main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shadows of the Future: TPM, Time-travel AU- Obi/Ani/Qui bonding- complete, 6/6!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by stormqueen874, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    I must say I'm curious to see what the next post(s) will contain....you've done another amazing job Master.... I can't wait to read more.~~

2. ConStar

ConStar Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    "Why does it always seem to be you, padawan? Qui-Gon thought, his heart breaking at the sight. Why can I never protect you as I would like?" I absolutely love this sentence!!!! It's perfectly showing Qui-Gon's desperation and sorrow that no matter what he does to protect his padawan, Obi-Wan manages to get into deep trouble. Well, but that's exactly what we readers like so much, isn't it? :p

I'm very curious how Qui will react when he learns about Obi-Wan's future and the role Anakin is going to play in it. I just hope that he won't just discount those so called visions with a phrase like "The future is always in motion." and "Don't center on your anxieties." or even better "Live in the Here and Now." :oops: What has an ancient prophecy about a CHOSEN ONE to do with the Here and Now? :confused:

I have to admit [face_worried] that in most storys - and especially in canon - Anakin is a sore point for me: I like Vader (he's evil and hungry for power but he doesn't pretend to be anything else) but I absolutely dislike Anakin (*ducks behind her desk to avoid being hit by foul eggs*). But in your story Anakin is a boy I can relate to. I even like him so far :eek: and that's an accomplishment I tell you!

So you will just have to write on to show me another side to Anakin Skywalker that I haven't seen until now, don't you think? ;)

3. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Qui-Gon awoke from what had been the best sleep he?d had in weeks...

And he owed it all to a little device he found on his nose...

[face_laugh]

Together the two cut an image of utter peace, and the sense of rightness that filled Qui-Gon upon seeing them was enough to stop him in his tracks.

When had his apprentice formed such a deep bond with the child?

The answer will soon be known to you Qui-Gon, but at least now you won't have to worry about them getting along.

The next thing Qui-Gon knew he was face down on the floor, his cheek mashed against the cushion, his arms twisted behind his back, and a deactivated lightsaber held to his throat. Something heavy pressed down on his back and a powerful hand gripped the back of his neck, pinching the pressure points that rendered the lower half of his body useless. He winced when he felt the Force tighten around his wrists, tugging them up towards his head painfully, and he actually cried out when a knee dug into his lower back.

Ouch. Not a morning person, is he?

?M-Master,? Obi-Wan started, stumbling a bit over the title, ?you might not believe what I?m about to tell you.?

?Try me, Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon said with a touch of frost. ?At this point, I?m ready to believe just about anything.?

I wouldn't be so sure of that. But then again, we already know what Obi-Wan's been through. So Qui-Gon is gonna be in for the shock of his life.

?He was in those visions wasn?t he ... That?s why you knew his name when you woke; why you formed a bond with him so quickly.?

?Yes,? Obi-Wan said at last, a small sigh escaping him, and he fell silent.

Not to mention he's making up for lost time.

?I?ll give you the time you ask for, Obi-Wan, but if I find you in one of your twisted realities again, all previous promises are null and void.?

Indeed. Although I selfishly want Obi-Wan to spill his guts right now, I'm glad that at least a time has been set for preparation and presentation. And, if Obi has another 'episode', he'll have to let his guard down.

Sorry for the late reply, stormqueen. DRL has been riding me hard this week. How I wish I was a care-free kid again...but sadly, we all have to grown up and endure the real world sooner or later. *sigh*

Anyway, yet another wonderful post. Can't wait to read more.:D

4. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Amazing update stormqueen! What an emotional rollercoaster you put me on...there I was going awwww at Obi and Ani all snuggled up together and boom! Qui-Gon very nearly gets it! [face_hypnotized]

Wonderful conversation between Qui and Obi, all the details and little touches you put in were fantastic. Your characterisation is perfect.

