main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shadows (post-AOTC) in collaboration with Jedi Princess Solo *****New Post, AUGUST 8th!*****

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kathryn, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Kathryn's got work, so not tonight ;) But it will be up tommorrow :D And there will be two up tommorrow, most likely ;)

2. Hoya94

Hoya94 Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2001
    AWESOME!!! I can't wait! :)

Hoya

3. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    You won't have to wait too long ;) And things are starting to get interesting in the next couple of posts, so be watching ;)

4. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I got caught up with this, JPS! :D It's great so far, and I can't wait to see your version of between the movies! Great job, and keep it up, ladies!! :D

5. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks LB :D Look for the next post this evening when Kathryn gets home from work ;)

6. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    And here it is.

It was one of the drawbacks of the life she had chosen, she supposed, but it was exasperating, nonetheless.

You chose to be Queen, she reminded herself. You chose to be Senator.

She was accustomed to this, to the disapproving and worried looks Captain Typho shot her as she readied herself to leave, to the flurry of movement around her as her handmaidens followed her dutifully.

Security guards fell into step behind her handmaidens, and Padme sighed.

All this because she wanted to go for a walk.

She had changed out of her Senate robes and into a simple, but elegant red dress with a hood to keep her face half-covered. Her handmaidens were dressed similarly, and as Padme glanced at their outfits, she smiled, remembering the time she, too, had worn that outfit, on her ship headed for Coruscant twelve years ago, when she had comforted a sad little boy with bright eyes.

If she had only known then that that boy would one day be her husband.

She shook her head, smiling. I would never have believed it.

Dormé, Rabé and Eirtaé smiled at her, and the four of them set off for their walk, the security detail staying a few paces back to give them privacy. Padme didn't mind having her handmaidens along, they were her closest friends and excellent company.

They crossed the walkways to the Imperial Gardens, and Padmé lifted her face towards the sky, letting the warmth of the sun beta down on her skin. The sunlight did wonders for improving her mood, taking her mind off of how badly she ached to be walking with that little boy from Tatooine.

They came out of nowhere, a swarm of HoloNet reporters, waving recorders in her face, snapping holos, asking a thousand questions in a thousand languages. They wanted to know about the Senate meeting, about what was being decided, and they shouted so rapidly it made her head hurt. The clamor, the crowd pressing in on her, was overwhelming.

?Senator Amidala is it true that -?

?Senator Amidala, what is your position on -?

The security detail following her unobtrusively moved in and quickly pushed the
    HoloNet reporters back. Padme drew on her most calm and even voice, and said loudly, "I have no comment at this time. Thank you."

They continued to shout questions, begging for an interview, and Padmé Amidala Skywalker's clenched her jaw. She drew herself up as straight and as tall as she could, lifting her chin regally and giving them a cool, steely stare.

"The Senator has declined to answer any questions," a familiar voice said from behind the crowd. "I suggest you respect her wishes."

The crowd turned to see who the vice belonged to, but Padme knew without seeing his face. It was the voice that sang in her heart, that whispered in her dreams.

Her hero. Her husband.

He stood beside Master Kenobi, and both of them hand a hand resting on the hilt of their lightsabers, ready to defend her if need arise. She knew Anakin would not hesitate if he felt her in any kind of danger, his love for her burned so strong and true he could not do anything else. The loyalty she saw in Obi-Wan's eyes, though, was touching, and, at the same time, heartbreaking, for she knew it would fade if he ever learned their secret. Learned that they had betrayed him.

Her eyes met Anakin's for a moment, and she saw him wink at her slightly. She had to turn away to hide a grin. Of course he had come to rescue her, that's what he did. He knew when she was around, he knew when she was in danger. He knew her presence as easily and naturally as he knew breath.

And then Dorme was leading her away, back to their apartment.

He came to her again that night.

There was a soft, whisper of noise as the window slid open, and she sat up, smiling as he slipped into the room. She threw herself into his arms, hugging him fiercely. He embraced her tightly, then pulled back to study her worriedly.

?What's wrong, Padmé?" he asked, sensing her weariness. "Was it that mob today?? he asked, his voice disgusted.

Padme smiled despite herself. Anakin

7. Hoya94

Apr 12, 2001
    That was great Kathryn! I'm so glad you posted tonight. JPS said there might be two posts tonight. Is this true? I hope so! I love this story, it's the best! :)

Hoya

8. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Depends on if I get the next one finished in time Hoya ;)

9. Hoya94

Apr 12, 2001
    Not to rush you, but I hope you do! :D

10. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    I think I can manage it ;)

11. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Hoya, you seem awfully excited! ;) 8-} But how could you not be, these posts are awesome! All the sneaking around Anakin and Padmé do is very endearing and intruiging! Great post!

*SB*

12. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    The next post will be up as soon as Kathryn gets back and edits it ;)

13. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Here it is :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Quinlan just checked in, his lead on the possible wherabouts of Dooku turned out to be a dead end," Mace Windu said, sighing. "He thinks his informant was right, that Dooku was once using that area as a base, but it's been deserted for some time."

