fit in. It's in a totally different mood to the feel of the PT. If anything we could use it to replace some of the OT, not that that'd be a good idea. :p

5. ANAKINSKYWEEZER

Feb 18, 2003
    Awww, you guys are no fun. :_|

No, really. No ideas?

How about that beautiful fanfare from the end of "The Destruction of Xizor's Palace" in place of the Gungan celebration music in TPM?

6. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Shadows of the Empire is a homeless score. While the musical narrative theoretically corresponds to a certain tie-in novel, the score is vastly superior in every way. In fact, I think it might be best suited for the old Tales of the Jedi comics, perhaps... something grand and abstract.

7. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Boooo. The "Gungan celebration music" is the most subversive version of the Emperor's Theme ever.

8. ANAKINSKYWEEZER

Feb 18, 2003
    Actually guys, I may try to do an edit of one of the prequel films and I'd just like some ideas of what I could use where.

I'm sure some of you have thought of this before.

9. Darth Rayder

Darth Rayder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 1999
    Night Skies = Padme's Ruminations. Other than that, I can't think of any tracks that would readily replace any PT tracks. Perhaps Xizor's theme in place of Battle of the Heroes, too. And I can easily picture Xizor's theme playing over the end credits.

10. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    ..Still not a very good idea. :p

11. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    Xixor's theme for Order 66. Makes it more of a lampoon of the sad Jedi Knights getting taken down with something as simple as a blaster- when Kyle Katarn showed us that deflecting a dozen blaster bolts isn't even a conscious action... ;)

12. ANAKINSKYWEEZER

Feb 18, 2003
    Two things:

1. I wouldn't want to sacrifice "Anakin's Betrayal" because the music for that sequence is so beautiful.

2. I think rather than replace "Padme's Ruminations" with "Night Skies," it may be better just to leave the entire "Ruminations" sequence music-less. There's so much music in the film up to that point that it may actually be jarring and ironically attention grabbing if that Anakin/Padme sequence was carried solely by the emotion on the two actors' faces.

13. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I don't get the love for "Night Skies". It's one of the weakest tracks from the album, if you ask me.

14. Eugene_Meltsner_AIO

Eugene_Meltsner_AIO Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2002
    Are you kidding me? The whole track is great, but it's got easily one of THE BEST statements of the Force Theme EVER!

15. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

Might as well throw in some Alexander Nevsky by Prokofiev also. ;)

16. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    I always thought the soundtrack for SOTE was good. [face_blush] But then again that is one of my favourite Star Wars Novels. I thought Xixors' theme was as becoming to him as the Imperial March is to Vader. Not that its as good as the Imperial March, I just mean that (to me) it suits that character. However, sadly, my copy was busted a few years ago at JFK airport. And I haven't been able to find another. :(

~Piper :)

17. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Amazon.com

Amazon is your friend. :p

18. Jedi_Master_Johns

Jedi_Master_Johns Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2005
    I think your all forgetting "The Imperial City" track. I think this demonstrates the beauty and looming buildings of Coruscant and could be pulled off in any three of the movies.

19. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    The Coruscant fanfare already does that. ;)

20. victorx92

victorx92 Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2006
    Maybe the music piece called "Beggar's Canyon Chase" could be used for "Chase through Coruscant."

21. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    No. Death to the SOTE soundtrack. :p

22. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I don't get how anyone could want to replace Williams' work with the SOTE score. It's subpar.

23. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    The SOTE soundtrack is pretty decent, but it doesn't work for anything in the PT..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.