Why does it always seem to be you, padawan? Qui-Gon thought, his heart breaking at the sight. Why can I never protect you as I would like?

Qui-Gon murmured something that was a mix of a regretful sigh and an expression of his grief, and then wrapped his arms around his apprentice. He held Obi-Wan, trying to calm the young man?s shaking form, and whispered pure nonsense as the padawan cried silently over a wound that none could see.

:_|

So sad, but beautifully written... =D=

Really looking forward to the next update.

5. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    =D= Wow! Fantastic update as usual. That ending there was very heart-breaking. :_| Poor wittle Obi! I just wanna hug him.

thanks so much for the PM! I caint wait for the next update.

6. Terje_Lisan

Terje_Lisan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2005
    Oh man, another awesome chapter!!! I loved Qui-Gon's reaction to Obi-Wan's leaps in skills. It truly deepens the problems and angst that both characters are experiencing. I liked too how you made Obi-Wan reveal information, but in a more vague manner. The whole double meaning statement "I died" revelation and acting like it was a dream speaks so much. :_| =D=. It just goes to show that Obi-Wan still retained his skills as the Negotiater by telling truths in little white lies. Bravo.

7. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    *crawls in after the most stressful two days of school ever*
    *perks up when she realizes she gets to spend some more quality time with Obi-Wan* ;)

:_| The ending really got to me - how Qui-Gon finally gave into Obi-Wan's request and just let him be, just let him cry. I'm reminded with every update why I loved this story so much the first time around - the strong relationships between the characters and the powerful emotions that come along with them. :D

Their eyes met briefly, and Qui-Gon caught a glimpse of churning lava, a blue lightsaber clashing with his own, felt a sickening heat searing his skin, choked in the noxious sulfurous gases?

Obi-Wan looked away, silencing the screams that echoed along the bond.

?What happened?? Qui-Gon whispered, feeling his hands shake, but Obi-Wan stared at the wall, his eyes seeing something far beyond.

When Obi-Wan finally spoke, his voice was barely a whisper.

?I died.?

This is probably my favorite part of the chapter. Obi-Wan's reply "I died" feels like a punch to the gut. Wonderfully written. :) Also, I loved all the information about the Kinas shields. Did you make them up yourself or base them off of something? In any case, they were a marvelous idea. :D Yay for creativity! :p

=D= =D=

8. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Oh, wow, I completely forgot to mention that in the update, didn't I? :oops::rolleyes: Thanks, Nienna, for reminding me! :D

I loved all the information about the Kinas shields. Did you make them up yourself or base them off of something?

Kinas-shields are something I came up with completely on my own, though I have to admit that they were influenced heavily by all the fantasy/magic novels I read, where they've got spells to hide themselves. So I thought, why couldn't someone do that with the Force? I try to be really creative (within reason) for my ideas of Force-use, because honestly I think just simply moving things around during meditation is awfully boring. I try to take a practical/ useful stance on all my ideas for what a Jedi can do, and so it makes me glad to see that so far I'm managing to be believable! :D

Hope that answers everyone's questions about it- I'm sorry for not mentioning it sooner!

-Stormqueen

9. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Great update =D= and thank you very much for the PM!
    Our 3 "boys" are absolutely cute!
    But I still think, that Obi-Wan should tell Qui-Gon everything... or perhaps not everything, but speak to him what happened! I wonder what will happen when they meet the council.
    Can't await your update next wednesday (and it's my birthday then too, your update will be a nice gift for me!)

10. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    Powerful imagery and storytelling. The way you capture Obi-Wan is perfect. I hope he is able to change things without making them worse.

11. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    thank you, SQ, providing me with a lovely afternoon. i just read through this whole thing and i loved every word.

i'm utterly enthralled and can't wait to see where you go with this.

*sigh*

add me to that amazingly long PM list you have going there.