Pressing his lips together tightly, Obi-Wan inhaled slowly to calm his growing frustration. For months, Jedi scouts had been searching for Count Dooku to no avail, and with Jedi dying every day out in the front lines fighting the Separatists driod armies, it was becoming more and more urgent to find him as soon as possible.

And yet he and his Sith Master remained hidden.

As tired as he was, he had only been back on Coruscant for a short time on furlough from the fighting, Obi-Wan could not seem to relax. There was something nagging at him through the Force, something troubling him that he couldn't yet identify.

Now, learning that Dooku had once again slipped through their clutches, Obi-Wan had a decidedly bad feeling about things.

"The only one with bad feelings you are not, Obi-Wan," Yoda said gravely. "Felt this we all have. Very bad the future looks."

"I know, Master Yoda," Obi-Wan replied somberly. "That's what concerns me."

Obi-Wan sat in the private meeting room of Master Yoda and Master Windu, after having been invited to join them for a morning discussion. He did not feel self-conscious there, he had spent many mornings in conversation with the two leaders of the Jedi Council.

No, it was something else that was making him uneasy.

He just didn't know what.

Anakin's probably gotten himself into trouble again, he mused wryly. His former Padawan had a habit of finding trouble, or, as Anakin claimed, trouble had a habit of finding him. Over the past twelve years together, Obi-Wan had become accustomed to sudden surges of fear and anxiety from his apprentice, usually right before he had to rush off to save him, only to have Anakin end up saving him before the situation was over.

Obi-Wan's lips curled up into a wistful little smile at the thought. He'd been fortunate enough to work with Anakin on a regular basis throughout the Clone Wars, the missions they undertook separately were few and far between, but it wasn't quite the same.

He supposed that this was how Qui-Gon would have felt, had he lived to see Obi-Wan's graduation to Knighthood. Full of fatherly pride and love, and yet saddened by the sudden and difficult change.

Do you miss being at my side as much as I miss having you there, Anakin? he wondered.

Mace gave him a sympathetic look, presumably having picked up on his train of thoughts, and opened his mouth, most likely to offer some advice, having watched a few Padawans go off on their own himself, but was cut off by the hum of the holotransmitter flickering to life.

"Curious this is," Yoda said with a frown, leaning forward on his gimmer stick. "Expecting a message I was not."

Obi-Wan's brow furrowed in concern as the hologram leapt to life in the open space before them.

What he saw made him hiss in surprise.

A hooded man, his face shrouded by darkness, stared back at them. "Greetings, Jedi," he sneered, spitting the name as if it was acid on his tongue.

"The Sith Master," Mace murmured, his eyes darkening.

"You may call me Sidious," the man said, his voice a gnarled sounding thing, almost inhuman. "Darth Sidious."

Something about that name tickled at the back of Obi-Wan's mind, but he pushed it aside, focusing on the image of the man before him. He tried to read him with the Force, but could not penetrate the darkness wrapped around him, and from the sense he got of Master Windu and Master Yoda, neither could they.

"Why have you contacted us?" Mace demanded.

"Merely to inform you of a betrayal among your ranks," Sidious answered evenly, his cold lips curling into a smug smile full of malice.

A betrayal? Obi-Wan's pulse quickened. Had one of the Jedi gone over to the dark side? Had one o

14. Jedi_Jaina_Fel

Jedi_Jaina_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    :eek: bad Palpy, bad! :mad: How dare he do that to Ani! Great post ladies! man, I wondered how the Jedu would find out ;) And excellent portayl of Obi-Wan's feelings in the situation :D

15. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks JJF :D Yes, I agree. Bad Palpy! :mad: ;)

16. babybantha

babybantha Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    Grr. Palpatine has ruined everything! :mad: If only Anakin could have told Obi-Wan and the Council himself... Arg! Bad Palpy! Why do you have to be so good at writing his manipulations? I always have the urge to throw things around after I read a post with him in it... [face_blush]

17. Hoya94

Apr 12, 2001
    SB: You're right, I am excited about this story. It is just so awesome. This is just how I imagine Episode 3 to be. :)

JSP and Kathryn: You guys are the best writers ever! I can't gush anymore or I'll drown in my own drool. LOL! :D

Hoya

18. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks bb :D We want you to feel that way about Palpy ;)

Thanks Hoya [face_blush] We're glad you're enjoying this story! :D

19. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Grrr, Palpy's at it again. :mad: The reactions of the Council members, and especially Obi-Wan were great.

*SB*

20. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Thanks SB :D Look for the next post tommorrow evening ;)

21. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Poor Anakin! :( At least somebody's in more of a hole than I'm in right now. Sort of makes me feel better, I guess. :( And Palpy really is evil! ;) Great job girls!

Jae Angel

22. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    :D Thanks NJ! :D Glad you like it! And sorry to hear things aren't going that well for you :( Hope it gets better :D

23. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I just hope I can be patient since it doesn't look like things are going to get much better for the next two weeks. :( I need to tune it out and concentrate on happy things, like more posts! :D

Jae Angel

24. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Apr 24, 2002
    Well, I just put up a new Revelations post... ;)

25. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Already been there! ;)

Jae Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.