main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shadows of the Empire, Splinter of the Minds Eye, my wish.....

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AnakinBrego, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
    I think it would be cool if The Cartoon Network would make other stories between the other films, Splinter of the Minds Eye and Shadows of the Empire, even the ones between Episodes 1 and 2 the other stories between Episodes 2 and 3. Does anyone else think that this would be a good idea?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. jedimikey7t4

jedimikey7t4 Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2005
    I totally agree. I would love to see the expanded universe done in the smae way. I've just been reading Shadows of the Empire again, and I could completely imagine Prince Xizor drawn in this style. It is definitely the way forward. Shadows is a bridge between eps 5 & 6, similar to Clone Wars is for 2 & 3. I think they should start with something like that and then other stories set around the films timeline like Splinter of the Minds Eye. After that they could move on from Return of the Jedi. I would love to see that. Imagine them all in your DVD collection!

3. magickcache

magickcache Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2005
    Tartakovsky EU would be a dream come true! There is enough subject material for years. Just think of it...Thrawn trilogy, Jedi Academy, NJO, Shadows, Rogue Squadron...etc

4. shasbutt

shasbutt Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2005

I agree. I would love to see some of the novels in animation,but wouldn't it be best to concentrate on original stories?

5. R24d20

R24d20 Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2004
    i would like to see animated shows like the tales from the me cantina.and tales of the bounty hunter these would make good shorts

6. JediMaster77

JediMaster77 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I've always wanted to see Shadows of the Empire integrated someway into the saga since it was such an important plotline and one of the most well known stories outside the movies (it was a video game, but yeah). It would be cool to see it as an animated movie by the people that did Clone Wars.

7. Boola Cronk

Boola Cronk Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 1999
    To bad GT doesnt really want to do any more. As he said before, the only reason he decided to Season 3 is because GL personally contacted him and said he wanted it to tie into EP3.

8. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    *begins singing 'Wouldn't It Be Loverly' from My Fair Lady *

Seriously though, that would be cool. Steve Perry wanted to see Shadows done, in animation, if you read his foreword for the SOTE graphic novel.

9. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    I'd like to see Labyrinth of Evil made into...something.

A comic book at the very least.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    McCallum, once upona time, hinted that we mights ee a CGI SOTE one day.

11. Sapno Krei

Sapno Krei Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 23, 1999
    I *totally* agree with the idea of animating some of the EU novels. The great thing is that now that all the movies are done, the EU films can smooth out some of those glaring continuity errors that have popped up over the years.

I've never had the patience for the books myself (hey, GL and I have something in common!), but I wouldn't mind seeing some played out on the small screen.

I think the CLONE WARS team would do a great job of it, but I wouldn't be against other animation companies taking a crack at novel-based films. So long as the sound effects and music are pure STAR WARS, they should be a-okay.

12. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    Thrawn 1786 wrote:

Steve Perry wanted to see Shadows done, in animation, if you read his foreword for the SOTE graphic novel.

Maybe he could get back together with Journey and do the music for it, too. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.