12. stormqueen874

Aug 7, 2005
    Hey all! I know today is update day, and so I hope you'll forgive the fact that replies are a day late. It's been a really tough week for some reason, though I think it's been a combination of my muse finally kicking in while I'm trying to write a paper, on top of all the craziness of my town as school starts and college students begin the move back in. *shakes head* Anyway, time for replies! *grins*

OH! And I so completely forgot last time around, but I've made it over 100 reviews! [face_dancing]8-} A huge, HUGE thank you to everyone as this thread continues to grow- I hope people don't feel too daunted to check it out! [face_worried]

Layren: Hey there, ma dear! So good to see you; congrats on the first post! [:D]

Stellar update! Totally wasn't expecting that emotional storm there, especially how Obi-Wan reacted to Qui-Gon then. Just when we think things are sorting themselves out you put us through the wringer and make us wonder just when Obi-Wan will be himself.

I'm afraid I can't have things happy for long... maybe it's a curse? Well, life is full of ups and downs, and as much as I enjoy happy-ending stories, the bulk of my writing is full of such twists and turns. It makes thigns interesting, I hope!

Really loved the tension between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan there, wonderfully written and those shields must've been impressive and rather surprised that Qui-Gon did decide to give his padawan his privacy, but Qui-Gon believes in second chances, so it makes sense.

The shields were fun to write, actually, and this chapter was the easiest time I had writing Qui-Gon. I sort of based him on my own mom, believe it or not, and I know she would only invade my privacy if she was certain beyond a shadow of a doubt that something was wrong. But don't go thinking Qui-Gon has just let this go- he's letting it sit until both he and Obi can discuss things calmly. :)

Can't blame Obi-Wan for wanting to keep Qui-Gon out of his mind for now, wonder how Qui-Gon will react once he learns that Anakin in his universe murdered over half the Jedi. Really can't wait for that storm

I'm afraid you might have to wait a while... [face_plain] I've got a lot of other stuff that happens first, believe it or not, with plenty of mush stuffed in there. ;) Thanks so much for reviewing, ma dear, and stay tuned for an update!

KELIA: Hey there! Welcome back!

Awwww....poor Obi! He needs to confide everything to Qui-Gon, no matter how hard it'll be for Qui to belive him. This is too much of a burden for him to carry alone. I love that Qui-Gon is willing to give Obi-Wan as much time as he needs - but Obi needs to tell him soon!

That's very true, but don't forget we're dealing with a man who hasn't really had anyone to confide in for about ten, maybe thirteen years. I can't really see him talking to Anakin until Anakin is no longer his padawan, so I would imagine he's just gotten used to dealing with problems like this on his own.

Then again, this problem is much bigger than anything he's dealt with, so hm...

He made the bed with a wave of his hand

I wish I could do that!

Me too! I so want Force-powers, or even the ability to do magic, but sadly, I must make my bed the hard way every morning. *sighs heavily*

Thanks for reviewing! *grins*

Lea-El: Howdy! Welcome back!

Wow! Qui-Gon got a shock waking up Obi-Wan.

[face_laugh] He certainly did, didn't he?

I love your style of writing. You aren't afraid to explore emotions or to let a scene play out to it's conclusion.

Aw, thank you! I worked really hard on this last set of chapters, just because of how emotional they are, and I know it sounds bad, but it makes me glad to see people crying over my stuff. It means I've done my job properly! Good writing should make you feel something, and so yay that I seem to be doing that! *happy dances for a moment*

I was wondering when it would hit him that he had Qui-Gon back from the dead really. I wanted to cry for him.

*sniffles* I

13. stormqueen874

Aug 7, 2005
    All right all! It's the Wednesday update! I'd like to begin first of all by running down the PM list like I always do, complete with additions! And please, please, please let me know if you asked to be added and yet don't see your name on the list. I can be a total scatter brain sometimes!

