main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shadows (post-AOTC) in collaboration with Jedi Princess Solo *****New Post, AUGUST 8th!*****

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kathryn, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    OK, so this work is co produced by Jedi Princess Solo (author of Devotion and Serenity) and me, author of Reflections and One)This story takes place immediately after Attack of the Clones, and follows Padmé and Anakin Skywalker through the hardships of their years together and to the destiny they are doomed to fulfill..
    Please enjoy.

It was a moment neither of them wanted to end. Perfect, pure, and full of such passion that they were not two people, but one.
    But, inevitably, they had to pull away from the long, sweet kiss that sealed their vows.

Standing here,
    your eyes gazing into mine,
    I could stay lost here with you,
    for the rest of time.
    The whole world may be against us,
    but as long as I have you,
    I know that I'll find the strength,
    to somehow make it through

Anakin looked over at Padmé. His wife. The very thought filled him with more peace than he had ever known. She was beautiful, the kind of beautiful that lasted for eternity, but she would never look more beuatiful to Anakin than than she did at that moment.

Your love is my salvation,
    my only home in your arms.
    For your love I'd do anything,
    I'd move the moons and the stars.
    I'd give up the whole galaxy,
    and devote myself entirely to you.
    There isn't anything I wouldn't do,
    if you were to ask me to.

He reached up to caress her cheek, once again revelling in the softness of her skin. He then ran his hand through her dark hair, cascading in curls down her shoulders in contract to the cream lace of her gown
    and her head dress.

He drew her close and she rested her head against his shoulder for a moment, savoring the blissful moment they, and they alone, shared.

Padmé raised her head and looked into his eyes, those familiar ice -blue chips that burned with such intensity. That showed such confidence and such pain,such darkness,and such joy.

I'd defy entire worlds,
    I'd wage battle with the suns.
    I would face the enitre galaxy on my own,
    to prove that you are the only one.
    I will fight time, life, death itself,
    to hold you in my arms at night.
    There's no greater cause than our love,
    and no greater reason to fight.

Padmé shivered in the breeze from the lake. For a moment, she thought of what their marriage was going to cost them.

Her career was probably over. Anakin was probably going to be expelled from the Jedi Order.

She felt him stiffen slightly, and realized he had picked up on her inner turmoil. She met his gaze openly, and was touched by the desperation in his eyes. Desperation for her, for her love.

"I don?t regret it, Anakin, she said softly. "I would not change it for all worlds in the galaxy."

"I would give you them all if I could, my love," Anakin whispered, kissing her cheek tenderly.

She knew he would. If she asked, he would give her anything she desired.

But she already had all that she desired.

She had him.

Though there will be those who stand between us,
    who try to break down the walls of our love,
    I will fight for you till my last breath,
    and love you still from above.
    And even if our world comes crumbling down,
    my love for you will live on.
    And when the galaxy falls into darkness,
    the love we created will form a new dawn.

Smiling up at her husband, Padmé Amidala Skywalker took his hand in hers and leaned into his embrace.

Anakin rested his head on hers, and together they watched the sun set over the lake, spiling orange and pink light across the water.

2. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Kathryn, that was absolutely beautiful! I can't wait for more. :)

3. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Hey, I helped, too, LB ;)

4. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Interesting beginning :D

5. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Well, add your name to my previous post, and there you go! *lol* :D

6. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Great start you guys! :) More soon? :D

Jae Angel

7. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks NJ :D Here's the next post ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anakin Skywalker had never really felt like he had a home since he had left his mother and Tatooine when he was only a boy.

Now his mother was dead, and he would never go back to the sand planet he was born on. There was nothing left for him there, it wasn't home anymore.

Home was wherever Padmé was.

And he had to leave her.

"I'll miss you," he said for the hundredth time that morning.

"I know," Padme replied, her rich brown eyes warm, even with the tears glistening there. "I'll miss you, too, Anakin."

He lifted his hand to caress her cheek. "I'll send you a holo every day," he promised.

Padmé smiled slightly. "Be realistic, Ani. You know you can't. Obi-Wan would get suspicious if you did."

