main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shadows of the Empire

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Corran_Katarn, Jan 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corran_Katarn

Corran_Katarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    I know this is probobly a dumb question but I was curious. Which came first: the game or the book?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Game, books, cards, comics, soundtrack were all part of a big multimedia thing.

3. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    The game... erm..the book, definieanty[sp?] The book. Nice hndle, Corran_Katarn, go look at my thread on the Katarn Vs.Horn

4. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    The release was pretty close.

If you want to get the full SotE story, I suggest you read the book and comic, play the game, listen to the soundtrack, etc. The novel doesn't go into as much detail as the comics when it comes to the bounty hunters.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. Corran_Katarn

Corran_Katarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    Veng_Commando,

I have seen your post. I posted there too. I said it would be a tie!!

6. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    If you want the even fuller experience, try Secrets of Shadows of the Empire by...Mark Cotta Vaz I think...and The ARt of the Brothers Hildebrandt.

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    There's a whole card series with the art work of the Hildebrandt brothers. You can find out more about them here. The scene on the front of the card is described on the back, and summerizes the SOTE story.

~*~Bria

8. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    In the book, each painting has the lines from the text corresponding to it, as well as additional comments by the Brothers, and the guy who wrote the book.

9. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Art of brother's hildebrandnt didn't have all the pictures from the cards does it?

10. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    I think it has the complete set as was done by them, so that would be yes.

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Just checking I own the book but didn't know it had complete set of cards all in a nice larger size.

12. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Yes, the images in the book are bigger than the images on the cards... :confused: :mad:

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    well, unless the cards varied around 6x9 and 8x9 inches, and all points in between. Then I'd say yes the pics are bigger.

by the way the giant diagnoga that dash takes out in the game is actually the diagnoga, that luke takes out in the book. In the hildrebrant drawing it's about the same size as the one in the game.

Also battle with ig-88 occurs in the art as well.

14. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    Yes, they did a set based on the book, then a set just for character portraits, then a set based on the game, focusing on Dash, and a set based on the comic, focusing on Fett. :mad:

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    No we are talking about the art of brother's hildebradnt book, it has all the art from the card games in one nice giant portfolio size.

All the events in all 3 sources are intended to be tied together as one cohesive whole. So hildebradnt did art from the plots of all 3.

Infact steve perry was behind the plot for all 3 sources, and picked and choosed which parts of the story would be told in each section.

All of this is covered in the secrets of the shadows of the empire book.

16. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    I know, that's what I'm talking about. The majority of Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt is pics from the story, with quotes from the book. Then there are I think 6 pics of dash in Echo Base and elsewhere based on the game, 6 of Fett based on the comic, and then all the character portraits. :mad:

17. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    heh ... Can you say, "Big Money-Making Gimmick??"

Geesh.

18. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    The book also has quotes from the removed parts of the novel. Such as quotes from the removed dash escape scene. That scene was written out, but because they chose to put into the game(quotes are a bit different in the game itself.), it was left out. But the brothers had access to the early draft.

19. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Infact the Secrets of the shadows of the empire, brags about how it was a great money making gimmic, ;), :D.

20. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    Why are you pointing all this stuff out? We're in agreement, not an argument? I already know this stuff! :mad:

21. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Pointing it out for people that might not know, actually.

22. IAmTheDarkSide

Jan 9, 2002
    I forgive you. I shall even attempt to smile, painful as that may be. :mad: :( [face_plain] :) :D

23. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Hey, that's great, you should do it more often, ;), :D, :D, :D. (Smile Smile Smile)

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.