-Meredith_Kenobi
    -G__Anakin
    -Neinna_Narmolanya
    -kenobiwanobi
    -Kynstar
    -KELIA
    -Darth_Abtranor
    -Layren
    -Kestrel_Kenobi
    -CherryLightsaber
    -EGKenobi
    -Sounderwan
    -JediMormon
    -Fifilla
    -__Sithspawn__
    -bek
    -Lea-El
    -Ara-gon
    -rabideuphonium
    -Ocelotl_Nesto
    -AP4EVER
    -Gkilkenny
    -Jacen200015
    -jaina_clan_solo
    -Dragonlady
    -KTfanfic
    -IrishEyedJedi
    -Terje_Lisan
    -Jennifer_Lyn

I'm pretty sure that's everyone! If you want to be added/removed/whatever, simply let me know, okay?

This week's update is shorter than last week's, I'm afraid, but it's stuffed with pure fluff as a gift for suffering through the angst of last week! :D So enjoy, you hear?

?Master Jinn!?

Qui-Gon turned away from the serving table at the sound of his name, slightly surprised by the greeting. He hadn?t expected to find anyone in the galley so early.

He smiled when he found Padmé standing before him, dressed in her yellow, fluttering handmaiden gowns. She returned his smile, her head dipping in a polite bow, and she moved to stand beside him.

?Good morning, young handmaiden,? he greeted as she took a plate from the top of the pile at the end of the table and began to spoon herself some of the pale orange protein dish. Qui-Gon assumed that it had been engineered to imitate Naboo scrambled eggs, which were perishable and hard to come by.

?Good morning,? she responded, and he passed her the spatula for the Corellian tubers, which had been sliced into thin strips, formed into patties, and then fried. Corellian tubers, unlike Naboo eggs, were ridiculously easy to procure, and kept for years. ?I trust you and your padawan slept well??

?We did, thank you,? he said, selecting several pieces of a thinly sliced and fried meat that he couldn?t identify, and adding them to his plate. ?And yourself? How is the queen faring??

Padmé shot him an oblique look. ?The queen is anxious for our arrival, but preparations for her upcoming address of the Senate have kept her occupied,? the girl said. ?She wanted me to ask if you wouldn?t mind meeting with her later today to discuss what she might say.?

?I?m not a politician,? Qui-Gon replied. ?I?m afraid I might not be much help.?

?Any help is better than none,? she returned before blinking at something off to Qui-Gon?s right.

?Two plates, Padawan Kenobi?? she asked, and Qui-Gon turned his head slightly to find that Obi-Wan was indeed attempting to balance two plates full with food on one arm. Cutlery had been poised along the edges precariously, and after pausing for a moment, he moved to collect two glasses of synthetic muja juice with his free hand.

?Oh, only one?s for me,? he said, glancing up briefly to throw them both a small grin. ?The other is for Anakin, who got the easy job of picking out a table.?

?Go,? Qui-Gon told him, sending his disbelief along the bond. ?I?ll join you shortly.?

-If you managed to make it there with the plates in one piece,- he added, smiling a little as Obi-Wan sent him a sour expression.

-Ha, ha, Master. Very funny,- he sent and turned to go. ?But we?ll certainly see who has the true last laugh, won?t we?-

How Obi-Wan managed the small bow he gave Padmé without dropping or spilling anything left Qui-Gon puzzling for a moment, especially since the Obi-Wan he remembered couldn?t have managed that recklessly graceful movement, but he finally sighed and shook his head. His apprentice had a lot to answer for, and now was not the time to start in on questioning.

?I?m glad I ran into you, Master Jinn,? Padmé said, bringing him from his thoughts, and he poured two glasses of the muja juice for them. ?When we stopped briefly last night for the next portion of our jump, we managed to receive the latest news

14. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

?Obi-Wan, stop it!? the boy exclaimed, and Padmé let out yet another giggle, but this time she tried to smother it. ?I just want some of that sauce, so quit making it avoid me!?