Anakin sighed. She was right, he knew that. She always was, that's why she was the reasonable one. She thought with her head, he thought with his heart.

"I know," he replied. "But I'll want to." His eyes searched hers. "I'll think of you every day."

She brought her hand up to rest on his. "I'll think of you, too," she said softly. "And I'll dream of you every night until I'm back in your arms."

Anakin studied his wife for a moment in awe.

His wife.

He was still amazed that she had agreed to marry him, suggested it even. She was so beautiful, so graceful, so perfect. Her dark hair was gathered into a simple braid that hung down over the lavender robe she wore, and her face was clean and bare, no makeup accentuating her stunning features. She was not Senator Amidala today, nor would she ever really be again now that she had taken his name over her own, but a woman come to bid her husband farewell.

She would be going to visit her family after he left, and Anakin wondered what she would tell them.

He wondered what he would tell Obi-Wan.

But that was not a problem to worry about yet. They had agreed to keep their marriage a secret for a while, until they could figure things out and decide the best course of action. Padmé was going to tell her family, but Anakin had none to tell, save Obi-Wan, and he knew that he could not tell his Master what he had done.
    Not yet.

It would destroy everything.

Obi-Wan had taken him on his apprentice despite the Council's initial misgivings about his age, because he had made a promise to Qui-Gon Jinn, a man who had like a father to Obi-Wan, just as Obi-Wan was a father to Anakin. Although it had taken some time for the two of them to fing their footing in the situation that had suddenly been thrust upon them, Anakin had been with Obi-Wan over ten years now, and he knew that he had risked their relationship by marrying Padme.

Gazing at the woman before him, the woman who had vowed to love and honor him for all the days of her life, to stand by him and support him, Anakin knew that it had been worth the risk.

Still, that didn't make the prospect of facing his Master any easier.

Jedi were forbidden attachments, because the Council felt it made them vulnerable, weak, but Anakin didn't see how that could be, when Padmé's love did nothing but give him strength. Since the day he had met her in Wattoo's shop all those years ago, he had loved her and dreamed of her, and those dreams had kept him going when things had gotten rough.

In many ways her love and approval meant more to him than even Obi-Wan's ever could.

But how desperately Anakin wanted Obi-Wan's approval now.

He knew that more than likely he would not get it, though. The Council would be shocked, angry. Obi-Wan would be both of those things, but more than anything, and this was the one that hurt Anakin the most, he would be disappointed.

The Council would most likely have him removed from the Order. Anakin hoped they wouldn't, but if that was their decision, he was ready to accept it. He would not beg, he would not plead, he would not even grow angry. He had known the rules, and he had broken them. He was ready to face whatever the consequences turned out to be.

8. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
  9. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post! :D

10. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Great post! I love getting in Anakin's head! More soon?

11. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Thanks for the replies everybody. Yeah, LB, JPS definately deserves credit for the first post. Wouldn't have been half as good without her imput.

12. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Awww. Kathryn [face_blush] And Kathryn deserves some credit for the second poat, too! He he. Ok, so we both just deserve credit equally ;)

13. babybantha

babybantha Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    Oh, this is so beautiful. [face_love] You write their love even better than the movie portrayed it. It's sweet, tender, and touching. Yet so heartbreaking because we know what happens. :_|

You guys can get into Anakin's head, too. You achieve that balance between cockiness (his "I know" to Padme's "I love you" was a great touch) and endearing qualities.

That last line was so sweet, but also gave me the chills. A little bit of foreshadowing of Episode III, perhaps? ;)

Good job! More please?

14. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    I think it's safe to say yes, some foreshadowing there, BB ;)

15. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Yup. Definite foreshadowing. Anyway, here's more

I shouldn?t have stayed here, Padmé thought. I should have found somewhere else to go that would have been safe.

She shook her head to clear it of such thoughts. She was staying with her family. There wasn't any place safer, except for with Anakin, and she couldn't be with him right then, no matter how desperately she wanted to be.

And she had to tell them.