?What makes you think I?m doing anything, Ani?? Obi-Wan asked, his tone perfectly confused, but Qui-Gon heard the mental snicker. He glanced up from his datapad just in time to see Anakin make a mad grab for the catsup bottle, which quickly twitched out of his path.

?Obi-Wan!?

?Ani, how could I be moving that bottle?? Qui-Gon heard his padawan ask. ?Do you see me touching it at all??

?Well, no??

The bottle made another miraculous escape and Qui-Gon set down his datapad in shock, gaping at the sight.

?But I know you?re doing it! You?re a Jedi; you could be moving it with your mind!? the boy said, frowning in concentration as he focused on the bottle, which happened to be doing a jaunty little jig as it sat just out of reach. Padmé erupted into fit of giggles at the sight and Qui-Gon looked up at his apprentice, his gaze incredulous.

?Maybe,? Obi-Wan said, the mysterious note to his voice maddening, and Qui-Gon could sense exasperation rolling off Anakin. ?But you?ve got no proof, do you??

?Once I catch that stupid bottle-?

Anakin made another attempt when the bottle danced teasingly within reach, only to have it zip through his fingers.

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] Awwww Obi-Wan testing Anakin already :p I think he's just showing off for Padme ;) Nice to see such a sweet bond between Anakin and Obi-Wan developing here. I think if Anakin had really felt bonded to his Master then perhaps things wouldn't have turned out so darn bad. So the boys did catch on to the fact that Padme was really the queen. I always wondered if they had in TPM ;) That look they give one can't tell if it's a knowing look or a "wow we were suckers" look :p

Anyways, great job! Really excellent work, the mush definetely makes up for the angst [face_love]Congrats on so many reviews, you fully deserve them!

15. bibphile

bibphile Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    So Qui-Gon attributes Obi-Wan knowing Padme is Amidala to growing perceptions. He doesn't know that Obi-Wan has a bit of an advantage in knowing secrets. I find that amusing.

That bit with Obi-Wan keeping the sauce from Anakin reminds me of the big kid holding the little kid's toy up high so he can't reach it. I always hated that when I was little. Even when I got older I never thought it was funny. It was good of Obi-Wan to promise not to do it again until Anakin could fight back properly.

16. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    How cute! :D *melts* If I were to quote my favorite parts of this chapter, I'd end up quoting the whole thing. So many magical moments, too many to choose from. But the dancing catsup bottle does rank high... ;) I loved the introduction of Padme. You've portrayed her well. :)

If one of the cooks happened to glance up, or if another passenger entered and saw two grown Jedi, a handmaiden, and a boy playing tag in the dining area, who cared? Live in the moment, the Jedi said, and Qui-Gon intended to do so for as long as possible.

A perfect ending to a delightful chapter. I love fluff! ;)

=D= =D=

17. JediMormon

JediMormon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2006
    Another great update! I liked the Qui/Obi/Anakin banter you had going, especially the dancing bottle o' catsup, it worked very well! Padme's frustration at no one paying attention to her planet's crisis was good too. And Obi-Wan brought up the Gungan's Army instead of Jar-Jar? That's an interesting twist... I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when they arrive on Courscant! Can't wait till your next update!

~ The Mormon Jedi

18. KTfanfic

KTfanfic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 16, 2005
    If one of the cooks happened to glance up, or if another passenger entered and saw two grown Jedi, a handmaiden, and a boy playing tag in the dining area, who cared?

LOL! [face_laugh] I love how playful Obi-Wan was in this chapter. It is cool to see the growing bond between Anakin and Obi-Wan. I am curious to see how things are going to change and if Obi-wan will end up being Anakin?s master or not. =D= Great job, I can?t wait to see happens next!

Thanks for the PM!
    ~KT

19. Terje_Lisan

Terje_Lisan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [:D]

Great post. You did a great job in pointing out the positive aspects of having Obi-Wan go back in time. The whole breakfast scene was great, right from Obi-Wan carrying two plates to the whole catscup tag.

Oh and thanks for the PM, it really brightened up my day.

20. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I just loved this chapter

Ha, ha, Master. Very funny,- he sent and turned to go. ?But we?ll certainly see who has the true last laugh, won?t we?-

?Don?t listen to Obi-Wan, Ani,? Qui-Gon said as he moved to sit across from his padawan. ?He just wants you to give up on your food so he doesn?t have to go back for seconds.?

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes good-naturedly, his amusement easily reaching Qui-Gon over their bond.

Your apprentice seems? different,? Padmé said quietly as she watched the two, and Qui-Gon glanced at her before returning his gaze to the datapad. ?He seems? warmer, more confident.?

?How do you mean?? he asked, his tone utterly indifferent, though inside he was frowning. It seemed he wasn?t the only one to notice.

?You?ll forgive me for going on first impressions,? she said around bites of her food. ?But when I met your padawan, he seemed very cold. Very calm. I never would?ve guessed he had a softer side.?
    Again, there was the sense of rightness, a warmth that enveloped the two, which made Qui-Gon smile.
    [face_dancing]

Every moment is changing even Qui-Gon can sense the attachment Obi-Wan and Anakin
    have
    Qui-Gon might not demand to train Anakin, he might see another option

just one word could change the future
    Anything is possible "right?"[face_thinking]

21. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    Lovely updates! I can't believe I missed one.

Ch. 5

I loved the bits about the Kinas shields and all the details about how Obi-Wan is different.

The way you described the dreams and Qui-Gon's perceptions of the future flowing off of Obi-Wan were perfect!

Just when I thought Obi-Wan was going to tell Qui-Gon everything, he dodges again and begs for more time. Not good.

Ch. 6

So Obi-Wan has decided to try to change the future. Or at least give it a nudge in a different direction. Interesting.

Loved the dancing bottle. [face_laugh]

22. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Well, that was a nice bit of fluff...Qui-Gon seems to be picking up the little details that are off about his Padawan.

I sure hope it all comes out - but I've been saying it after every post.

23. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh you were right! More mush!! [face_love] Loooooooved it!! [face_batting]

That was so sweet to see Obi teasing Anakin! [face_laugh] And Qui-Gon's shock was hilarious!

Poor Qui... he doesn't realize what's happening, but even he thinks it's for the better (better for Obi). But mush can only last for so long [face_worried]

Man...wonder how everybody else is gonna react to Obi's change. I feel for Obi though... cuz once he's back at the Temple and sees everybody alive when they were juz killed not to long ago to him. :_| He's gonna have another melancholy attack :( he'll need some TLC after that!

Padme thinks she's fooled them hehehe at least the two are gonna keep it under hush. Which is understandable since indeed she has enemies.

Excellent update!! :D

24. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    wonderful post Master - and oh so very cute!!~ I really enjoyed the section containing the dancing sauce bottle/Obi and Ani~Great job!!~

25. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    It was wonderful to see him teasing and laughing, and Qui-Gon had a sneaking suspicion that they had those visions to thank for it, even with all the other alarming changes. If Qui-Gon only knew. Obi-Wan has learned a great deal in his life and doesn't want to take the chance of making any mistakes this time around - especially where Anakin is concerned. :)

Nodding to himself a little, Qui-Gon set aside the datapad, resolving not to look at it for the rest of the meal, and joined in on the light-hearted mood.

If one of the cooks happened to glance up, or if another passenger entered and saw two grown Jedi, a handmaiden, and a boy playing tag in the dining area, who cared? Live in the moment, the Jedi said, and Qui-Gon intended to do so for as long as possible.

Love this part! :D This is the way it should be! Stronger friendships and bonds being formed! And as for Obi-Wan only being that open with his personality around his closest friends, well, Qui-Gon is in for a shock. Anakin and Padme are two of his closest friends! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.