They were the only ones who could know, after all. The reality of it hit her then. She could never profess her love for her husband to anyone outside of these walls, could never share stories of their love and their life together with anyone except for her family.

It had been only hours since she had said goodbye to her husband, unsure of when they would be together again. Her entire being ached for him. It would be harder without Ani.

And easier too, in a way.

She readied herself for evening meal with her parents her sister and her sister's children, finishing just in time to sit down to the table with everyone else. She wore a simple robe of dark blue with her hair flowing freely, unadorned. She didn't wear any makeup, she had no reason to. She had not had to be Queen in a long while, and here she was not a senator either.

She was merely Padme Amidala.

Padme Skywalker, she corrected herself, her cheeks flushing in pleasure.

Ryoo and Pooja sit at the table in the best ladylike manner they'd been taught. Though they couldn't quite conceal their excitement at spending time with their aunt.

I don't get to be with them nearly enough Padmé realized. They grow so much each time I come to visit.

Some part of her wondered what it would be like to have children of her own, children with Anakin. The thought of a blond haired, blue eyed little boy and a little girl with dark hair and eyes made her smile.

A little Anakin and a little Padmé, she thought wistfully.

The conversation at dinner centered on what her next steps would be. No one was happy when she explained that she would soon be returning to Coruscant. Considering recent circumstances, they were worried about her safety there. Particularly Sola. After their discussions on the matter, though, her sister wisely held her tongue.

"There's another reason I have to go back," Padme said quietly. "What I am about to tell you cannot leave this house. The need for secrecy is dire."

Sola glanced at her daughters. "Girls, off to bed with you."

"But Mom," Pooja whined. "We want to hear, too."

"Another time, maybe," Padmé promised with a weak smile. She watched the girls trudge off to their room, disappointed, then turned to find her parents and sister watching her worriedly.

"What is it, Padmé?" her father asked, his brow furrowed in concern.

Padmé took a deep breath, trying to decide where to start. They already knew of Anakin, she had spoken of him often over the years, wistful memories of the gentle boy who had helped save her people. They knew that he had been assigned to protect her after the assassination attempts, she had sent a holo telling them of their plans to go to Naboo. She had filled them in on the events that had taken place on Tatooine and Geonosis.

She had left out one very important detail, though.

?I - I've changed my name again,? Padme said quietly.

Her father raised an eyebrow. "Another political-"

?No, it's not that," Padme assured him. "Not that at all.?

Her father opened his mouth to say something, but her mother cut him off. "Ruwee, let her speak!"

Ruwee glared at her mother. "I am, Jobal!" He turned to Padme expectantly. "Well?"

"My name isn't Padmé Amidala anymore," Padme said softly. "It's Skywalker. Padmé Skywalker."

Silence filled the room and the tension was so thick it could have been cut with a vibroblade.

"Padmé?" Jobal asked softly, her hand to her mouth. "Does this mean...?"

Padme nodded, swallowing. "Anakin and I were married before he returned to Coruscant."

There was another pause o

16. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Wondeful job, ladies!!!!!!!!!! :D Oh wow, I like Padme's family :) Can't wait for more! Was that more foreshadowing there at the end? ;)

17. Hoya94

Hoya94 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2001
    Excellent! I felt like I was watching the deleted scenes from the movie! Please write more soon!

Hoya

18. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks Hoya :D We are working on the next post now ;)

19. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    JPS, Kathryn, I'm really loving this! It's great! :D

20. Kathryn

May 1, 2002
    Thanks, LB. More is coming soon, I think. JPS said after her next post on Serenity she'd send me her post on this one to look over, so it shouldn't be too long.

21. babybantha

babybantha Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    Another wonderful post.

It's bittersweet, really. So sweet when Padme corrects herself about her last name now being Skywalker. [face_love] But so sad when she realizes she'll never be able to profess her love for him in public. :_|

I love the way you wrote Padme's family. And it was nice symmetry the way she was worried about getting her father's approval in this post as Anakin worried about getting Obi-Wan's in the last.

And another bit of foreshadowing, I think. A little Padme and Anakin? Hehe. Nice. :D

22. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002

Obi-Wan Kenobi stood alone on the landing pad outside of the Jedi temple, waiting patiently for the arrival of his Padawan Anakin Skywalker.

Anakin had been with Obi-Wan for over ten years, and every day Obi-Wan marveled at how much he had grown, how much he had learned, and at how much he still needed to know.

His apprentice was a brash young man, bold, reckless and ridiculously brave. He thought with his heart, not his head, and while that was an admirable trait, Anakin had not yet learned to balance the two.

That was one of the things that frightened Obi-Wan.

He had never said so, of course, but he loved his Padawan as a father would a son. How could he not, when Anakin was such a lively, gifted boy?

For a Jedi, the bond between Master and Padawan had no equal. They were one another's life, love and family all in one, and for most Jedi that was enough.

But not for Anakin.

Obi-Wan blamed that in part on his unique upbringing. Anakin had not been taken into the Order until he was nearly ten years old, much older than normally accepted, and had been raised by his mother, a mother whose love haunted him still, especially so recently after her death.

And now, with his mother gone, Obi-Wan feared that Anakin might grow even more attached to the one woman left in his life.

Senator Padmé Amidala.

It had been with a great deal of uneasiness that Obi-Wan had allowed Anakin to accompany the Senator back to Naboo. He had been worried about his apprentice's affection for the woman, having seen the way Anakin looked at her, but after witnessing the way she had rushed to his side on Genosis, Obi-Wan was now even more concerned.

He could no longer pretend that there wasn't a bond between the two in the Force, as much as he wanted to do just that.

As if it wasn't bad enough that he had to worry about Anakin doing something foolish, now he had to worry about what Padmé might do, as well.

Sometimes Obi-Wan Kenobi wondered if the Force had a grudge against him.

The sleek transport opened its hatch and the boarding ramp slunk out, a lone figure standing at the top. Obi-Wan took a moment to study his Padawan, appraising how much this boy, this man, really, had grown in the years he had been in Obi-Wan's care.

Anakin was tall and wiry, with sandy blond hair and intense dark blue eyes and a body that always seemed tensed, tight, crisp, like he was ready to strike at any moment. He wore the traditional Jedi traveling clothes, his a dark brown as opposed to the tan colored tunic Obi-Wan preferred. The reckless gleam in his eyes shone with a dazzling mix of compassion, determination and anger.

It was the last one that concerned Obi-Wan the most.

"Welcome home, Padawan," he called as Anakin strolled down the ramp, every step confident and assured.

"Thank you, Master," Anakin said, bowing. "It's good to be back."

Obi-Wan did not miss the flicker of sadness that flashed across his face, nor did he fail to notice that his Padawan was not completely open to him through the Force. He must be trying to block his feelings over saying goodbye to Padmé, Obi-Wan thought with a sigh. Perhaps now that they've parted ways, I can steer him back onto the right course.

He had nothing against Padmé, of course, he liked her well enough, he had ever since the Trade Federation crisis on Naboo ten years ago. She was a kind, but determined young woman, and Obi-Wan did not want to see her come to any harm.

But he knew that her relationship with Anakin would bring nothing but if it continued on its present course.

Anakin was a Jedi, he had sworn an oath, taken vows. And one of those vows had been to give up all possessions and attachments.

Except he had not given up Padmé.

Obi-Wan knew he would have to talk to Anakin about her, and soon, but he decided to let it wait. He would need time to prepare what he wanted to say, what he needed to say, so that he would not provoke his apprentice's temper.

Once they started yelling, things would only get worse, as he'd

23. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Great post, JPS! You girls have got an awesome story so far! This is great, I can't believe I missed it until now :D Kathryn, you and JPS make an excellent team! :D

24. Hoya94

Hoya94 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2001
    Excellent post! I think you girls captured Anakin and Obi-Wan's feelings perfectly. Hope we get another post very soon. ;)

Hoya

25. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks JJF :D Thanks Hoya :D Hmm, Kathryn and I do make a rather nice team, don't we? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.